Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-03-2010, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

24 8X20 5 hrs left Day 8: 11:00 AM-12:00Pm May 3

"Day 8: 11:00 am - 12:00 Noon" - 9 \ 8c

JACK SEEKS JUSTICE AND VENGANCE LIKE NEVER BEFORE AFTER THE SHOCKING DEATH OF AGENT RENEE WALKER ON AN ALL-NEW "24" MONDAY, MAY 3, ON FOX

With only five hours left, the clock races toward the climactic series finale as Jack stops at absolutely nothing to avenge the emotional setback of losing his beloved partner Renee Walker. Meanwhile, the administration attempts to keep the historic and pivotal peace agreement on track as undermining forces surface in the all-new "Day 8: 11:00 AM-12:00 PM" episode of 24 airing Monday, May 3 .

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer; Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian; Cherry Jones as Allison Taylor; Mykelti Williamson as Brian Hastings; Chris Diamantopoulos as Rob Weiss; Katee Sackhoff as Dana Walsh; Freddie Prinze Jr. as Cole Ortiz; John Boyd as Arlo Glass

Guest Cast: Gregory Itzin as Charles Logan; Frank John Hughes as Tim Woods; Necar Zadegan as Dalia Hassan; Nazneen Contractor as Kayla Hassan; Joel Bissonnette as Pavel; James Hiroyuki Liao as Devon Rosenthal; Sarah Hollis as Presidential Aide; Reed Diamond as Jason Pillar; D.B. Sweeney as Mark Bledsoe; Navid Negahban as Jamot; Graham McTavish as Mikhail Novakovich
Old 05-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

wow not since Renee death episode have we had so much action great way to finish it off . Jack was done with her BS and lies ,she was a liability he had to kill. She tried to kill him several times so he had to do it .

Bye Bye Dana I really enjoyed Katee work in say the last 9 episodes . Kinda wish she was on the run earlier .Katee had said she lovers playing the tough action chick ...

Logan is next on my radar and Jack's based on the preview he meets face to face with the sniper who killed Renee that will not end well for him .

Love to see Jack in final ep kill Logan or at least get him locked up once more this time for good .. Hey put Logan in the same prison as tony .. Great way to start the movie !!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:03 AM
MST Manager

I wasn't able to watch last night. I'll have to watch the episode online hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Dana is gone, huh? Sweeet. Glad Jack took care of her.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

On Monday's episode of 24, Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) started off his laser-focused vengeance plan with a bang, shooting and killing shifty mole Dana Walsh (Katee Sackhoff) at point-blank range for what he perceived to be her role in the death of his girlfriend Renee Walker (Annie Wersching). Executive producer Howard Gordon knows that the fans won't be mourning Dana, but with only four hours left before Jack doesn't ride off into the sunset (see below), Gordon thinks it's important to explain what Dana's death represents in what he calls Jack's "descent into darkness."
Read TVGuide.com's Finale Preview for more scoop on 24's final episodes
TVGuide.com: Jack didn't have to kill Dana. Why did he?
Howard Gordon: That's exactly the point. In this episode, everybody is taken to a place that they've never been. We struggled with writing it; the actors struggled with acting it. It goes to the core of what Jack is experiencing right now: He's the judge and jury and executioner. He's taking what he perceives to be justice in his own hands. Dana has culpability in what's happened on this day. It defines the level of darkness he's descended to.
TVGuide.com: Why would you say this episode is important?
Gordon: To me, this is the episode where Jack's trajectory really gets defined and comes into focus, what we're going to see for the balance of the season. This is a very crystallizing moment. When Jack kills Dana unarmed, that's the first execution in his train of justice — or vengeance, depending on how you look at it.
Read our recap of Monday's episode
TVGuide.com: Do you think Dana's death carries any sort of redemption for the character?
Gordon: Whatever redemption there is for the character is in that very sad moment where you realize that she actually did love Cole. For the first time, the onion is peeled down to the nub and you see her vulnerable for the first moment. It's pathetic because she's obviously a sociopath, but she meant to reverse the position she put herself in.
TVGuide.com: You've had to do your share of defending Dana to the fans.
Gordon: She became an early target for certain people. People love to hate her, and they didn't quite know why. Very early on, this story became this crazy improvisation. We always knew she was someone with a past; we didn't quite know how deep that past went. [Executive producer Alex Gansa] had an idea: What if she's a mole?
TVGuide.com: Because that never happens on 24!
Gordon: That's one of the hazards of the show. We were all so scared to say it. We don't even allow ourselves to use some of the more obvious tools in the arsenal, but once Alex said it, it clarified the character for us. So we were able to back-trace it so she'd have a double-secret identity. It all came to the fore in Monday's episode. You realize that this woman fell in love with Cole. That was real. She tried to get herself out of the situation she got herself in. It really explains the improbable nature of how a juvenile delinquent from Rock Springs was able to manufacture an identity and insert herself into this top-secret organization. As improbable as it is, in true 24 fashion, it made its own kind of crazy sense.
24's Annie Wersching: Renee's death will make Jack spiral out of control
TVGuide.com: Do you think the fans were too hard on her?
Gordon: I think the fans were a little too hard on her. We all have Starbuck [Sackhoff's character on Battlestar Galactica] in our mind. She's played these strong roles, and here she was playing this demure, almost prim, goody-goody analyst in direct counterpoint to Chloe. There was something that was too good to be true about her. We had this hidden card that nobody knew we were playing. People were judging her prematurely.
TVGuide.com: What about the parole officer stuck in the wall? Is he just going to rot there?
Gordon: We made various attempts to reintegrate the fact that there's the body in the wall, but we justified it by saying the body wouldn't start to smell for another couple of hours. Right around, say, hour 25.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Great episode last night. Jack was on fire. When Jack shot DB Sweeney's character in the head without warning I knew Jack was unleashed. Major props to Katee Sackhoff for her work this season especially the last few episodes. Looking forward to next week
Old 05-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for posting that interview Matt.

I loved the Dana and Jack run down in NYC streets
Old 05-05-2010, 11:45 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
TVGuide.com: What about the parole officer stuck in the wall? Is he just going to rot there?
Gordon: We made various attempts to reintegrate the fact that there's the body in the wall, but we justified it by saying the body wouldn't start to smell for another couple of hours. Right around, say, hour 25.

I love the underlined part.

Thanks for the interview, Matt.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Recap of Ep 20 Via Fox.com

11:00am - 12:00pm

Prev Episode
Next Episode

Watch this episode
Episode Recap
Dalia Hassan addresses the world, thanking a visibly discomfited President Taylor for her integrity and moral courage. As Logan watches on TV, Pillar reports that Dana isn't cooperating, and that Blesdoe wanted confirmation on how to deal with Dana afterwards. Logan confirms that they're all committed to the same outcome, "not that I have any idea what you're talking about, do you understand?"
As Dana is waterboarded, Jack and Cole arrive outside the location where she's being held. Jack plans to cut a deal with Dana in exchange for the evidence. Chloe calls Cole, who continues the subterfuge as Chloe says she's never seen Jack like this before. Chloe asks Cole to make sure the psych officer is the first person Jack sees when Cole brings him in.
Jack and Cole go through the roof to get into the building, taking out the first team they encounter then using a stolen comm unit to lure the rest of security onto the roof. Jack breaks into the command station and gets Dana's location at gunpoint. He and Cole burst into the room where Dana is being tortured. Blesdoe grabs Dana and holds a gun to her head. He thinks Jack won't shoot; it's too risky... but Jack shoots him right in the forehead, shocking Cole. Using a stun grenade as cover, Jack and Cole make their escape with Dana.
Arlo informs Chloe that Agent Greer called and reported that Jack escaped and took Cole hostage. Chloe puts out an APB for Jack and informs the White House. Meanwhile, Jack demands from Dana the video file that implicates the Russian officials responsible for Renee's death. He can't offer her immunity, but he can offer to let her go. Dana doesn't believe him, so Jack pulls over and holds Dana at gunpoint, giving her three seconds to say the location of the file. Dana gives in; it's in a safe deposit box in her name. Dana turns to Cole and tells him that Jack is after revenge, not justice. She thinks he will kill everybody on that list, one by one, starting with her. Jack tells an increasingly torn Cole that Dana is just trying to get into his head. Jack only wanted Dana to think he'd pull the trigger. Cole continues to go along with Jack, but a seed of doubt has been planted.
Reporters grill Dalia about whether her new leadership position will be accepted by the people of the IRK. Tim Woods passes a note to the President, who read it and pales. She leaves the dais and meets with him privately. Not only has Jack escaped and captured Dana, but Logan is insisting on speaking to President Taylor immediately. She berates him for losing Jack; he assured her that Dana would be more secure in the hands of his private contractors. The President suddenly realizes she's on speakerphone and demands that Logan pick up the damn phone. Logan says he has a solution: appoint his aide, Pillar, to CTU and have him lead the manhunt for Jack. Taylor reluctantly gives her assent for an operational exchange, but that's it. She hangs up on him. Yet Logan pretends, for Pillar's benefit, that the arrangement is more cordial than it is. He tells Pillar to leave for CTU then meets with Novakovich and his attaché, Pavel. He asks Novakovich to have Jack killed. Pillar will feed him information about Jack's whereabouts from CTU over an untraceable phone.
Jack, Cole and Dana arrive at the bank. As Jack stands sentry in the lobby, Cole takes Dana into the bank. Dana desperately tries again to convince Cole that Jack's out for revenge, not justice, and would have pulled the trigger.
Pillar arrives at CTU along with his aide, Eden. Chloe questions why he's there. He says he's under Presidential orders, and it's time to stop treating Jack with kid gloves. As he takes command of the search for Jack, he countermands Chloe's order to use non-lethal force. Jack is armed and dangerous. The level of force to use against him is now unrestricted.
At the bank, Brian - a high school friend of Cole's - leaves Dana and Cole in a viewing room as he goes to get the safe deposit box. Dana tries to play on Cole's emotions again, and says she was going to use the video file as leverage to force the Russians off so they could be together. Brian brings the box and leaves again. Cole orders Dana away from it. He opens the box himself, to find a memory card... and a silenced gun. Cole shakes his head ruefully and takes the gun, but concealed under the gun is a device with a flash-bang charge, activated by the moving of the gun. There is a searing white light and a pop of sound. Dana uses the sudden distraction to knock Cole out with a chair and grab the gun. Brian hears the noise and rushes in. Dana shoots him dead.
Dana secretly puts the video card in her back pocket, then picks up the phone and calls 911. In a breathless, scared tone, she says there's a man at the front door that she's seen on the news, and she thinks he has a gun. "Oh my god, he's looking in my direction," she says, then hangs up. Dana regards the unconscious Cole, strokes his cheek tenderly, and exits the room.
At CTU, Pillar gets confirmation of Jack's location at the bank. The NYPD is dispatched to arrest him. Pillar calls Pavel and tells him that the NYPD will get there first; he'll have to take Jack out in custody. However, when the police arrive, Jack manages to escape, first taking one cop at gunpoint, then disarming his partner. With a sincere whisper of "Sorry," Jack shoots the officer in the foot, then pushes the first cop away and doing likewise. He takes their ammo.
As Jack runs after Dana, he shouts at passerby to call an ambulance; there are two policemen down. He pursues Dana through the streets to a construction site. Jack tricks her into using her last bullets by throwing his jacket around the corner where she's hiding. He corners her and asks if she killed Cole. "I could never do that," she breathes. Jack demands the evidence. Dana says they can still make a deal, but Jack isn't having it. He has her take the video card out and put it slowly on the floor. He then walks right up to her, his gun still trained on her. "Is there anything I can do?" Dana asks. "Nothing," says Jack, his face creased with pain and sorrow. And then, he shoots Dana, point blank. As she goes down, he empties more bullets into her with the force of revenge. Jack takes the video card, his eyes hard, cold and dead.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks info guy!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

took a look at the press release ad read some stuff with kiefer and mary lynn no spoiler per say looks like last 2 hrs are going to be intense .. Oh our old Russian Pres from Season 5-6 shows up in the final 2 hrs. Gee didn't know he was in town . ...with 4 hrs time left he is either already in Ny or say DC (only under a hour buy plane )
Old 05-10-2010, 04:07 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the recap.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I re-watched the ending of this episode the whole chase thing down the New York streets
Old 05-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This was a major part of jack/24 storyline as jack Cole got dana to go to the bank get the information on Russians major involvement is setting up Hassan . Dana saves Cole after tricking him then chase and shootout with Jack which normally doesn't end well .

Jack in the end not caring for anymore to do with Dana's BS, killing her point blank hey she was trying to shoot and kill him before he caught her .

also bringing the older episodes up that vicky has seen for her remarks .

As she said this is Ep what she saw last night (UK time )
Old 05-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

I'm thinking if Dana had been more cooperative then Jack would have considered letting her live, but it was clear she could not be trusted and therefore he had no use for her.

I loved Jack/Cole working as a team.

I really wish the President would come to her senses. In S7 she was so strong and now she's letting Logan call the shots. It's horrible. I would like to know her reaction to Logan's orders that basically needs killing and that they are allowed to use any force they want to apprehend him. I know she wants Jack brought in but after everything he has done she certainly wouldn't authorise his death.

Poor Chloe is in such a difficult position, I really hope she decides to help Jack, he needs a friend right now.

Vicky
Old 05-19-2010, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Jack/Cole team work is one of my favorite things this season and ITA Vicky the President was better in S7 cause she was strong and she called the shots whether people loved it or hate it and now she's letting someone else do it.