Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Archie Panjabi needs to take a leaf out of Josh's book and get out of this show before it's too late and go out on a high...
The character has been either missing or slowly assassinated for the past 3 seasons so I think the high is come and gone. Her lack of award nominations, press mentions etc is evidence of that.

Quote:
I dread to think what Kalinda will be like in season 6.
to be honest, it doesn't feel like she's been there for a very long time. Last time was... season 4 premiere for a bit?

Quote:
I think she was trying to use sex in an effort to take her mind off the scenes at the courtroom but they haunt her so much that she can't
her casual drinking and sexual behavior are ways not to feel.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

The first official synopsis for San Andreas was released. I don't expect Archie's part to be groundbreaking (har har). But she does have pretty high billing. I imagine she'll be doing something intregal as I suspect Carla Gugino is The Rock's Wife and the girl from True Detective (despite being a little old) will be playing their daughter.
Quote:
After the infamous San Andreas Fault finally gives, triggering a magnitude 9 earthquake in California, a search and rescue helicopter pilot (Johnson) and his estranged wife make their way together from Los Angeles to San Francisco to save their only daughter. But their treacherous journey north is only the beginning, and when they think the worst may be over…it’s just getting started.

The film also stars Carla Gugino (“Night at the Museum,” TV’s “Entourage”), Alexandra Daddario (“Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters,” TV’s “True Detective”) and Archie Panjabi (TV’s “The Good Wife”), as well as Hugo Johnstone-Burt (Australian TV’s “Home and Away”) and Art Parkinson (TV’s “Game of Thrones”).
Source
She'll probably have a week off before having to fly to Oz. Or maybe she'll film her parts in San Francisco.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rista~ (View Post)
She'll probably have a week off before having to fly to Oz. Or maybe she'll film her parts in San Francisco.
How disconcerting. If she's part of the Australian shoot she'll be an hour or two away from my house!
Old 04-20-2014, 06:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

It would be great to see Kalinda take more if a role especially now that Will isn't there. Her friendship with Alicia rekindling doesn't seen on the table. It is a shame. They had that extra piece of chemistry. Alicia doesn't have that with a lot of people.

Btw had anyone watched The widower. It a good three part mini. Archie's in the second and third episode only.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't expect Archie's part to be groundbreaking (har har)
you got me sorting my coke (the beverage, NSA! )

Quote:
How disconcerting. If she's part of the Australian shoot she'll be an hour or two away from my house!
So jealous!

Quote:
It would be great to see Kalinda take more if a role especially now that Will isn't there. Her friendship with Alicia rekindling doesn't seen on the table. It is a shame. They had that extra piece of chemistry. Alicia doesn't have that with a lot of people.
and it doesn't make sense! I have friends who watch the show without paying attention to interviews and all the behind the scene stuff and they just don't get it. It's ridiculous!

Quote:
Btw had anyone watched The widower. It a good three part mini. Archie's in the second and third episode only.
I saw it! Too short! But Archie was in a lot of it, which is really a rarity these days but it's always so good seeing her stretch her abilities and being so very different from Kalinda, as she is in all parts really

Can't wait for the Fall season 2 and I Origins!

Old 04-23-2014, 10:31 PM
JMD
New Fan

So The Good Wife FB page posted this today ... Kalinda was No 15 and Ailcia was higher but they put Kalinda's pic. Spring Finales 2014 Photos: 15. Kalinda Sharma - The Good Wife on CBS.com

I'm not sure if any of you have noticed, but Kalinda fans have been quite vocal on Twitter lately.

It started when TGW Writers posted this on Twitter

"Good Wife Writers ‏@GoodWifeWriters Apr 20
#TheGoodFans Nominate Your Favorite TV Ladies Now! Girl on Top 2014 Begins: Nominate Your Favorite TV Ladies Now! | E! Online via @eonline #TheGoodWife #ChristineBaranski #JuliannaMargulies"

Archie's name was not included and some fans were furious and there were several tweets asking why Archie's name wasn't included

It got a response and a correction:
Good Wife Writers ‏@GoodWifeWriters Apr 20
@jen_zane premature tweet. OF COURSE #ArchiePanjabi for her phenomenal work as #KalindaSharma

To be honest they may have had a slight point (even thought I was also v upset that her name wasn't included). I copied and pasted the original tweet and realized they wouldn't have had enough characters to put all the full names.

Anyway TGW Writers responded with a correction:
Good Wife Writers ‏@GoodWifeWriters Apr 20
100% Love, Respect & Support for ALL our ladies of #TheGoodWife #Archie #Christine #Julianna Vote Now! Girl on Top 2014 Begins: Nominate Your Favorite TV Ladies Now! | E! Online via @eonline

So the writers are aware of what the fans are saying and they responded. Some fans also tweeted that Kalinda and Alicia haven't had a scene in long and other comments regarding it ... so the writers are definitely getting a lot of feedback from Kalinda fans ... hopefully JM and the writers will be mature and professional enough to overcome the Kalinda/Alicia barrier soon.

I live in hope ...

PS: I'm not sure if this would be more appropriate under the Kalinda/Alicia thread ... but I guess this issue has been discussed in both threats ... Moderators, please feel free to move this. I don't want to double post ...
Old 04-24-2014, 03:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD (View Post)
I'm not sure if any of you have noticed, but Kalinda fans have been quite vocal on Twitter lately.
*cough* I may have been one of them...

Quote:
To be honest they may have had a slight point (even thought I was also v upset that her name wasn't included). I copied and pasted the original tweet and realized they wouldn't have had enough characters to put all the full names.
I'm going to disagree with you on this. The history of snubbing Panjabi by CBS and TGW official outlets of publicity is so long and depressing, it really shouldn't keep happening. Maybe it's official policy or maybe it's accidental. It doesn't matter. The fact that one member of the cast (and the only person of colour) gets ignored when achieving industry honours etc by her show's own publicisits looks terrible, and from now on I will be calling them on it each and every time I see it.

Quote:
So the writers are aware of what the fans are saying and they responded. Some fans also tweeted that Kalinda and Alicia haven't had a scene in long and other comments regarding it ... so the writers are definitely getting a lot of feedback from Kalinda fans ... hopefully JM and the writers will be mature and professional enough to overcome the Kalinda/Alicia barrier soon.

I live in hope ...
I don't think there is any harm in remaining vocal on this issue. It's patently ridiculous what's happening behind the scenes (whatever the reason is) and constant noise from fans, viewers, critics and commentators can't hurt.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

I started re-watching S05. Perhaps the last few times we saw Alicia and Kalinda actually interacting.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:37 AM
JMD
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarmereione (View Post)
*cough* I may have been one of them...
Great! I think it helped, I joined in as well.

Quote:
I'm going to disagree with you on this. The history of snubbing Panjabi by CBS and TGW official outlets of publicity is so long and depressing, it really shouldn't keep happening. Maybe it's official policy or maybe it's accidental. It doesn't matter. The fact that one member of the cast (and the only person of colour) gets ignored when achieving industry honours etc by her show's own publicists looks terrible, and from now on I will be calling them on it each and every time I see it.
Fair enough ... the tweet wasn't long enough but they could have easily used first names like they did when the 'corrected it'. I think they've 'tried' to compensate a bit since then, by posting up an Instagram pic, and having a few positive comments/posts about Kalinda. Honestly not having Kalinda's character (and the fabulous AP playing her) - they show would be like food without salt. All the other characters/actors are an awesome but she really enhances the show and is my favourite.

Quote:
I don't think there is any harm in remaining vocal on this issue. It's patently ridiculous what's happening behind the scenes (whatever the reason is) and constant noise from fans, viewers, critics and commentators can't hurt.
Exactly ... also since they've finished filming the rest of the season I'm gonna wait till the last episode ... if there's nothing I'm planning on sending several tweets out to the writers regarding this. I've already seen a few. Maybe we can approach this strategically, we won't want it to backfire either ...

Keeping my fingers crossed for a surprise by the end of the season...
Old 04-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
PS: I'm not sure if this would be more appropriate under the Kalinda/Alicia thread ... but I guess this issue has been discussed in both threats ... Moderators, please feel free to move this. I don't want to double post ...
Don't worry about it, cross-threads posts are cool
Plus, it used to be impossible to talk about Kalinda without talking A/K so...

Quote:
I unfollowed the writers a long time ago because that's not the first time they do something like that and I don't want to get pissed any more than I am.

Quote:
I copied and pasted the original tweet and realized they wouldn't have had enough characters to put all the full names.
But then they shouldn't have mentioned JM and CB. They should have made one general tweet and then one with the actresses. It's very revealing that they haven't and I think their reply was more backpedaling than anything else.

Quote:
I started re-watching S05. Perhaps the last few times we saw Alicia and Kalinda actually interacting.
In season 5?

Quote:
Honestly not having Kalinda's character (and the fabulous AP playing her) - they show would be like food without salt.
Kinda why it lost its flavor in season 3 for me.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

I meant S04.
Speaking of which...that was probably the last time she was given something to do. Ook, the storyline was far from good (creepy Nick guy), but at least we had some Kalinda screentime.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

I saw it! Too short! But Archie was in a lot of it, which is really a rarity these days but it's always so good seeing her stretch her abilities and being so very different from Kalinda, as she is in all parts really

Can't wait for the Fall season 2 and I Origins!
British seasons are always short. Shows like the Fall are never more than 5 episodes for an entire season. They range between 5-7 episodes. Plus the story had a clear story arc as it was based in a true story. All the actors where great. Reece Smearsmith, Katie Fleetwood, Sheridan Smith and Archie. It's great seeing her back in her native accent and we see her in different ways. Another reason why I love going back and watching Bend it like Beckham. But I have other reasons for liking that.

I am most definitely way for the Season 2 of the Fall. Hopefully Archie will be in she wasn't sure at one point.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I meant S04.
now that makes more sense.

Quote:
Speaking of which...that was probably the last time she was given something to do. Ook, the storyline was far from good (creepy Nick guy), but at least we had some Kalinda screentime.
Who would think they would make us regret the Creep storyline, eh? Good job, Bob (? bad job?) and I guess that's why she's been under wraps since then. Retaliation.

Quote:
British seasons are always short.
I knoooow! I was watching a show called In the Flesh and there are 3 episodes in the season! I mean wth?? as if 10 episodes of cable tv wasn't already damn short enough

Quote:
I am most definitely way for the Season 2 of the Fall. Hopefully Archie will be in she wasn't sure at one point.
I think it's been confirmed but it could have been just wishful thinking on my part. I seem to remember distinctly being happy about reading it somewhere but it also could have been misinformation.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:52 PM
JMD
New Fan

Kalinda had such little screen time today ...
Old 04-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I blinked and almost missed Kalinda. That's how little screen time She had. I didn't think it could get much worse than early S5; evidently, I was wrong. I hope they kill her off or give her an interesting exit next season just so Archie will have something of merit to do. It's the best parting gift she could get at this point.

Last edited by ~Rista~; 04-28-2014 at 09:47 AM