Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2004, 04:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaime Bee:
<STRONG>
What made you a Spuffy shipper?
</STRONG>
Mostly agree with Kate. I liked Spike the first time I saw him, I mean, there were no male hotties except Xander ( bleehhh). James&Sarah had such a great chemistry, really explosive at first but later it was obvious it can also be romantic and sweet. Yeah, they pretty much hated each other at the begining, and fought a lot, but their feelings were actually growing deeper and more complex. In season 6 Buffy was a little screwed up (coming back from the dead and stuff) so she couldn't admit to Spike (nor herself) what she really felt. I better stop now. Oh and agree about Smashed sex scene--that really was one of the hottest sex scenes EVER, and it was pure and emotional but wild in the same time. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 05:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree with those of you about FFL. That definitely has my favorite Spuffy moments - well that and Intervention and Touched. I still love that first kiss in Intervention - so sweet and surprising.

I'm mostly popping over to say that I posted some nice B/S "chemistry" moments that could have been from OoMM over on the OoMM discussion thread (near the bottom of the first page). Many of you may have already seen these, but I think that they are worth a second look if you have seen them and definitely worth a first look if you haven't. Enjoy.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:21 AM
New Fan

Attention all Spuffies!
Please write to Buffy Magazine requesting respect for Buffy/Spike's romance. The magazine is promoting Bangel at the expense of Spuffy. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] But, if we all complain, then they may change their tune.
Here's the e-mail address: [img]smilies/star.gif[/img] buffymail@titanemail.com [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

This was my e-mail (yours does NOT have to be this long):
--------------------------------------------------
Dear Buffy magazine,

First of all, I would like to express how much I enjoy your magazine! Its coverage of my favourite show is excellent for the most part. However, I am disappointed with one thing. I feel it disregards Buffy/Spike fans.

In the past year, the focus has been solely on the couple of Buffy/Angel. You refer to Angel as the love of Buffy's life. Personally I think he was merely the love of her teenage years. She once declared (rough quote) "I loved Angel... I would have given anything to be with him." However, feelings change over time. Buffy doesn't see Angel that way any longer. She had to give up NOTHING to be with Angel when he offered in Chosen. Yet she chose to turn him away with what even Angel recognized as a polite brush-off.

Your articles on the final episodes of the show indicate that Buffy/Angel's reunion in the last two episodes was a reaffirmation of their romance. Myself, I just don't see how a kiss which Buffy immediately forgot could reaffirm her love for Angel. She went straight home to Spike in order to spend possibly her last nights on earth with him, NOT with the supposed love of her life. She didn't spare even 15 minutes for Angel, even though she was facing the biggest apocalypse ever and might not survive to see Angel again.

She just let him go, without even a simple "I love you" to dispel his jealousy. She could only tell Angel that IF she and him were to get back together, it would be a long time from now. Hardly, a reaffirmation of love.

Thus, I find your magazine's portrayal of Buffy/Angel as the couple of the finale very odd. After the kiss, the meeting went straight downhill and concluded on a very unromantic note.

Spike was the man whom Buffy told she loved. They were the couple whom Joss Whedon gave the powerful romantic symbol of their clasped hands bursting into flame (Whedon also used clasped hands in Willow/Tara's relationship as a romantic symbol).

Buffy/Angel are not star-crossed lovers. Nothing forced them apart except Buffy's lack of desire to be with him. Angel is not the love of her life. He is a high school boyfriend whom she grew out of.

The point of this letter is to ask your magazine, which I absolutely adore, to please stop ignoring the couple of Buffy/Spike. They were the couple the series ended with and they have many fans. Buffy/Angel's romance is over. Angel has fallen in love with Cordelia (as shown in the 100th episode of Angel) and Buffy is in love with Spike.

Please respect Buffy/Spike's love story. I can't be the only fan whose enjoyment in reading your magazine is soured by the emphasis on Buffy/Angel. I have even considered discontinuing to buy the magazine. However, I am reluctant because I am hopeful that my concern will be addressed. Thank you for your time!
--------------------------------------------------

Everyone please send the magazine a short complaint! You don't have to write a whole essay. Just tell them that:
1)B/A are over
2)Spuffy belong together
3)please respect B/S's love story.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:05 AM
Master Fan

Hey guys don't go to the avatars thread!!! Please?
Old 02-10-2004, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I mainly adore Spuffy simply because their love (yes, it IS love Bangels!) is so much more realistic and mature than B/A.

The B/A relationship portrays love to be all sweet and beautiful, full of chocolates and flowers and happily ever after. That isn’t what it’s like at all. In the real world, love IS that sometimes, but it also involves pain, upset and sometimes heartbreak, and that the Spuffy relationship portrays that wonderfully. It’s so much more true to life and believable. It shows a relationship between two grown ups that doesn’t always go smoothly and is a much better portrayal of real of love.

Plus, the chemistry between James and Sarah is electrifying and im hooked in every time I watch them together.

PS: hanks for the e-mail address, I’ll check it out ASAP!
Old 02-10-2004, 06:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love Spuffy for all the reasons mentioned so I won't rehash that part.

I think it boils down to the fact that some people like a more melodramatic type of romantic storyline while others, like me, enjoy the fire that comes with a love story like S/B.

When I think of B/A I see them walking in the graveyard, hold hands and gazing, lovingly at one another. When he has to be away for a few months on a slow boat to where ever, they have a long, teary goodby and him giving her a romantic present. This kind of gushing makes me want to heave even though it floats a lot of boats. I like my tea with a little spice.

Buffy and Spike reek of conflict, passion and sexuality. They are each others mirror when it comes to verbal banter. They are different but the same in so many ways that it makes them intresting.

I could have seen the writers make them a true couple and it would have worked. Angel and Buffy were so "sweet" together that something had to give.
Anna
Old 02-10-2004, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Guys, I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] and ship them. Love the sexual chemistry between them since Spike appeared on the show. We just got season 7 *sigh* although I got the entire season from my friend. I did a s7 marathon last weekend and watched until Lies My Parents Told Me until 4 am. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Devoted - Word. Everything you said is true.

I love the part when Buffy said she'll help him. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] And when she had to defend him from Giles and Principal Wood. I want to kill Wood myself.

Scythe - Can I be added to the list? Although I cant post as much here I think because of work. Thanks. Love the title, btw.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by rebelle:
<STRONG>Hey guys don't go to the avatars thread!!! Please?</STRONG>
Lol. I like them. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].
Old 02-10-2004, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey Guys!

Thanks for answering my question! lol I really miss posting art. All the reason's all of you gave were so true.

OT a little lol
I do love some sweet romance's; honestly I think it depends on the acting, chemistry and story. One of my all time fave couples is Liz and Lucky from General Hospital. They had the sweet first love but the way it was written it wasn't about all hearts and flowers. She had a crush on him but he was oblivious; Poor Liz was raped and he found her. Took care of her and they slowly fell in love. It was the type of first love that I could actually see lasting forever!

Cati I sent an email yesterday! I basically said alot of the same things but I also talked about my love for C/A.

Hi abby-anne Welcome to the thread. Great AV!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I'll take my little cardboard Buffy and Spike with me to New York [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Scythe:
<STRONG>I think I'll take my little cardboard Buffy and Spike with me to New York [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I have to have a little Spike pic in my wallet so I don't get lonely [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
K8x

EYE-BF!

I don't suffer from insanity . I enjoy every minute of it.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by etaknosnhoj:
<STRONG>

I have to have a little Spike pic in my wallet so I don't get lonely [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
K8x</STRONG>
I have one of those (it's half naked James) too and one time it got stuck to the back of my bus-pass and I handed it to the bus driver...Luckily he didn't notice [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Heeey Guys [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] to you all.how are you doing ?? i am doing good busy with school blehh.Jencould you ad

Silver_Sparkle,Night Nymph,abby-anne and all welcome to this thread .abbyi love your avi [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] its so cool from OMWF and I love the title good job jen [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].what copy only can do [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] here some FA

Old 02-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Added [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero