Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Kalinda Sharma|Archie Panjabi Appreciation Thread #15 - She can make your heart beat faster, then break it in one scene!

Welcome to the
Kalinda Sharma | Archie Panjabi
Appreciation Thread

"Archie is smart and sensitive enough
as an actress to make anything fly.
An unusual talent"

- Sir Ridley Scott -

Supporter list
01. autumnღfairytale
02. Lennie1984
03. Full Throttle
04. Little_Grey
05. Eternal Flame
06. Brilliant Disguise
07. Libra
08. Lazy
09. alysummers
10. .: DoDs:.
11. Caribell
12. Kiki17
13. Gelfling
14. irishghost
15. own worst enemy
16. *MaryMgo*
17. Pan
18. alexis bledel the best
19. Mirani
20. Kalinda Smith
21. Leona1986
22. BepperGirl
23. Miss Femina
24. I'm Not Dead
25. Couch Tomato
26. Boots Electric
27. Solar
28. lkm
29. BK.
30. ChrissyDiva
31. light me up
32. Zuzoka
33. Lemon Tree
34. Broccoli
35. Vanora
36. Zuzoka
37. AnewFriend
37. RyeLyn
38. V_Elspeth
39. carissinha
40. Sonrisa_
41. EndlessღLove
42. Ylana
44. miss undercover
44. Jessxcs
45. I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus
46. winchesterboyz
47. Zouzou
7Sushmita
Michelle29

Filmography

Future titles
Because Archie can make the phonebook sound like the Kama Sutra
Because she doesn't need cigarettes to be smokin'!
Because nobody intimidates Archie and that shows through

Previous Thread

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 06-07-2012 at 11:40 AM
Old 04-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT hun

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

I can't get over how amazing Arch was in the latest episode
I made my icon.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Questions: Does Lana really have the power to stop the investigation into Lemond Bishop anyway?
Old 04-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots Electric (View Post)
Questions: Does Lana really have the power to stop the investigation into Lemond Bishop anyway?
I think it's not her decision to make, it's more a big FBI project. IF you remember back in S1 when Eli visits Lana at her office, and she brings up the Al Capone thing to him. It's a famous case where Al Capone is finally busted by the FBI and it was only due to dragging in IRS tax charges. It's hard to get organized crime in on murder charges, but white collar crime has a money trail that's legal and legit in court cases.

Hey did you read this? It's about the Kalinda/Lana scene. The Kings discuss it, and how they had to edit it to meet the CBS requirements and the censors. Obviously, what we seen on Sunday was half of what they really filmed. Seems like they really had to do a trick cut up on the clips.

Some people commented that the "kissing" was too lite, but maybe it's cut this way by censor requirements or they played it out that way to give it a more vulnerable emotional fade.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think it's not her decision to make, it's more a big FBI project. IF you remember back in S1 when Eli visits Lana at her office, and she brings up the Al Capone thing to him. It's a famous case where Al Capone is finally busted by the FBI and it was only due to dragging in IRS tax charges. It's hard to get organized crime in on murder charges, but white collar crime has a money trail that's legal and legit in court cases.

Hey did you read this? It's about the Kalinda/Lana scene. The Kings discuss it, and how they had to edit it to meet the CBS requirements and the censors. Obviously, what we seen on Sunday was half of what they really filmed. Seems like they really had to do a trick cut up on the clips.

Some people commented that the "kissing" was too lite, but maybe it's cut this way by censor requirements or they played it out that way to give it a more vulnerable emotional fade.
Yeah I saw what the Kings said. Interesting. I actually noticed the choppiness towards the end of their scene but that may be because I've seen it several times now Guess you can't get away with too much thrusting but they did the same with Will and Alicia so it's only right

The kissing was light but I didn't see a problem with that I just assumed it wasn't supposed to be anything deeper Either way, it wasn't something I focused on in that scene so I wasn't disappointed.

Seems like a lot of people don't really like Lana and to that I say I don't blame them. She's kinda the bad guy so I guess I can understand. I also understand that maybe she might be conflicted about it because of her obvious feelings but...umm yeah it ain't showing at the moment. But then I guess there needs to be some tension somewhere between Kalinda and Lana.

I've read a lot of people have been questioning whether Kalinda even likes Lana and I'd say I'm sure she's attracted to her and maybe considers her a friend but even I can see that Alicia is the only woman Kalinda loves, of course not in that way but the sisterly connection level
Old 04-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I've read a lot of people have been questioning whether Kalinda even likes Lana and I'd say I'm sure she's attracted to her and maybe considers her a friend but even I can see that Alicia is the only woman Kalinda loves, of course not in that way but the sisterly connection level
You made a good point. Sadly, I think Kalinda and Lana are just using each other. Lana lures Kalinda to join in FBI by sweet words, and Kalinda visits Lana to get her out of trouble by lovely caress. The only female friend Kalinda cares about is Alicia and I'd rather to see her back to Sophie.

Anyway, every case taken by L&G relies on Kalinda's magical works, so she scarcely has any screen time to run her own relationship. But after three seasons with our in-house investigator in solitude, it's time for her to settle down with one lover in her personal life. Now Cary's back, there must be a ton of stories to be told between those two.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

Seems like a lot of people don't really like Lana and to that I say I don't blame them. She's kinda the bad guy so I guess I can understand. I also understand that maybe she might be conflicted about it because of her obvious feelings but...umm yeah it ain't showing at the moment. But then I guess there needs to be some tension somewhere between Kalinda and Lana.

I'm of mixed feelings here because based on Ep19 Lana wasn't the nicest person, so Kalinda's fondness for her was questionable... BUT from the latest scene at in E21, I decoded something deeper and very complex emotionally going on between those two.

Yes, Lana is hung up about Kalinda, but I now get the impression that it might not be one sided as it seems. Kalinda seems to have been immune to people caring too much about her before, but I think since she's grown and stopped putting up such a huge shield since the post Alicia-Frendship end things have change.

I sort of get the vibe that Kalinda is at some point in her life where it's ok to care.

On the other hand in that "scene" when Kalinda brought up Lemond Bishop, and Lana said "Is this what it's about?", I think she was a bit hurt and then said the only possible reply after being manipulated and that is the stuff "i'm doing my job".

And it didn't look like cheap, easy make-out sex either. There was too much affection after Kalinda sort of eased up. We're talking tv sex, so it wasn't a rush job, and there was talking too, so it looked like a very real moment.

People who dislike the Lana character also want Cary to be Kalinda's lover and really can't deal with the same sex angle. Maybe they should get out of the morals of the 1800's and enter the 21st century? I'm straight and married, and I feel it's good acting, interesting characters and great actors that make this world fascinating. It's not generic tv, but some people feel comfortable and happy when things don't stray too far from their own lives rather than being challenged or given new views of the world. To each his or her own way, I guess.

**Wow. We'll have the entire summer left to talk about TGW. I can explain to you about my Kalinda/Peter/Alicia BRIDESHEAD REVISITED theory.

Last edited by AnewFriend; 04-23-2012 at 08:37 PM
Old 04-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
On the other hand in that "scene" when Kalinda brought up Lemond Bishop, and Lana said "Is this what it's about?", I think she was a bit hurt and then said the only possible reply after being manipulated and that is the stuff "i'm doing my job"
I think she knew she was being manipulated from the start but the reason was unclear. Just judging from her being initially surprised when she realized Kalinda suddenly coming on so strong after Lana chased her for two years (is that accurate? ) and suddenly she was "into her" Which is weird because I assumed they've kissed before and I also assume that Lana continued pursuing Kalinda because she saw some sort of attraction between them. Sure I know Kalinda leads people on...but that's not the point.

No I really think some people don't like Lana because she's trying to take down the lovely Kalinda--a character that is a fan favorite. Which is why I kinda hate that Lana is becoming the bad guy. In Season 1 she claimed to be on Kalinda's side. I understand she's doing her job but I'm hoping for her redemption somehow some way.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think she knew she was being manipulated from the start but the reason was unclear. Just judging from her being initially surprised when she realized Kalinda suddenly coming on so strong after Lana chased her for two years (is that accurate? ) and suddenly she was "into her"
Really, i thought that "suddenly into..." remark was sort of ironic and sarcastic because in Ep 19, she tried to embarrass her at the FBI cafeteria, and in Ep 14 left when the phone rang, like it was all some sort of game.

But after reading the Kings interview in EW, I think they have to use this sort of dialogue because they can't talk like real people and swear.

Real and more Cable version of Kalinda and Lana, not approved by CBS and commmercial mainstream major network censors.
Lana: *******, what? you want to **** me now? After I spent two years chasing, and trying to get you to **** me. Geez..."
Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
People who dislike the Lana character also want Cary to be Kalinda's lover and really can't deal with the same sex angle.
Nuh-uh. So far, Sophie, Lana, Dana and other ladies like them approached her only for her capability, expertise and information, not her. Only the people come from L&G, including Cary, sincerely treat her in the nicest way. Perhaps Klinda's subplot will stall at this point until Lana gives up her hunt for Bishop or even quits FBI and finds and a harmless job instead.

Quote:
**Wow. We'll have the entire summer left to talk about TGW. I can explain to you about my Kalinda/Peter/Alicia BRIDESHEAD REVISITED theory
Huh, this could be the script of a flashback episode, showing Florrick family's old time in that old house and Peter's one night stand with Kalinda who used to work for him. It is insufferable that countless great TV series and reality shows end in May, and from June to October, there is almost nothing worthwhile to watch.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
Nuh-uh. So far, Sophie, Lana, Dana and other ladies like them approached her only for her capability, expertise and information, not her. Only the people come from L&G, including Cary, sincerely treat her in the nicest way.
Have you read the TGW Facebook page? Check out the comments. They can't even remember the names of the others like Sophia, and only mention how they hate same sex scenes and prefer Kalinda with someone like perhaps Cary.

Cary put Kalinda in Jail! How is that nice or sincere? Alicia was hard and snubbed Kalinda the whole year for the Peter thing? How is this sincere or nice?

The L&G people can be as ruthless and selfish as any other character on TGW. Some are only more up front about it or lie to themselves or in the case of Kalinda finally being personally conflicted and willing to face their own faults.

Well... I like the Lana story with Kalinda because they have loads of chemistry, and it draws out alot of great acting scenes for Archie everytime. The stuff Archie and Jill have done so far on TGW is highly entertaining - it's been different each time. I think they have alot of fun with it and the producers, writers and the actors like to go out of the usual TGW case of the week routine and have Kalinda talking to non- L&G employees to add flavor and depth to the character.

***Just a side comment, but isn't American mainstream network commercial TV kind of weird about the standards of censorship in regards to "kissing"? There's some rule about not using alot of open mouth tongue, whereas if you see European regular tv commercials even kids use their tongues for deep kissing, it's not a big deal about it like it's too sexual or aggressive or bad. I guess it's the American views toward religion that changes the TV ratings guidance rules. And the other part it being such a huge money making industry that profit motives have to be carefully evaluated. American tv is big business, and exploitation is a big part of it.

Last edited by AnewFriend; 04-23-2012 at 10:21 PM
Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Cary put Kalinda in Jail! How is that nice or sincere? Alicia

was hard and snubbed Kalinda the whole year for the Peter thing? How

is this sincere or nice?

The L&G people can be as ruthless and selfish as any other character

on TGW. Some are only more up front about it or lie to themselves or

in the case of Kalinda finally being personally conflicted and willing

to face their own faults.
Fortunately, Alicia forgives her for now and Cary offers a lot of help when Kalinda comes to his office for a case. It is unbelievable that Cary once put her in jail -- maybe that's a simple mistake, not an intentional act, I'll rewatch that episode to check out --- but Alicia had deeply experienced how much her husband's affair hurt the whole family, so to some extent it is understandable for her to put the tantrum on Kalinda when she heard that her closest friend was involved in her messy family issue although it was long time ago, even before she came to L&G and met Kalinda. As long as they are working in the same firm under the same roof, time will turn her flame of ire to ember. Indeed, L&G people are as selfish and ruthless as other characters, but at least it makes this show a little closer to reality and farther from an imaginary and surreal utopia like Boston Legal in which the firm only needed Alan Shore's mouth to win every case it took without any necessary evidence to show. Anyway, throughout this season, Kalinda is at a disadvantageous position in the firm, it should be changed in next season. Good night.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Gees**** on a ******** pike (Debra Morgan feelings)...
that!!

Quote:
Lana: *******, what? you want to **** me now? After I spent two years chasing, and trying to get you to **** me. Geez..."
Geez? What is this? Family ties? How about "**** that!"?

Quote:
Honestly she needs another Emmy her acting is subtle and so beautifully heartbreaking sometimes.
I think that was her Emmy reel for the season. A season that has been so wasted imo especially on the acting side. I wish they would give the ladies more to do and not just in the last two episodes when they realize they don't have a reel.

Quote:
I must ask, where do you guys think this story is going? Will Kalinda end up on the run or shot by one of Lemond's henchmen?
no. There's no way they're getting rid of Kalinda. She's too popular for them but they can't afford to lose her ratings-wise.
I was really not sure where they were going with that ex investigator telling her to get out while she can though.
They already don't know what to do with Kalinda when she's investigating at the firm, they are having a hard time keeping Will involved while he's on the bench (not that I care since he was the focus of 75% of the season) so I don't see what they'd do with Kalinda wandering away even for a few episodes. Or is it the S4 way to write her out like Blake was in S2 and the A/K feud in S3?

Quote:
She is everything I aspire to be in life! She is a real life honey badger with just one weakness. Alicia.
and it's a huge one. I'd love to have some of her qualities, starting with her poise and her grace under pressure but I don't know about being her. It's got to be very lonely to be Kalinda.

Quote:
love him on the good wife and need more scenes with him and Kalinda. Kalinda looked floored by him.
Seriously! They wanted her to be more vulnerable, fine, I can roll with that. But Blake or Cary? seriously? They have to bring the big guns if they want Kalinda to get off her game! Bishop is big enough, thanks.

Quote:
Lana and Kalinda is the most doomed ship on this show. Well, most of the ships on this show are doomed but all of Kalinda's especially. There's not even an ounce of happiness for her
Like I said in the episode thread: first Burton with the suspicions, then Donna and Blake, then Sophia being married, now a ****ing drug dealer??? Is it me or is the ****block getting worse, even dangerous??
That nurse from S2 seems harmless enough. I think maybe we should ask her back just so that Kalinda can get a little regular sex
Or maybe she should go back to stranger sex with no ties. It's not good for you but honestly her lovers have been worse!

Quote:
So Jill Flint isn't booked for Season 4 thus far so I guess Lana will be gone for a while again
Probably until the November sweeps or the February ones. Let's face it, it was just by accident that this episode didn't make it to the sweeps.

Quote:
And oh Lana, oh Lana...I kinda wanna slap your face right now.
Awwww why? I know it's easy to see things from Kalinda's point of view because we love her and all but Lana just doesn't think she's pushing Bishop that hard and she wants to take him down. He's a big big big drug lord. She's not doing it for career advancement.
Btw, can anyone enlighten me on the details? I know they don't really care about being really credible (Ham Sandwich anyone?) but did Kalinda work for Bishop or not? If she did, what did she do? And why would Bishop pay her by check???!

Quote:
Unlikely. I'm really not sure why she would go to Bishop to talk about Kalinda's taxes though. Again I know it's just a pretense but it makes no sense. Shouldn't she go to Kalinda to get her to flip on Bishop instead? And if she was pressuring Kalinda by talking to Bishop then why not tell her "you want to save your ass? work with me to put him away then"??

Quote:
well it's not Bound! I thought it was reasonable, it's not cable so they have to keep it subtle but I like that they are making the interview to tell viewers it was the network messing with K/L this time and not them

Quote:
The kissing was light but I didn't see a problem with that I just assumed it wasn't supposed to be anything deeper
I would have expected... more heat after 2 years of foreplay but I was fine with it.

Quote:
Seems like a lot of people don't really like Lana and to that I say I don't blame them. She's kinda the bad guy so I guess I can understand.
Well we went over this already. And of course they are not going to like her more now but bad guy? I don't see it. I guess they just have trouble seeing several points of view. Life is so much easier when everyone's either a villain or a hero.

Quote:
You made a good point. Sadly, I think Kalinda and Lana are just using each other. Lana lures Kalinda to join in FBI by sweet words, and Kalinda visits Lana to get her out of trouble by lovely caress.
Oh I think that was the very first scene where they were totally honest with each other and there was no using. Well not at the end anyway. Lana doesn't care if Kalinda works for the FBI, she is only using that as an excuse to get close to her.
As for Kalinda she usually has an agenda related to work but this time it was about more than that, which is why she switched to honesty, for possibly the very first time in the show, she dropped her guards down.

Quote:
The only female friend Kalinda cares about is Alicia and I'd rather to see her back to Sophie.
the only problem with this is that Sophia is stuck in SVU.
And you mean the only friend Kalinda cares about, period, right?

Quote:
I sort of get the vibe that Kalinda is at some point in her life where it's ok to care.
but that doesn't mean she will. It's not like there's a timer on it. She'll care when there's someone who makes her care.

Quote:
On the other hand in that "scene" when Kalinda brought up Lemond Bishop, and Lana said "Is this what it's about?", I think she was a bit hurt and then said the only possible reply after being manipulated and that is the stuff "i'm doing my job".
No I don't think that's it. She didn't sound pissed or hurt. She looked concerned, then struggling, but never pissed. She kept touching Kalinda's face, she had her hand on her shoulder and she didn't back off or raise her voice. She said that it was her job because that's the only way she could explain, even to herself, why she couldn't let it go.

Quote:
But after three seasons with our in-house investigator in solitude, it's time for her to settle down with one lover in her personal life. Now Cary's back, there must be a ton of stories to be told between those two.
not to be mean but what stories? Anything we haven't seen 250 times in all poorly written teen dramas on CW and other networks? What's even remotely interesting in that when they have so many more possibilities to explore with other characters. Remember it's Kalinda we're talking about, right? She's neither ready nor willing to "settle" especially not down, with anyone. Cary least of all and judging by the tone in their last conversation, that poor storyline seemed dropped at last.
I was cringing in advance when I saw him call her in the hallway because I thought for sure they were going for the "awww babe, you're so vulnerable right now, come into my big man's arms, I'm going to make it all better for you" crap... hell they even created a ridiculous situation on purpose for that a few episodes ago! But the fact they missed that opportunity is telling me they finally came to their senses.

Quote:
It is unbelievable that Cary once put her in jail -- maybe that's a simple mistake, not an intentional act, I'll rewatch that episode to check out
you should! He had her handcuffed, he was there and pretty smug about himself. I really don't see him caring or concerned for his "friend".
And then Alicia had to go kick his ass for him to release Kalinda and he had her brought out in handcuffs and didn't even apologize or even looked at her. Such a lovely friend. With friends like those, who needs Bishop?
Look, I know they just needed him to be a villain 7 episodes out of 8 for two seasons but then they shouldn't expect us to root for them or think he cares about her. They wanted two separate characters, they should have had two separate characters.

Quote:
People who dislike the Lana character also want Cary to be Kalinda's lover and really can't deal with the same sex angle.
Probably. Not only but in a big way, most likely. I think it's also a lot of young women/girls desperately wanting to identify with Kalinda because she's the youngest character (well Archie is almost 40 ) even if that means discarding/ignoring everything that makes her who she is along the way, and of course, hey, if I was in the show, who else would I want to do? I mean Matt is gorgeous and they are straight, just maybe a little more rigid than you or me.

Let's just not get into posters behavior and focus on the facts

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 04-23-2012 at 11:01 PM
Old 04-24-2012, 04:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

When I said I wanted to slap Lana ...it's not because I don't like her. Quite the opposite, the chemistry between the actresses is great, and...in my ideal/dream world I think Lana could have handled the whole thing very differently and not have Kalinda just rushing out of her apartment like that.

Speaking of the place...it looked messy...and so gray!

Ok, I'll stop talking otherwise I'll just get depressed thinking we'll have no wait til October.