Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know Josh decided to leave, but it was the writers who killed the character, right?

Quote:
If roles were reversed, and Alicia was a male lead, I would head to see the jilted female lover waiting in the wings and pining in the hopes of a look their way. I wouldn't want it for Will either.
Exactly! The show prides itself on having "strong female characters" but subverting the usual tropes by making the women the *******s is not exactly progress, is it?

Quote:
Which is not exactly a quality a male actor Josh's age with any further acting aspirations wants all over him.
Right. He left because he wanted to do other things and he's going them. Staying in the show in the hopes that Will would get an interesting storyline of his own while waiting for Alicia to decide they were "end game" about 20 mn into the last episode of the show...

Quote:
To me, its all the writing, and the lack thereof for anyone not currently sleeping with/ bffs with Alicia.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Omg I'm sooo going to watch MOS now like I still love Josh.

I don't know why would you hate him...tbh the mess the show is now he was god damn right to go away. He might have done more other episode after his bb was born but damn Kings only kill Will for shock.

JC left the good wife for 2 reasons. He wanted to be with his family and he didn't agree what was going on with Will in season 4 and he was right, Will was very little on season 4 cos that damn stupid politics season. That season was awful.

Glad I will have JC again to watch every week even if the character in MOS has just a couple of episodes.

Grissom and Cath allways my OTP coz she is THE WIFE FOREVER!!
[Avatar: missbuterfly
Old 05-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Glad I will have JC again to watch every week even if the character in MOS has just a couple of episodes.
They are known for bringing characters back so maybe he'll have more than that

Old 05-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but it was the writers who killed the character, right?
Yes but no. Even if they had not killed him and sent him to, I don't know, New York instead, AW would be dead which is, to me, as sad and devastating as Will being dead, so...

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 05-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yes but no. Even if they had not killed him and sent him to, I don't know, New York instead, AW would be dead which is, to me, as sad and devastating as Will being dead, so...
I really feel your pain. I hated to see A/W end, I really believed they were endgame. I have to say though, that the person Alicia has become now, I no longer believe she could be right for Will. I think Will saw Alicia as someone he would strive to be a better person for- and to me, that just isn't who she is, or what impresses her, anymore.

I liked Will beyond his relationship with Alicia, so while I was sad they didn't stay together, I was more like devastated when they killed him off so brutally.

To me, The Good Wife was never primarily about the romance. They could have let Will move away, and come back for an arc at the end and have him and Alicia re-unite- or had him guest star, and I would have been happier than with no Will at all. I would have even wanted to see him happy with someone else. I'm not a big fan of how they have amazingly talented actors on TGW twiddling their thumbs taking a backseat to Alicia, with no good storylines. Cary, Kalinda (formerly ) , Diane... I know CB takes it all with grace, but I don't believe she ought to (though she has the right to choose it) and I wouldn't blame her, or Matt, for walking either.

I think it is actually Chris Noth who got the sweet deal with the part-time gig and a few episodes here and there- as least they make those episodes count.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes but no. Even if they had not killed him and sent him to, I don't know, New York instead, AW would be dead
I'm sorry to say it was dead before he left. If they hadn't killed him, they could have brought him back for the finale, to give you the "end game" you always wanted, like they did with ER but I don't think they would have given up on all the drama and BS before that.

Quote:
I really feel your pain. I hated to see A/W end, I really believed they were endgame. I have to say though, that the person Alicia has become now, I no longer believe she could be right for Will.
You take the words out of my mouth. I was going to say A/W was dead because Alicia is pretty much the walking dead right now. I don't know if she has any emotion left but they don't show.

Quote:
I think it is actually Chris Noth who got the sweet deal with the part-time gig and a few episodes here and there- as least they make those episodes count.
I know, right? He has his own arcs, his own scenes, his own minions. Josh and Archie had to leave to get their own storylines.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I was going to say A/W was dead because Alicia is pretty much the walking dead right now. I don't know if she has any emotion left but they don't show.
One of the most bizarre turns for me, was that first Alicia ran away from, so it seemed, the 'emotionally charged' work situation with Will, and all his pesky feelings for her, and then so quickly was willing to dive in to a very similar situation with Finn.

Where on earth did she see things going with Finn? Did she have an conscience left at all for how things had gone with Will? Any learning to take from that? What do other peoples feelings mean to her at all? I think it's worrying that there are so many questions hanging over Alicia at this stage in the series.

People used to matter to her, and now (with the exception of maybe Grace or her cause of the week in court) they don't, and I just don't know why. I guess she'd just say it's 'too bad.'

They should have left in that line about her not having any friends anymore! At least it was the truth.

Last edited by lucy1984; 05-20-2015 at 09:12 AM
Old 05-20-2015, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
One of the most bizarre turns for me, was that first Alicia ran away from, so it seemed, the 'emotionally charged' work situation with Will, and all his pesky feelings for her, and then so quickly was willing to dive in to a very similar situation with Finn.
I agree. It feels like she learned nothing because they are trying to use Finn to explore things they wanted to do with Will but waited too long to do.

Quote:
What do other peoples feelings mean to her at all? I think it's worrying that there are so many questions hanging over Alicia at this stage in the series.
It should worry the writers. Like Aga said, to be able to care about characters, you need to have some insight into what they're thinking. Otherwise, you can't.

Quote:
People used to matter to her, and now (with the exception of maybe Grace or her cause of the week in court) they don't, and I just don't know why.
Again, she has no sound board. Not that I liked Kalinda being used for that but why haven't they given her another friend? Is JM worried just anyone can still her thunder or something?
Even Owen, who they brought specifically for that back in S2, is not around anymore. And we're left wondering what's going on inside her head.

If they're trying to play the opaque card to turn her into Kalinda, it's not working at all.

Quote:
They should have left in that line about her not having any friends anymore! At least it was the truth.
It is and it's not good for her. No Will. No Kalinda.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Not that I liked Kalinda being used for that but why haven't they given her another friend? Is JM worried just anyone can still her thunder or something?
Arguably, yes, she must be worried. After all, when Will died, it would have been natural to see many more Alicia/ Diane scenes- I did like the one good one we got. But I think JM severely limits her onscreen time with CB for fear of being upstaged. Both were seriously missing a shared ally- Will... what better reason to bond?

Quote:
No Will. No Kalinda.
Will, in the beginning, brought out this more innocent, in touch with her college-self, side of Alicia. Kalinda, then, the side of her that was able to kick back and have a little fun, show genuine interest in the person beside her. Now, both of those sides seem irrevocably gone.

IMO there has been this hollow-ness to her interaction with every man she's gone near this year. Maybe its that it's just impossible to invest in a character you can't relate to- and as you say, we get no insight from her relations with others.

I thought at one time they might give Elsbeth a more 'friend' role with Alicia, but instead they did that crazy episode.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Arguably, yes, she must be worried. After all, when Will died, it would have been natural to see many more Alicia/ Diane scenes- I did like the one good one we got. But I think JM severely limits her onscreen time with CB for fear of being upstaged. Both were seriously missing a shared ally- Will... what better reason to bond?
I never thought of it that way but it's a possibility. At least Christine never won an Emmy for TGW so she's safe for now
Seriously though, I'd have thought they would have to do some of that next year but it looks like it won't happen if they are de facto enemies.

At least she wasn't risking being upstaged by Finn

But honestly, if she was that worried about being upstaged, why didn't she exercize more of her power during casting and not after?
I'm sure her new firm will be a bunch of no-names no-talent minions

Quote:
Now, both of those sides seem irrevocably gone.
and it wouldn't be that bad if we were left with the feeling she learned or grew as a person from these interactions. But no.

Quote:
IMO there has been this hollow-ness to her interaction with every man she's gone near this year. Maybe its that it's just impossible to invest in a character you can't relate to- and as you say, we get no insight from her relations with others.
Or maybe that's the point. So that nobody outshines Alicia... but then nobody makes her shine either.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
But honestly, if she was that worried about being upstaged, why didn't she exercize more of her power during casting and not after?
I wonder if as JM was not (ahem) first or second choice for Alicia, CB was already cast? But I don't know the order. I also understand that from her days on Cybill, CB learned a thing or two about the dangers of outshining a diva, and could possibly have given AP tips/ commiserations. I know this sounds really petty, but sometimes I feel as well like it isn't fair that JM gets such well tailored clothes, whereas though CB always looks fabulous (because she is), for some reason her stuff does not always look quite as expensive and classy or well-fitted as Alicia. Like, CB could wear those plain colours and look great and stand out too, but instead they sometimes give her a gaudy pattern that almost seems to fight with her personality for notice, and also can be a little aging. They managed to make Amanda Peet look like she'd been dragged through a bush backwards also!/ rant over/ sorry for going off-topic! But sometimes I just feel like the two-tier system is soo obvious.

Quote:
At least she wasn't risking being upstaged by Finn
In some ways he was a sanitised, less physically magnetic Will. Which was maybe the point, in retrospect.

A Cary/ Alicia pairing seemed in the works (not romantically) for a while, but it seems like something maybe happened to derail that also? She was noticeably absent for much of his major storyline.

It seems kind of weird to one minute throw yourself in with someone at the expense of all your old friends and colleagues, and then abandon them so quickly after. Even just as a friend, there was an opportunity for bonding there. But instead, we get a more sanitised Cary too. And in a way they took away MC's chance for a more believeable romance storyline, which might have gone down better with fans, but rather have Kalinda toy with him, in a manner that serves neither very well, and keeps both sidelined- both in play, onscreen, but doing nothing new or especially interesting.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
In some ways he was a sanitised, less physically magnetic Will. Which was maybe the point, in retrospect.
lots of things make sense in retrospect, eh? Like Kalinda being mostly wasted on ****ing Blake scenes in S2.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:17 PM
Addicted Fan

First look: Josh Charles on 'Masters of Sex'

I never watched the show but he looks great!
Old 06-29-2015, 08:34 AM
Elite Fan

Damn now I want to catch up, we shall see

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Daaaaaamn I already couldn't wait for the new season, now I'm on pins and needles!

Thanks

Quote:
Caplan says Charles, who declined an interview request, "fits in seamlessly" with the cast and "brings a completely new energy" to the series, joining returning guest stars Sarah Silverman, Allison Janney and Beau Bridges. "Josh is just a fun hang."
Ok so:
- Josh is not doing interviews anymore (I wonder if he's worried he's going to be asked about the TGWgate )
- We already knew he was a fun guy
- Allison is back! YESSSSSS! Oh can we please get a scene with Josh and Allison? Pretty please????