Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-05-2007, 07:27 PM
New Fan

New/Different things you want to see in 24

just a thread to talk about somethin new you'd like to see in the show.

i know they already have a huge cast, but wouldnt it be cool if ctu buildings from OTHER states were in the show? ny, miami, houston. plus, la is the 2nd largest city, ny is 1, maybe a ny/la story next season. i know how many people that would take but it would be sweet

maybe some american terrorists? somehow they managed to stay off the radar and plan an attack for w/e reason. reasons have to be good tho
Old 04-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Well, the reason they picked LA is because the weather is consistent, where in NY, I believe it isn't?? Because one season takes about eight to ten months to fully finish shooting, etc.

I think they don't want the show to become TOO political, because they need the ratings, etc... and if there were American terrorists, people might get mad. There have already been people complaining about the stereotyping of Middle-Eastern terrorists, and even though it is JUST a TV show, the advances in technology have grown immensely, and if the main audience nationality was made to be the 'bad guys', well, you never know what bad things might happen.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkeeps (View Post)

maybe some american terrorists? somehow they managed to stay off the radar and plan an attack for w/e reason. reasons have to be good tho
Domestic terrorists are such a touchy subject.

Right now I'm taking a course on International Relations so I would want to see a lot of situations materialized on this show.

Have they done an arch around Gitmo? Maybe that would be cool, but too touchy as well.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
Domestic terrorists are such a touchy subject.

Right now I'm taking a course on International Relations so I would want to see a lot of situations materialized on this show.

Have they done an arch around Gitmo? Maybe that would be cool, but too touchy as well.
Touchy subject... yeah, I agree.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If it's JUST a tv show, I don't see why Americans should get mad about seeing actors playing American terrorists. People from the Middle East don't like to see their people pictured as they do, and the producers never seemed to care about it, now just because it's THEIR country things change?
Old 04-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

Well, you know, some things that are ‘just’ something never really turn out to be that way, and I guess the producers have to think about the audience and how they will respond, because they need the ratings too, it’s not just about the plot of the show and stuff, because if they get bad ratings then the stations won’t show it.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:58 PM
New Fan

its not the producers fault, its the fans, everyone is so sensitive nowadays, american terrorists dont bother me, they dont think muslims get mad when theyre depicted as terrorists on every tv show/movie? cmon, its just a show, they dont get tired of seein middle eastern terrorists all the time? "arabs bomb a building...again." its a good thing 24 makes overplayed things seem so good

lets not turn this into political thread, new ideas for the show that you wanna see, pretend pple dont care wats on tv
Old 04-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, nobody pointed any "political" opinions here so far But even if it's always the Muslims the direct target, they never forget to show that there are always American people involved, or it wouldn't be so easy for the terrorists to have access to everything they need. There's always someone in the government, last season they even put the President on the line, that was the best thing Did I make any sense?

Anyway........I don't know what I want to see, everything is always so cool!!! OH, yeah, I want Chloe in the field again, please!!!!!!!!!! And oh, if that's what we want, I want JA, in this season, and the next, and the next, and forever!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

You sure did, Ju.

Chloe in the field. NOW. That's a demand!!! Yeah, I loved her in the field in s4.
J/A definitely. FOREVER. I totally agree!!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

YAY for JA Saraaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Dessler (View Post)
YAY for JA Saraaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Duh, of course!!! JA is love.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So, what else do you wanna see on 24 after this season? Is there something that you liked a lot, and you want it to go on? Or is there something that you hated and would never want to see again?

Me: I want JA! I do NOT want any more bombs!

What about you?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

IMO that is a great idea for a new storyline, american terrorists I think that the people who would feel offended about the depiction of another country as terrorists probably would be watching 24 to begin with. It doesn't seem to make sense that they would be okay with terrorism plotlines for every country with any exceptions of their own.

To be a fan of 24, you have to have some political opinion leeway. I think that the American public who would dissaprove of the US being depicted as terrorist would have long stopped watching the show already becasue of the way parts of the US government has been depicted in some past seasons

I am chinese and I loved season 6. When you come down to the end of it, it is just a show (a great show ).

Personally, I would love to see Chuck Norris VS Jack Bauer
Old 01-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

When Chuck Norris invited all bad guys to the dinner, only two guys came: McGyver and Jack Bauer.
"You know, Michelle, I'm not a big advice giver, but under the circumstances... Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy, and do it. Because everything else is all just background noise."
http://www.reiko-aylesworth.co.nr

Last edited by Aylesworth; 01-02-2008 at 10:39 AM
Old 01-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Jessie - I definitely agree, you do need to have some leeway in every respect when you're watching 24. I'm Malaysian-Chinese, too, btw.

Aylesworth -

I'm going to change the title of this thread.