Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

I was in a hurry when I wrote the comment above and I'd like to add a few things. I absolutely LOVED that interview. It was a total pleasure - every second of it - and very interesting in many ways.

Regarding TGW: It was the first time I felt like somebody from TGW understood why we (the audience) didn't like the N/K storyline. Not even the Kings seemed to understand what our problem was (they still seem to think we just wanted our flawless heroine back) but Archie obviously understood it and she summarized it very eloquently in this interview. And FINALLY we know AJ's opinion about the A/K friendship. Honestly, I could kiss her feet for what she said. Thank you so much, Archie ! This interview definitely made my day, maybe my week, maybe my summer .
Old 06-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was in a hurry when I wrote the comment above and I'd like to add a few things. I absolutely LOVED that interview. It was a total pleasure - every second of it - and very interesting in many ways.
it's a great conversation and she's so open, honest, laid back and genuine. When she talks about the Nick storyline, and the audience's reaction, you can tell she's happy the audience stood out for the character and how she felt like it was not right (and was probably not listened to) but she expresses her opinion with such class. There's no agenda there, no nose-thumbing, it's just a very positive spin to a mess, you know?

Quote:
Not even the Kings seemed to understand what our problem was (they still seem to think we just wanted our flawless heroine back) but Archie obviously understood it and she summarized it very eloquently in this interview.
She said it felt like she was playing another character (she said it in TV guide before S4 premiere aired) and I guess she just let it happen because a) she doesn't have any power when the show is concerned and b) she seems like the kind of person who is willing to ignore her gut instinct if someone is really enthusiastic about something. She'll give it a go, sure. So I think the audience's reaction validated her opinion about it. She doesn't gloat, because there's nothing to gloat about, especially since the character suffered for it, but it's more like she thinks "yeah that's what I thought too, our vision of the character is the same".

Quote:
And FINALLY we know AJ's opinion about the A/K friendship. Honestly, I could kiss her feet for what she said.
she's awesome. Even for a country ****

Seriously, best interview ever.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

"Too much. Too soon. Too explicit." -

I couldn't agree more . I didn't mind seeing a different side of Kalinda, on the contrary, I had been looking forward to it. But what we saw on screen wasn't a different side of Kalinda Sharma but a different character, and yes, we couldn't connect to that.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But what we saw on screen wasn't a different side of Kalinda Sharma but a different character, and yes, we couldn't connect to that.
exactly! Another side doesn't mean another person played by the same actress! It was very clear from the start that what RK had in mind was to use the character for shock and awe (he even mentioned 50 Shades of Grey in an interview) and kinda shape it as if it was about her past, which clearly was not the case.

Nick didn't give us a single thing about Kalinda's past that we hadn't known for 2 seasons already at that point.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Nick didn't give us a single thing about Kalinda's past that we hadn't known for 2 seasons already at that point.
Thats for sure! Nothing at all, so damn annoying it was a waste. And heck even Archie knew, and I am so glad she put her words out there on the matter. And I love that she knows the fans now best, I think thats what I loved more about it.

Calling herself a country **** was the best too

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

More Archie in The Fall this week!

HQ still from the Bar scene with Gillian. So it's not Tequila and it's not Alicia but at least Stella seemed to appreciate the company and let's face it, if anyone's going to sleep with anyone's husband, Stella would be the one, so there won't be any judging.

Also, Archie's official site is getting revamped (finally! ) and I guess, just like all the interviews lately, it's a result of her signing with Gersh. They changed the architecture and are using for background pics that... frankly took my words. Click for larger versions

Most are from the headshots she did last summer. The black and white shot is from 2005 I think.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Archieeeee

Quote:
if anyone's going to sleep with anyone's husband, Stella would be the one, so there won't be any judging.
HAHA ****ing hilarious! Oh Stella that **** The bar scene was lovely, I enjoyed it. I am not crazy about what they did with Archie knowing that girl who knew the killer, kind of lame. But I enjoyed the bar scene

WOW THOSE STILLS She is so beautiful!!

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The bar scene was lovely, I enjoyed it. I am not crazy about what they did with Archie knowing that girl who knew the killer, kind of lame.
well it would work better if you knew Belfast its not exactly NY and there's a lot of separation. and not a lot of colleges. Still... it's kinda weird and convenient.

I like those Variety panels because they are very relaxed conversations. I don't think those actresses will get nominations but whatever.

Poor Archie. That red carpet thing pisses me off again. But she won so suck that, paparazzi!

Old 06-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

I watched a few episodes of Postman Pat, it was hiiilarious to hear Archie's kid voice. Like this one, it was really funny, especially the cry bit. Awww Meera..

Loved Archie and Gillian's drinking scene in The Fall, they were beautiful in that scene, I was like OK Alicia, it's your lose.
Since the show was renewed for the second season, is Archie going to be on it?

Thanks for all the pics Fluff Gorgeous pics, not a fan of the over-photoshoping though, she was already beautiful, but that's something we can't avoid these days I guess.

Quote:
Poor Archie. That red carpet thing pisses me off again. But she won so suck that, paparazzi!
And had to shop her own dress... But she won, how regret those designer could be!
..oh and once was listed as "Matt's guest". (Which I secretly liked a little)
Old 06-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you so much for posting that clip, RyeLyn! You're right. That IS hillarious! And soooooo cute. When Meera started to cry I almost fell from my chair - oh, and I loved that horse . I think it's amazing what some actors can do with their voice. Not in a million years would I have guessed that this was Archie's voice. I wouldn't even have noticed that Meera and her mother have the same voice.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Archie was interviewed by SAG on June 5th. More objective and tactful insight on the Nick debacle. She reveals the name of her first acting job that she thought she was "crap" in. (I can't find anything on it sadly.) Clever anecdotes. When asked about her favorite actors to share scenes with her first response is Jill Flint !! But she also says she doesn't know if she will be back (which I thought curious because the interviewer doesn't ask about her returning) Also, be on the look out for the advice she gives to those looking to break into the business.

Oh, and in her last one on one interview, she said she just wrapped filming a project in Ireland. Turns out that it is The Widower. She plays the third wife of Malcolm Webster... who didn't have a third wife in reality, so IDK what they're doing with his story. It's a miniseries produced by ITV. No word on when it will air. ETA: He did have a fiancee, so my guess is Archie plays Simone Banarjee or a character based off her. If they keep nationalities the same, she should be a Scottish lass!

Last edited by ~Rista~; 06-07-2013 at 02:03 PM
Old 06-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I watched a few episodes of Postman Pat, it was hiiilarious to hear Archie's kid voice. Like this one, it was really funny, especially the cry bit. Awww Meera..
Haha! killing me! She's done a *lot* of voice work btw. I'll post clips.

Quote:
Since the show was renewed for the second season, is Archie going to be on it?
No idea but Gillian said the cast was signed for season 2 so I'm assuming she meant everyone. She also said shooting would have to wait to accommodate her US tv schedule so I think it should be also good for Archie.

Quote:
not a fan of the over-photoshoping though, she was already beautiful, but that's something we can't avoid these days I guess.
Hmm. I don't think she's been photoshopped. Lots of makeup though, but you can still see her pores so she hasn't been smoothed over.

Quote:
oh and once was listed as "Matt's guest". (Which I secretly liked a little)
I'm sure Matt made a lot of fun of her about that.

Quote:
Archie was interviewed by SAG on June 5th. More objective and tactful insight on the Nick debacle.
Aren't we glad she signed with a real agency? We had a solid hour of interview with Archie in one week. That's more than we had in 4 years!

Quote:
She reveals the name of her first acting job that she thought she was "crap" in. (I can't find anything on it sadly.)
It's not even in her imdb filmo so I'm very sure she was more of an extra than anything else. It's only mentioned on her official site but the original title would be in German. But it's useless trying to find it, imo. Kalinda probably "disappeared" it. I can see the reel laying in a shallow grave (most likely next to Nick's corpse )

Quote:
When asked about her favorite actors to share scenes with her first response is Jill Flint !!
Well ofc I mean... who else would be up for spending 4 hours of rehearsal on a 2 mn scene and indulging Archie in her detail freakishness?

Quote:
Turns out that it is The Widower. She plays the third wife of Malcolm Webster
ooooh! You're a real-life Kalinda! thanks for digging that one up.

Quote:
He did have a fiancee, so my guess is Archie plays Simone Banarjee or a character based off her. If they keep nationalities the same, she should be a Scottish lass!
I loooove Archie's Scottish accent

Old 06-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
OMG! That was great! Cannot believe I just spend all that time listening at Archie sound so different

Quote:
Turns out that it is The Widower. She plays the third wife of Malcolm Webster
Looking forward to watching this!

That was another excellent AP interview, she has a great grasp on Kalinda thats for sure. And well she is right about all she said about Nick and A/K. Wonder how long RK can keep ignoring this.

Quote:
not a fan of the over-photoshoping though, she was already beautiful, but that's something we can't avoid these days I guess.
Yea is everywhere I still have no shame and faint over these pics

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And well she is right about all she said about Nick and A/K. Wonder how long RK can keep ignoring this.
Apparently, they can keep going since the writers pimp every bit of interview done by everyone and haven't even mentioned one of the 4 interviews Archie has done this week.

Quote:
Yea is everywhere I still have no shame and faint over these pics
yeah and most of the time it's like fainting at plastic dolls really but Archie is gorgeous all on her little own.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Archie was interviewed by SAG on June 5th
ANOTHER FANTASTIC INTERVIEW WITH AJ! This really feels like Christmas in June . Thank you for posting the link!

AJ still doesn't know why people love Kalinda so much? Maybe we should make a list and send it to her. I guess we all have something to say in that matter, haven't we?