Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry Ju , i know how you feel. As I lost Renee in Season 8. Audrey death was sad and gave us a great Jack emotional moment .
Old 07-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

The more I think abut it, the more I don't get why Audrey had to die. Yeah, it provided some great emotional scenes but what were the consequences? Kate seemingly quit her job. But to be honest, I really don't care, I don't mean that to sound so harsh but I hadn't become emotionally involved with her character.

So other than Kate's decision, what was the point? Heller didn't take a handful of pills, Jack didn't do something reckless and/or Chloe didn't continue to blame herself and set into action something else, in an effort to continue to right the wrongs she thought she'd caused.

I may have mentioned this before, but at first I thought the shortened number of episodes was a good thing, but now I'm wishing there had been a few more. For one thing, at least for me I probably could have connected with Kate more. I think the main reason why I liked her scenes tonight was because we'd seen her spend time with Jack, be witness to his conversation with Audrey and the "SHUT UP!!! with Mark (which I loved btw). So when she loses Audrey, she completely understands the ramifications of that not only on a professional level but a personal one as well. And I thought Yvonne played it all beautifully.

For most of the season, I was having a hard time caring for Kate because I was being told things about her and we couldn't really see all that much or connect her to anyone else. Tonight and the episode where she finds out the truth about Navarro were her best.

If 24 came back and she was the main character I'd give it a shot, as we'd have the time and space to really get to know her.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

So Jack is on his way to Russia? Not the place I'd pick for a holiday. But it could be worse. At least he's not going back to China.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
So Jack is on his way to Russia? Not the place I'd pick for a holiday. But it could be worse. At least he's not going back to China.
shouldn't they love him for killing bierko?

not his fault the Russians killed his girlfriend.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The more I think abut it, the more I don't get why Audrey had to die.
Same, that is exactly what's made me SO mad about it. I'm more mad than I'm sad, because it was SO ****ing pointless, like...you know, she died the same way Teri did, didn't she, wasn't it even the same spot, the gunshot wound?? It was like the same ****ing nightmare happening all over again only this time Jack wasn't there to see it, and WHAT THE HELL FOR?????

Heller's speech that he wouldn't remember any of that broke my heart to pieces, I was almost crying. My grandmother has had Alzheimer's for years now, and sometimes she'll ask about people who've already died. So, as he started to say that I started to imagine that happening. So ****ing depressing
Old 07-14-2014, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If Heller had died would have been sad but Audrey would have no father or husband.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't understand why someone ALWAYS HAS to die. It would've actually been a plot twist to me if everybody had lived this time.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Elite Fan

I guess Cheng is no longer head of the operation.

That was certainly a long time coming for Jack. I hope he enjoyed it.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I guess Cheng is no longer head of the operation.

That was certainly a long time coming for Jack. I hope he enjoyed it.
would I be a party pooper to point out if he had just killed him on the oil platform in season 6 Audrey would still be alive?
Old 07-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

To be fair he was busy trying to save Josh from Phillip.

Still can't get over that season. Making Jack's family the bad guys. Jump the shark.

Season 7 was a great improvement.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

audrey dying was so pointless. i literally felt nothing when she died too. the only thing i thought was: so, the writers can have a tactical team take out a sniper in a dark room from 5+ stories high, but miss the idiot with an automatic on the sidewalk? lol. in fact, tate donovan was the only believable character reacting to audrey's death imo. i felt a sort of ping when i saw his face for the last time. weird and not weird because i love tate and he's an awesome giver when it comes to the emotional stuff. jack = meh. even the last jack/chloe scene fell short! and i wanted tony to appear. etc.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

somebody had to die, sorry this is 24 . what motivates Jack more then a lover friend who he had just reunited after 7 yrs .. killed.

But his motivation on killing Chang ,if they had not killed audrey. Still had all the memories of his tourture audrey tourture . More then enough anger rage to kill him without audrey or anyone else close to him death .

Audrey geting full honors on her body being returned to US , very touching and 2nd person beside David Palmer to get a on screen ceremony
Old 07-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's just that it was...old, you know? She was what, the THIRD woman in Jack's life to die of a gunshot wound?? And this time he wasn't even there, they didn't even get to say goodbye or have any sort of closure, he didn't even see her body, ffs. Jack has more reasons than any other person in the world to rage and kill Cheng, Audrey's death was NOT necessary AT ALL for that to happen.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Absolute Fan

just for the record, but he wasn't there when terri died either.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, but he arrived afterwards, he saw her at least.