Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
That was so much pressure on Steph Curry. I felt for him. lol I know he had to be upset in his mind because he knows he can shoot it, but it's so different from shooting it in the game, and just coming out there with your clothes and shooting the shots. lol

They just wanted him to get the 500k. lol

I expect the West to win this AllStar Game...
Yeah agreed, I did feel for Steph but it didn't stop me having a good laugh at his expense Was listening to the Starters Drop Podcast though and they said that apparantly none of his half shots were falling during the afternoon practice either. I think he's made it look easy for the past three seasons, that you forget how difficult shooting from that distance is!
Old 02-19-2017, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

Incidentally, end of the third and my two picks for MVP is still well and truly on- Giannis with 28/3/1 with 3 steals and the only block of the game shooting 87% with no turnovers and for Davis 32/7 with 2 steals and one turnover shooting 67%.

EDIT: Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans & Langston Galloway along with a future first & second round pick to Sacramento for DeMarcus Cousins

(Also I will respond to your PM when I get the energy but in short I'm leaning to agreeing with you).

Last edited by Almeida's Army; 02-19-2017 at 09:56 PM
Old 02-20-2017, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I was live chatting about the AllStar game in one of my other boards.lol would've live chatted here if I knew you'd be here. Anyway, by the 3rd quarter my 3 MVP's were Giannis, Westbrook and AD, before the 4th quarter started I actually had Westbrook as MVP but I think AD took it in the 4th...

Also I did not see that trade coming. Heard about it a few hours ago and just wow.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was live chatting about the AllStar game in one of my other boards.lol would've live chatted here if I knew you'd be here. Anyway, by the 3rd quarter my 3 MVP's were Giannis, Westbrook and AD, before the 4th quarter started I actually had Westbrook as MVP but I think AD took it in the 4th...

Also I did not see that trade coming. Heard about it a few hours ago and just wow.
Yeah shame, I was online all evening too
I had AD then Giannis then Irving then Westbrook. But Davis or Westbrook as I wouldn't give it to a losing team.

The trade could lead to an interesting matchup with the Warriors in round one. But I think Cousins is a toxic locker room guy who has underachieved (Should have made playoffs last season with Karl, Rondo leading league in assists and Gay plus decent role players and would have done had Cousins not had his attitude problems with Karl) so I think the only change is it makes the first round more interesting and makes free agency more interesting/terrifying- I've been saying all season that Cavs, Spurs, Hornets and Pellicans are the only sides I fear CP3 would consider over the Clippers and this just intensifies it. However, I think Clippers will still resign him as he'd be foolish to turn down a better situation and becoming the first $200m player but that front court could be tempting... Also will increase the chances the Clippers make a move for Melo to keep CP3 in town... So swings and roundabouts.

Last edited by Almeida's Army; 02-20-2017 at 01:29 AM
Old 02-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Actually I blame EVERYTHING with Karl and Cousins on Karl. I mean he wasn't even in the locker room yet and he started the beef with Cousins, and seeing quotes from Karl's recent book, shows why former players didn't like him.

It would be crazy if CP3 returned to New Orleans at the end of the season.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Actually I blame EVERYTHING with Karl and Cousins on Karl. I mean he wasn't even in the locker room yet and he started the beef with Cousins, and seeing quotes from Karl's recent book, shows why former players didn't like him.

It would be crazy if CP3 returned to New Orleans at the end of the season.
Reason I have it mostly on Cousins (And I agree, those comments were awful and can see why players didn't like him which explains why maybe his post seasons runs were so underwhelming in comparison to the regular season) is because when Karl came in the first person he saw, Rudy Gay, said welcome to basketball hell. The cause of that, in Karl's estimation, was likely Cousins and felt that it would be better moving on from Cousins, trade him (would have gotten a better package too) and try and establish a better culture (or at least one that revolves around Karl). Say what you want about his dismal playoff record, but in his entire career he only failed to make the playoffs three times- his second season with the Bucks where he finished one game back from the 8th seed and the one and a half seasons in Sacremento. Now, surely a coach that can get seemingly any team to the playoffs, and when you don't, two of the three times was with Cousins and the Kings, says to me that the problem lies more with Cousins and his inability to coexist with Karl the way others had. Swearing at your coach in a physical altercation and not even get a game suspension was ridiculous. Shows the problem is with Cousins attitude and the Kings inability to toughen up rather than Karl, who may not be the greatest man manager, but would be almost guaranteed to get you regular season wins.

I really hope that doesn't happen and I don't think it will- I mean Jrue Holiday is a good fit for that offense but also I don't see CP3 turning down $200m. I think he stays but I think we may need to pull the trigger on the Melo deal just to be sure.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I think ANYTHING is possible with all the things I've been seeing go on in the NBA these past few years.

Also, can you reply to my pm soon please, Tim, for I can know whether to put that thread up or not. If not, I'll just put it up.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^ I think ANYTHING is possible with all the things I've been seeing go on in the NBA these past few years.

Also, can you reply to my pm soon please, Tim, for I can know whether to put that thread up or not. If not, I'll just put it up.
I'll respond when I wake up. I'm completely exhausted now and am falling asleep as I post tbh
Old 02-21-2017, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Okay, Tim.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:02 AM
Elite Fan

Clippers vs Celtics tomorrow! Can't wait. Having awesome time in LA.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ That's awesome! Let's go Celtics.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:37 AM
MST Manager

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Busy yet great. Hope the same for you, Nikki.