Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-12-2017, 04:30 AM
Supreme Fan

I don't think we can speak of ''dead'' networks tbh. Yes, the numbers declined, but that's the case for most networks these days. It's just not how people watch TV anymore. The whole rating system is bull.... imo.

That's what I read about NBC aswell. Think they were the best performing network of 2016-2017. Good for them. Agree with Carla about the actors on NBC too, not many I know the name of, except maybe some Chicago folks and the buzzed This is Us.

I think ABC and NBC are my favorite networks atm. Shondaland is not for everyone, but it's obvious it's still a huge succes on ABC, despite numbers falling every season. Even with numbers falling I think Grey's was still the number 1 drama on ABC. And maybe second, or third if you grab all the networks. Modern Family is still doing okay, just like some other comedies, so ABC is far from dead, if you want to use those words

I hardly watch anything on FOX, or CBS these days. Bones ended and thereby my interest in FOX ended aswell. Hoping the best for Matt's (and Emily vanCamp!) new show though. CBS is just as one note as it can be. I think Criminal Minds and The Good Fight (which isn't even airing on CBS anymore) are the only CBS related shows I watch.

Wonder what Archie is going to do next.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Grey's being #1 shows that ABC is dead. First of all, it's only #19 when it comes to overall ratings and that's without cable and even summer shows (I think). It's one of best examples of how outdated Nielsen system is. Grey's is not winning any awards, it's not prestigious, it's just there. And so is Modern Family and Scandal. Though, they are little bit more relevant. ABC were lucky Disney bought them.
What Archie will do next? Hopefully something not on FOX and ABC
Old 06-13-2017, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wonder what Archie is going to do next.
I hope she goes back to Brit tv. I know she has a mini there in the works but I have no info yet

Quote:
It's one of best examples of how outdated Nielsen system is. Grey's is not winning any awards, it's not prestigious, it's just there. And so is Modern Family and Scandal
MF is still nominated though. And really who cares about awards? Orphan Black is one of the best shows on tv with the most spectacular acting performance on tv and it took three years of people blowing up on social media for Tatiana to even get nominated. Unfortunately awards only reflect the hype nowadays. Still, the age of MF and Grey's show ABC is in trouble. The new guy canceled a bunch of new shows the older guy had ordered but he didn't really find any replacement that lasted this season.

Quote:
I don't think we can speak of ''dead'' networks tbh. Yes, the numbers declined, but that's the case for most networks these days.
Networks that keep relying on old shows and can't manage to get new ones past one season are in trouble, regardless of general figures. Old shows end. Even the sturdy ones. Cast get old, actors move on, writers want new projects. If they can't renew their show roll, they're dying

Quote:
It's just not how people watch TV anymore. The whole rating system is bull.... imo.
It is but that's what networks live on. If they hadn't based their whole programming and their very existence on Nielsen's psychic projections passing off as statistical reality, they would have changed it already. And they definitely would have changed their programming as well.

Quote:
I think ABC and NBC are my favorite networks atm. Shondaland is not for everyone, but it's obvious it's still a huge succes on ABC, despite numbers falling every season.
Numbers falling and new shows getting smaller and smaller. Grey's started big. Private Practive started way smaller. Scandal was on par. HTGAWM started even smaller and is dropping like a stone. The Catch didn't survive two seasons. Shondaland's success is not as reliable for them as it used to be

Quote:
CBS is just as one note as it can be.
Which explains their huge numbers I guess all the senior homes are tuned to it 24/7 :p

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-15-2017, 05:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

MF is still nominated though. And really who cares about awards? Orphan Black is one of the best shows on tv with the most spectacular acting performance on tv and it took three years of people blowing up on social media for Tatiana to even get nominated. Unfortunately awards only reflect the hype nowadays. Still, the age of MF and Grey's show ABC is in trouble. The new guy canceled a bunch of new shows the older guy had ordered but he didn't really find any replacement that lasted this season.

Networks that keep relying on old shows and can't manage to get new ones past one season are in trouble, regardless of general figures. Old shows end. Even the sturdy ones. Cast get old, actors move on, writers want new projects. If they can't renew their show roll, they're dying

Numbers falling and new shows getting smaller and smaller. Grey's started big. Private Practive started way smaller. Scandal was on par. HTGAWM started even smaller and is dropping like a stone. The Catch didn't survive two seasons. Shondaland's success is not as reliable for them as it used to be

I become less interested in award shows every year. I'm more and more beginning to realise that some names will just never be nominated, no matter how much they deserve it.

True. I get what you mean. It's not like ABC delivered major hits lately. But that's what I mean when I said that every network is in danger really. This is Us was a major hit this season, but it still won't get the ratings major hits reached multiple years ago. Remember the start of Desperate Housewives/Grey's/Lost, etc?

Yes, even Shondaland shows are falling, but even then they mostly perform better than most of their other shows. Except for the Catch And yes, HTGWM is falling more and more too, I don't think they'll make it to season 5/6 if they don't stabilise. As long as they perform better than most other ABC drama's they're okay and I suspect they will be.

Quote:
First of all, it's only #19 when it comes to overall ratings and that's without cable and even summer shows (I think)
2016-2017 TV Season Network Rankings: NBC, CBS Claim Crowns | Deadline

So nop. It's still in the top 10 Despite what you may think about the show it's hard to say it's still doing great for a show entering its 14th season this fall.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.

Last edited by Alwayshappy; 06-15-2017 at 05:15 AM
Old 06-15-2017, 06:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
I become less interested in award shows every year. I'm more and more beginning to realise that some names will just never be nominated, no matter how much they deserve it.

True. I get what you mean. It's not like ABC delivered major hits lately. But that's what I mean when I said that every network is in danger really. This is Us was a major hit this season, but it still won't get the ratings major hits reached multiple years ago. Remember the start of Desperate Housewives/Grey's/Lost, etc?

Yes, even Shondaland shows are falling, but even then they mostly perform better than most of their other shows. Except for the Catch And yes, HTGWM is falling more and more too, I don't think they'll make it to season 5/6 if they don't stabilise. As long as they perform better than most other ABC drama's they're okay and I suspect they will be.

2016-2017 TV Season Network Rankings: NBC, CBS Claim Crowns | Deadline

So nop. It's still in the top 10 Despite what you may think about the show it's hard to say it's still doing great for a show entering its 14th season this fall.
It's #29 in overall viewers and top 10 in 18-49, yes.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
It's #29 in overall viewers and top 10 in 18-49, yes.
Then we were talking about different things I guess . Thankfully the demo is often more important than the amount of total viewers.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:05 PM
Extreme Fan

I just quick-check information and I saw it as #29.
Either way, #10 is without cable.
OT:
Hiram Garcia, Archie Panjabi, Colton Haynes, Hugo Johnstone-Burt, Brad Peyton, Carla Gugino, Dwayne Johnson, Alexandra Daddario, Ioan Gruffudd, Beau Flynn Vibe
Old 06-19-2017, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hiram Garcia, Archie Panjabi, Colton Haynes, Hugo Johnstone-Burt, Brad Peyton, Carla Gugino, Dwayne Johnson, Alexandra Daddario, Ioan Gruffudd, Beau Flynn Vibe
awww thanks! I never could find a picture of Archie with the rest of the cast and even though that movie was 20 kinds of stupid, I love Carla Gugino and they don't share a scene so

Old 07-17-2017, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Can I please be added?
Old 09-22-2017, 01:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Archie Panjabi returns to CBS — but not for long
Old 09-22-2017, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Ty

I was already sad when I read the title but when I found out it was a guest in Bull, I lost my appetite

WTF is her agent doing shopping her as a guest to crap network shows???
Get her a spot on Homeland, you dumbasses!

Old 09-23-2017, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

Ugh. Why is that show even still on the air? Stupid Wannabe Dr. Phil.

Quote:
Get her a spot on Homeland, you dumbasses!

- Mel
Old 09-24-2017, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ugh. Why is that show even still on the air? Stupid Wannabe Dr. Phil.
No idea! Probably because seniors in the Nielsen program don't know how to change the channel

Apparently Archie was the host at the Women of the Years Awards held by Vogue India but no picture yet.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:03 AM
Extreme Fan

TBH I think Archie deserves her own show...

Old 09-25-2017, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
TBH I think Archie deserves her own show...
I agree with you 100% but she's not white enough for network and not famous enough for cable.

Quote:
Nobody can resist #ShahRukhKhan's charm
well there's me for one

So that's what a computer designed dress looks like. It shows
It's certainly mathematically complex enough but it doesn't look very practical. Not to mention she looks like she's about ready to be lifted up to the top of a massive wedding cake

thanks for the pics