Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-12-2010, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

24 Day 8 Ep 8X17 8:00 am-9:00 am 4/12/10

"Day 8: 8:00 am - 9:00 am" - 9 \ 8c

-- "24" -- (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT)

PRESIDENT TAYLOR MAKES A RELUCTANT CALL AND JACK MAKES AN UNPRECEDENTED EMOTIONAL MOVE ON AN ALL-NEW "24" MONDAY, APRIL 12, ON FOX

Emmy Award Nominee Gregory Itzin Returns

As the country reels from the day's devastating events, stalwart President Taylor attempts to resuscitate the peace agreement, the cornerstone of her administration. Much to her dismay, she is forced to solicit the services of disgraced former President Logan (guest star Itzin). Meanwhile, Jack Bauer makes an unprecedented emotional move that triggers the unthinkable, and back at CTU, Chloe is charged with new responsibilities in the all-new "Day 8: 8:00 AM-9:00 AM" episode of 24 airing Monday, April 12 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-817)

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer; Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian; Cherry Jones as Allison Taylor; Annie Wersching as Renee Walker; Anil Kapoor as Omar Hassan; Mykelti Williamson as Brian Hastings; Chris Diamantopoulos as Rob Weiss; Katee Sackhoff as Dana Walsh; Freddie Prinze Jr. as Cole Ortiz; John Boyd as Arlo Glass

Guest Cast: Bob Gunton as Ethan Kanin; Frank John Hughes as Tim Woods; Necar Zadegan as Dalia Hassan; Nazneen Contractor as Kayla Hassan; Mido Hamada as Samir; Joel Bissonneette as Pavel; Gregory Itzin as Charles Logan; Sarah Hollis as Presidential Aide; Reed Diamond as Jason Oillar, Navid Negahban as Jamot; Graham McTavish as Mikhail Novakovich

Last edited by Logan; 04-12-2010 at 04:59 AM
Old 04-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY WHY WHY

RENEE of all the godamm cast memebers they have to kill off Renee in Ep 17 I could have understood ep 22 -23 -24

Logan back and based on previews up to his old tricks again . He had better bite the dust this season Gregory Itzen gave me a smile when he tried to make excuses for Season 5 emmy award winning performance and out of his past but sure he owned up to it ..

Cherry jones is one fire this season great stuff from her tonight.

Chloe runs CTU took only 6 seasons !

Still in shock more later
Old 04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Passionate Fan

I know, I was screaming for Renee to get down of the bed. DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wanted Jack and Renee to be together. After all that both have been through. I'm least glad they got to make love. Logan that snake. I hope someone shots him in the head, possibly Martha anyone. I'm glad Chloe is fully in charge now. Please either kill or torture Dana, heck let Chloe shot her.

RIP Renee...

Old 04-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

final scene of Renee from Walker count

Renee Walker’s Final Scene | Walkercount
Old 04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

WOW for some reason I knew something bad was going to happen once they looked at the Teri picture cause I remember that Jack can just never get a break Everyone relationship he has goes in the gutter it's so sad

RIP Renne
Old 04-12-2010, 08:26 PM
MST Manager

Jack can NEVER catch a break. He couldn't be happy for more than one minute. Admittedly, I was more upset about what Renee's death will do to Jack more than anything else. He was literally CRUSHED. Keifer played the scene perfectly.

I am glad Chloe is in charge now. She deserves it after everything.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
Jack can NEVER catch a break. He couldn't be happy for more than one minute. Admittedly, I was more upset about what Renee's death will do to Jack more than anything else. He was literally CRUSHED. Keifer played the scene perfectly.

I am glad Chloe is in charge now. She deserves it after everything.
I was thinking the same thing when I was watching the scene I think it's time for Jack to just go with his family
Old 04-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Henry Cavill

Wow! I'm in MAJOR SHOCK they killed Renee off! I LOVED her! I never shipped Jack with anyone before Renee and I thought FOR SURE they'd end up together. GAH! I'm SO UPSET!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Jack just can never get a happy ending
Old 04-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)
Jack just can never get a happy ending
That is so funny, you have no idea the other meaning of that sentance
Old 04-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
That is so funny, you have no idea the other meaning of that sentance
Um......

Jack can have a happy ending with his family though should he have listened to Chloe in Episode 2 of this season and came back to help
Old 04-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tia i will let it go , but one day google happy ending slang definition and you will see what i mean

ok back to last night here is the real story behind the major death

Credit EW.com

'24' exclusive: The real story behind last night's killer episode!
by Michael Ausiello

Categories: 24, News, Scoop

Last night, yet another of Jack’s love interests bit the dust, this time his female counterpart, Renee. And while the outta-nowhere tragedy will no doubt spin our hero off into another vengeance-seeking spiral, I’ve got questions. Lots of questions. Like, was the decision to whack her made before or after the show’s recent cancellation? How did her portrayer, Annie Wersching, take the news? And most importantly, why was she killed?! Exec producer Howard Gordon phoned me to answer all of the above, and he tackled another burning mystery as well:

Who determines how many minutes it takes for Jack to make love to a woman?
When did you make the decision to kill her off?

HOWARD GORDON: At the very beginning of the season. I even told Annie and Kiefer [Sutherland] that that’s where the story was going.
What was their initial reaction when you told them?

GORDON: They both got it because it was a pretty simple story, one true to form for the show. We really were looking for an emotional anchor for Jack, and it was brought up very early in conversations about where Renee was, what she was up to, and how they would reconnect. But the idea that Jack again has this chance at happiness at the beginning and somehow this person — who he’s influenced in the last year — chooses to make this decision that has had terrible consequences for her and Jack and for which Jack feels responsible was really the hook to me about why Jack is really sticking around this year… We knew Jack and Renee would get a chance to reconnect, but there’s always been the moment of breathless real-time sex that we’ve looked for during the last nine years and it was something Kiefer and I talked about. And it felt like when else can they possibly do it than at the end of this story? And as you’ll see, the ramifications of [her death] are obviously what the rest of the season is all about.

Was there some doubt or internal debate about whether this was the right decision?

GORDON: Yes. We always have some doubt when we do certain things. We had a couple of thoughts and concerns, but the way the story fell it had to happen… My wife was literally in tears watching it. And when I can make my wife cry [watching 24], I know I made the right decision.

Where does Renee rank among the loves of Jack’s life?

GORDON: No one ever understood Jack more deeply than Renee, [so] she may have been his greatest love. Jack was always segregating — even with Audrey Raines, who he loved but who represented another world. A world that he had chosen to join and hang up his gun. So when that story started it was a very conscious choice on Jack’s part: I fell in love with this woman; I’m going to put on my suit and hang up my six-shooter. With Renee, she knew the worst part of Jack going in. Jack was the guy being brought up in front of this House Sub-committee and was a monster as far as she was concerned. He had done terrible things that were against the law that she could never imagine endorsing herself, but, of course, she finds herself in a similar position by the end of the season. Part of it, too, is that [Jack] has never had a romance that was in real-time. We saw every moment that Jack and Renee were ever together. So in that sense, it was the most 24-specific romance ever.

I thought it was interesting that you cut away from Jack and Renee for two whole acts after they started making love. Did a lot of thought go into how long it takes Jack Bauer to make love to a woman?

GORDON: Oh absolutely. And, by the way, Jack and Renee were not by any means done. I think this was probably closer to Round 1. I mean, he was just getting a glass of water. So yes, we were very sensitive about it because it’s a very sensitive thing. We really wanted to do it as tastefully and virile-y as possible for a man like Jack Bauer.
I can only imagine how that conversation went.

GORDON: [Laughs] Trust me, it was a funny and a fun and a real conversation.
Was Kiefer involved in that discussion?

GORDON: Yes, he was.

How does Jack bounce back from this?

GORDON: He doesn’t. This is a game-changer for him. It’s like all deaths. He’s lost something he can’t get back. He has a way he wants it addressed, and if he doesn’t get satisfaction and justice, you know, he’s gotta find another way. But it really does set things in motion that are pretty profound for the character and it’s a place I don’t think he’s ever gone before. It’s as dark and complex and as combustible as any place Jack’s ever been.

Switching gears, your last day of production was last Friday. How’d it go?
GORDON: It was an incredibly emotional day. I’m just so incredibly proud to be a part of it… This has been an incredibly strong season. I can [only] judge it in terms of what my own opinion is of the show and what I hear about it anecdotally from the people who are friends and family, but I feel very proud of this year. Kiefer is very proud of this year. People are happy to be ending with such creative vigor.

Wow so this was all decided before the season started ,very interesting .more in a interview with People magazine from Annie on her demise to be posted in her thread
Old 04-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

They killed Renee? Bummer!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:30 PM
MST Manager

I definitely did NOT like Renee and Jack together romantically, but I didn't want Jack to lose her because I know how much she meant to him.

So sad that Jack had sex for like the first time in YEARS (well, that we've seen, LOL) and then a tragedy happens 45 seconds later.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

annie part of Tv guide interview on what her death does to Jack

TVGuide.com: Renee is the only woman to have sex with Jack Bauer on TV. How was shooting the scene like for you and Kiefer?

Wersching: It was definitely scary. He was like, "I've been asked to do this one other time in my career when I was 18, and they never asked me again." It was a big decision for him to commit to whether or not he really wanted to do it. There was also the option of starting to and having her be shot. It was all about the logistics of getting a shirt on him for when he takes her to the hospital; it was bad enough he was barefoot. They wanted it to be that we were just pausing for a second and were going to go back.

TVGuide.com: How will this affect Jack in the final episodes of the series?
Wersching: Poor Jack cannot get a break. As you can imagine, he wants to take care of every single person who was involved with this ... I'm so sad that I died, but she's very much still there in these last episodes all the way up until the end. For the most part, he goes rogue and wants to do things that people don't want him to do. Of course, he's Jack Bauer, so he finds a way to do them.

TVGuide.com: There is a fine line between justice and revenge, though.
Wersching: Definitely. He's in a scary place for what that line is in these last episodes. He's a tragic hero. To be the one that makes him freak out in the final run of 24 is a pretty amazing role to have.