Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2018, 03:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Dark Horse June 2018 Solicitations

https://www.newsarama.com/39159-dark...citations.html

DARK HORSE June 2018 Solicitations

By Newsarama Staff March 21, 2018

Joss Whedon! Christos Gage!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #1 (of 4)

Christos Gage (W), Joss Whedon (W), Georges Jeanty (P/Variant cover), Karl Story (I), Dan Jackson (C), Stephanie Hans (Cover), and Karl Moline (Ultra variant cover)

On sale June 20
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

It’s one year later, and the lives of Buffy and the Scoobies haven’t been too eventful for a while—at least as far as fighting demons and the forces of darkness are concerned. But that’s all about to change when Dawn and Xander’s housewarming party is interrupted by some familiar faces bringing news of familiar foes from the future. Can you say Harth . . . and Fray?

• The return of Fray!

• The Reckoning will be the culmination of all the Buffy seasons!

Old 03-23-2018, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-24-2018, 03:10 PM
Addicted Fan

New tweet from Christos Gage.May be Season 12 related but may not be.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Christosg...1547507712?p=v

Christos Gage
@Christosgage

I've written the end of a comic script before the beginning plenty of times, but I think I may actually write this entire issue backwards. (It's a function of knowing I probably have more things to fit in than I have room for, and the stuff that could be cut is front-loaded.)

9:31 AM - 24 Mar 2018
Old 03-28-2018, 05:26 AM
Addicted Fan

First Buffy Season 12 preview page.

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-buffy-...12-first-look/

EXCLUSIVE: Buffy: Season 12 #1 Preview Introduces the Slayer’s Offspring

An exclusive preview page for Buffy: Season 12 #1 reveals the slayer’s offspring and may herald a particularly dark storyline.

by Brandon Staley

An exclusive preview page for Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #1 places everyone’s favorite slayer in unfamiliar territory, but the scenario in question has nothing to do with vampires, witches or demons — the preview page casts Buffy as a mother. On top of that, she looks to be a mom with some very questionable childrearing habits.

Fans of the comic series that was spawned out of the original television show might be doing a doubletake right now. While the events of Buffy: Season 11 were world-altering in their scope, there was nothing in the season’s conclusion that hinted at the slayer settling down and starting a family. The reality of the situation might be a darker affair.

The synopsis for the upcoming comic book season hinted at alternate futures and a rewritten timeline for the Scooby Gang. It’s possible that the baby in Buffy’s arms isn’t from the comic’s current continuity, but rather a reality that could have been. Which timeline that might be is anyone’s guess right now, but there’s one big, glaring possibility.

Buffy: Season 12 will see the return of Joss Whedon, who will co-write the season alongside Christos Gage. The last time Whedon wrote for Buffy was in the comic’s ninth season — a season that included arguably one of the heaviest arcs in all of Buffy history. Buffy: Season 9 was the arc in which the vampire slayer decided to terminate an unwanted pregnancy.

If Buffy is, in fact, trapped in an alternate history, this would be a particularly cruel one to force upon her, as the Season 9 decision was not an easy one for the slayer to make. There are some pretty obvious holes that could be poked in this theory, though, chief among them being that Buffy was never actually pregnant, but rather a Buffybot who had been made to believe she was pregnant.

It’s completely possible that the child seen in this preview page has nothing to do with the Season 9 arc, but is actually a manifestation of another timeline. Or, it could be that the slayer decided to settle down in the quiet period between vampire adventures and the child is chronologically legitimate, has a father and is also not a robot, but no guarantees on that last one.

The first issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning will be able to pre-order from comic book shops this month.

The page and the write up I think are intentially misleading.The page specifically the last part of the page I think adds more weight that the baby isn't Buffy's but Xander's and Dawn's and this is Buffy being a dotting aunt who just got in a little trouble with mommy or daddy for wearing the scythe around the baby

Last edited by comic fan; 03-28-2018 at 05:42 AM
Old 04-13-2018, 12:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Covers and Solicitation for Buffy S12:The Reckoning # 2.

https://www.cbr.com/buffy-the-vampir...solicitations/

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #2 (of 4)

•Christos Gage (W), Joss Whedon (W), Georges Jeanty (P/Variant cover), Karl Story (I), Dan Jackson (C), Stephanie Hans (Cover), and Phil Noto (Ultra variant cover)
•On sale July

•FC, 32 pages • $3.99 • Miniseries

•With his ownership of Slayer memories, Harth has come from the future to destroy Buffy and all the Slayers, stealing their power for his own. At his side are demons and evil-kind, a massive army that Buffy and the Scoobies weren’t expecting. To even the playing field, the gang travels to the future to recruit Fray and learn of their dismal fate—should they fail in this battle against Harth . . .
•The return of Fray!
•The Reckoning will be the culmination of all the Buffy seasons!

Old 04-17-2018, 06:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Buffy Season 12 cover artist Stephanie Hans posted on twitter what I assume is a tease for another season 12 cover(probably issue 3 is my guess).

https://mobile.twitter.com/HansSteph...142976/photo/1

Stephanie Hans
@HansStephanie

Finally getting to draw my TV crush from back in the days seriously, who could have tell you could get paid to gawk at pictures of spike all day. . #buffy #darkhorse #wip @DarkHorseComics @jamesmarsters pic.twitter.com/8CCPoqyfFr

3:45 AM - 17 Apr 2018

Old 04-23-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Fan

New Christos Gage Buffy Season 12 Interview.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...born-For-Buffy

A Newborn For Buffy?

Apr 22, 2018

by Vince Brusio

The time for rest and relaxation is over, as Christos Gage hops on board to co-write with Joss Whedon Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #1 (APR180011) for Dark Horse Comics. In this PREVIEWSworld Exclusive interview, Gage explains that he and Whedon are about to write some impossible stuff. Earth-shattering apocalyptic stuff. It may just give the artists migraines. So grab some Tylenol, and read on, fiends!

Vince Brusio: Season 12 takes place a year after we last saw Buffy and the Scoobies battling a big bad. It sounds like they had the opportunity to take a break. What did that down time look like? Have they had a chance to reflect on what they do, and if it’s still worth doing?

Christos Gage: Things have progressed in their lives, in different ways for each character. Without an apocalypse or Big Bad attacking, they've had a chance to spend more time thinking about what they want their future to look like. Some of the changes are bigger than others...for instance, SOMEONE'S got a baby! We see Buffy holding it right on the cover. Is it hers? Dawn and Xander's? Willow's? Harmony and Clem's? Okay, probably not that last one.

Vince Brusio: In this first issue, we’re said to expect the return of Fray. What’s the special occasion? How is this indicative of where the story will take us in Season 12?

Christos Gage: We're finally dealing head-on with something referred to as ancient history in the future-set Fray comic Joss wrote a few years back, which leads to the end of Slayers for two hundred years. It's this huge battle against the massed forces of evil...and it will affect not only our time but Fray's future time period as well.

Vince Brusio: “The Reckoning” is being touted as “the culmination of all the Buffy seasons.” That is one tall order, to say the least. Can you give us a heads-up on how such a massive feat will be executed?

Christos Gage: Well, Joss and I got together and talked about what we wanted to accomplish, and there was general agreement that Fray's world has been set up like this almost "Days of Future Past"/Ragnarok type future that the Buffyverse was headed towards, springing out of a huge apocalyptic battle that led to all Slayers and most supernatural creatures being banished from Earth. So we figured that to NEVER show that or address it was kind of a cop-out. Plus something that huge was a great reason to get all the characters together. As to how it will be executed, we'll write impossible stuff, and Georges Jeanty and Karl Story and the rest of our amazing team will somehow make it real.

Vince Brusio: If you could geek out over a particular scene in issue #1, what would it be? Why does this scene strike you as special?

Christos Gage: Gotta go with Buffy and the baby. Whose baby is it? What does it mean to Buffy and her life? And everybody else's? You'll have to wait and see.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Covers for Buffy Season 12 # 3.

Season 12 Announced! - Page 17

Old 05-17-2018, 10:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Preview Pages for Giles # 4.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/300...-4#prettyPhoto

Buffy Season 11: Giles #4

Teen-aged Rupert Giles made his return to high school and in the process uncovered a demon underneath the school, and a very-attractive-yet-mysterious girl, Roux. As he prepares for the final showdown with the demon, Giles is troubled by revelations about Roux, and her extracurricular activities that arent the most savory. . .

Creators
Writer:Joss Whedon, Erika Alexander
Artist:Jon Lam
Coloristan Jackson
Cover Artist:Steve Morris

Genre: Horror, Fantasy, Action/Adventure

Publication Date:May 23, 2018Format:FC, 32 pages; MiniseriesPrice:$3.99UPC:7 61568 00240 9 00411

ETA

We got the covers yesterday for Buffy S12 # 3.

Now here's the solicitation.

https://www.newsarama.com/39985-earl...ark-horse.html

Joss Whedon! Christos Gage!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #3 (of 4)

Christos Gage (W), Joss Whedon (W), Georges Jeanty (P/Variant cover), Karl Story (I), Dan Jackson (C), Stephanie Hans (Cover), and Scott Fischer (Ultra variant cover)

On sale Aug 22
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

The battle against future vampire and Slayer twin, Harth, and his legion of evil, has already begun in the present when Buffy, Fray, and the Scoobies return from the future ready to fight. The Reckoning is now, and if the future can be changed, it will take everything that Buffy has to save the Slayers and our world.
• The Reckoning will be the culmination of all the Buffy Seasons!

Last edited by comic fan; 05-17-2018 at 02:46 PM
Old 05-23-2018, 02:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Tweet to Christos Gage from someone who hjas read part of Buffy Season 12 # 1.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Christosg...0635186176?p=v

Editor's Note Comics
@EdsNoteComics

@Christosgage I just read the first 13 pages of Buffy. Holy crap, it’s fantastic! Tons of big moments already, but it doesn’t feel rushed at all. Really enjoying the direction of the story, looking forward to the rest. Also, the baby reveal was perfect.

Christos Gage Christos Gage
@Christosgage
59m
Replying to @EdsNoteComics

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

View conversation ·

Old 05-24-2018, 05:59 AM
Addicted Fan

A followup to yesterday's issue 1 tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdsNoteCo...3588086784?p=v

HandlerLyon
@HandlerLyon

@EdsNoteComics Can you give us any clues about Buffy Season 12?? ������I am so looking forward to reading this comic

@EdsNoteComics Replying to @HandlerLyon

It expects you know Fray, both shows, and both comics. Great attention to detail in the art. And there’s a definitive answer about the comics timeline.

5:26 AM - 24 May 2018 from Maine, USA

ETA

Another Tweet from Editor's Note Comics about Buffy S12 # 1.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdsNoteCo...0403450882?p=v

HandlerLyon
@HandlerLyon Replying to @EdsNoteComics

Thank you so much for this, I know you can't give away much. Fans on Buffy Forums are waiting with baited breath . . . and are a bit nervous too, hoping our faves don't get staked.

Editor's Note Comics
@EdsNoteComics Replying to @HandlerLyon

It’s one of the strongest starts to a season so far. So hopefully it ends as well as it possibly can.

Last edited by comic fan; 05-24-2018 at 06:55 AM
Old 06-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Tweet from Christos Gage.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdsNoteCo...9090116608?p=v

Editor's Note Comics

@EdsNoteComics

@Christosgage possible spoiler question, but does Spike know Fred's alive?

@Christosgage

Replying to @EdsNoteComics

Yes, definitely by the time Season 12 starts.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Preview Pages for Buffy S12 The Reckoning# 1

https://www.cbr.com/preview-buffy-th...e-reckoning-1/.

EXCL.: The Future Looks Grim in Buffy Season 12: The Reckoning #1

Dark Horse Comics' Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #1, by Christos Gage, Joss Whedon and Georges Jeanty.

vThe culmination of every Buffy season to date begins to unfold in our preview of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #1.

Not only will readers see the return of Melaka Fray, but also her twin brother Harth, who retained her memories and those of every other slayer. Will their quest for power spell the end for the Scooby Gang?

Check out the issue’s solicitation text and CBR’s exclusive preview below:

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER SEASON 12: THE RECKONING #1

•CHRISTOS GAGE, JOSS WHEDON (W) • GEORGES JEANTY, KARL STORY (A)
•Cover by STEPHANIE HANS
•Variant Cover by GEORGES JEANTY
•Ultra Variant Cover by KARL MOLINE

•It’s one year later, and the lives of Buffy and the Scoobies haven’t been too eventful for a while–at least as far as fighting demons and the forces of darkness are concerned. But that’s all about to change when Dawn and Xander’s housewarming party is interrupted by some familiar faces bringing news of familiar foes from the future. Can you say Harth . . . and Fray?
•The return of Fray!
•The Reckoning will be the culmination of all the Buffy seasons!

•In Shops: June 20
•32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

We saw the last one with Buffy and the baby but the first three pages are new.They do a nice setup for this story of season 12 while being a nice recap for the relevant tease of Buffy's fate and the fate of the slayers from the Fray series while adding a little more info.Plus it sounds like Buffy's trip to the future in season 8 may of made this future now more wobbly as said here.Also I think this sets up the threat of Harth pretty good.

I do now seriously wonder if we are going to get a Kelvin tomeline deal here like the J.J. Abrams Star Trek films.

Last edited by comic fan; 06-05-2018 at 12:44 PM
Old 06-06-2018, 11:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Priceless brought this over to Buffyforums.

Season 12 Announced! - Page 23

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but a French site, Slayer Revival are saying (google translated )

At the level of history, this season 12 resumes after the end of the events of season 11 where it is stated that the gang spent a year in calm, far from the forces of evil. And yet, when Xander and Dawn are having a little homecoming party, familiar faces knock on the door, forcing Buffy and her friends to regain service. Faced with a horde of vampires, Wolfram & Hart and a future vampire called Harth, Buffy will find herself trapped in a temporal rift that could put an end to the Slayer line.

The 'trapped in a temporal rift' wasn't in the original CBR post. Sorry if I'm repeating old information, but I don't remember this.

The temporal rift part is new I believe.I don't remember that.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Another tweet from Editor's Note Comics about Buffy S12 # 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdsNoteCo...0789536769?p=v

Editor's Note Comics

The issue out this month gives her age. No, it doesn't work with pop culture stuff. But I'll just assume things in that universe happened quicker than in our own.

8:15 AM - 7 Jun 2018

Might just mean the whole leisurely way comic book time works.You see this all the time with DC and Marvel.For example,Buffy Season 8 started a year and half after "Chosen" but the comics reflected newer more recent pop culture.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread