Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm gonna double post just for the latest NBA news alone. lol

Dang, it feels like each player is switching teams right now.
If LaMarcus Aldridge goes to the Spurs, they will be in the Western Conference Finals next season ... no question about it. They might be my favorite to win it all....
Monta Ellis to the Pacers, perfect move. Pacers need more offense and Monta Ellis might just be the answer, and Paul George healthy? They might be a top four team in the Eastern Conference if they can stay healty.
Greg Monroe to the Bucks? ... great for the Eastern Conference. We need more competing Eastern teams.

I'm all for FA's heading to the Eastern Conference. I want the East to get better so.

The biggest losers right now is: Knicks, Lakers, Mavericks and definitely the Blazers.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

Firstly, I have no idea where Aldridge will end up. Might be Spurs, but the numbers would be difficult to add up. Suns apparently impressed. And I'm not totally counting out Portland as, outside the Spurs, Portland have the best chance to win out of the teams he's talking to- Knicks, Lakers, Mavs, Suns etc. That Lillard/Aldridge combo is fierce. Even if he does go to the Spurs, I'm not sure they'll win the WCF... Warriors and Clippers (With an added Paul Pierce and Lance Stephenson, assuming DeAndre resigns... If not *gulp*) will definitely have something to say... In my opinion those 3 teams (Warriors, Clippers, Spurs) should be considered favourites over any Eastern team...

Last edited by Almeida's Army; 07-02-2015 at 10:08 PM
Old 07-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

LaMarcus Aldridge is just frustating me with all of his unnecessary meetings.
Superstars nowadays just love being catered at. They all want to be wanted. At this point I'm starting to believe Aldridge is just playing all of these teams because he loves being wanted, and having all this attention and will end up in Portland. lol
If not, Spurs is obviously the smartest choice.

I don't even care what happened in the playoffs last year, if Spurs get LaMarcus Aldridge, they will be in the WCF... assuming they don't get injured.
Also if Kevin Durant is back for OKC... watch out for them as well.
Clippers need to watch out for OKC and Warriors need to watch out for the Spurs.

I actually have OKC back as a top 3 seed if they are healthy.

If DeAndre Jordan leaves the Clippers, that would absolutely shock me cause I truly believe he's staying with the Clippers... and I'll miss the on tv friendship between Griffin and Jordan.
Edit: wow DeAndre really left for the Mavs. That is a shocker... I guess the 50/50 reports were so true. Now my Mavs just needs a point guard.

Last edited by eternalfate; 07-03-2015 at 02:19 PM
Old 07-05-2015, 01:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Stopping by to say hi!
Emily
Old 07-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

How's it going? How is your day going?
Old 07-05-2015, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

not a great week, i was at TD Garden in Boston and suffered a seizure . Next thing i know i am on strecher outside about to be loaded into a ambulance
Frankly i was more upset I missed the WWE live show and surprise apperance from the Rock . i am fine it is a matter of changing up medication . i had two major tests ,in the hosptal all showed no issues in my brain .
Old 07-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My goodness. I'm so sorry to hear that Matt. Seems as serious as it sounds.
Oh you was at that event. I heard about that Rock appearance... I'm just more happy you are alright over anything else.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanx , had to undergo 2 tests one a 40 min MRI and a cat scan . At least I know my brain is ok . I had hit my head , when I fell, so they had to make sure all was ok . Took a week off and my son and friends helped me out !
Old 07-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Thanx , had to undergo 2 tests one a 40 min MRI and a cat scan . At least I know my brain is ok . I had hit my head , when I fell, so they had to make sure all was ok . Took a week off and my son and friends helped me out !

Thank goodness all is a little well right now, and I am very happy you had people there for you during that time.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My son was great as was my friend Lisa drove me around for a week . Just adjusting to change in the daily medication
Old 07-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh okay, hopefully that's going along okay.
Tim you might can finally stop being sensitive and return to the OT thread since DeAndre Jordan probably changed his mind and is sticking with the Clippers.
Nothing if official until official signing.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Oh okay, hopefully that's going along okay.
Tim you might can finally stop being sensitive and return to the OT thread since DeAndre Jordan probably changed his mind and is sticking with the Clippers.
Nothing if official until official signing.
Haha not being sensitive just reluctant to give my thoughts until everything is signed- DJ may stay, he may go, but I'm reluctant to comment on the Clippers until I know the direction they're going in- whether DJ is returning, whether they're going to go small and have Blake at centre (Which I think could be great and good fun to watch), whether we trade for Haywood's contract to flip for a Noah or Pekovic or whether we trade Crawford for Chalmers and Birdman or whether we simply get Javale McGee and Kendrick Perkins for Shaqting the Fool related purposes! There are just too many questions and avenues atm, that I'm reluctant to talk too much.

In regards to the rest of the free agency, Spurs have taken a massive leap on paper. But, as we saw when Nash and Howard signed with Kobe and Pau and Lakers- while it looks great on paper, in practice it may not work...

Also how is it that Cavs seem to be giving so much money to players, as well as trying to take on the second most expensive contract in the leaguee, while the Clippers are struggling to sign Javale McGee?! Same with the Spurs to an extent, but at least West is playing for the minimum and they have made moves to accomidate the moves they've made.

I think regardless who signs DJ (And part of me would prefer it if he left, we played small with Griffin at center and make a strong push for Durant next summer- who if we did sign would cause the worlds biggest backtrack in the history of backtracks from me considering how much I don't like the Thunder, Durant and especially Westbrook. If we signed Durant... all those posts on all these OT Threads may be conviniently edited ), but I'd be willing to bet that Mavericks vs Clippers will be either Opening night or more likely the late game on Christmas Day. And likely a playoff series too. Written in the stars...

This whole Jordan thing is absolutely fascinating- seems to be another twist every few minutes. Great drama regardless. Also don't see the hate towards the Clippers- if one of your star players reached out and voiced second thoughts, as an organisation you have to explore that. I mean, just say Aldridge said 'I want to stay in Portland', do you think the Blazers would ignore that and say nah, we're good thanks? Or last summer with Lebron- he goes to Pat Riley and says 'Yeah may have made a mistake' would Pat really just say, 'Thanks but we're good, we've signed Danny Granger and Josh McRoberts'? Of course not. So I don't blame the Clippers for seeing if they can try for their first option again, especially when Dallas mainly got their second interview because of how close Cuban and DJ's agent are...
Old 07-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Haha not being sensitive just reluctant to give my thoughts until everything is signed- DJ may stay, he may go, but I'm reluctant to comment on the Clippers until I know the direction they're going in- whether DJ is returning, whether they're going to go small and have Blake at centre (Which I think could be great and good fun to watch), whether we trade for Haywood's contract to flip for a Noah or Pekovic or whether we trade Crawford for Chalmers and Birdman or whether we simply get Javale McGee and Kendrick Perkins for Shaqting the Fool related purposes! There are just too many questions and avenues atm, that I'm reluctant to talk too much.

In regards to the rest of the free agency, Spurs have taken a massive leap on paper. But, as we saw when Nash and Howard signed with Kobe and Pau and Lakers- while it looks great on paper, in practice it may not work...

Also how is it that Cavs seem to be giving so much money to players, as well as trying to take on the second most expensive contract in the leaguee, while the Clippers are struggling to sign Javale McGee?! Same with the Spurs to an extent, but at least West is playing for the minimum and they have made moves to accomidate the moves they've made.

I think regardless who signs DJ (And part of me would prefer it if he left, we played small with Griffin at center and make a strong push for Durant next summer- who if we did sign would cause the worlds biggest backtrack in the history of backtracks from me considering how much I don't like the Thunder, Durant and especially Westbrook. If we signed Durant... all those posts on all these OT Threads may be conviniently edited ), but I'd be willing to bet that Mavericks vs Clippers will be either Opening night or more likely the late game on Christmas Day. And likely a playoff series too. Written in the stars...

This whole Jordan thing is absolutely fascinating- seems to be another twist every few minutes. Great drama regardless. Also don't see the hate towards the Clippers- if one of your star players reached out and voiced second thoughts, as an organisation you have to explore that. I mean, just say Aldridge said 'I want to stay in Portland', do you think the Blazers would ignore that and say nah, we're good thanks? Or last summer with Lebron- he goes to Pat Riley and says 'Yeah may have made a mistake' would Pat really just say, 'Thanks but we're good, we've signed Danny Granger and Josh McRoberts'? Of course not. So I don't blame the Clippers for seeing if they can try for their first option again, especially when Dallas mainly got their second interview because of how close Cuban and DJ's agent are...
I'm sure you wish you could backtrack your DeAndre Jordan comments, about him being a betrayer? because realistically as I said he isn't betraying if he did decide to leave because when you are a free agent you are free to leave. Lebron James left... talk about betrayal, he left his hometown on national television after promising them a championship. Ray Allen went to the rivarly team in the Heat... which was the absolute betrayal.

That is two things you can call betrayals. Not a player deciding he wants to leave a team when he's a free agent because if that's the case, majority of all the NBA players are betrayers. The only time it's called betrayals if you leave as a free agent is if you go to the enemy or you up and dump your team on national tv after false promises.

Now about DeAndre Jordan, whether he still or leave, he doesn't look good. Leaving.... he comes off as leading Clippers on and now going to Mavericks, he comes off as a person who doesn't keep his word and unreliable. I think it's like 100% he is back with the Clippers but the way DeAndre handled this whole situation has been pathetic. He makes Dwight Howard free agency looks like a role model. lol He basically lead Mavs on, and seven days later... there is no free agents left for Dallas to sign. He should have just shut his mouth, really thought about where he wanted to go and made the decision. I DJ at this point to stay with Clippers. No need to have a player who wants to be tampered and changes his mind all the time. Dallas should have players who is 100% committed to be with the organization.

Spurs to me is the best team in the league heading to next season. Regardless of what the other teams do. They are my favorites.

Cavs is just resigning their players to huge contracts. They definitely seem like the best team in the East next season.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I'm sure you wish you could backtrack your DeAndre Jordan comments, about him being a betrayer? because realistically as I said he isn't betraying if he did decide to leave because when you are a free agent you are free to leave. Lebron James left... talk about betrayal, he left his hometown on national television after promising them a championship. Ray Allen went to the rivarly team in the Heat... which was the absolute betrayal.

That is two things you can call betrayals. Not a player deciding he wants to leave a team when he's a free agent because if that's the case, majority of all the NBA players are betrayers. The only time it's called betrayals if you leave as a free agent is if you go to the enemy or you up and dump your team on national tv after false promises.

Now about DeAndre Jordan, whether he still or leave, he doesn't look good. Leaving.... he comes off as leading Clippers on and now going to Mavericks, he comes off as a person who doesn't keep his word and unreliable. I think it's like 100% he is back with the Clippers but the way DeAndre handled this whole situation has been pathetic. He makes Dwight Howard free agency looks like a role model. lol He basically lead Mavs on, and seven days later... there is no free agents left for Dallas to sign. He should have just shut his mouth, really thought about where he wanted to go and made the decision. I DJ at this point to stay with Clippers. No need to have a player who wants to be tampered and changes his mind all the time. Dallas should have players who is 100% committed to be with the organization.

Spurs to me is the best team in the league heading to next season. Regardless of what the other teams do. They are my favorites.

Cavs is just resigning their players to huge contracts. They definitely seem like the best team in the East next season.
Well, I will likely have to backtrack massively on DJ and maybe betrayal was too strong but he did let us down massively, because he left us with very little option, especially when the Hibbert move fell through. And I genuinely couldn't understand why on earth he'd leave, when his numbers would plummet without CP3, because he's a player that needs great guards and while the front court of Dallas would have been fine, there would be no back court and he'd need a point guard to get him the ball. Also Clippers are in a much better position to win championship next year than Dallas (though for me the Spurs are favourites but in my mind, it will depend on who gets home court advantage if the WCF is Spurs vs Warriors... I think it will be Spurs, which is why I'm backing them but I'm if GSW get home court, I'm not going against them at Oracle) but the Clippers would definitely be in the conversation with the Stephenson and Pierce addition and now Wesley Johnson which is a nice pickup. Plus, Dallas promised him he'd be Shaq like and average 20-20 when no one has done that since Wilt Chamberlain! It's practically impossible. He didn't average 24-20 when Blake was injured he average 15-18 which is fantastic numbers but they're not 24-20 which Cuban told him.

You know what? I absolutely 100% agree with you. I think Jordan has handled the whole situation horribly and while I don't like the way Parsons practically stalked him or the way Cuban gave him false information regarding his stats, I do feel really sad for the Mavs if, as is looking more likely, he stays in LA. And while on Friday I was fuming at the whole situation, reading some of the information like one of the main reasons he was leaving was that CP3 didn't high five him enough, I mean like seriously?! That's pathetic- great reason to turn down $30 million! I had kinda gotten used to and grew to like either trading for Haywood's contract and turning it into a Noah or a Pekovic, or playing a fun, fast paced offense with Blake at the 5, and I had visions of CP3 and Blake being the new Nash and Stoudamire- I was half hoping they'd appoint D'Antoni as assistant coach! Plus I was liking the idea of making a play for Durant next summer. I'm not fond of his attitude throughout this process and indeed throughout last season, having the audacity to complain because CP3 and Doc wanted him to improve on his free throws- seriously, get a grip and get to the gym! If you want CP3 to get off your case, practice them free throws! But I absolutely agree with you. In regards to there being no free agents left, I do think a little bit of blame falls on Cubans head... Had he agreed to the Pacers/Mavs/Clippers sign and trade, maybe we're not in Dallas right now, or maybe we can find a way of getting the Mavs Hibbert but instead he's heading to the Lakers so I do think had they agreed to that deal they could have had an option... But otherwise I agree entirely with what you say...

Oh yeah I know that's the Cavs are doing but I don't understand how they are financially able to do so...
Old 07-08-2015, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Well, I will likely have to backtrack massively on DJ and maybe betrayal was too strong but he did let us down massively, because he left us with very little option, especially when the Hibbert move fell through. And I genuinely couldn't understand why on earth he'd leave, when his numbers would plummet without CP3, because he's a player that needs great guards and while the front court of Dallas would have been fine, there would be no back court and he'd need a point guard to get him the ball. Also Clippers are in a much better position to win championship next year than Dallas (though for me the Spurs are favourites but in my mind, it will depend on who gets home court advantage if the WCF is Spurs vs Warriors... I think it will be Spurs, which is why I'm backing them but I'm if GSW get home court, I'm not going against them at Oracle) but the Clippers would definitely be in the conversation with the Stephenson and Pierce addition and now Wesley Johnson which is a nice pickup. Plus, Dallas promised him he'd be Shaq like and average 20-20 when no one has done that since Wilt Chamberlain! It's practically impossible. He didn't average 24-20 when Blake was injured he average 15-18 which is fantastic numbers but they're not 24-20 which Cuban told him.

Well not really. Blake Griffin and CP3 are superstars and we still in the team. So Clippers still would've made the playoffs... now LaMarcus Aldridge left Blazers hanging. I feel for Damian Lillard. I feel bad for the Blazers, they probably had one of the worst off season because of trades that I remember in history... of all my time of watching NBA. Four Stars from the Blazers are gone. Like Damn. This will be like a rookie year for Damian Lillard.

I agree, I didn't get why DJ would leave as well. It never made sense to me. Which is why all of this today makes even more sense. My WCF is Thunder vs Spurs if everybody is healthy... but we shall wait to see.

I don't think Dallas promising him to average 20-20 was actually impossible. Dirk Nowitzki is probably the more unselfish star in the NBA... with Tim Duncan so he surely wouldn't mind him getting the ball every time down the court. AND 20 points would be easy to get since he wouldn't have been a 3rd option and Dallas is a horrible rebounding team. So not really that impossible.

Quote:
You know what? I absolutely 100% agree with you. I think Jordan has handled the whole situation horribly and while I don't like the way Parsons practically stalked him or the way Cuban gave him false information regarding his stats, I do feel really sad for the Mavs if, as is looking more likely, he stays in LA. And while on Friday I was fuming at the whole situation, reading some of the information like one of the main reasons he was leaving was that CP3 didn't high five him enough, I mean like seriously?! That's pathetic- great reason to turn down $30 million! I had kinda gotten used to and grew to like either trading for Haywood's contract and turning it into a Noah or a Pekovic, or playing a fun, fast paced offense with Blake at the 5, and I had visions of CP3 and Blake being the new Nash and Stoudamire- I was half hoping they'd appoint D'Antoni as assistant coach! Plus I was liking the idea of making a play for Durant next summer. I'm not fond of his attitude throughout this process and indeed throughout last season, having the audacity to complain because CP3 and Doc wanted him to improve on his free throws- seriously, get a grip and get to the gym! If you want CP3 to get off your case, practice them free throws! But I absolutely agree with you. In regards to there being no free agents left, I do think a little bit of blame falls on Cubans head... Had he agreed to the Pacers/Mavs/Clippers sign and trade, maybe we're not in Dallas right now, or maybe we can find a way of getting the Mavs Hibbert but instead he's heading to the Lakers so I do think had they agreed to that deal they could have had an option... But otherwise I agree entirely with what you say...

Oh yeah I know that's the Cavs are doing but I don't understand how they are financially able to do so...
Cuban didn't give him false information, it's called selling. Every team does it, we'll never know what could've happened. Parsons did nothing wrong, just did his recruiting. He did the same for Dwight Howard to come to Rockets. Parsons just does what he needs to recruite whether he passes or fails.
Me and you will definitely be on different sides for the Clippers next season cause although I love Blake Griffin, my respect... or any respect I had for DeAndre Jordan has gotten thrown out the window. Mavs are my favorite team, Dirk is my favorite player. No way in hell I'm rooting for the Clippers to do anything amazing... I just can't wait for them to stay trapped into the 2nd Round again next season, that will be the highlight of my season.

I wouldn't have cared if DeAndre Jordan just choose Clippers from the beginning but pulling this sht in the last minute? and then the disrespect to not even answer Cuban or Parson's phone calls? like that's something a little child would do. I love Blake Griffin but I can't root for the Clippers to do anything well next season. I can't even enjoy what use to be my favorite NBA friendship DJ and BG.

I don't think the blame for lack of free agents is Cuban's fault. Wesley Matthews agreed to sign with Dallas and then DeAndre lied and told them he would sign with them, and that then for sure made a start of a foundation of Cuban finding pieces to build around DeAndre Jordan... but then 360 in the last minute put my Mavs in a tough spot, and it's embarrassing to the organization.

I know... and Cavs still haven't resigned Lebron James yet.