Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Angel episode discussion 4x10: Awakening

Cordelia has a vision, which reveals that the Beast once knew Angelus. Since Angel has no memory of this, the gang realizes that there is only one thing to do. They must find a way to bring forth Angelus.

----
From TV.com
Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

I don't really like this episode. I really think the writers should've just casted a spell that took away Angel's soul without him having to experience perfect happiness. Even if his cheesy dream had happened, I can't imagine him experiencing perfect bliss with Cordelia after she had slept with his son. The reason why it happened with Buffy was because it was perfect innocence and there's no way they (C/A) could've had that after what she had done. The fact that he said Buffy's name (as a memory or not) was really insulting to their relationship and only irritated me further. It was unneccessary and clearly just a way of telling the fans that B/A was not over.

Another reason I don't care for this episode is because I think the happiness clause is null and void after the havoc he wreaked on BtVS. The only time I can believe it coming to term would be through a synthetic drug making him forget (like in Eternity). It's also hard for me to believe that perfect bliss for Angel = sex (as this episode clearly demonstrates to me).
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

I agree i don't think Angel could ever find perfect happiness again just knowing what woulf happen would keep that thought in mind

as for the saying of buffy's name the writter of the episode said it had nothing to do with buffy really that he had lost his soul to cordy because of the deam and he was losing his soul already when he said it but the it had something to do with remembering the last time it happened...personally i think it was cheesy and have come to think that it is a slap in both cangel and bangel shippers faces, but we are for the most part too stubborn to admit it.
all this did was cause even more friction between 2 groups that are loyal to and passionate about their ship. i don't know about y'all but i have argued my POV with bangel shippers on several occasion and they theirs niether of us budged an inch and actually got pretty heated
i really think that we (Cangel/Spuffy/Bangel shippers) are probably some of the most stubborn shippers ever
Old 05-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I hope some B/Aers post their thoughts on this because I'm interested to know what they thought. I don't believe Angel could only achieve happiness with Buffy, but the memory thing makes more sense. Either way, all it did was confuse fans. I thought it was really disrespectful.
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

I was very disrepectful to both relationships on both sets of fans
Old 12-21-2009, 02:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

AWAKENING

The Good;
Love Wes beating up the shamen's guard, he's really come a long way from the fop we first met in Buffy season 3. CC's little talk with Angel is excellent, manipulating him shamelessly.
The Bad;
It seems a bit silly all the hassle they go to in order to take Angel's soul away. Either give him some of the drug from 'Eternity' or invite Buffy down for a one night stand. Why not just destroy the wooden swords or cut the belts and bells?
Best line:
Angel; "Wood, why does did it have to be wood?"
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Spike through Wes' hand anyone? Stabbing the Beast up through the chin also isn't nice but you'd do it if you had to.
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
Inverting the Hollywood cliche;
Connor more than willing to kill his father.
In disguise; 8
DB get's his shirt off; 12
Cheap Angel; 6
Fang Gang in bondage: Angel tied to the table
Cordy: 5
Angel: 13
Wes: 6
Gunn; 4
Lorne; 4
Fred; 2

Fang gang knocked out:
Cordy: 13
Angel: 16
Wes: 5
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 1
Lorne; 4
Groo; 1
Kills:
Cordy: 5 vamps, 3½ demons
Angel; 41 vamps, 57 and 1/2 demons, 5 zombies, 8 humans
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 12 demons+3 vamps, 5 zombies, 2 humans
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 11 vamps+ 12 demons, 5 zombies, 1 human.
Groo; 1 demon
Fred; 3 vamp+ 1 demon, 5 zombies
Connor; 8 vamps, 5 zombies, 2 demons
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 2
Gunn; 1
Wes; 1

Alternate Fang Gang:
Cordy: 4
Angel: 10
Fred; 2
Wes; 1
Gunn; 1

Characters killed:
Recurring characters killed;
8;
Total number of Angel Investigations: Cordy back in
Angel, Gunn, Fred, Lorne, Wes, CC

Angel Investigations shot:
Angel: 11
Wes; 1
Packing heat;
Wes; 7
Doyle; 1
Angel; 3
Gunn; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost: this ep is a Cangelers delight but alas it was never to be.
Cordy: 5 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis+Groo+Connor
Angel: 5; Buffy, Darla and The Transcending Furies
Wes; 3; Virginia, the bleached blonde and Lilah
Gunn; 1 Fred
Fred; 1 Gunn
Groo; 1Cordy

Kinky dinky:
Fred a bit bashful over shining the torch over the Shamen's body. CC refers to the belts and bells as an S&M bondage party, has she been to many? CC tells her breasts that she knew they'd get her in trouble one day. But in fairness they've done a great deal for her over the years.
Captain Subtext;
Know the face, different character; 4
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Buffy characters on Angel; 16
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony
Questions and observations;
Gwen has skipped town and I don't blame her. Kolchak the Nightstalker referred to (the inspiration for the X-files).
I'm afraid here we have the definitive end of Cangel. When Angel lost his soul in Suprise everything was going to hell and Buffy alone was all it took to give him the happy. In this it takes a number of factors, killing the Beast, bringing the sun back, Wes back in the fold, Connor losing his resentment AND sex with CC. What's more watch it with the subtitles on. As Angel, ahem, has his pleasure moment, he says 'Buffy'. Sorry CC he wasn't thinking of you. What exactly is Jasmine's plan? Why does she want to turn day into night?
Marks out of 10; 8/10
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread