Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Wasn't surprised about Chyna but it was sad for her to die so young . Prince death was a huge shock . Bruce Soringsteen played Purple Rain last night in Brooklyn . Hell Tia 10 days ago another wrestler ECW hardcore Balls Mahoney died ..

I only turned on the last 5 min of the Celtics then the OT . Final 3 pt shot , brought back memories past great Celtics playoff games ! So Tim told me we had no shot , that was 2 games ago

I was more sad for Chyna as well because of her tough life and always being rejected, and always being judge. I wish more people would've helped her over judged her. Now WWE is showing their fake colors.

Prince was completely shocking, it really came out of no where.

Purple Rain.
I think "I Would Die For You" is my favorite Prince song. I listened to that song on loop when I first heard it in the 90s. lol

I'm happy you at least watched the OT. Tim saying Celtics had no shot.
I called Celtics winning in six games... so that means Celtics need to win the next two and win the series. lol
In the Celtics history, we pretty much dominate the Hawks, so I'm hoping for a continually tradition.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tia growing up in Massachusetts and the success of the celtics in the 60-70 80's . hard not to be Celtics fan .. Hey if they get to round 2 I will go to a game . i saved a lot of money with Bruins NHL playoffs this season
Old 04-25-2016, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hopefully they make it to the 2nd round than.
When it comes to my favorite all-time Celtics, I have a difficult time choosing between Bill Russel and Larry Bird. Although I wasn't alive to see both live. lol I saw a lot of tapes on both of them.

Also I take the Lakers vs Celtics rivalry seriously.
My favorite Celtics team is probably the 2008 one or 2011-2012 one.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Technically, I never said Celtics didn't have a shot, I said it would be a 'long road back without Bradley' Remember, I had them to win the series in 7, and I always go down with the ship...except from when I'm wrong... in which case, it's straight to the life boats
Old 04-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm going for C's winning four straight. I hope I'm right. lol My 1/2 favorite team just got eliminated so I want one-half of my other team to make it to the second round.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Absolutely gutted CP3 and Blake out for the playoffs. Gutted. All I've got to say really. This is one of the worst days in franchise history. So gutted.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I always dislike when injuries decide to outcomes of the Playoffs... even though I didn't believe Clippers were making it out the second round anyway. It's sad it had to end this way.

The injury bug is really hitting the Western Conference right now.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I always dislike when injuries decide to outcomes of the Playoffs... even though I didn't believe Clippers were making it out the second round anyway. It's sad it had to end this way.

The injury bug is really hitting the Western Conference right now.
I think a fully fit Clippers side would have beaten a Curry-less Warriors side, and I've thought all season that we could take the Warriors fully fit to seven games... Guess we'll never know now Gutted, both as a Clipper fan and a basketball fan. Warriors vs Clippers would have been epic. Now best case scenario, Clippers scrape past Portland (Highly highly unlikely) and instead of the epic CP3 vs Steph Curry matchup I've wanted to see all year, it'll be Austin Rivers vs Shaun Livingstone, which doesn't have the gravitas or appeal to it.

But I think we lose the next two games and that'll be that.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really didn't want the Warriors or Clippers to be injured.
So it's upsetting we couldn't see a healthy team for both face off against each other for a great series.

I feel bad for the injuries, but it's sadly not the worst I've seen in the playoffs. I guess when you see it too much, you get use to it.
I feel for you though because it's your favorite team.

I think for Clippers, they will always look back to 2015 when they had the 3-1 lead against the Rockets. I feel that was the closest they ever came to a championship.

I keep telling people you can not keep saying "Next year this" and "Next year that" because you never know what can happen.
Enjoy and cherish the moment when you are in it.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks. Still bitterly disappointed. It does surprise me that you say that, after what I said about Derrick Rose as that was my arguement- you never know what is going to happen. Not buiding for the future, not trying to build a dynasty- just settle for one and then try and build on it and see how it goes then.

But one thing that is annoying me is all the people saying the Clippers should now blow it up. It would be madness, totally crazy should the organisation, or indeed the players involved, to blow it up. 24 hours ago people were genuinely, legitimately favouring the Clippers to make the WCF and possibly beyond. Now they're saying 'blow it up'?! That's all kind of stupid right there. CP3 is going to see this as unfinished business. The most I could see is Clippers trading DJ or Griffin for another win-now piece just to break the rut, though I really don't see the point in it tbh. We had a legit shot this year and I think we should capitalise on that and build upon it next year. Clippers need one piece to really go from top 3/4 teams in the league to the top 1/2 teams, and barring LBJ super-teams or KD sign and trades etc, I think (And Doc apparently agrees as we were after him around the trade deadline) is Rudy Gay. HE is the starting, scoring, defending SF we've needed all these years. Pierce can score but can't defend anymore, Green can score and defend on alternate nights, Johnson is a bench player and M'Bah Moute is a terrific defender but a lousy shooter. Rudy Gay would combine the best elements of all our SF options- and I do think that a starting 5 of CP3/Redick/Gay/Griffin/DJ could be the most deadly lineup in the league. But all that is for another day... I'm still too gutted tbh
Old 04-27-2016, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think people believe it's all about the #ClippersCurse which existed before you even started watching NBA.

I've never seen two franchise players get injured the same day from the same team. Just a shocker.
If anything, this is the time for DeAndre Jordan to step up. He was the one complaining about getting touches and it was suppose to be the reason he wanted to leave Clippers for the Mavs. So, this is really his time to show up or he really can't ever complain in the future.

I'm with you with not seeing the point of breaking the team up though....
Old 04-27-2016, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think people believe it's all about the #ClippersCurse which existed before you even started watching NBA.

I've never seen two franchise players get injured the same day from the same team. Just a shocker.
If anything, this is the time for DeAndre Jordan to step up. He was the one complaining about getting touches and it was suppose to be the reason he wanted to leave Clippers for the Mavs. So, this is really his time to show up or he really can't ever complain in the future.

I'm with you with not seeing the point of breaking the team up though....
Agreed on everything you just said. JJ/DJ need to play like the second coming of Kobe/Shaq if we have any hope vs Blazers.

I think Clippers need to move out of the Staples Center, preferably LA tbh. I wouldn't move them far as I hate moving teams away from their Fanbase so I may only move them as far as Anaheim but we need to get out from the Lakers shadow to succeed.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The main issue with JJ/DJ is that they all get their baskets assisted by CP3.
No one really can get their own basket. Austin Rivers need to have a great series as well.

I really think it'll be a shame for Portland not to win though. Like come on, they should be able to win this series.

Probably Clippers moving out of the Staples Center would be a nice start. They can still stay in California... after all the NBA do have four teams in California, Lakers, Clippers, Warriors and Kings.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No one really can get their own basket. Austin Rivers need to have a great series as well.

I really think it'll be a shame for Portland not to win though. Like come on, they should be able to win this series.

Probably Clippers moving out of the Staples Center would be a nice start. They can still stay in California... after all the NBA do have four teams in California, Lakers, Clippers, Warriors and Kings.
I'd love us to win tonight at least and to make it competitive the rest of the way. I wanna go down fighting. But what you say about JJ/DJ etc can only get baskets really from CP3s assists, is exactly the reason CP3 is by far the second best player in the league behind Curry. With CP3 in the team, we have the second best offense behind GSW. Without him? Second worst, just ahead of the 76ers. Heck there is a really strong case to be made that if we're taking MVP as just that (ie most valuable) you could make an argument that CP3 is more valuable to the Clippers than any other player is to their side. Massive massive blow
Old 04-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I'd love us to win tonight at least and to make it competitive the rest of the way. I wanna go down fighting. But what you say about JJ/DJ etc can only get baskets really from CP3s assists, is exactly the reason CP3 is by far the second best player in the league behind Curry. With CP3 in the team, we have the second best offense behind GSW. Without him? Second worst, just ahead of the 76ers. Heck there is a really strong case to be made that if we're taking MVP as just that (ie most valuable) you could make an argument that CP3 is more valuable to the Clippers than any other player is to their side. Massive massive blow