Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2016, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
I'd love us to win tonight at least and to make it competitive the rest of the way. I wanna go down fighting. But what you say about JJ/DJ etc can only get baskets really from CP3s assists, is exactly the reason CP3 is by far the second best player in the league behind Curry. With CP3 in the team, we have the second best offense behind GSW. Without him? Second worst, just ahead of the 76ers. Heck there is a really strong case to be made that if we're taking MVP as just that (ie most valuable) you could make an argument that CP3 is more valuable to the Clippers than any other player is to their side. Massive massive blow

I love CP3 but he isn't the second best player in the league to me. Since I don't feel like getting in a debate, I won't explain those reasons now. but moving on. lol

I do feel that people forget how Blake Griffin did without CP3 a few years back as well. He carried the team just like CP3 carried the team this year when Blake was out.
Just upsetting we couldn't see a healthy playoffs in 2016.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

I love CP3 but he isn't the second best player in the league to me. Since I don't feel like getting in a debate, I won't explain those reasons now. but moving on. lol

I do feel that people forget how Blake Griffin did without CP3 a few years back as well. He carried the team just like CP3 carried the team this year when Blake was out.
Just upsetting we couldn't see a healthy playoffs in 2016.
I know, but I was explaining it was those stats which convince me is is the second/first most valuable. Best, now that's a different discussion, but if we're talking value, tthen those stats just speaks volumes to me.

I don't think people are forgetting Blake doing what he did when CP3 was out, which is why people have said- media members and fans- that the Clippers would likely have won this series if Blake was even vaguely himself. But with both him AND CP3? No chance. I think best case scenario is we win tonight, lose the next two. As I said, if we're to have any chance in this series, JJ/DJ= Kobe/Shaq. That is our only hope. Otherwise? We're stuffed.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Lucky for Clippers, is that the Blazers aren't world beaters and bad for Clippers is that Lillard doesn't need to worry about CP3 anymore.

I think that Blazers are definitely going to win, however, I give Clippers a chance because crazier things has happened.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Lucky for Clippers, is that the Blazers aren't world beaters and bad for Clippers is that Lillard doesn't need to worry about CP3 anymore.

I think that Blazers are definitely going to win, however, I give Clippers a chance because crazier things has happened.

I give them a shot at winning tonight, but not the series. I think if we lose in a close Game 7, I'd be gutted (obviously) but I'd be fine with it and proud of the effort of the guys out there. I think Austin will step up to the plate tonight and make his dad, coach and GM proud of his decision.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Damian Lillard better have his best game of the series today though...
Old 04-28-2016, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Damian Lillard better have his best game of the series today though...
Austin and co kept him 1/10 in the first three quarters, but then he got hot and made 6 of his last 10 shots.... Put up a good fight for the first three quarters, then the lack of depth, lack of defensive and offensive prowess showed. Had Jamal been hitting shots or whatever we'd have won it but I'm proud of the performance....
Old 04-28-2016, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess at least Clippers will be taken out of their misery early because even if they went past this series, they have no chance in the next series.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i have Blacklist tonight and NHL playoffs . I will look in on Celtics , they had Atlanta on the ropes beginning of the last game but never kept up the pressure . tia we need this win to stay alive ..
Old 04-28-2016, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Of course I know that. Right now it's win or stay home. Hopefully we can force a Game 7.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was bad , turned on the game down 15 .. Then I saw it at 10 .. Came back 4 min to go , 15 pts down . So no more NBA or NHL playoff games till next year ..
Old 04-29-2016, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I guess at least Clippers will be taken out of their misery early because even if they went past this series, they have no chance in the next series.
I would have liked one more win but yeah, the sooner it's over, the sooner the inevitable happens and we can get started on planning for next season.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Matt, I wish Celtics played that great in the whole game, not just the late moments but still watching NBA.

Agree, Tim.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:53 AM
Elite Fan

That was one of the best performances of the year. So proud of the Clippers and Austin Rivers is just incredible with how much heart he showed. They gave it everything they had and then some. Outstanding. Just ultimately outmatched but if that game was based on effort and heart, we'd have blown them out- and that's not a dig at Portland as you could see with their offensive rebounds how much they wanted it, but when you can clearly see how gassed Crawford, Jordan, Redick etc were and when you see Austin Rivers and his heart of a lion playing with one eye... Felt very proud of the confidence, belief and sheer fight we showed.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As tia said or tim said, Give me the Celtics healthy and see how that series would have turned out .. I have no idea who is the favorite in NBA playoffs this season ..

On a sad note i lost my aunt who was 100 this week , big funeral on Sunday mourning , She was my dad's sister matriarch of our family .. Last year at this time i ;lost two people friends both to cancer , Ny Aunt basically had a great full life.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tim, I agree. It's just really too bad that the Clippers got injured. I really dislike when a playoff series is determined by it.

I'm so sorry Matt.