Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2017, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
They are coming starting tomorrow to install them and need to keep the kids out of the house.
Hopefully all goes well.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:54 AM
Elite Fan

Well This happened last night and my local
Fox station ran 24 Legacy at 130am ( on DVR )
Old 02-06-2017, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I watched it and that was quite a game.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Did you see or follow the sheer madness that transpired at MSG last night?
Old 02-09-2017, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yes, I've seen everything. .... can't choose a side since I'm not 100% sure which side is the right one but man the Knicks are a mess. No one even care about what's going on in the court, it's all outside the court drama.

Poor Jabari Parker with a second ACL tear.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
^ Yes, I've seen everything. .... can't choose a side since I'm not 100% sure which side is the right one but man the Knicks are a mess. No one even care about what's going on in the court, it's all outside the court drama.

Poor Jabari Parker with a second ACL tear.
Yeah that was rough... Poor guy- he's only in his third year as well... Plus a terrific talent. Bucks can't catch a break- Middleton returns, then Parker's gone for the season, maybe more. Greek Freak is astonishingly good too.

I side with Oakley, but obviously violence is never a good option but if he was a paying customer and was asked to leave for no other reason than Dolan not liking him, that seems very petty imo. Whole thing is a mess though. I do feel somewhat like a scavenger though hoping that the Clippers can get Melo for Crawford, Pierce and both Johnsons though!
Old 02-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, Giannis Antetokounmpo has been a great surprise. He's emerged very quickly and yes Bucks can't catch a break.

From the news I've heard thus far, I'm with Oakley even if I wish the whole thing was just handled better.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree, Giannis Antetokounmpo has been a great surprise. He's emerged very quickly and yes Bucks can't catch a break.

From the news I've heard thus far, I'm with Oakley even if I wish the whole thing was just handled better.
Giannis wasn't a surprise for me as I've been saying he's going to be the next best thing since 2014-15 when I saw him at the O2 and after the way he ended last season playing PG and showing his versatility, I was sure he would have a breakout season...

Then again, I had the Knicks getting homecourt so what do I know?!

Total mess up in NYC. Shame as I do like the Knicks- and especially Melo and Porzingus.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Knicks has just be dysfunctional for so long and as much as I like Melo, Melo in NYC just hasn't worked...
Old 02-11-2017, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Knicks has just be dysfunctional for so long and as much as I like Melo, Melo in NYC just hasn't worked...
Would be awesome if he could end up on the Clippers, while keeping the core 5 in tact
Old 02-11-2017, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Of course. lol
Old 02-18-2017, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Watching All Star Saturday Night- I had the World winning last night, I've got/had Thomas vs Porzingus in the final with Porzingus winning in the Skills contest, Eric Gordon to beat Klay and Kyrie in the 3 point final and DJ to win the Dunk Contest. Davis to win the MVP if the West wins and Giannis to get it if the East wins.

Last edited by Almeida's Army; 02-18-2017 at 05:29 PM
Old 02-18-2017, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Saturday Night was a bit upsetting to me. I guess compared to last year when it was one of the best Saturday Nights of All-Time, I just didn't care for either event.

I had Thomas winning the skills challenge, he let me down again.
I had Klay winning the 3-point contest, he got out the 1st round. That put a downer on the competition. When it was the Final 3, I definitely had Eric Gordon.

For the Dunk Contest, I had Glenn Robinson III vs Gordon in the Finals, and Gordon was a HUGEEE upset. I wonder if his ankle injury has anything to do with it? Since he's been injured for the last few weeks.

The shooting for Sager was my favorite thing about Saturday Night....
Also, I had Team World winning as well.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Saturday Night was a bit upsetting to me. I guess compared to last year when it was one of the best Saturday Nights of All-Time, I just didn't care for either event.

I had Thomas winning the skills challenge, he let me down again.
I had Klay winning the 3-point contest, he got out the 1st round. That put a downer on the competition. When it was the Final 3, I definitely had Eric Gordon.

For the Dunk Contest, I had Glenn Robinson III vs Gordon in the Finals, and Gordon was a HUGEEE upset. I wonder if his ankle injury has anything to do with it? Since he's been injured for the last few weeks.

The shooting for Sager was my favorite thing about Saturday Night....
Also, I had Team World winning as well.

Totally agreed, it was a bit of a let down- especially the dunk contest.

I also had Thomas beating Porzingus... but kinda edited after Hayward beat him #ConfessionTime- Least I had Porzingus in the final I guess!

I was certain it was going to be Gordon from the moment the contestants were announced. Just wasn't feeling it for Klay.

Dunk contest was a real let down. I can't give Gordon the ankle injury- if it was bad enough to mess up the dunks, he should have withdrawn and done it next season. I felt DJ's dunks were under-scored. Especially the first one.

I scored the dunks as followed:
Round One:
DJ 9 (Had creativity and skill. Factoring in his size too)
Robinson 9 (Just didn't buy the 10 hype though I felt the scoring across the board was generous this year apart from DJ )
Jones Jnr 9 (Would have been 10 had he done it first time)
Gordon 8 (Would have been 10 had he done it first time and also he took so many attempts)

Round 2:
Gordon 7
DJ 8
Jones Jnr 10 (Dunk of the night imo)
Robinson 8

So I would have had DJ and Robinson have a dunk off for the final to face Jones Jnr (who as the commentators all remarked, if he enters next year, he'll walk it). Then the final dunks, again disappointing from Jones Jnr who just couldn't get it off. Robinson's last dunk was immense.

What DJ should have done is invite Mark Cuban out there, run to dunk over him, stop, send him away and bring out Steve Balmer

I agree, the Sager bit was fantastic- funny seeing Steph miss all those shots though. The jokes about him saying 'I should do it in one but give me three attempts' was likely what he said before Game 5 of the finals last year and others are just hilarious. If you haven't seen them, here:

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/0...ailure-tweets/

As for Sager's son, nice moment but I do have one small bone to pick- he should have either shot it from the ground or when Shaq lifted him he should have dunked it. I know- being harsh on a kid- but seriously, dunk the ball. TNT and others are saying it was a dunk- it wasn't. It was a layup! I'm joking... sorta

Last edited by Almeida's Army; 02-18-2017 at 11:52 PM
Old 02-19-2017, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That was so much pressure on Steph Curry. I felt for him. lol I know he had to be upset in his mind because he knows he can shoot it, but it's so different from shooting it in the game, and just coming out there with your clothes and shooting the shots. lol

They just wanted him to get the 500k. lol

I expect the West to win this AllStar Game...