Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

24 The Movie Discussion #3: No more speculation (for now) the show is returning!

#2 Fan Poster

# 3

IMDB

24 (2013)

Writing credits
Robert Cochran (creator) &
Joel Surnow (creator)

Mark Bomback screenplay

Cast

Kiefer Sutherland ... Jack Bauer

Now that you’re doing this series, what is the status of the 24 movie?

Do you see the movie as a conclusion to the story in the series?

SUTHERLAND: I see it as a continuation. The script that we’ve got right now, which I’m very, very excited about, is relatively a direct continuation. It’s within six months from the end of the last episode. We’ll see where it goes from there.

The plan for the movie is still two hours, and not in real time?

SUTHERLAND: It’s two hours, representing 24 hours. The movie is not in real time. It’s a two-hour representation of a 24-hour day.

Is everybody from the cast back?

SUTHERLAND: I can’t say that.

However who can we expect to join Jack Bauer‘s crusade against unspeakable and as of yet unknown evil? After some hesitation Kiefer hints: “As it stands now there is room for someone like Elisha Cutherbert, and there certainly is room for Chloe [Mary Lynn Rajskub], and we will have to see what happens.”

Latest News

Cuthbert keen for 24 movie role - 10/20/2012
Elisha Cuthbert has admitted she's still hoping a 24 movie could be in the pipeline.
The 29-year-old actress, who starred as Jack Bauer's daughter Kim in the hit TV series, said a script for the much-anticipated film "exists".
"It would be a shame not to do it, because I think a lot of people are hoping it will happen. So maybe one of these days, we will see," she said at a red carpet event launching the third season of Happy Endings in Los Angeles.
"I know it's there, and it exists, but I have no idea when it's happening, to be honest with you."
Elisha said she'd met 24's showrunner Howard Gordon recently.
"I ran into Howard, who is obviously busy with Homeland but is also involved with the 24 film, at the Emmys and he said it's there but it's all about timing," she explained. "We'll see - I'm available!"
She added: "I didn't want to bug him too much because I'd heard a few things, and how I fit into that, but who knows? By the time we end up doing it and if it happens, what they may need or how it would change, I don't know."
Both Elisha and the series' star Kiefer Sutherland, who plays Bauer, have taken on television roles since 24 wrapped in 2010. The actress is reprising her role as Alex in the third season of the E4 comedy series, while Kiefer plays a father in supernatural thriller Touch.
Source: MSNUK

Last edited by Logan; 10-24-2012 at 05:50 PM Reason: fixed font size
Old 10-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Good news at last
Well somewhat.... Elisha wants to be in the movie, but we still don't know when it's happening. I'm so happy Elisha wants to be in it, cause she's the main person Kiefer [of course] who I want to be in it.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Elisha was on GMA this am ,plugging her show Happy Endings . Asked about 24 movie , she gave what seems to the standard reply.... that it is on all depends on timing of Kiefer schedule . to start the move , She said as far as she knows, she would be a part of it but nothing is signed. Elisha has a TV filming schedule too ...

It really looks like early Spring to start .... Again do not know what his film role schedule is
Old 10-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think we will get the same response until filming actually starts...
Old 10-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Lets discuss some movie plots
Old 10-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really isn't even suppose to be posting on this thread no more. I just don't know what to post here since it's really no kind of movie news.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I really isn't even suppose to be posting on this thread no more. I just don't know what to post here since it's really no kind of movie news.
Re-read the title though- 24 Movie Discussion- More speculation as we wait for a filming date... so... lets speculate
Old 10-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well yeah, I created the title having nothing else in mind. lol
Speculation, Kim will definitely be in the movie trying to find her father....
Old 10-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well yeah, I created the title having nothing else in mind. lol
Speculation, Kim will definitely be in the movie trying to find her father....
Old 10-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tia hope you don't mind fixed the font you're post couldn't read it ..really thought it was op ...

CraveOnline: Has anyone called about the 24 movie?

Elisha Cuthbert: Yeah, well we were going to do it last summer. We had everything geared up and we were really this close and then [Kiefer Sutherland] was busy [with “Touch”]. He wants to do it. It’s just to fit it in, it’s ultimately up to the big guy.

CraveOnline: He says it’s penciled in for next spring now.

Elisha Cuthbert: Yeah, but he always says it when he’s got something coming out. Have you ever noticed that? We always talk about the movie when we’ve got a show, a Broadway show, the movie’s coming. We’ve got a new show, the movie’s coming. And he’s done it to me. I’m like, “We’re doing it, we’re doing it.” I saw him at Paramount and we had a great conversation. He’s like, “Get ready.” Not doing it. It’s okay, it’s okay. You know what, it will happen. It will happen. The script’s there. He wants to do it. It’s just got to be the right timing and it’ll be there and the fans’ll be there. It’ll be all right.

CraveOnline: Have you ever run into Jon Cassar?

Elisha Cuthbert: I have run into him and he’s doing well. I’ve also run into Howard Gordon [who is] doing “Homeland” now. I’m just so proud of them and what they’ve done and what they’re doing. It’s great. I never thought I could go back to doing a dramatic thing because how can I live up to “24” and they’re doing even better. It’s unbelievable. That’s a task.

CraveOnline: Have they let you see the movie script yet?

Elisha Cuthbert: No, no. I know where I come into the story and where I come out and that’s about it.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I could read it pretty well but it's okay. lol
It's good Eliza really seems interesting in the movie!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Most direct information on how close the movie was to being filmed , She knows her role but obviously not the whole story or perhaps what she knows was told not to speak of the plot .

Again it all on Kiefer to step up clear his schedule and do this period.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Okay if they were to recast all the 24 cast for the movie with massive Hollywood actors/actresses, who would you cast? Characters both alive and dead...
Old 10-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Would not be interesting in watching it.
Probably if 24 started from like a comic or something, and different version of the show always came out... like Superman. lol I'd be happy. lol

Or if it was another version of 24, with different character I'd get behind that more.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Would not be interesting in watching it.
Probably if 24 started from like a comic or something, and different version of the show always came out... like Superman. lol I'd be happy. lol

Or if it was another version of 24, with different character I'd get behind that more.
I don't understand a word