Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-14-2016, 05:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

She's gorgeous in anything.

I still think if CB asked her, she would appear in the new show from time to time. I wonder, if at some stage they were planning a Kalinda spin off. They must have at least considered it. Maybe the last few seasons were like Survivor, who could stick it out (as a supporting actor on TGW) and win the 'Spinoff' prize?

Best wishes to Archie in whatever she does next, anyway.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She's gorgeous in anything.
I know, right?

Quote:
I still think if CB asked her, she would appear in the new show from time to time.
I think she would have. She loves Kalinda. Although with the way she's been treated by CBS and the Kings, I don't know if she would.
But now that she's under contract with FOX, it's probably not an option.

Quote:
I wonder, if at some stage they were planning a Kalinda spin off. They must have at least considered it.
Nah. If they had considered it, they would have done it when the show was still popular and the **** had already hit the fan with JM. Around season 3.

Instead they kept trying to make her quit

Quote:
Maybe the last few seasons were like Survivor, who could stick it out (as a supporting actor on TGW) and win the 'Spinoff' prize?
I don't know. I think there were heavy negotiations but if they are still negotiating with CB and CJ, they probably decided at the last minute. I think maybe CBS was trying to convince JM and the Kings to do another season until very late in the year.
The Kings probably told them "no more". So they started floating the idea of TGW without the Kings and the wide reaction of "Come on, can the show die already?" coming from the web pretty much killed that fast.

Then they started thinking about a spin-off. I know they shopped it to Matt who told them to go **** themselves but I wonder if they shopped it to Archie before offering it to CJ.

Quote:
Best wishes to Archie in whatever she does next, anyway.
She deserves a win after sticking with all that BS all this time.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-16-2016, 01:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

Then they started thinking about a spin-off. I know they shopped it to Matt who told them to go **** themselves but I wonder if they shopped it to Archie before offering it to CJ.

So no Matt in the potential spin off? How do you know?
Old 05-16-2016, 03:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Although with the way she's been treated by CBS and the Kings, I don't know if she would.
I don't know why but I assumed the Kings regretted what happened with Kalinda and it made them lose the enthusiasm for continuing the show. But have you heard differently? I don't expect good behaviour from TV corporations, though.

Quote:
I know they shopped it to Matt who told them to go **** themselves
Wow, that explains how Cary was written off. He was likely right. I want the show to do well, if it goes ahead, for CB's sake, but with a tiny budget and meagre cast it will be a hard sell.

Matt would surely guest star? I know he's doing so for the Gilmore girls, (yay!).
Old 05-17-2016, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So no Matt in the potential spin off? How do you know?
Well they started trying to spin it that way months ago and now they say "Christine Baranski and Cush Jumbo in negotiations"
If they dropped Matt entirely from the headlines and the PR, it's probably because he turned them flat down. If there was a slim chance, they wouldn't even talk about Jumbo. She has no fanbase and she's been on the show 5 mn. The only thing she brings is youth and that's because they're not getting Matt.

Quote:
Wow, that explains how Cary was written off.
they already knew he wasn't interested in a spin-off so they dropped him.

Quote:
Matt would surely guest star? I know he's doing so for the Gilmore girls, (yay!).
I think he could but then when you see the way they treated Archie, and really the way they treated Cary as a character, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

Quote:
I want the show to do well, if it goes ahead, for CB's sake, but with a tiny budget and meagre cast it will be a hard sell.
Fingers crossed for Christine mostly. She deserves it. I don't know if people are willing to pay for TGW 2.0 though. I guess they'll have other original shows but they haven't announced anything yet.

Quote:
I don't know why but I assumed the Kings regretted what happened with Kalinda and it made them lose the enthusiasm for continuing the show. But have you heard differently? I don't expect good behaviour from TV corporations, though.
I don't know really. I think like you that partly, they were disgusted that their show was highjacked from them and that they weren't able to do what they wanted but I can't believe there wasn't a conscious effort from them to do some character assassination with Blake, then Nick, then just cutting whole arcs because the actress she was acting off of couldn't come back (the Juliet Rylance disaster in season 4) etc

Old 05-18-2016, 12:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think like you that partly, they were disgusted that their show was highjacked from them and that they weren't able to do what they wanted but I can't believe there wasn't a conscious effort from them to do some character assassination with Blake, then Nick, then just cutting whole arcs because the actress she was acting off of couldn't come back (the Juliet Rylance disaster in season 4) etc
It's funny you say that as I was thinking about Nick recently. I could say the same for both him and Blake actually-, the writing was very poor. Shocking compared to the wonderful way they handled other characters. I also think the casting of both men was appalling. Nick in particular in no way seemed like a man Kalinda would ever be interested in. If I was being especially paranoid, I would wonder did JM have a veto power on the actors hired for Kalinda's storyline, to make sure they were especially unappealing? And, liked we also mentioned in relation to that Will/desk scene earlier, it showed an attitude to male violence against women that was quite disturbing.

To me, the main problem with a lot of those storylines was they were artificial ways to show Kalinda without Alicia- not a natural extension of the story, and it really showed.

Her romances with women were much better handled. I don't think her and Cary were a great match romantically, but Kalinda had good chemistry with his character, and with Will too.

About the writers- it makes me a bit sad for them, to think about the wrap party they should have had- with Josh and Archie still there, and a show they could still feel proud of. Just because, they did create something amazing, and were capable of keeping it so- they just didn't handle the curve balls of the Kalinda problems and JC leaving very gracefully. It's saddest for the fans, though.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's funny you say that as I was thinking about Nick recently. I could say the same for both him and Blake actually-, the writing was very poor. Shocking compared to the wonderful way they handled other characters
I know, right? They had no motivation. They were just there to be *******s to Kalinda and take her down a few pegs, which ofc is not shocking considering she was seen as a threat.

Quote:
I also think the casting of both men was appalling.
Ugh! I know! When Blake was announced, people starting making predictions and I can tell you nobody expected a B-grade tv actor who is usually playing teenagers considering how mature he looks
I remember Lily wanted Jason O'Mara, which is ironic since he ended up playing Damien.

Quote:
Nick in particular in no way seemed like a man Kalinda would ever be interested in.
They obviously didn't want them to be interesting or appealing to anyone.
Again, ironically, Jeffrey Dean Morgan's name was thrown around on some blogs but then he got cast in Magic City and ended up as Alicia's love interest later. Interesting, no?

Quote:
And, liked we also mentioned in relation to that Will/desk scene earlier, it showed an attitude to male violence against women that was quite disturbing.
ugh. When I think RK actually had the balls to mention "50 shades" as if that kind of abusive relationship was appealing, dude, you really need to learn more about women.

Quote:
To me, the main problem with a lot of those storylines was they were artificial ways to show Kalinda without Alicia- not a natural extension of the story, and it really showed.
And they really could have given her a spin-off. But they couldn't risk it being a hit.

Quote:
Her romances with women were much better handled.
But they didn't want her with women too much because that got her a lot of press in season 1. So she only got something solid in her last season.
Maybe something would have happened with Juliet Rylance's character but since they cut all her scenes over 4 episodes, leaving Kalinda with nothing to do, and didn't include those scenes on the dvd, we'll never know.

Quote:
I don't think her and Cary were a great match romantically, but Kalinda had good chemistry with his character, and with Will too.
They really could have had her working with Will and Diane more but then by this point, we didn't see much of either of them.

Quote:
It's saddest for the fans, though.
indeed. Just thinking of what could have been makes me mad.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Archie's in a new Brit comedy called Power Monkeys.

From what I understand it's a political satire that's partly improvised and following recent events regarding the US presidential campaign, the EU referendum in the UK and Putin's campaign.

Also, The Jury is getting some good feedback at ABC so it should get the go-ahead and air some time next season.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Archie is joining the cast of Blindspot in s2

No details about her character yet but it's a multiple episode arc at least and everybody is betting she's been cast to play a character that's been said to be "very important" in s2

'Blindspot' season 1: 'The Goodwife' star Archie Panjabi joins the fray

Old 06-24-2016, 12:21 AM
Extreme Fan

This show kinda sucks, will check her eps.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

'Blindspot' Season 2 Spoilers: Archie Panjabi Joins Cast As Head Of NSA : ENTERTAINMENT : Design & Trend

She will be the head of NSA

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2016/06/bli...recurring-rol/

Quote:
Panjabi is all about secrecy.

She was also tapped as the lead in a new pilot up for consideration this fall, The Jury, which was ultimately passed over.
Sounds like we won't be seeing her in The Jury though...
Old 06-24-2016, 06:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Predictable, it would've flopped so it's for better.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
This show kinda sucks, will check her eps.
I wasn't impressed by the pilot and didn't really try again.

Quote:
She will be the head of NSA
I'm not sure it's as simple as that but they don't want to spoil it.

Quote:
Sounds like we won't be seeing her in The Jury though...
**** ABC. The show tested well but it's a project from the previous guy so they're passing. Oh well.

Quote:
Predictable, it would've flopped so it's for better.
well we don't really know that for sure. I would have thought a crappy show like Scandal wouldn't last either and look

Old 06-24-2016, 06:59 PM
Extreme Fan

The Jury sounds like their other soaps like The Family with idea that can only work for one season. Even if 1st season was a success it would suffer a typical sophomore slump. IMO.
Blindspot is bland and sterile, worse than that another NBC show with Ultron.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

Damn network tv. She should be making deals with cable. Network is dead unless you want to be in a soap anyway.

I wish she hadn't passed on The Fall for nothing. Not that the Fall is good but at least she was awesome with Gillian