Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2014, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Day 9: Episode Discussion 9.03 (“1:00 PM-2:00 PM”) May 12th, 2014

24: Day 9
1:00 PM-2:00 PM
[episode discussion] Air Date: May 12th, 2014

Monday, May 12 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

As the hunt continues for Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), the terror threat is intensifying, much to the chagrin of the CIA and Kate Morgan (Yvonne Strahovski). Across town, President James Heller (William Devane) prepares to address Parliament in an attempt to heal recent wounds with the British, and to preserve his legacy. Meanwhile, Margot (guest star Michelle Fairley) - a homegrown British terrorist seeking to avenge her husband's death - proves she is willing to make any sacrifice for her mission in the all-new 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY episode.

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer; Yvonne Strahovski as Kate Morgan; Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian; Kim Raver as Audrey Boudreau; William Devane as James Heller; Benjamin Bratt as Steve Navarro; Tate Donovan as Mark Boudreau; Michael Wincott as Adrian Cross; Gbenga Akinnagbe as Erik Ritter and Giles Matthey as Jordan Reed.

Rules:
  1. Be Respectful to other posters.
  2. No Character/Actor Bashing. Especially Actor bashing, just because you don't like the character, doesn't mean the Actor need to be criticize because of it. The character and actor are different individuals, the Actors just portrays the character of whom you like or dislike.
  3. Everything is a spoiler until it has aired. So please keep everything under the spoiler tags because everybody will NOT want to know spoilers.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good cant wait for next hour , this episode will have to be watched Tuesday . NHL Game 6 tonight and The Blacklist finale plus of course WWE raw
Old 05-12-2014, 03:45 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread for tonight's episode.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh my goodness, I just finished the episode and BEWARE SPOILER ALERT!!! Somewhat big, so read at you're own que.

... I'll put this in spoiler tags just to be safe... I really don't want anyone getting spoiled so:
Spoiler:

Also Audrey Raines is now Audrey Boudreau... interesting. So when they get a divorce, is she finally going to go to Audrey Heller? or get married to Jack and go by Audrey Bauer?

The mother/daughter relationship with Margot and Simone is very strange... Margot is just a very strange woman. lol I guess that's why she fits well as a villain. In general you can see Simone just listens to "Mommy" she basically takes that philosophy to the heart of doing everything you're parents tell you to do.
Poor Navid for getting into this mess of a family.
Margot watching her daughter and son in law have sex? ewww. lol

Also I gotta say, I really don't see how anyone [at this stage] can really dislike Erik, he just tries to do his job correctly and he's rightfully suspicious of Kate... and I loved him starting to adjust to working with Kate while still keeping one eye open, because for how smart she is, to not know her husband was a betrayer to the Country is just a little bit sketchy for me.

Probably Erick will turn out to be the mole and it'll all be a surprise but for now I can see Erik concerns.

Mark Boudreau don't try to be a mole here, even if their are things you disagree with. You aren't the President, you're in the Chief of Staff, know you're place.
Now back to the Hellers, I enjoyed the scenes. AND as I guessed from the premiere of Season 9. Mark and Audrey has some hostility in their marriage. I loved seeing Audrey really talk tonight, cause last episode she seemed so fragile, and I think it's because of how Mark treats her. I don't see Audrey really being in love with him, she just probably loves him... and yes that is a difference.

OH and this dude Adrian Cross and his little buddy side kick Chell can just go kick rocks on the real. So happy for Chloe quickly putting some things together.

Oh and let me end this review by saying, Chris Tanner! Sorry man, let's hope you get rescued by Jack Bauer soon. So messed up how he's getting framed.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mark is mini Logan , he is going behind Pres Heller back and lying to him and Audrey . This will all backfire on him . Not sure his aid / assistant,will stick to mark once heller finds out !

Kate no torture but psychological warfare seems to work. Turn a bad guy over to other drug gang , seems to loosen his tongue. Her chasing Jack at the US Embassy good scene .

Jack Jack oh how we missed you now Chloe has to deal with her situation. As jack fake id got changed .. Her "boss " has no idea who he screwed over ..

I can see , say in 2 ep , US will get this drone attack information.
I also can see the Pilot got arrested, fitting in to help stop the drones .
Old 05-13-2014, 07:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think the setup with Kate and Ritter is too obvious. Majorly clashing at first, only to end up best buddies. Kinda like the new Jack and Tony.

I am not feeling anything about Margot's family. Too creepy for the sake of being too creepy. Makes me just want to fast forward the scenes.

It looks like Mark even underprepped Heller for the parliament address.

And poor Morris (and Carlo Rota). An off-screen death learnt from twitter. Ouch.

I am kinda getting tired of Jack wanting to be the wannabe hero this season. He is just too pig-headed to contact the authorities this year. What does he expect to do in that embassy, shoot his way in and out of there?
Writing despair stirs up emotion, sure – but tears are cheap. It’s easy to get our characters into scrapes, to beat them bloody, to take away everything they care about; it’s harder to get them out of trouble, heal them, and give them their hearts’ desires while making it meaningful and believable instead of nauseatingly cheesy.
slightly modified from http://bekindrewrite.com/2011/05/27/...happy-endings/

Last edited by oulker1980; 05-13-2014 at 07:20 AM
Old 05-13-2014, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulker1980 (View Post)
I think the setup with Kate and Ritter is too obvious. Majorly clashing at first, only to end up best buddies. Kinda like the new Jack and Tony.

I am not feeling anything about Margot's family. Too creepy for the sake of being too creepy. Makes me just want to fast forward the scenes.

And poor Morris (and Carlo Rota). An off-screen death learnt from twitter. Ouch.

I am kinda getting tired of Jack wanting to be the wannabe hero this season. He is just too pig-headed to contact the authorities this year. What does he expect to do in that embassy, shoot his way in and out of there?

Probably... this Kate & Ritter thing does seem like that, I just hope none of them are a mole.

Very creepy... and it's mainly the Mother Margot who's the main creep.

Thank goodness I try to avoid all 24 spoilers, so it came as a shock to me! lol

100% disagree. There's no show if Jack doesn't be a hero, it's who he is. He's not a "wanna be" hero since he successfully was a hero for years, even though the government continue to betray him, he still go out his way to do whatever he can to save Presidents and so on.
From all my years of watching 24, we all know Jack will always find away. He's a very smart man.. and he knows things because guys at CTU, C.I.A, and the FBI does. Without Jack Bauer, they'd be very screwed... that's one reason I'm starting to dislike the quote "You were right Jack." I feel like we hear it every season, no one listens to Jack in the beginning only to find out he was right in the end.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

season, no one listens to Jack in the beginning only to find out he was right in the end.
The problem is they cannot listen to Jack this season, because Jack doesn't even bother to tell them anything. He just wants to do everything by himself. He can try, it is not like Brits screwed him before anyway. It is their country, he should pick up the phone and inform the authorities instead of doing everything by himself.
Writing despair stirs up emotion, sure – but tears are cheap. It’s easy to get our characters into scrapes, to beat them bloody, to take away everything they care about; it’s harder to get them out of trouble, heal them, and give them their hearts’ desires while making it meaningful and believable instead of nauseatingly cheesy.
slightly modified from http://bekindrewrite.com/2011/05/27/...happy-endings/
Old 05-13-2014, 02:56 PM
MST Manager

Nice to see the comments.

I read spoilers, so, yeah, I knew.

But that doesn't mean I still don't enjoy it all so very much.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the british authorities would listen to a wanted criminal, telling them unbelievable stories without proof

When even his own country which he saved 8 times from a disaster doesn't listen to him.

Jack has to find proof before he can contact any authorities. Just like he does every day

The episode was nice. It had the right atmosphere after the first two episodes. Slowing the story down is very good at this point.

I don't think and I hope there'll be no time for a mole. It would be good to have a season without a mole.

I liked the scene with Yvonne. She's a smart agent and I hope she'll team up with Jack soon.

Looking forward to next week but sadly there are just 9 episodes left

Robin & Ted | Gail & Dov | Sarah & Chuck | Amy & Jake | Gretchen & Jimmy

Bar Refaeli | Yvonne Strahovski | Cobie Smulders
Old 05-14-2014, 01:47 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full◎Circle (View Post)
Looking forward to next week but sadly there are just 9 episodes left
It's going to go by so quickly.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Right I saw the episode tonight. I'm just so happy its back. Great episode.

Right, first off, Chloe's bombshell... Tia you say you were annoyed about Chloe losing the suspect- I wasn't, as it was obvious that something was seriously bothering her. Like I said last week, I thought that Chloe was in England due to Morris taking custody of Prescott and her trying to find them. And months and months ago when that story came out about about how Chloe 'lost her son', I always took that to mean that she lost custody, and even if her son had died, I always assumed that it was something to do with Chloe's role in hiding Jack or whatever, and Morris was so griefstricken and disgusted with Chloe's loyalty, that he left her (and would have been very in character for him IMO). So the fact that he died too, really shocked me. Didn't upset me persay, as I'm not a fan of the character, but I still think he's not dead, in an Audrey-faked-death type thing... But I'm loving this dark Chloe. It's a really interesting direction for the character, as I think she was barely in S7 and wasn't brilliant in S8, so I'm finding this storyline really interesting and I thought that the scene in the car was just some really awesome acting from both Kiefer and Mary Lynn. Even though horrific events could be unfolding, Jack still shows concern and care for one of his most loyal friends. Magic scene.

Scenes on the tube were cool. But I like that Jack is going to some of the grittier, less tourist type places.

Margo has the potential to be an awesome, awesome villain. She's really creepy and sinister. The son-in-law Navid, however, is annoying, bland and wet. Just irritating. My call is that within the next 4 episodes, Simone will have killed him.

Quote:
Also Audrey Raines is now Audrey Boudreau... interesting.
That was established in Episode 1...

I thought that Audrey went from being good and strong, to weak, to strong again. I'm really enjoying Heller, for the first time since Season 4. Also like Stephen Fry but I think he's been underused imo. Hope for more over the next few weeks. Mark is getting more and more annoying by the scene. Really wanted to punch him on several occasions. He's getting towards the Miles level and its only episode 3!

Didn't see too much of Navarro, but when he was seen, he was been weak and spineless as per. Really want to see more of Jordan, who was Kate's only ally in the first episode.

Erik didn't annoy me too much today. Thought he was better than he was in opening episodes. Kate, though, was genius with that move with the suspect getting him to talk. Brilliant.

Adrian Cross wins my Weazle of the Week award. Still got the potential to be a great character, but that was a really slimy thing to do.

I thought the ending was sad and unrealistic with Parliament attacking Heller in such a way. But it was a great ending with Kate chasing Jack after Jack creates a riot to sneak into Embassy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulker1980 (View Post)
I am kinda getting tired of Jack wanting to be the wannabe hero this season. He is just too pig-headed to contact the authorities this year. What does he expect to do in that embassy, shoot his way in and out of there? The problem is they cannot listen to Jack this season, because Jack doesn't even bother to tell them anything. He just wants to do everything by himself. He can try, it is not like Brits screwed him before anyway. It is their country, he should pick up the phone and inform the authorities instead of doing everything by himself.
I'm sorry, but this guy is one of the most wanted terrorists in the world- the writers have described Jack as not quite Bin Laden, but not far off. He can't exactly stroll into the police station/CIA/authorities, tell them that their solid info on the drone attack is wrong and that the President, who he is suspected of targeting, is under threat by a group of their own drones that have fallen under the control of a psycho family can he? He'd be laughed out the door, then brought back through the door, put him under arrest, torture him, then send him back to the US for trial and possible death penalty for international terrorism charges. So not exactly a great outlook for the guy! And tbh, if anything, he's doing more to contact the authorities than he did in previous seasons- I mean, he's actually trying to contact the President. He trusts him. He wants to save his life more than he values his own freedom.

So yeah... those are my thoughts...

Last edited by Almeida's Army; 05-14-2014 at 08:48 PM
Old 05-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tim in reply to some of you're comments. I think I was upset with Chloe losing the suspect because I felt that she was letting her personal life affect what Jack needs to do... and it made me love Jack even more for never really letting his personal life or thoughts getting in the way of what he's feeling.

When I found out why Chloe was so distraught I understood and I felt bad for her, but it just made me appreciate Jack Bauer so much more... I mean all the loss he dealt with, and this guy is getting chased down by the .. by about everybody and to still want to be that savior, I really like Jack for that.

The one thing that hurt me about Morris and Prescott death is that it wasn't just some tragedy... again it all lead back to Chloe knowing something about Jack.... and really Chloe was suppose to be the one dead.

Also I knew that Audrey Raines was Audrey Boudreau right from the premiere episode of Day 9 seeing as she was married, I just liked seeing that in the opening credits... and I was just wondering when will Audrey eventually have a last name change again. lol

Also Parliament attacking Heller was sad to watch... but all I was wondering "Was Mark right?" I guess we'll find out next episode how Heller deals with everything, I guess he'll do fine.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

Totally agreed RE Jack being awesome.

Quote:
The one thing that hurt me about Morris and Prescott death is that it wasn't just some tragedy... again it all lead back to Chloe knowing something about Jack.... and really Chloe was suppose to be the one dead.
See, I think it could add a really interesting dynamic- with Jack feeling guilty, Chloe maybe blaming Jack a bit. It's quite interesting, how Jack in S1 lost his wife and unborn child, in S5 Tony lost his wife and unborn child and now Chloe's lost her husband and son. It'll be interesting to compare how their reactions differ and what similarities can be drawn.

Quote:
Also I knew that Audrey Raines was Audrey Boudreau right from the premiere episode of Day 9 seeing as she was married, I just liked seeing that in the opening credits... and I was just wondering when will Audrey eventually have a last name change again. lol
She was actually addressed as Mrs Boudreau in Episode 1... by Mark's advisor... type guy.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:02 PM
New Fan

Here's 5 things I learnt from episode 3...

TennentSpace - 24: Live Another Day (Episode 3)

Can't believe there are only 9 episodes left already!