Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just read this on tumblr....

Quote:
Do all you Jack/Renee shippers see this POV?
Jack & Renee slept together after knowing each other for about 2 days. 2 DAYS. Yes, I said DAYS. Because apparently people forget that 24 is not like any other show and that things take place during real time. Between seasons 7 & 8 they had no contact because Renee wouldn’t return his calls, so really their relationship was nothing and they were not made for each other and I’m now infuriated.

Relationships on 24 done right:

Tony & Michelle 1000000%

I will now just focus no how awesome & epic Tony & Michelle are. Their story is beautiful and I don’t see how you can genuinely think any other couple on the show is better. I’m okay with Audrey/Jack because their development was good too but they certainly aren’t T/M.

source: mrs-pessimis tumblr
That's why I couldn't get Jack/Renee much...because they did only know each other two days so that's why I didn't believe Jack would go or bad because of Renee, it had to be because of everything that happened and Renee death just pushed him over the edge....yes I do believe that you can fall for someone in a day but I don't see where Jack/Renee were in love in S7. lol I think their last scene is where you can see they would fall for each other but after that they had absolutely no contact until Season 8....
Although who knows, maybe they were made for each other and Renee's death came to soon...

I know Tim might not like that T/M part though...but it is true.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Jack & Renee slept together after knowing each other for about 2 days. 2 DAYS. Yes, I said DAYS
Yes exactly, that's why I could never ship either Jack/Renee OR Jack/Kate (who had met the very day season 2 happened and I felt like all scene were yelling SHIP THEM SHIP THEM SHIP THEM at me). And not only that, I shipped Renee/Larry AND most of all I'll always ship Jack/Audrey, the only ship (after Jack/Teri, obviously) that seemed real to me. I'm talking about the Jack/Somebody couples only, of course, there were other pairings between other characters that I liked too.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

We know Renne hadn't returned Jacks calls but is it possible they saw each other at any point during S7 and S8? Maybe something happened to make Renee stop answering?
Old 01-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
We know Renne hadn't returned Jacks calls but is it possible they saw each other at any point during S7 and S8? Maybe something happened to make Renee stop answering?
It seems like their reunion in S8 pretty much clarified that they didn't see each other at all since S8....if they did, I'd love a flashback scene or something to keep me up to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Tomato (View Post)
Yes exactly, that's why I could never ship either Jack/Renee OR Jack/Kate (who had met the very day season 2 happened and I felt like all scene were yelling SHIP THEM SHIP THEM SHIP THEM at me). And not only that, I shipped Renee/Larry AND most of all I'll always ship Jack/Audrey, the only ship (after Jack/Teri, obviously) that seemed real to me. I'm talking about the Jack/Somebody couples only, of course, there were other pairings between other characters that I liked too.

I definitely agree with your post. ...it does seem like everyone forgot that they really only did see each other for two days....it just doesn't make much of sense to me. If probably they were seeing each other of and on after Season 7, their Season 7 relationship would seem more real to me. So I could only support them as friends.

For me the most realistic written 24 pairings will go like this:
Jack/Teri
Tony/Michelle
Jack/Audrey

Everyone else comes next. Because Jack/Teri had a long relationship even before S1. They were husband and wife and even though we saw them deal with their problems in S1. They still did love each other and would've worked it out, whether you shipped them or not.

Tony&Michelle, we saw their relationship through the good and bad times. They seem to have gotten close a bit before S2 even first aired so I'm assuming whenever Michelle joined S2, T/M became close and then after S2 they got together and they were married after that, it just all made sense.

Jack/Audrey, got together before Season 4 and we just saw how their relationship went on. So it was written good.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think I only shipped Jack and Renee actually because in Jack's other relationships, I really saw no reason why Jack fell in love with the other women: The writers took the lazy way out with Teri and Audrey by only "telling" they were in a relationship for a few years/months and parachuted the characters into the story and forced them to the audience right away especially Audrey in S4. I tuned into the S4 premiere, my first reaction was like "Who the hell is this woman, and why is Jack so into her?". It did not help when the writers made a pretty convincing case with Jack and Audrey breakdown during S4 that they were not right for each other at all so much so S5 reunion felt easy, cheap and convenient.

At least I saw why Jack might have an initial attraction with Renee: a beautiful fellow agent who had gone through the same tribulations he had and got broken by it. As for the shortness of the relationships, Mrs Pessimist apparently is not aware that many 24 viewers are well aware of the shortcomings of the real time format and don't let that affect their enjoyment of the series. Jack/Renee shippers are probably invested into the connection of two damaged people so there is no point of shouting at us "BUT IT WAS ONLY TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!". Yes, it was just two days, that is why we wanted more anyway!

I did not care for Tony and Michelle relationship, they connected them way too early, so there was never any yearning to ship them in the first place, it became too sappy for my taste (personally I don't like the characters acting all romantic during a national crisis when millions of lives are at stake) and I had seen such overglorified office romances million times already.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

interesting observation . Think of it not sure if you are man or woman but if perhaps you and somebody you worked with and liked a lot , possibly be near the end of world or major bomb going off one might tend to make a move and tell that person how they feel .

T/M was due to both being in charge of CTU and the other being in Jeopardy .

I love Jack and Audrey
Tony and Michelle
and Jack and Renee

Even though they really only had end of S 7 she showing she has feelings and 17 episodes of S-8 to consummate there feelings .

Yes Jack and Audrey as well as Tony and Michelle two strongest relationship romantically on 24

personally non romantic Chloe and Jack perfect pair loved each other and cared for each other . She loved him in her own way not romantically

Jack and Kim father daughter relationship .

Tony and Jack Bros till the end . I always felt if it was any other person in S-7 at the end , with a gun refusing to give up would have been killed . Just couldn't see Jack killing Tony no matter what he did to him

Last edited by Logan; 01-08-2012 at 03:14 PM
Old 01-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulker1980 (View Post)
I did not care for Tony and Michelle relationship, they connected them way too early, so there was never any yearning to ship them in the first place, it became too sappy for my taste (personally I don't like the characters acting all romantic during a national crisis when millions of lives are at stake) and I had seen such overglorified office romances million times already.
If Tony/Michelle were way too quickly for you then Jack/Renee is on the top of that list on 24. The difference with Tony and Michelle, they connected before S2 even started, even though we didn't see it on screen. Throughout S2, it just continued from that. Season 3 is set 3 YEARS later, so it makes sense for Tony/Michelle to be even more connected and even married cause it was three years that passed so it's no way you can say they were developed too quickly....even if you are not a shipper. T/M and Jack/Teri were the most realistic developed pairings on the show. Jack/Audrey are next.

Tony&Michelle loved each other and knew at times they might not make it so to be upset that they are acting romantic during a national crisis is a little unfair...also if you remember Season 3, they day started off with angst but Michelle still went out on the field and did what she had to do. Later the season, they made up and it was a scare that Michelle was affected by the virus so of course Tony is going to be hurt and concerned and of course they'll want to spend their 'might be last days' in a happy way.

That's like saying 'I don't like Jack and Renee sleeping together when it's a crisis going on' ....you can have happiness once in awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)

Even though they really only had end of S 7 she showing she has feelings and 17 episodes of S-8 to consummate there feelings .

Yes Jack and Audrey as well as Tony and Michel too strongest relationship romantically on 24

personally non romantic Chloe and Jack perfect pair loved each other and cared for each other . She loved him in her own way not romantically

Jack and Kim father daughter relationship .

Tony and Jack Bros till the end . I always felt if it was any other person in S-7 at the end , with a gun refusing to give up would have been killed . Just couldn't see Jack killing Tony no matter what he did to him
I can agree with all of that...although I'll add David/Jack...their friendship was powerful since the very beginning.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Indeed of even David and Mike always had a strong relationship . David and Aaron too .

Chloe and Edgar even more so then Chloe and husband morris
Old 01-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

David and Mike, 20 years before Mike went ahead with his betrayal....

I think none that you mentioned were stronger then the ones mentioned before though.:ll:
Old 01-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Topic is romantic pairings, I used non romantic relationships . I think Jack loved and cared for Audrey more then Chloe or Renee . He loved Terri very very much , but we never got a long look at there relationship .

tony loved Michelle . How did that stand up to his relationship and friendship with Jack , I'd give his wife lover the edge
Old 01-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)
If Tony/Michelle were way too quickly for you then Jack/Renee is on the top of that list on 24. The difference with Tony and Michelle, they connected before S2 even started, even though we didn't see it on screen. Throughout S2, it just continued from that. Season 3 is set 3 YEARS later, so it makes sense for Tony/Michelle to be even more connected and even married cause it was three years that passed so it's no way you can say they were developed too quickly....even if you are not a shipper. T/M and Jack/Teri were the most realistic developed pairings on the show. Jack/Audrey are next.
What I meant with early was they hooked them in their first season together. There was never any yearning of when these two would hook up together. We have to wait for one and a half seasons for Jack and Renee.

Quote:
Tony&Michelle loved each other and knew at times they might not make it so to be upset that they are acting romantic during a national crisis is a little unfair...also if you remember Season 3, they day started off with angst but Michelle still went out on the field and did what she had to do. Later the season, they made up and it was a scare that Michelle was affected by the virus so of course Tony is going to be hurt and concerned and of course they'll want to spend their 'might be last days' in a happy way.

That's like saying 'I don't like Jack and Renee sleeping together when it's a crisis going on' ....you can have happiness once in awhile.
There wasn't any national crisis when they slept, the mission was over for them at that moment.
And no, I expect the government agents to do their jobs and leave their personal business later, I don't care how much they love each other, they are soulmates, or whatever.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

But it the way the show was . Only it was a 24 hr period to show . so each episode in was a 1 hr day . so the only romances in the show, could happen in the field or in CTU.

Season 1 Jack was married had a house wife and kid that was as normal as we saw any of there lives . We saw Tony in his place in Season 4 . Even in DVD extra saw some CTU agents coming to Jacks Apartment .

so only way to have a romance cant be on a date in house on vacation, no has to be at work .
Old 01-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
What I meant with early was they hooked them in their first season together. There was never any yearning of when these two would hook up together. We have to wait for one and a half seasons for Jack and Renee.

There wasn't any national crisis when they slept, the mission was over for them at that moment.
And no, I expect the government agents to do their jobs and leave their personal business later, I don't care how much they love each other, they are soulmates, or whatever.
It was yearning between them before S2 started. They only kissed, I don't even think they got together officially until after Season 2.

It's just no possible way you can say that T/M just got together without any yearning in S2, from the very beginning you saw they were into each other. You start to see it even more in episode 2x04...it was always something there and Day 2 they acted out those feelings and three years later [Season 3] they were married, I see absolutely nothing unrealistic about that...

With Jack and Renee it was only TWO days, it was no yearning there....the only thing we knew is that they fell for each other in one day...and the most time you really see the romance even start is in 7x24...and some tiny signs earlier in Season 7 it was like the teacher/student relationship but I enjoyed Jack/Renee so it's no reason for me to bash them...I just didn't understand the relationship much but I enjoyed them as partner's.

So I guess you must have forgotten Season 4 when Michelle put her job before her love for Tony?...so yeah their relationship is important but at times they did worry about their job and did what they had to do. Season 2 showed that as well.
Season 3 even showed that although Tony chose Michelle over the world at the end.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Plus with Jack/Renne, though we may have seen it develop and for you to want to ship them, the fact is they knew each other for two days, whereas Tony/Michelle knew each other for several months before S2.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
At least I saw why Jack might have an initial attraction with Renee: a beautiful fellow agent who had gone through the same tribulations he had and got broken by it. As for the shortness of the relationships, Mrs Pessimist apparently is not aware that many 24 viewers are well aware of the shortcomings of the real time format and don't let that affect their enjoyment of the series. Jack/Renee shippers are probably invested into the connection of two damaged people so there is no point of shouting at us "BUT IT WAS ONLY TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!". Yes, it was just two days, that is why we wanted more anyway!
Totally agreed the above.
The things is, in a lot of stories people often fall for each other in relative short period of time. For instance, in "Rain Fall" by Barry Eisler, the titular character John Rain actually fell for his target's daughter within the span of TWO CONSECUTIVE DAYS (or three I can't remember and yes, they did have sex in the end).

Plus, who's to say that Jack and Audrey didn't fall for each other within the period of TWO DAYS?