Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-24-2014, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Rose, I can't help but the smile at the similarity of our icons :')

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 03-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
Rose, I can't help but the smile at the similarity of our icons :')
awwww I just noticed. you're right♥
Old 03-24-2014, 09:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Would you add me please? I asked earlier but I know this place was in immediate shock.

☆Krys ☆
Old 03-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am scared I will never recover from this. I can't even look at food. I have barely slept for an hour since I saw the episode and I can't stop crying. I just don't know how to get over this.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

Old 03-24-2014, 11:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I'm not mad at Josh either. We're only the audience, it's his career and his life.
If he wants to direct or write or act other parts, being in a network show makes that very hard. I don't blame him at all.

As for the way his character left, I think there were better ways, even if they were going to kill him off. It feels violent and pointless, especially leaving things where they were with Alicia. He loved her, there's no doubt in my mind about it.

Yes terrible things happen in real life but if we can't count on fiction to tie up loose ends, what's the point?

Btw, the French movie that Josh shot a while back is headed for Cannes Film Festival. The reason it took so long was that they intended on presenting it last year but the movie wasnt ready so they postponed a year.
I agree with everything. I don't understand why people are so mad with him. Is his life and he couldn't think in the fans first.

But I think the writers made a bad choice killing Will. And I think it will make a lot of people stop to watch the show. Let's see.

Carissa
@carissinha

Icon by: Zalax

Last edited by carissinha; 03-25-2014 at 11:56 AM
Old 03-25-2014, 12:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Josh might do some theatre again but I think he'll be in indies and tv shows.
I think many people forget that prior to TGW Josh was on two other critically acclaimed shows, In Treatment and Sports Night. He's also had a fairly decent Indie movie and theatre showing. He'll be fine.

As devasted as I am with him leaving, I am glad that he's choosing to do so. Better he moves on that perhaps staying, becoming unhappy and starting to phone his performances in.

Here's the thing, he did fifteen more eps than he was supposed to do. The writers had ample time to craft a good send off. They chose not to. That's on them, not Josh.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily_Marie (View Post)
I think many people forget that prior to TGW Josh was on two other critically acclaimed shows, In Treatment and Sports Night. He's also had a fairly decent Indie movie and theatre showing. He'll be fine.

As devasted as I am with him leaving, I am glad that he's choosing to do so. Better he moves on that perhaps staying, becoming unhappy and starting to phone his performances in.

Here's the thing, he did fifteen more eps than he was supposed to do. The writers had ample time to craft a good send off. They chose not to. That's on them, not Josh.
I had noticed he was dissatisfied with the network TV structure of 22 episodes per season. He has complained several times in interviews. I often got the feeling that his heart was not that into it.

There's also the thing he would always get the supporting actor label on this show even when he has the material of a lead actor. There's also fact that the demographic watching the show will never give him the popularity that he deserves. The show is not popular with the younger audience, because it's on CBS. He deserves a cable show where he is the lead. He is such a talented actor.Comedy, romance, drama, whatever you throw at him, he is great at it. It's a pity he is so underrated. He probably thought it was time to change that., or maybe he just wanted a break to enjoy his married life.
Whatevr his reasons are, I don't blame him.

But the writers had 15 episodes to craft his exit, and all they thought of was how to milk maximum drama out of it. They did not give the fans' expectations much importance and that irks me the most. I think the writers underestimated the love the viewers have for Will and the Will/Alicia relationship.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
If he wants to direct or write or act other parts, being in a network show makes that very hard. I don't blame him at all
My wish is that he lands in season 2 of True Detective

Quote:
As for the way his character left, I think there were better ways, even if they were going to kill him off.
I calmed down a bit after yesterday and now I'm wondering why exactly they went that route,I know they brought back Asbuagh from the dead but this time it's diffrent,so I don't quite get why they chose the most definitive solution.

I have mostly problem with it because with Will they killed all the fics and any desire to rewatch Will and Will/others moments as far as I'm concerned.

As for dealing with death,they won't deal with it either,only show that ever dealt with it it's Six Feet Under and they won't came even close to that. So.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

The Sarah Silverman movie that he is doing is based on a book. He plays the perfect husband to a sex-addict wife. I think I am gonna read that book to see what his role is gonna be. Anything to get my mind off this.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Could someone add me too if i am not on the list...

Quote:
I had noticed he was dissatisfied with the network TV structure of 22 episodes per season. He has complained several times in interviews. I often got the feeling that his heart was not that into it.
True but he isnt the only one if you see some of Jules interviews she says the exact same thing... that then she finishes TGW she will not do Network again because of the 22 full episodes pr year... i think in genneral many TV actors are tired of that order of how cable gets to do the short shows and gets more recognized and they have the option to put more energy into it so they dont get tired (jules said as last as yesterday that it was hard work this time of year and they were tired)...

anway i wanted to know if there was an interest in us posting the things Jules said about him and his leaving in the facebook chat..?

Quote:
Btw, the French movie that Josh shot a while back is headed for Cannes Film Festival. The reason it took so long was that they intended on presenting it last year but the movie wasnt ready so they postponed a year.
is that the Bird people movie? I really look forward to see that!

Quote:
I am crying and grieving and a mess over the death of will but i have to agree fully here... i am glad he chose to leave instead of staying and being unhappy... he did 15 episodes more than needed because Jules asked what does that say? he wanted to leave a year ago but yet came back... and they have also mentioned he is still a part of the set family it isnt that he hates them or the show... he has just directed one episode... and jules mentioned he would hopefully do another next year... he really wanted to leave to focus elsewhere... we cant hate him for that... he has just gotten married my guess he might want kids... since an interview also mentions him wanting to start a family! and he has seemed more into directing... so i guess some of that and maybe some cable stuff and movies... at least that is what i assume... he might not have been as well known before TGW but as one said he has done other critical accailmed stuff before and movies... I think he will be fine too... and i wish im all the best and happiness though i griev over will i am happy for Josh...
Old 03-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

I am so confused. A part of me is like yes of course he has a right to leave but then another part of me is just so sad and slightly pissed that he left. The good wife was getting so much acclaim and recognition. and not only that but everyone was noticing how amazing JC was; fantastic performances one after another. I've never seen anyone convey so much emotion with their eyes. It's a role many other would do anything more. It was such a GREAT character. Tough, badass lawyer but not only that, a nice man with such a big heart.

I'm really devastated he decided to leave especially since he's said that he has nothing really planned tv/movie wise other than whats coming out. I know its better to leave with a bang, it's better to leave when you're at the top of your game but I am just so sad that I will not see Will Gardner on my tv screen anymore.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

I feel like I am grieving 4 things at the same time and it's consuming me: Will as a character, AW, KW and DW. Absolutely everything that I loved from the show is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodwifeAddict (View Post)
I am scared I will never recover from this. I can't even look at food. I have barely slept for an hour since I saw the episode and I can't stop crying. I just don't know how to get over this.
Same here. I have been only drinking water and that's the only explanation I can find for all the tears.

Quote:
Everyone complains. Jules complains. Christine complains. Even the Kings complain and talked to many times how the Breaking Bad writers (who are their friends apparently) keep asking them how hard it is to write 22 eps per season.

Quote:
I think the writers underestimated the love the viewers have for Will and the Will/Alicia relationship.
They must have. Or they chose to not give a crap.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I feel like I am grieving 4 things at the same time and it's consuming me: Will as a character, AW, KW and DW. Absolutely everything that I loved from the show is gone.
Same here. I just can't describe how SAD I feel. I keep telling myself, this show is not real, this character is not real BUT STILL....doesn't make It any less heartbreaking. I don't know
if I watch this show anymore after next week's episode. All I know that it next week, I'm/ WE ALL are going to be a mess.
Quote:
They must have. Or they chose to not give a crap.
THE SECOND. they chose not to care. yes they gave us som great moments in season 3 and then 4 and now flashbacks but WHY NOT LET THEM HAVE A CHANCE.
When I read that RK said, them as a couple lost steam, I wanted to punch something. They didn't give it time. Why couldn't the character be happy together for once?
Old 03-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
Same here. I just can't describe how SAD I feel. I keep telling myself, this show is not real, this character is not real BUT STILL....doesn't make It any less heartbreaking. I don't know
if I watch this show anymore after next week's episode. All I know that it next week, I'm/ WE ALL are going to be a mess
I have heard next week's episode is even worse. And as time goes by, they will eventually let Will go, and that's when I am stopping.

Quote:
THE SECOND. they chose not to care. yes they gave us som great moments in season 3 and then 4 and now flashbacks but WHY NOT LET THEM HAVE A CHANCE.
When I read that RK said, them as a couple lost steam, I wanted to punch something. They didn't give it time. Why couldn't the character be happy together for once?
They lost steam? I will stop reading what RK says and I regret the moment I started watching this show because this heartbreak is 100000 times worse than all the good moments we had.