Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2015, 12:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Buffy Season 10 July 2015 Solicitations.

"Barb Wire" Returns, & An "Aliens" Classic Resurfaces in Dark Horse's July 2015 Solicitations - Comic Book Resources

Angel & Faith Season 10 #16

Victor Gischler (W), Cliff Richards (A), Michelle Madsen (C), Scott Fischer (Cover), and Mike Norton (Variant cover)

On sale July 1
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing

While Angel is stateside, Faith is suddenly the go-to adviser for London’s Magic Town police detective. She enlists Fred to help scope out a situation, and the girls stumble onto some teenage vampires at Cuthbert Prep. Who better to delve further into the situation—from the inside—than a vampire slayer?

• An all-Faith, all-Fred vampire adventure!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #17

Christos Gage (W), Rebekah Isaacs (A/Variant cover), Dan Jackson (C), and Steve Morris (Cover)

On sale July 22
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing

Tensions are on the rise as the gang goes in search of an ancient enemy—Archaeus. Split into teams, Angel and Xander are able to connect over themes of betrayal and love lost, while Buffy pushes Spike to keep his insecurities in check. But they quickly discover there are much more dangerous things to battle as they close in on the demon lord.

• Angel and Buffy crossover event!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 Volume 3: Love Dares You TP

Christos Gage (W), Nicholas Brendon (W), Rebekah Isaacs (A), Megan Levens (A), Dan Jackson (C), and Steve Morris (Cover)
On sale Sept 9
FC, 136 pages
$18.99
TP, 7″ x 10″

The romantic scene for Buffy and friends amps up in unexpected ways. But personal lives are soon put aside to deal with demons, both real and intangible. Spike struggles with vivid dreams of murder, and Buffy journeys into his mind, discovering the terrifying new face of evil . . . Collects Buffy Season 10 #11–#15.

• Buffy star Nicholas Brendon cowrites Season 10!
• Special guest artist Megan Levens!
"The combination of pacing, appropriate dialogue and art, as well as real emotion/acting on the part of the imaginary players (especially poor Giles, who gets a double-dose of bad news this time around) make this feel like a solid hour-long episode in all the right ways." —Major Spoilers

You'll have to forgive me but my brain is still melting in pleasure over that amazing Star Wars The Force Awakens trailer that just hit(I've had it on repeat watching it over and over since the end of the panel a little while ago). that I just realized we're going to be getting something I've been wanting since the end of season 9,some Xander and Angel interaction.At the end of season 9,I actually was really interested in the idea of Xander going to Angel & Faith due to Xander's arc last season especially at the end so I'm really interested and looking forward to the fact it sounds like we'll get some Xander and Angel interaction in this arc.
comic fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:19 AM
Addicted Fan

New Christos Gage tweet.

https://twitter.com/Christosgage/sta...91522001203200

Christos Gage‏@Christosgage
People ask if they've seen the Big Bad of Buffy season 10 yet. Sometimes the Big Bad isn't a person or monster or demon.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Leyki has her review up for Buffy # 14.

https://leykimayri.wordpress.com/201...cated-part-01/
Old 04-23-2015, 05:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Ten #14 Recap | Fandomania

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Ten #14 Recap

April 22, 2015 at 2:00 pm
Kimberly Lynn Workman

Spike’s dark past may prove too much for his emerging relationship with Buffy. But when it’s a choice between him being tortured by killer nightmares and finding out who may be behind them, it’s no choice at all. Can Buffy and Spike make it last?

Note: This recap may contain spoilers!

So, the gang has come up with a plan to banish Spike’s dark dreams. They will send someone powerful through Spike’s mind on the astral plane in order to get more clues to the killer. Unfortunately, Willow and Giles are needed in the conscious world, so the mission falls to Buffy. Added to that, if she’s detected while trapped inside, she will die. Doesn’t that sound like a cheery prospect?

And aside from the fact she might perish, Spike is fearful of what she will see while inside his head. What if she sees the horrible things in his past and can’t handle them? Knowing that he did these heinous acts and seeing them live and in person are two different things. She may decide that she doesn’t want to be with him anymore, just when they are starting to be on the same page finally. But they can’t turn their backs on this potential lead of information, so it’s into Spike’s mental landscape they go!

Giles puts a sleep spell on Spike, then Willow does the same with Buffy. That’s when the Slayer gets an up-close glimpse of what makes Spike who he is. She begins to feel everything, and sees that Spike really loves her. I’m so glad that she’s realizing that this time it’s for real. No more dreamy-eyed infatuation with her, he legitimately loves her and has all the hopes and fears Buffy does when entering into this relationship. But along with the love, there is also the past. Buffy goes back to when Spike left town last year and sees that he slept with Harmony. While a bit put-off at first, she soon realizes that Spike sees Buffy in a loving light versus everyone else. She is in a whole other league.

Along with the ups and downs of love, there are also the kills. Buffy sees his nightmares and a trail of darkness tracing back to Spike’s past. She sees the pain he went through to get his soul, finally realizing how much he went through to prove himself. Buffy travels back to when he was evil, back to when he was turned, back to when Dru was turned, when Angel was turned, and finally back to the Master. The trail ends up with the first creator, Archaeus. His presence has been a part of all his descendents, which is why Spike has been having the nightmares. He is all-powerful, and it looked like he may have trapped Buffy in the dream-world, as Willow couldn’t wake her up, but they finally get both Spike and Buffy back to the waking world and she knows where to find Archaeus so they can put an end to these nightmares.

They head out to the Port of San Francisco to find Archaeus, and then he appears. That’s when things get tricky. Archaeus injures Buffy, trying to push Spike to attack her. While he is strong, the hold Archaeus has on him seems stronger. He cannot control himself and warns Buffy to run, before attacking her. That’s where we end the issue. Will Spike get control over himself again? Will Buffy forgive him for whatever he’s about to do? Please let their relationship survive!

Rating: 4 / 5 Stars

Buffy Season 10 Issue #14: Love Dares You Part Four Review

Buffy Season 10 Issue #14: Love Dares You Part Four Review

Posted by Kory Cerjak
April 22, 2015

Love is complicated.

Creative Staff:
Script: Christos Cage
Art: Rebekah Isaacs
Colors: Dan Jackson
Letters: Richard Starkings and Jimmy Betancourt

What They Say:
“Love Dares You Part Four”

Buffy and the gang struggle with their newfound responsibility—rewriting the rules of magic. Between that and trying to understand the regular ol’ rules of love, things are a little heated for our heroes. But this rock-solid group of friends are still enjoying adulthood in a thriving city (oh, er…except Giles), until a seriously bad, bad guy comes to roost in the most unexpected place.

Content: (please note that content portions of a review may contain spoilers):
Love is one of the weirdest, most beautiful, and totally unexplainable things in life ever. Possibly more than such pressing questions as what is morally good and morally evil and how do dogs really know they like each other. It’s something that’s only overcome by something as strong as…instinct. Instinct over instinct.

This storyline has been one of my favorites in a long time and, if I were to compare all Buffy storylines, this may very well be near the top. It’s the same kind of poignant that the Buffy of old has been. It’s delving into Buffy and Spike’s relationship like they used to with Willow and Tara. It’s a bit on the nose, but it strikes right at the heart and what anyone in a relationship needs to hear. Every relationship has trepidation and every relationship has hatred, annoyance, and a bunch of other negative adjectives attached to it. But the positive ones outweigh it. The love that you feel for that other person can tip the scales in the other direction like a bowling ball against a feather.

That’s what everything has been leading up to. This moment of realization and acceptance of everything good and everything bad that comes with a relationship. Because the one you love is the one that you would have every doubt about and be able to rebuke every single one.

Besides that there’s some cool lore I guess.

I mean, totally actually writing more now…As it turns out, the original demon that first put its essence into humans to make them a vampire still exists, because of course it does, still exists within the vampires it sired that they sired that they sired and so on…It goes back from Spike to Druscilla to Angel to Darla and all the way to Archaeus, which literally means “the old one.” He’s the big bad and the one that, inadvertently or not, is sending visions to Spike’s brain. Likely to lead the Slayer to him.

In Summary:
I just want to hug every character in Buffy and tell them it’s going to be alright. Especially Andrew and ESPECIALLY Buffy and Spike. The stuff they’re fighting is never really the monsters in every storyline, it’s themselves. It’s their relationships and internal conflicts that always drives Buffy. Truly, the monsters are just what happens in between arguments.

Content Grade: A
Art Grade: B+

Released By: Dark Horse
Release Date: April 22, 2015
MSRP: $3.50

Tweet from Gage about the issue.

https://twitter.com/Christosgage/sta...56691883421696

SlayAlive ‏@SlayAliveForum · 11h11 hours ago
@Christosgage Will we get an explanation for how that Maloker and Archaeus connection works in vampire-lore on #BtVS? Issue was aces, btw!

Christos Gage‏@Christosgage @SlayAliveForum Maloker sired the very first vampire. But clearly they mutated/evolved, i.e. Turok Han...so there's wiggle room.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Angel & Faith # 14.

Preview: Angel & Faith Season 10 #14 - Comic Book Resources

Preview: Angel & Faith Season 10 #14

Fred continues to struggle against the power of Illyria and reveals to Angel and Faith her great fear of losing control. Meanwhile, Koh deals with the reality that his quest for vengeance may be futile.

* Fred is alive—and wreaking havoc in Angel & Faith!

Old 04-25-2015, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice cover.
Thanks for the news.
Love that drawing from Spike and Angel with Buffy.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Addicted Fan

I got my copy of Buffy # 14,"Relationship Status:Complicated" Part I yesterday.

This past week has been pretty hellish for me so I will keep this pretty short.Didn't really care for the issue.There were little moments in the issue I like such as the Xander and Dawn Star Wars/head slap bit.

I think the stuff with Archaeus could be interesting but I know this is playing havoc with the mythology.Will see where this goes in the next issue and the following arc.

My feelings on the Buffy/Spike stuff are already known so this aspect of the season and issue I'm just not going to enjoy.I'm glad for the people who are right now but again,not my cup of tea.

The trip through Spike's mind was boring to me.The spuffy aspects aside,I was hoping to see more of Spike's backstory.Some newer stuff.

So those are my brief thoughts.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah Dawn and Xander are pretty cute together even if I´ve never read one of the comic books.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Buffy # 15.

Preview: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #15 - Comic Book Resources

EXCL. PREVIEW: Spike is Haunted by a Demon in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" #15

A demon shares a special bond with Spike, threatening his growing connection to the slayer in Christos Gage & Rebekah Isaacs' "Buffy: Season 10" #15.

Buffy and the gang come face to face with a terrifying new demon that shares a special bond with Spike, threatening his growing connection to the Slayer.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Megan Levens is returing to Buffy.

https://twitter.com/SadMeganGirls/st...94326894583808

SadMeganGirls
@soaringclaws Yup! I'm officially on for issues 20 and 23-25!

https://twitter.com/SadMeganGirls/st...69736803049472

Megan Levens ‏@SadMeganGirls · Apr 27
The Scoobies hanging in Haight Ashbury. #buffythevampireslayer #comicslove https://instagram.com/p/2AJQOSF4FT/
Old 05-02-2015, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

In which Season is Angel now? Season 6 is over right?
Old 05-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
In which Season is Angel now? Season 6 is over right?
Angel didn't have a season 6.He had a 17 issue maxiseries at IDW called Angel:After The Fall that was based on Joss's aborted season 6 plans.

Buffy season 8 then takes place after that.

In Buffy Season 8,there was one monthly(Buffy) that ran 40 issues and three One-Shots.Angel was in season 8.He was the big bad of the season,Twilight.

Buffy season 9 consisted of two monthly series,Buffy and Angel & Faith.Both series ran 25 issues each.Plus there were two 5 issue miniseries.A Spike mini and a Willow one.

We are now in season 10 whjich is again two monthly books,Buffy and Angel & Faith.They will run 30 issues each.Angel & Faith # 14 comes out tomorrow and Buffy # 15 comes out later in May.No miniseries are currently planned for season 10.

Victor Gischler will be doing a Slayalive Q/A for tomorrows Angel & Faith # 14.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:40 AM
Addicted Fan

The Slayalive Q/A with Victor Gischler has started.

Spoilers Q&A with Victor Gischler for Angel & Faith Season 10 #14

ETA

Megan Levens posted this from most likely Buffy # 20.

https://instagram.com/p/2SbtWnF4L8/

Last edited by comic fan; 05-06-2015 at 10:22 AM
Old 05-08-2015, 03:57 PM
Addicted Fan

I have my copy of Angel & Faith # 14.The conclusion of "United."

Overall I liked the issue.I'm sort of torn of the Fred/Illyria thing.This arc has really undone such a powerful part of season 5 of Angel by the resolution here.One the one hand,I can't lie and say it's not great to have Fred back but on the other hand,another dead character is back and one of the most powerful deaths of the verse has been undone IMO.I liked how the Fred/Illyria thing was handled in After The Fall because it didn't really bring Fred back.This runs over that.

So I'm really torn on this.As great as Fred is in this issue and as a character,I'm not sure it's worth it in the long run.We'll see how this plot continues.

I do hope word reaches Gunn and Spike.They deserve to know.I'm hoping Angel tells Spike when he crosses over in the next buffy arc.

I liked how the Koh plot was handled.Also love the Angel and Faith interaction.It truly feels liked they are 'United' again.

Also some nice teasing intrigued left with Nadira and Zane.

Looking forward to next issue trip to Irland.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Will Conrad posts Angel & Faith panel.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...88070651440070
Reply   Post New Thread