Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Accidental double post.Please delete
comic fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:20 AM
Addicted Fan

The full Slayalive Q/A with Christos Gage for Buffy # 2.There spoilers for upcoming stuff.

Spoilers *COMPLETE* Buffy Season 10 #2 Q&A with Christos Gage
Old 04-24-2014, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the latest news.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Angel & Faith # 2.

Preview: Angel & Faith Season 10 #2 - Comic Book Resources

EXCL. PREVIEW: Wrong Roads Ahead in "Angel & Faith" #2

Angel finds himself lost in London's magic town in Dark Horse Comics' "Angel & Faith Season 10" #2 by Victor Gischler and Will Conrad.

As Faith awkwardly settles into her new job at Kennedy’s bodyguards-for-hire company, Angel is finding that he knows less than everyone about what is going on in London’s magic town. Trying to get to the bottom of a fiendish group of scheming pixies, Angel travels further down a really wrong road...

ETA

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52405

WC14: Jeanty On "Buffy," Wrapping Up "Serenity: Leaves on the Wind"

Georges Jeanty discussed working on "Buffy" and "Serenity," and his reaction to seeing his Bishop design used in "X-Men: Days of Future Past."

Molina, Editorial Assistant

For years, Jeanty was the "Buffy" artist

As artist Georges Jeanty spoke during his spotlight panel at WonderCon, he emitted a sense of passion and joy as he spoke about his career in comics.

While Jeanty has been published in a variety of comics from Marvel, DC and Wildstorm, he's best known for for his contributions to Dark Horse's Whedonverse. But before he dove into a discussion of his time on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and his current "Firefly" work, Jeanty spoke about something different -- the look Bishop sports in the upcoming "X-Men: Days of Future Past." With a huge smile on his face, the artist expressed how cool it was that the movie used his version of Bishop for the onscreen incarnation, a design he said was heavily influenced by rap artist Busta Rhymes and his long dreadlocks.

From there, Jeanty delved into his relationship with Joss Whedon, the comics he's worked on with him and how he's not afraid to speak his mind when it comes to the series' plots. Claiming that it was thanks to his "cojones" that he managed to secure the job illustrating "Buffy" in the first place, Jeanty said he didn't initially believe Whedon really wanted to hire him. It wasn't until an email from Whedon showed up in his inbox did he finally believe that the collaboration with the director was truly possible. "I think my little addition to 'Buffy' was that I was coming from it at a fresh point of view. I was really telling the guy after a while, well, do you think this is right? Do you think this should be the case? Joss was really cool about the character he created. He would say, 'Let me know why. Argue your point of view, and we'll see.' There were a couple times where he was like, 'Yeah, you're right.' I took him to task on quite a few things. Buffy sleeping with a woman -- I was the first to go, 'No, I don't get this.' The same goes for Giles being killed."

Jeanty spoke fondly about his collaboration and how his questions to Whedon would be ones the director would want to hear immediately, not farther down the road. "I was his first line of defense. If you explain it to me, then all of these other guys around here will be able to get with it."

Initially unfamiliar with the Whedonverse, Jeanty began exploring it after landing "Buffy," and he quickly developed an affinity for the series, expressing the joy it gives him to be able to contribute to its grand story. "'Buffy' is a part of my life that will stay with me forever. Sometimes when you need that little fix, there's definitely a 'Buffy' episode that's sort of your go-to episode; one that I can be associated with, and it'll make me feel good inside." Later, Jeanty confessed that his favorite season of "Buffy" is 6, even though a lot of fans argue that it's the worst out of the series.

Shortly after Jeanty's "Buffy" gig wrapped, he received another phone call from Whedon, this time asking if he would like to illustrate the "Serenity" comic with Joss' brother Zack on board as a writer. Jeanty happily accepted.

"Now is where we find out what happened after the film with the Alliance and with River being what she is," Jeanty said, explaining the set-up of "Serenity: Leaves on the Wind." "What that means with all of that, [is] Mal has the ship; Jayne is no longer with them, but the cute thing about that is, we're able to meet Jayne's mother. Obviously, Kaylee and Simon are together. They are like rabbits, those two. Of course Zoe's pregnant. Obviously, Wash is still there in spirit. Mal and Inara finally come together, but they're not really happy unless they can argue and have makeup sex. They don't stop arguing, but they understand at the end of the day to just meet in the middle and forget about that."

At one point, Jeanty commented on the kookiness of Jayne's mother and how the character's iconic hat comes into play in the comics. "I want to say it was Zack who put it in. There's a page where Jayne's mother is there, and she's knitting. She's actually knitting a sweater to the orange/yellow/red hat that he wears. As wild as that is to picture, there's going to be a whole outfit of that at some point. Of course, Jayne is a big momma's boy, so he's not going to say no to that outfit when it's done."

Though Jeanty was quick to praise the comic and its writer, there are no plans for additional "Serenity" comics in the near future. "'Serenity: Leaves on the Wind' is ending in June. Joss (Whedon) loves 'Buffy,' but I think he's more protective of 'Serenity.' This will probably be the only thing we get this year, for sure, of 'Serenity,' and hopefully somebody will want it to come back. I firmly believe that if Zack Whedon wasn't the writer of this book, I don't think it would have happened so quickly in this short amount of time. This will probably be the only 'Serenity' we'll get for at least a year or so. It's sad, but it's great we got something."

The highlight of the short but fun Q&A portion of the panel was his answer about what it was about the series that made him become such a rabid "Buffy" fan. "Have you ever watched the series? There you go. I've had this discussion, and I'm so passionate about this, just as passionate about how you guys are when you ask who Buffy should end up with. I am very passionate, and this goes beyond 'Buffy.' It's anything. It doesn't have to be a TV show. It could be any movie or music, anything that moves you, anything that provokes you, and in a lot of cases, anything that makes you cry.

"I find that people tend to possess that. You did something to me that is so personal, I now own you or you are mine. I claim you. Every 'Buffy' fan can cite certain scenes that they're so passionate about. I'm the same when [Buffy's mother] Joyce dies. If you had not cried in that episode, then you don't have emotions. I don't mean to be extreme, or I'll do you one better. The first time Oz leaves Willow, I am wrecked. Seriously. It's not even a TV show anymore. You have moved me to the point of where I can't think about it."

Last edited by comic fan; 04-25-2014 at 12:30 PM
Old 04-30-2014, 12:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Cover for first Angel & Faith Season 10 trade.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Angel-Faith-...ngel+and+faith
Old 04-30-2014, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Addicted Fan

First advanced review for tomorrow's Angel & Faith # 2.

Review: ANGEL & FAITH SEASON 10 #2 |Geekasms

Review: ANGEL & FAITH SEASON 10 #2

Faith, oh Faith, how I love thee. With Angel & Faith Season 10 #2, we get the joy of seeing Faith as a fish out of water. By signing up with Deepscan she trades stakes for bullets and leather for polyester. The panels where she is trying to acclimate to this new world are a joy. We also get a little more closure to the Faith/Giles situation and why he chose to stay with Buffy instead of Faith. It’s a decision that I think she is taking harder than she lets on.

Across the pond, Angel is still in Magic Town where his reunion with Nadira turns cryptic. He is investigating the dead body left in his apartment by the pixies and Nadira ends up just leaving him with more questions than answers. Eventually he gets his bacon in the fire and meets a potential new ally along the way.

Victor Gischler does a great job of weaving Angel’s and Faith’s storylines. I felt that Faith took over this issue with how awkward her situation is, as well as some foreshadowing and one heck of a great line to end the book. That’s not to say that Angel is boring, but this was Faith’s issue. I like seeing Angel being all detective like here and I’m curious as to when Gischler will reunite the two mains again.

Will Conrad turns in another solid issue on art. His Faith is gorgeous and the look on her face at the end of the book when she’s back in her element…wonderful. He also has some great monsters in this issue. Magic Town is full of freaks and he brings them to life.

Overall, it’s another solid issue in season 10. Especially if you prefer more Faith than Angel in your Angel & Faith.

ETA

Second advanced Angel & Faith # 2 review.

http://bigcomicpage.com/2014/05/06/r...-2-dark-horse/

Review – Angel And Faith Season 10 #2 (Dark Horse)

Big Comic Page

Publisher: Dark Horse
Writer: Victor Gischler
Artist: Will Conrad
Release Date: 7th May 2014

My last time reviewing Angel and Faith wasn’t quite so smooth a read [Christos Gage's volume 5]. It just didn’t seem to appeal to me and I felt the characters within didn’t quite correlate with what we would expect from the shows.

This time is much better. For starters, the art makes it much more easier to connect to the TV counterparts. It has a somewhat photo-realistic look but without that awkward ‘never quite looks right’ appearance you often see from artists using a photo reference. Conrad’s art certainly doesn’t show any strings.

Gischler’s writing as usual remains fairly solid. We see Angel chasing down leads in dank demon bars and Faith putting her skills to use as a paid bodyguard. These seem like the natural fit for both. I didn’t feel burdened by my lack of post Buffy season 8 comic book continuity.

Admittedly I kept trying to find the connective tissue between Angel and Faith which isn’t immediately obvious, it seems both are on different paths at this point – but it is only the second issue and I am confident it will tie together. At the moment it is just nice to see both doing their own things.

Definitely worth following the run based on this second issue.

Rating: 4/5.

ETA 2

Leyki's review for Angel & Faith # 2 is up.

http://leykimayri.wordpress.com/2014...he-sea-part-2/

Last edited by comic fan; 05-06-2014 at 04:45 PM
Old 05-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the info
Emily
Old 05-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Buffy # 3.This is the first issue Nicholas Brendon worked on with Christos Gage.

EXCL. PREVIEW: Drac's Back in Gage, Brendon & Isaacs' "Buffy: Season 10" #3!

Dracula returns in our exclusive preview of "Buffy: Season 10" #3, from Christos Gage, Rebekah Isaacs and guest co-writer Nicholas Brendon!

Actor Nicholas Brendon joins the creative team as his character Xander acquires help from his old friend—um, master—Dracula. The new vampires are still a mystery, and unquestionably similar to Drac . . . Meanwhile, Buffy and Willow track down one of those new vampires as a study specimen!

Old 05-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that!
Emily
Old 05-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Addicted Fan

I have my copy of Angel & Faith # 2,"Where The River Meets The Sea Part II"

As others have said and I said last issue as well,I'm not sure how long keeping Angel and Faith this separated in a Angel & Faith book can work.In the short term it's fine but I don't think it will work for more then a arc or two.Three at most.For now though,it's fine.

I was more into Faith's story this issue.I don't see her staying at Deepscan for long.It's too restrictive I think for Faith but I think much like Buffy last season,Faith is trying to find her way.So for now,it might be what she needs if to only help her learn what she wants.I'm sure this will lead back to London in someway and to working with Angel again.

The final parting with Giles was nice and I'm glad he explained why he is staying with Buffy.But I hope Giles and Faith interact again later in the season as well as I would love to see Giles drop by to see Angel as well.

On the Angel front.This is a great noir detective vibe going on and the darker toned art of Will Conrad works well for it this season.I'n not sure yet what to make of Nadira.Is she going to be a ally or enemy?On the surface,she seems to be an ally but is that really how it will play out.Angel mentions comparing her to Dru but she gives off a Jasmine vibe to me.Or she could be sort of a new Cordelia for Angel.She gives off that scent as well.

It looks like Angel might be getting a new cop ally in this Inspector Brandt.Nice to get backround on Corky before he was a pixie.Laughed at Angel's Corky and Porky line in regards to Corky's muscle Tommy.

Overall a good issue.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Review: Angel & Faith Season 10 #2 - Comic Book Resources

Angel & Faith Season 10 #2

by Greg McElhatton, Reviewer

"Angel & Faith Season 10" put Victor Gischler and Will Conrad in a slightly bad position for working on a book titled "Angel and Faith." The previous series concluded with the title characters going their separate ways, so now that the book is renewed, they need to find a way to reunite them without being a cop-out. So two issues in, it's nice to see that Gischler has resisted the urge to immediately re-form the band, with the title instead following their separate adventures.

I don't think Gischler thinks that his audience believes that Angel and Faith will be apart forever, so instead it feels like he's playing the game of making people wonder how rather than if they'll be reunited. It's a good tactic, playing up the difference in their two lives. Angel's now in the underbelly of London, hunting down unsavory types while Faith is on the up-and-up, working with a large corporation that has health insurance and keycards. With Angel, it's a familiar setting; with Faith, part of the entertainment is seeing her trying to adjust to these new surroundings.

Gischler is also doing a good job on following up on what Christos Gage set up in the previous series. It's a smooth transition into the new plotlines, and the faces who have shifted into the new series feel like logical continuations of what we saw before. All in all, the handoff from Gage to Gischler has gone fairly well.

Conrad's art in "Angel & Faith Season 10" is also pretty solid. While Rebekah Isaacs' ability to draw licensed characters was fairly uncanny, Conrad's doing a nice job here too. Characters don't feel stiff or posed, and Angel and Faith are both instantly recognizable. Conrad is given a lot of non-human characters to draw in "Angel and Faith Season 10" #2, and it's there that I think he really shines. From werewolves to lizard men, all of them are visually distinct and don't come across like a person in a suit. The action sequences are easy to follow, too; when Tommy punches Angel in the face, for example, the recoil comes across clearly enough that we don't need the "fwap" sound effect added in.

"Angel & Faith Season 10" #2 makes me feel like the series is on the right track. The previous volume was so much fun that it's a relief to find it still moving in a good direction. So far, so good.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that.
Emily
Old 05-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Dark Horse August 2014 Solicitations and covers.

"Star Wars" Concludes in Dark Horse August 2014 Solicitations - Comic Book Resources

New Players, New Rules, New Season! (across Angel & Buffy spread)

Angel & Faith Season 10 #5

Victor Gischler (W), Derlis Santacruz (P), Andy Owens (I), Michelle Madsen (C), Scott Fischer (Cover), and Chris Samnee and Jordie Bellaire (Variant cover)

On sale Aug 6
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Ongoing

Angel is plagued by nightmares and another menace for the streets of London: The new vampires, like the zompires before them, are leaving a trail of victims for the local police and Angel to pursue . . .

• Guest artist Derlis Santacruz, from the new Spike OGN!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #6

Christos Gage (W), Karl Moline (P), Andy Owens (I), Dan Jackson (C), Steve Morris (Cover), and Rebekah Isaacs (Variant cover)

On sale Aug 20
FC, 32 pages
$3.50
Ongoing

What should have been a simple exorcism turns into a disaster for Buffy and the Scoobies when, instead of horrors, a demon fights back with blissful childhood fantasies!

• Fray artist Karl Moline returns!
“Anyone who was on the fence about Season 10 should be convinced that it’s going to be one hell of a ride.”—Newsarama
“Dark Horse has brought their A-game talent to this comic, and it shows.”—Comic Book Resources

Old 05-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Addicted Fan

10 Most Bizarre Things In Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 8 & 9

10 Most Bizarre Things In Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 8 & 9
Reply   Post New Thread