Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauermulder24 (View Post)
Wha? Wayne a great President? Maybe I just couldn't get past his bad acting to realize. I least she could act.
DB Woodside was a much better actor than Cherry Jones imo
Old 10-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nope sorry DB woodside has had some very good roles but this one in S-6 was not as good as early Wayne or Wayne in S-5 .

Cherry won a Emmy for 24 S-7 .. Did DB win one NOPE ..
Old 10-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

To be fair though, and this is with no disrespect to Jones, her competition for the award was not as great as the male category in the year DB Woodside was Wayne as President. He was up against both Terry O'Quinn and Micheael Emerson and I think Gregory Itzin too so DB didn't have a great chance.

Anyway I'm actually watching Season 6 and am impressed at how strong his acting is so...
Old 10-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I first Saw DB woodside on Buffy the Vampire slayer 2nd to last season. He was the Principle of high school where Buffy worked .He also was decedent of a slayer so he and Buffy fought off demons . Wait for Tia she is also a Buffy fan
Old 10-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
So Jack slept with his sister in law so that automatically makes him Josh's dad? Doesn't make any sense. Anyway, as I said many times, the timing was totally wrong. Was watching Season 6 today and Marilyn said that she'd been trying not to think about Jack for the last 20 years- Josh was 16 years old on day 6- 4 years after either they broke up, or more likely, had an affair- 9 years between Season 1 and Season 6, Kim was 16 at the time so that means they ended an affair when Kim was 5 years old, so him and Teri were together at the time.

Jack was never intended by the writers to be Josh's father. However the intention was to make Philip the father- implying either an affair or maybe even rape etc- but that would confuse things as before Philip went crazy, Marilyn talked quite happily and normally to him so that would have ruled that out...

Mike messed David's presidency. But anyway I don't get the problem with Wayne being president- especially considering he did a better job than Taylor, Logan, Keeler, Daniels etc
How come no one ever replies to my Philip/Josh/Jack points?
Old 10-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
How come no one ever replies to my Philip/Josh/Jack points?
What post # is that?
Old 10-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)
What post # is that?
Post 42- I quoted it
Old 10-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Taylor was a weak weak president
The writers changed her that way in late Season 8 but in Season 7 she was a strong President and that's what I loved about her. Even in the beginning of Season 8 she still had that strength and that was great to see and then Logan got brought in and it's like something possessed Taylor. so I can't agree with her being a 'weak president' but I believe her last hours as president was a hot mess and Taylor knew that as well.

Quote:
So Jack slept with his sister in law so that automatically makes him Josh's dad? Doesn't make any sense. Anyway, as I said many times, the timing was totally wrong. Was watching Season 6 today and Marilyn said that she'd been trying not to think about Jack for the last 20 years- Josh was 16 years old on day 6- 4 years after either they broke up, or more likely, had an affair- 9 years between Season 1 and Season 6, Kim was 16 at the time so that means they ended an affair when Kim was 5 years old, so him and Teri were together at the time.

Jack was never intended by the writers to be Josh's father. However the intention was to make Philip the father- implying either an affair or maybe even rape etc- but that would confuse things as before Philip went crazy, Marilyn talked quite happily and normally to him so that would have ruled that out...

Mike messed David's presidency. But anyway I don't get the problem with Wayne being president- especially considering he did a better job than Taylor, Logan, Keeler, Daniels etc
The timing wasn't really wrong....it could have been his son...but it would have just made Jack look bad.....I really do remember a lot of people think that he was Josh son, I never believed it but I remember a lot of people thinking so... guess because of this whole Marilyn/Jack history that probably the writer's shouldn't have thrown in there? cause that didn't make Jack look like the best brother in the past. I think the writers would have just been better off if they didn't even right any [kind of] romantic feelings between Jack and Marilyn.

Can't agree with tat...just didn't like Wayne as President.
David Palmer should have been the only 'Palmer' as President.
With Wayne it just doesn't seem like he belonged there.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah but even in Season 7 she was just so wrong! Not letting Jack be Jack, thinking Jack was dodgy (How do I know where your loyalties truely lie), amung other stuff- she put Sangala ahead of her own country, she put her country at risk by not letting Jack do what was necessary to stop the attacks and was just wrong

As for Jack- no the timing was wrong I mean- in my eyes anyway- that was never even a possibility, it would be disrespectful to Teri too. But heres the timeline as I see it

Maybe Jack/Marilyn were together. She cheated on Jack with his brother. Jack leaves her and gets together with Teri where he fathered Kim. Marilyn tried to get back with Jack, but Jack said no. Four years later Josh is born.Seven years later Day 1 happened and Teri died. Nine years later, Jack met Marilyn again..

That is one scenario anyway...
Old 10-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Poor Graem and all of this...he's second place to his brother in everything.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Poor Graem and all of this...he's second place to his brother in everything.
Yeah well he should join the club- we are all second place to Jack as Jack is awesome!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

All the characters are second place to him....lol
Old 11-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
All the characters are second place to him....lol
Exactly as are we- we are not worthy
Old 11-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well not in my eyes......
Old 11-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well not in my eyes......
Well in my eyes theres Jack Bauer, then everyone else.