Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Day 9: 200th Episode Discussion 9.08 (“6:00 PM-7:00 PM”) June 16th, 2014

24: Day 9
6:00 PM-7:00 PM
[episode discussion] Air Date: June 16th, 2014

Monday, June 16th (6:00-7:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
THE PULSE-POUNDING CLOCK TICKS TO A MILESTONE 200TH EPISODE ON AN ALL-NEW “24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY” MONDAY, JUNE 16, ON FOX

Jack Bauer and President Heller endure the unthinkable to thwart the terror attacks of mastermind Margot Al-Harazi (guest star Michelle Fairley). Meanwhile, CIA agent Jordan Reed faces a life-or-death struggle and Kate takes drastic measures to track down Margot before it’s too late in the all-new “Day 9: 6:00 PM-7:00 PM” episode of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY airing Monday, June 16 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-908) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer; Yvonne Strahovski as Kate Morgan; Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O’Brian; Kim Raver as Audrey Boudreau; William Devane as James Heller; Benjamin Bratt as Steve Navarro; Tate Donovan as Mark Boudreau; Michael Wincott as Adrian Cross; Gbenga Akinnagbe as Erik Ritter and Giles Matthey as Jordan Reed.

Rules:
  1. Be Respectful to other posters.
  2. No Character/Actor Bashing. Especially Actor bashing, just because you don't like the character, doesn't mean the Actor need to be criticize because of it. The character and actor are different individuals, the Actors just portrays the character of whom you like or dislike.
  3. Everything is a spoiler until it has aired. So please keep everything under the spoiler tags because everybody will NOT want to know spoilers.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

24 series ep 200 !! I smell a trap from Heller and Bauer .. He is way to smart to give himself up to margo. Hope this plays out early on .. As I always do I record it at 9 pm then after 10 pm i watch it minus the ads
Old 06-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm sad. Some great emotional scenes though. Kim, Kiefer, Tate and William were wonderful tonight.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

In reply to Matt's post, watching 24 ad free is always the best way to watch it.

Now on to this episode, I loved the episode so much. Episode 200th started and ended well, can I say how shocked I was for Heller to trust Mark so much, just wow.

Jack and James Heller discussion in the end is one I loved, it's probably my favorite scene they both shared, and although they don't agree on many things they both understand the importance of when things have got to be done.

Also Jack trusting Kate so quickly? that surprised me as well, it took like three hours?

Also it was awesome hearing Jack say "Wake the Bit*h up" I love Jack realistically not really caring about Simone, he just need her awake to go against her Mother Margot.

Can I say that it was nice seeing Audrey and James Heller discuss the Mother, I don't remember her ever getting mentioned. Also James Heller got to say this is the worst day of his life, pretty sad for him and we also learn he's diagnosed with Alzheimer. So within a year, he won't remember anybody. It also makes sense as to why it was much easier for him to deliver himself to Margot.

Also Jordan... Jordan, Jordan, Jordan... idiocy was my first thought when he called Steve Navarro and then after the conversation, I said Jordan can't really be so stupid, so I think it's a trap, lucky for me I was right but then the inexperience Jordan wanted to play interrogation tactics, I didn't think that was to wised. Then he got stabbed, I was sad for him... but then he shot the ...stupid gunman, and I was very happy with that. So is Jordan dead or not? it seemed like he died, or was knock unconscious, I have no idea. lol

When I saw Heller and Bauer in that helicopter for some reason I had flashes to Season 2 when Mason and Bauer were together in the plane, and Mason died. Great episode.

Kim Raver is absolutely amazing in those emotional scenes, that ending Mark and Audrey scene was possibly my favorite between them.

I loved Heller giving Jack Bauer a parting. That really just meant a lot, and this was my favorite episode of James Heller. After everything, for it to end that way was kind of sad but when it got to the finale five minutes of the episode, I was thinking to myself "If Heller really dies, does he get a silent clock." And then he did "die" and got no silent clock so I'm a bit skeptical...

Also I'm still skeptical over the negotiation with terrorist. We'll see if Heller's "death" was for something.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:49 AM
New Fan

Well, I don't think Heller is dead. Chloe was talking about three streams of data from the drone, and I'm wondering if they could be for missile guidance and/or video. So she could have pulled the missile off course. Or disarmed it and sent video of another explosion. And like you said, there was no silent count. But I think if Heller is alive, we won't know for a few episodes. They'll want everyone to think he died
Old 06-17-2014, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

William Devane was so good last night , he showed why he has had a long carrer in acting. He took it up a few notches with his emotional speech . To "sacrifice " himself ,which i have my dought . We never got s silent clock .... I know it is hard to see where they/Chloe could have altered the drone video /visual ...

Not enough clhoe, although we saw Adrian who seems to want Chloe back but still not sure what his connection to Steve is ..

Quote:
eternalfate : Also it was awesome hearing Jack say "Wake the Bitch up" I love Jack realistically not really caring about Simone, he just need her awake to go against her Mother Margot.
That was my new favorite line . kate didn't hesitate to draw a gun on the dr to wake up simone ..

jordon showed he isnt a whimp and took care of the goon , but at what cost ? He was stabbed plus he has bullet wound . I was surprised to see him take control but he let the goon make him think twice . hoping he would call Kate not Steve .. My idea is the blood on the floor is mostly the goon not his.

Jack and Heller very good stuff .. Margo's son may be the one to defy her, not detroy the drones.

Spoiler filled interview(only on last nights episode nothing else ) with Evan Katz /manny coto on last nights episode

Quote:
You killed the president! Unless you want us to believe he might have survived that missile exploding...
Manny Coto: No, it's pretty cut and dry.

Why did Heller decide to give himself over to Margot despite Jack's insistence not to?

Coto: When Heller invokes the fact that he is ill, that he has Alzheimer's and he is fading away, that makes Jack stop. Heller's reasoning is actually not a bad one in the sense that, "I only have a certain amount of time left. And if I live, more people will die. ... If I could prevent that, what am I really giving up? I'm giving up a couple years — maybe one more year of lucidity." [In Heller's mind] it's worth the trade.
Evan Katz: It is a very strong statement of heroism and nobility and sacrifice. How many of our presidents would do that? We loaded the dice in our 24 way, where he knows he doesn't have that much time left, and he thinks this woman will keep her word.

chat agian on time jump , we need to see asap

Last edited by Logan; 06-17-2014 at 06:22 AM
Old 06-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Matt, glad we had the same favorite line for the episode. Jack has been so awesome this season, and explained why I missed him.

Margot son is probably my least favorite character this season...
Old 06-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A few post episode interviews i read still have me thinking he maybe his is alive . The 2 Excutive producers joked well not everyone gets a silent clock / we have new graphics people they havnt learned about the silent clock /third excuse we cant tell you if he is alive or dead dont want to ruin it for you next week ...

Willima devane a great actor who has played both robert and Jack Kennedy on TV , was is the best choice for new president on 24Live another day . alive or dead he had a emmy moment last night . His one on one with Jack raising his voice but no in anger but, to me , frustration over his dignosis and inalbity to help stop margo .

Kim /Audrey showed me once agian why they kept Audrey alive all these years , Her emotion her agnoy grief anger all in one . Very good stuff here

I may be wrong but perhaps mark saw the light , seeing how difficult choices Jack has to make and why he does them . I think may or may not happen is ,mark tells jack or his deal with Russians .Jack takes it from there ..

so if we have a new pres and if he shows up in UK . Will the pardon written signed buy heller for jack stand . Will he feel heller was not of sound mind ? This event of last night with heller may be the main reason for the time jump. May need 5-6 hrs to get new pres over to UK
Old 06-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think it'll be too obvious for Heller to be alive because of the non-silent clock, which makes me thing he's actually dead but the silent clock thing is strange because Heller supposedly died right at the end, I would think after such a moment it'd be fitting for a silent treatment.

Agreed about William Devane, marvelous job as James Heller this season.

Kim Raver has always been so great with those emotional scenes, and she definitely was like that for this episode. Amazing thing is before this episode I said it seemed obvious that by the end of this season Audrey will be filling for divorce papers from Mark but after last night, she should be equally upset with Mark and Jack right? it wouldn't make any sense if she grew closer to Jack because of Mark lying to her, if anything it'd make sense for her to push both away instead of one. We all know sometimes Audrey's emotions speak for her at a certain moment.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

But she knows her dad would not have been convinced to not do this. My theory audrey would have cried yelled etc but Heller would not have relented .

Question is jordon alive he did get stabbed plus he was shot . I figure the blood was moslty the goon hired to kill jordan . glad they took Jordan made him, more then a anylyst who was super smart .. figure he gets a hold of kate and that starts sub plot 2 ..

Last edited by Logan; 06-18-2014 at 02:40 PM
Old 06-18-2014, 04:32 AM
Addicted Fan

William Devane - respect, respect and respect.. He was incredibleeeeeee.. I felt so sad at the end, and the dramatic music, aaaaaa... And the conversation that Jack and Heller had where he showed Jack the video recording..

Mark, finally plays for the team! And I felt that Kim could be better in hers emotional scenes when she finds out, it was funny for me how she cried.. It was like forced...

And Jordan and the Hitman in another episode of "Who is the bigger idiot?"

So, Jordan finds out that Navarro send him, and he wants to play interrogation with him? Why? Do you have like memory loss? Do you even remember what you doing the past hours? Some files maybe?
And he is supposed to be a CIA analyst and he for the whole hour can't find a phone and call the only person that he trust - Kate.. Instead he calls Navarro, omg.. In th end he probably died, I mean a gunshot in the chest area and a stabbing in the chest, come on you are not Rambo, dude..

Jack is the man, and in the next episode: ITS PAYBACK BITCH(Wake the bitch up! - lololololol )
Old 06-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer14 (View Post)
William Devane - respect, respect and respect.. He was incredibleeeeeee..
Unbelievable respect. Like a soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer14 (View Post)
Jack is the man, and in the next episode: ITS PAYBACK BITCH(Wake the bitch up! - lololololol )
I loved that in the promo too! LOL
Old 06-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i have read descriptions / press release for Ep 8 and 9 not one gives away any fallout from Monday episode ,No mention of heller aftermath . Hey that is very good . i wasnt looking for any spoilers at all . nor do any give me the fate of jordon or the real possibly of a rift between margo and Ian

If she is true to her word then the drones should be destroyed ,but Ian wants to go thru with the plan ..

here is the video from monday now that tim has finally scene the ep !!
Old 06-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Also remember if there are any spoilers for future episodes, use the spoiler tags.
Oh Matt, thanks for your kind of answer on believing Jordan is alive, we would see in the future [next] episodes if that's true.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

I'll write a full review tomorrow... All I'll say is wow. Wow. Wow. And wow again. I may go as far as to say that this was one of my favourite ever episodes, though I may need to rewatch it 4 or 5 more times... Wow.

I am going to watch the episode again tomorrow and will be able to talk more once I see it again.

Last edited by Almeida's Army; 06-19-2014 at 10:04 PM