Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

24 Day 8 Ep 8X09 12:00 am -1:00 am Feb 22 2009

"Day 8: 12:00 Mid - 1:00 am" - 9 \ 8c

JACK BAUER FIGHTS INTO THE NIGHT ON AN ALL-NEW "24" MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, ON FOX

As Jack Bauer enters the early morning hours, the nation remains vulnerable and President Taylor presses on with her international peace process. With the possibility of colossal failure facing CTU, people start looking at who is to blame and things get personal when operatives take matters into their own hands in the all-new "Day 8: 12:00 MID - 1:00 AM" episode of 24 airing Monday, Feb. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-809) (TV-14; V)

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer; Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian; Cherry Jones as Allison Taylor; Annie Wersching as Renee Walker; Anil Kapoor as Omar Hassan; Mykelti Williamson as Brian Hastings; Chris Diamantopoulos as Rob Weiss; Katee Sackhoff as Dana Walsh; Freddie Prinze Jr. as Cole Ortiz; John Boyd as Arlo Glass

Guest Cast: Akbar Kurtha as Farhad Hassan; Mido Hamada as Samir; Ethan Rains as Ali; Rami Malek as Marcos Al-Zacar; Merle Dandridge as Kristen Smith; Jüergen Prochnow as Sergi Bazhaev; David Anders as Josef Bazhaev; Julian Morris as Agent Owens; Clayne Crawford as Kevin Wade; Michael Filipowich as Nick Coughlin

Visit The 24 Site

Last edited by Logan; 02-22-2010 at 09:37 AM
Old 02-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for putting this up. I'll post my comments on Sunday night or next Monday.

Vicky
Old 02-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Vicky you get the previews right after the episode right ? Best line for Tonight ,as seen in the promo, "son you had better put that down before you get hurt " Jack to CTU guard... you figure if you work at CTU you know Jack bauer's history and know a guard with one gun won't stop him !!
Maybe CTU NY has no idea of jacks past and what he is doing . Better line might be "son I was electrocuted for 25 min and before that stabbed in the gut and as you see i am still standing" ." Oh did I tell you in the last 2 hrs i have killed 6 men" ....
Old 02-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

Nope we don't get the previews, although we get the odd promo during the week if you watch that channel so I often miss them.

Love that line.

Vicky
Old 02-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope I enjoy this episode a whole lot better then I enjoyed last weeks episode
Old 02-22-2010, 10:02 PM
MST Manager

I think it was.

Even from the preview, it looked good.

Good line from Jack.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jack basically professing his love for Renee in the way Jack does without using love ....

I was waiting for the name drop when Jack told Brian about running CTU . I wanted him to name Michelle Bill and Tony ,all former CTU heads .

nice way to end the Jenny/ Dana storyline #1. How cole delt with it and Kevin as he we was dying yelling out "jenny" as Cole tuned around blew away the other scumbag ....

just not sure how they either cover it up or Cole has Dana come clean to hastings about her past and the stolen money ... What is there future .

Hastings and Chief of Staff Rob ,trying to cover there asses ,well mostly Hastings .

Never saw it coming with Hassian giving up or perhaps he felt they wanted him out of picture .

Jack as always stepping up ,not letting some young rookie go in blow the operation ....
but as always he knows how to bargain . Renee is free and clear and he goes in full tilt !!

Off note i still love jack Bag ,man that bag is going on what 5 seasons !!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:38 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
Jack basically professing his love for Renee in the way Jack does without using love ....
Gaah.

I was afraid they were going to go there w/ them.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know but he has to he has done so much for her and she went in undercover put her life on the line for everyone to get a lead ...

jack is a man he wants Renee more on this in the Jack and Renee thread !!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 AM
MST Manager

I know he has done a lot for her. I am just not a fan of them having a romance. That's all.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
I know he has done a lot for her. I am just not a fan of them having a romance. That's all.
It's alright, I'm not a fan of Cole/Dana together at all and they are[were] actually together so...
Old 02-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Had to add this CNN Showbiz article about last night here ,thus those who have not seen the episode won't be spoiled

The Marquee Blog Watch Showbiz Tonight on HLN at 11pm ET/PT
February 23, 2010
I pledge allegiance... to '24'

Posted: 08:34 AM ET
"24": Day 8 - 12 a.m. to 1 a.m.

Let's get right to it. This week's episode of "24" is the kind of episode we (a) pump fists for, and (b) pledge allegiance by.
Bauerites, we have liftoff. I've been pretty hard on the show in recent weeks, and many on this blog stood united on that front. We have been wanting more from Jack and the show to this point, and finally, we got the goods. The only word I can think of for this week's episode is fantastic. Seriously, that's the only one.
The show was so fantastic that I actually heard a CTU Senior Analyst say "My name is not Dana Walsh." (Me speaking to the TV: "Excuse me? Your name's NOT Dana Walsh?") Now, try to picture me raising up in my comfy "watching 24" chair, finally freed from the ball-and-chain of the dreaded Dana/Kevin storyline.
matt note we all agree horrible storyline glad it is over

Freedom from this incredibly dumb subplot? Thank you!
Color me giddy as Cole got Dana's location coordinates downloaded to his PDA (a signature "24" move). I know for a fact Bauerites across this great land were rejoicing as the story unfolded. I was ecstatic.
Of course, I never thought for one second that Dana was going to "off" the beat-up van guys. Let's review, shall we?
Patented, quiet drive-up in her car? Check. Pistol? Check. Silencer to attach to pistol? Check. Actual guts to murder these clowns? Nope. I didn't believe it for a second, but Cole swooping in to deliver his message to the bad guys earned him some bonus points in the process. Well played Cole Ortiz, well played indeed.
As for Renee taking the fall, that interview scene was simply riveting and downright awesome. For the record, I'm not saying I cried when the single tear began taking that journey down her cheek, but I looked away briefly - and I'm OK with that.
Meanwhile, how about Farad Hassan? He went from sinister mastermind to cowering, wounded guy running for his life pretty quickly. I didn't see that one coming, but he never impressed me as a guy who could pull any of it off anyway. As far as I'm concerned, just take it easy Farad. If Jack and the CTU gang doesn't make it to you, you won't make it either. That's kind of how it goes when you double-cross your brother and get double-crossed buddy.
Next week should be another great show, and I'm excited. In honor of this week's extraordinary episode, I've decided to "go Bauer" all day today. My coworkers will get plenty of "copy thats" when they say "good morning" or "goodbye", and a few unsuspecting colleagues will be asked to "download the schematics of the fax machine to my blackberry" when I have trouble using it, because that's exactly what Jack would do.
Loved, kinda liked, or hated this week's show? Let us know!

Posted by: CNN.com staffer Dereyck Moore
Filed under: 24television
Old 02-23-2010, 07:21 PM
New Fan

Hey guys, new to this forum!
At least the season is moving forward a little. Glad the Dana/Jenny thing is finally ending, or that some people involved are dead - woop! thought it was an ok "filler" episode this week.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyBunny (View Post)
Hey guys, new to this forum!
At least the season is moving forward a little. Glad the Dana/Jenny thing is finally ending, or that some people involved are dead - woop! thought it was an ok "filler" episode this week.
Oh welcome to the thread, you should introduce yourself here: http://www.fanforum.com/f109/ctu-hq-...10-a-62837501/
Old 02-24-2010, 01:30 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)
It's alright, I'm not a fan of Cole/Dana together at all and they are[were] actually together so...
I don't really care about them either, LOL.

I am rarely, if ever, invested in any romantic couplings on this show, although some of them have sweet and good moments. But I definitely would not call myself a shipper of any romantic couple on this show by any means.

My favorite relationships on this show are Jack/Kim, Jack/David, and Jack/Chloe. Do you see a running theme here?