Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Day 9: Episode Discussion 9.05 (“3:00 PM-4:00 PM”) May 26th, 2014

24: Day 9
3:00 PM-4:00 PM
[episode discussion] Air Date: May 16th, 2014

Monday, May 26 (3:00-4:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

As Jack deals with unforeseen circumstances, an unlikely duo joins forces to prevent an impending attack in London. Meanwhile, homegrown terrorist Margot Al-Harazi (guest star Michelle Fairley) reveals her demands – revenge for her husband’s death in a U.S. airstrike. Also, President Heller (William Devane) orders a lockdown of military airspace, but it may be too late in the all-new “Day 9: 3:00 PM- 4:00 PM” episode of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY on Monday, May 26 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-905) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer; Yvonne Strahovski as Kate Morgan; Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O’Brian; Kim Raver as Audrey Boudreau; William Devane as James Heller; Benjamin Bratt as Steve Navarro; Tate Donovan as Mark Boudreau; Michael Wincott as Adrian Cross; Gbenga Akinnagbe as Erik Ritter and Giles Matthey as Jordan Reed.

Rules:
  1. Be Respectful to other posters.
  2. No Character/Actor Bashing. Especially Actor bashing, just because you don't like the character, doesn't mean the Actor need to be criticize because of it. The character and actor are different individuals, the Actors just portrays the character of whom you like or dislike.
  3. Everything is a spoiler until it has aired. So please keep everything under the spoiler tags because everybody will NOT want to know spoilers.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I enjoyed that episode.

I'm going to start with C.I.A Agent Kate Morgan, I'm just growing on her character each episode although I hope she's not really a mole, I don't believe she is but with 24 you just never know. i love how she connected a lot of the dots and her working with Chloe was a great transition.

Jack and Audrey reunion. I was just waiting for it and it was perfect, kidos to both Kiefer and Kim during that scene, their acting in that scene was amazing and they both had tears in their eyes, it was so sad. You can just feel all those feelings rushing back to Audrey, and you just felt their love.

Margot and her crazy daughter were on their game tonight, I surely didn't understand why , Naveed kept trusting Simone, that was mind boggling to me. His death wasn't shocking at all, I actually thought he'd die off last episode... the surprise would've actually been him staying alive. Too bad he couldn't fall in love with someone else better than a memory of the crazy residence.

Mark Boudreau finally admitting his jealousy and his thoughts of Jack Bauer controlled his actions, that was obvious. BUT we also find out he's responsible for what's going on with Margot right now, she's revenges her husbands death... in which James Heller was left out of knowing that they're would be civilians.

That ending wasn't shocking to me, CIA walking into a trap, very predictable. Great scene though.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:53 PM
Extreme Fan

When Jack admitted to Audrey that "it's true. I killed those people", does anyone else think he might have been talking about something other than the events of season 8? Heller wasn't president then, and it was Heller's state department that designated him a terrorist. I am thinking that maybe he was referring to something that happened between season 8 and Live Another Day that we don't know about yet that got him designated as a terrorist. Thoughts?
Old 05-26-2014, 09:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I enjoyed that episode.

Jack and Audrey reunion. I was just waiting for it and it was perfect, kidos to both Kiefer and Kim during that scene, their acting in that scene was amazing and they both had tears in their eyes, it was so sad. You can just feel all those feelings rushing back to Audrey, and you just felt their love.
Agreed. I was a little surprised at the way he pushed her away though, and that she seemed to have no anger toward him despite the narrative her husband has been trumpeting that Jack did something horrible to her. I just hope this isn't the only time we see them together this season...things can't end like that between them!

I am thinking there is more to what he told her about the accusations against him being true than what we saw in season 8. It would make more sense that way.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just love this show. And this season is going to be epic.
The creators did a very good job, the show grows with every episode. Did somebody noticed, that Jack was rarely seen in this episode? And the show still worked. Simply amazing!

Kate / Yvonne is slowly growing into Jack's footsteps. Her scenes with Chloe on the phone reminded me of the early 24 seasons, with Jack in the field holding contact with Chloe.

I think Navarro is dead and Kate will take over the lead. There were just too many hints for that (I haven't seen preview for the next episode).

I'm sure Jack will be back in the field soon, Heller has no other choice now.
Great scene between Audrey and Jack. It was very emotional and it's clear to see that Jack can show human signs when he's with her.

Can't wait to be Monday (Tuesday here) again

Robin & Ted | Gail & Dov | Sarah & Chuck | Amy & Jake | Gretchen & Jimmy

Bar Refaeli | Yvonne Strahovski | Cobie Smulders
Old 05-27-2014, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok besdoe Audrey Jack which was so good. I was very glad to see Mark has done 360 and now on Jacks side . His private moment apologizing to Audrey and her telling him her father needs him . Sure he kept the fact that there was collateral damage in a drone strike that killed Margo husband . like a good chief of staff ,sometimns you have ot protect the pres

Kate kicked off CIA to be sent home nope , once all hell breaks loose like end of last night . That brought missiles down on CIA assaut team , she of course will be with Jack .

I like the fact Kate has kept everyone in on the loop, Eric, Steve . yet she didnt tell the CIA computer dude, how she optained the information from chloe, on how the address was a trap .

Margo killing the son in law was coming , would have been better if the daughter had pulled the trigger .. She is too clever and cunning to fool ,right now.

I do want Audrey to dig into what set jack off in season 8 . She seemd to understand he didnt kill those peole for nothing . i understood that scene was there chance to have there moment and reunite . Want time for jack to go into the past 6 years .

Chloe ... she really wants Adrian to help her . He has feelings for her .. i hope he reconsiders and does help .

Based on the preview Steve was injured but very much alive didnt see eric in the preview
Old 05-27-2014, 07:47 PM
New Fan

1. So guys, what are the chances Jack will end up killing another of Audrey's husbands?

2. Imagine if Jack's father ends up being the ultimate villain above Margot (Surely there's a bigger villain like previous seasons!)

3. Can't see how the drone campaign can be backed after these events

4. Kate Morgan will become the next Jack Bauer - smart and sharp, given plenty excuses to break protocol, hurt the pride of people working on the same side, disobeying authority and having her own techie of the opposite sex.

5. Audrey and Jack's noses combined must be longer than pinocchio's
Old 05-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
Based on the preview Steve was injured but very much alive didnt see eric in the preview
I believe I saw him running around last episode. With Navarro still alive Kate sure won't take over the CIA facility.
So maybe she goes back in the field with Jack?

Old 05-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewtwo (View Post)
1. So guys, what are the chances Jack will end up killing another of Audrey's husbands?

2. Imagine if Jack's father ends up being the ultimate villain above Margot (Surely there's a bigger villain like previous seasons!)

4. Kate Morgan will become the next Jack Bauer - smart and sharp, given plenty excuses to break protocol, hurt the pride of people working on the same side, disobeying authority and having her own techie of the opposite sex.

1. I doubt it, if Audrey's husband is just a jealous dude who makes a lot of bad decisions, no need to kill him. Wouldn't really make much sense to do that. He wouldn't be the first annoying 24 character. lol Being annoying doesn't give a right to kill. Now if Mark is really evil, then yeah who knows.

2. There probably isn't a bigger villain than Margot this season because there are only 12 episodes, I don't really know if they have the time to really put that in. We'll see though.

3. I really dislike this Kate Morgan becoming Jack Bauer 2.0 storyline because it'll be recycled if true. Renee Walker was the Jack Bauer 2.0 so it'll feel like all 24 writers are doing is making Kate what Renee was. So we'll see
Old 05-28-2014, 02:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I always saw Renee as a female Tony Almeida. Incredible good shooting and a loyal partner to Jack, but not a leader.
But I'll rewatch Day 7 and 8 and compare Renee with Kate.
Kate has the eye for the bigger picture and knows what to do in extreme situations. Remember episode one? She was the only one who found it odd that Jack didn't try to escape to the roof.
Driving that mob boss to his enemies? Climbing to the control room to take Jack into CIA custody. For me these are typical Jack Bauer moves.

Plus her ability to quickly adjust herself to new situations is nearly like Jack's.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Elite Fan

Right! My thoughts.

Jack barely appeared! First ever Jack lite episode that I know of. Two scenes, really. One with Heller- fantastic, as was their exchanges last week. The two actors... every scene over the years have been fantastic. I think that Heller just totally wrong (surprise!). Surely after he didn't trust Jack last week, he would have thought to trust him this time around. I do concede that he's in a very tricky spot, but when Jack gives Heller his word, he should let him give him the benefit of the doubt. His second scene with Audrey, even for a non-shipper like me, was played to perfection. Excellent and intensely powerful scene.

Despite not as much Jack as I'd like, I did enjoy the increased political scenes. Enjoyed the scenes with Prime Minster Davies and Heller. I enjoyed the few scenes between them. I hope to see more Stephen Fry in the coming weeks. I liked his remorse at the news that there were children who died and his anger towards Mark.

Chloe was really great this episode, there were shades of the Chloe of old with some sarcastic quips. Kate was good again. Jordan had a bit more to do and again seems likable enough. Would like to see more of him tbh! Both he and the Prime Minister have still been underused... Navarro was very annoying today. Both Erik and Navarro had made it out in time so they should be okay (Pity). Division reared its incompetent head again, hurrah! It's about time! And, true to form, ban the one capable agent due to bureaucracy... Oh the joys...

Margo... what a classic, old school 24 villain! She is rapidly becoming one of my all time 24 villains. Chilling, creepy and utterly psychotic. Completely fantastic. That ending... wow. I always thought Navid would end up dead, but when Simone basically gave Margo the go ahead surprised me, considering how last episode she was begging Margo not to kill him. So I thought that ending was just really, really messed up. Brilliant. Also, I found some of Margo's dialogue was hysterical. 'I don't want you to blame yourself', 'No mother should see her daughter in pain' or whatever and I'm like- you did it, you psychotic nutcase!

Really good episode, but it needed more Jack imo...
Old 05-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tim is very important to build up the other characters around Jack. We need to know the other storyline with the villain in the CIA and Chloe. Gives the show more broader look.
You should understand this perhaps a few hundred thousand new fans to 24 that's changing things up a little bit,as far as not focusing hundred percent on Jack Bauer is a good way to introduce people