Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2004, 08:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey loves!

Go vote at EOnline's Watch With Kristin "Save One Show" poll. Although Angel's already been cancelled, she's including it on the list because she still thinks it has a chance. The results of the poll will be given to the network when it's done, so go forth and vote!
http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...0227_poll.html
Old 02-29-2004, 08:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

I had a whole thing about me just expressing my opinions, but screw it, it goes w/o saying...

I've been loving this season because Connor's gone & I never liked that character at all. I think this is the best season since his arrival which is why, to me, the cancellation is so disappointing.

Also, as much as I liked Cordy on the show (pre-season 3 dye job), the C/A thing was always weirdly incestuous to me so her absence put an end to that for the most part. I did however appreciate how her return in the 100th ep was handled.

Spike fan. Spangel fan. Nuff said. [img]smilies/buffy_spike.gif[/img] [img]smilies/angel_angel.gif[/img]

I also love the comedic aspects of the show & I don't think they detract from the darkness too much. I thought I'd hate this Illyria storyline, but I like the way it's turning out. Puppet-Angel was a nice bit of humor before the darkness ahead. I'm still not sure about the werewolf, numero cinco, or WWII eps, but they were enjoyable enough. I'm definitely buying this season when it's released on DVD.

I'm also a fan of them working at Wolfram & Hart because I think the whole "nobody trusts you" thing forces them to rely on each other rather than outside forces. Even though they're part of this gigantic corporation, they're more alone than they were before. Even when there is dissent amongst them, it's with different stakes, different rules than before & I enjoy that change. Season 1 was gritty, dark, but I don't think the changes hurt the show--it just grew & made each season nicely distinct. Whether you like it or not, this season is pretty distinct. It would have been a turning point if there were more seasons to turn to.

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited calcium_yeah ]
Old 02-29-2004, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by - e l r i -:
<STRONG>Hey loves!

Go vote at EOnline's Watch With Kristin "Save One Show" poll. Although Angel's already been cancelled, she's including it on the list because she still thinks it has a chance. The results of the poll will be given to the network when it's done, so go forth and vote!
http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...0227_poll.html</STRONG>
Thanks
Old 02-29-2004, 09:56 AM
Jay
Master Fan

hey guys, let's say that "Angel" is officially cancelled which it is, but there's time and a possibility that we can persuade the WB network president to give Angel another season or 2(most likely one more season). i have this theory..just bear with me.

-let's say Eliza's show, "Tru Calling" gets cancelled by FOX...which it might happen. u know how FOX are...they cancelled Dark Angel which was stupid 'cause the show had some potential and i was a Alec/Max fan..so season 3 would have been their season but no...FOX axed it. it's very hard to stay on FOX unless the show has really high ratings. the thing with FOX is, these days, they rely on reality shows...'cause let's face, without reality shows, FOX would be doomed. but a few tv series shows will stay on(i.e O.C) 'cause they have good ratings. back to Tru calling, from what i've heard, the ratings aren't that great..don't get me wrong, the show is good...but not good enough. if FOX axed TC, then ELiza will be avaible, unless no movie offers don't come in the way. U know that Eliza likes playing as "Faith" and has a good friendship with Joss and david...so it could be possible to come back for one more season if Joss contracts her.

-Alyson Hannigan. i don't think she would have a problem with coming back as "Willow" for one more season, especially since Wes(his real name, forgot?) has been wanting Joss to bring her over for a couple of episodes intitally this season..don't know if that happens. the thing i remembered that she signed to a tv comedy show for NBC...don' know if that' will happen for real? let's say that doesn't happen, ALyson will then be available.

so there;s a meeting, Joss and crew tries to persuade WB, by saying they are gonna bring Eliza and Alyson onto Angel, if they give one them one more season..which let's face, a very good reason and higher ratings to come, that is if they keep James(Spike) as well. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] come one..we need Spike too. then WB responds, that it is possible but they ask Joss to kill a few of his characters due to low budget(contract money)..so Joss decides to kill off Lorne and Gunn. no offence there..but Lorne doesn't do it for me..and Gunn...he's just a fighter like Angel/Spike,,why need another one? Angel/Spike are the toughest vampires out there.

which means u get the big 5 in total...
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Angel-souled leader vampire
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Spike-souled bad ass/humorus vampire
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Wes-braniac and possible love interest for Willow. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] see i'm thinking ahead..that;s what i want happen [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Willow-the tough bad ass/good ass wicca
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Faith-the tough talkin slayer

now that's what i call the best team enough to give Angel one more season and explode season 6 with the best ratings....and shove down WB's asses. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

there' s a lack of females, so WIllow and faith will do. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

but then again, i feel like Cordy so belongs with this show. so if Charisma feels like if she wants to come back to the show after much convincing from David and Joss, then i want her instead of Eliza(as Faith). So joss has to find a way to revive her character, and give the fans want they have wanted,(me too) and that is to finally have Cordy/Angel hook up romatically. enough with the bull****, the higher power, the curse(angel can wear a condom..oh wait it wouldn't work too..but then again, cordy knows how to handle angelus if that happens [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]...blah, blah....nothing should stand in their happiness.

so the final five(if i was in Joss' s shoes and persuade WB to give Angel one more season..believe me they won't regret)

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Angel-champion souled leader vampire
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Spike-champion souled humorus vampire
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Cordy-powers from higher plane
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Wes-mystical historian brainace
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Willow-poweful wicca

joss can come up with the baddest villians, 'cause let's face it, this is hell one of a team and they kick ass in every way. we need competition...

and few appearances of Sarah(as Buffy)..we need more Spuffy moments especially since they haven't seen eachother in a long awhile after's spike resurrection(yea i'm a spuffy fan) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] i want spuffy makeout sessions too...if that's not too much to ask. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] hot three couples that make up Angel..fits perfectly

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Angel/Cordy
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Spike/Buffy
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Wes/Willow

plus it wouldn't hurt to have more spangel scenes next season(if there is one)..'cause they are awesome. if cordy and buffy aren't enough for them, u know they have eachother as least. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

ok that''s enough of my talkin..what do u guys think of my theory(ies)? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] i'm serious..it could happen if only Joss and Wb had my mind. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited Jay_10 ]

Old 02-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Jay_10 great thinking

but seei wouldnt want lorn and gunn tol eave cuz u no the hsow is called angel. not buffy and then u would just have the buffy cast all over again
i just think that the Wb should giev us one more season to wrap everyhting up

Bhery
Old 02-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Jay
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bheryandcherry:
<STRONG>Jay_10 great thinking

but seei wouldnt want lorn and gunn tol eave cuz u no the hsow is called angel. not buffy and then u would just have the buffy cast all over again
i just think that the Wb should giev us one more season to wrap everyhting up

Bhery</STRONG>
ok keep gunn but not lorne. if u had to choose between them, who would it be?

ok maybe a team of 6 will do, with ?

all i know is that i want cordy and willow back and be part of the team.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 02-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Looks like even WB Affiliates are against The WB's decision to cancel the show.

This is from slayerverse.de

Dissention in The WB Family?

The Web sites of the biggest WB affiliates in the US have posted a call to action for fans of ANGEL. Could this be an indication of dissention in the ranks at The WB family?

19 stations, covering the most populated US urban areas, have all posted the same weekly Web site news package urging local viewers of ANGEL to rally in force and "Log on and do what you can." The posting provides a list of the three "Save ANGEL" Web links and notes, "Never say die folks."

These weekly "Angel Bits" packages are produced in-house for affiliate stations' sites by Tribune Interactive, an arm of the Tribune Company of Chicago, one of the US's largest and oldest broadcasters. The company is an outgrowth of the Chicago Tribune newspaper founded in 1847, whose renowned slogan "World's Greatest Newspaper" also appears in the "WGN" call-letters of its radio and television holdings.

What might surprise ANGEL viewers is that the Tribune Broadcasting Company holds a 22% stake in the WB Network. That makes it second largest shareholder, behind Time Warner's 66% share and ahead of the 11% held by WB network executives. Of the Tribune's 26 TV stations, 19 are WB affiliates. Its big urban WB holdings include KTLA, WLVI-Boston, KDAF-Dallas, WPIX-New York and the core of its media empire, "World's Greatest Network" WGN-Chicago.

----
maybe thats some hope [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Aww, this article makes me happy.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Magical*~:
<STRONG>Aww, this article makes me happy.</STRONG>
me 2! ahh hhaa aybe they will fire levin

Bhery
Old 02-29-2004, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that article [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] The wb has made a huge mistake by canceling angel so soon... it still has a few more years for it to go before cancellation in my opinion. I dont blame the other Affiliates being against the wb's decision to cancel it. If they do I know that I and other Angel fans will boycott the warner brothers network from future shows. So lets hope the WB changes there minds and renews it for even if its just one more year [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 02-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy_D+J_Fan:
<STRONG>WB company needs New Bosses :\</STRONG>
Amen to that!

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 02-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Loyal Fan

I've updated the "Saving Angel" thread with the new targets for the post card campaign and information on the current status of the ad campaigns. I will have more information when the ads come out some time in March.

In light of the information about WB affiliates and their support of fans, I've also supplied a link on that thread on whee to find your local affiliate website and hopefully send some positive e-mail or feedback.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Karbear3916:
<STRONG>Thanks for posting that article [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] The wb has made a huge mistake by canceling angel so soon... it still has a few more years for it to go before cancellation in my opinion. I dont blame the other Affiliates being against the wb's decision to cancel it. If they do I know that I and other Angel fans will boycott the warner brothers network from future shows. So lets hope the WB changes there minds and renews it for even if its just one more year [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I'd boycott it too. Looks like Levin might be down the creek without a paddle.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Old 03-01-2004, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

I wish I lived in the US so the WB could feel the full force of my wrath at their decision to end our beloved Jossverse. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 03-01-2004, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Thanks for the news Denis

Well done the WB affiliates [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 03-01-2004: Message edited wes&fred ]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread