Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Jill Flint gives us the goods on "The Good Wife" - AfterEllen.com
Old 11-24-2014, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"I take you seriously." = Kalinda's version of falling in love big time.
well at least Lana deserves her. Unlike other people

Quote:
But it was so cute that she had her back to Lana when she said, "I take you seriously. It's not easy. But I take you seriously". Baby steps.
Only way someone like Kalinda could say something like that out loud, imo. It's big for her.

Quote:
That was a beautiful scene which was cut short in half due to time according to RK's live tweet. It's criminal!
Let's hope the longer version will make it to the dvd but knowing how often that happened with interesting K scenes...

Quote:
They still haven't revealed the significance of the white card. Maybe Kalinda's exit will have something to do with the Bishop/Kalinda/Lana arc.
I just want it to be significant. And that would make it mean something. I think

Aaaaand Jill doing promo for TGW again. Good sign, I think no?
Or maybe it's just that Archie won't do it anymore

Quote:
I was asked to come back and they wanted a significant arc for me, but I wasn’t able to do it because of The Night Shift. But I did as much as I could with the first three episodes.
Well that's cause for concern...

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling
Only way someone like Kalinda could say something like that out loud, imo. It's big for her.
It's very big for her. I expected Kalinda to go back to Lana that night, but it was surreal to hear Kalinda say those words. I was thrilled, but I also thought I was just dreaming.

Quote:
Aaaaand Jill doing promo for TGW again. Good sign, I think no?
Or maybe it's just that Archie won't do it anymore
The storyline is a major development for Kalinda's character emotionally. Archie should be doing interviews on that. I guess Jill is doing all the interviews on Archie's behalf.

Quote:
Well that's cause for concern...
I find her choice of words interesting. "But I did as much as I could with the first three episodes." It sounds like there'll be more.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's very big for her. I expected Kalinda to go back to Lana that night, but it was surreal to hear Kalinda say those words. I was thrilled, but I also thought I was just dreaming.
the Kalinda WTF effect. I must say I never expected them to go that way with Lana and Kalinda. Like Jill said, the push/pull is part of the attraction.

Quote:
The storyline is a major development for Kalinda's character emotionally. Archie should be doing interviews on that. I guess Jill is doing all the interviews on Archie's behalf.
Yeah the fact she isn't is quite revealing imo. But I'm glad Jill is.

Quote:
I find her choice of words interesting. "But I did as much as I could with the first three episodes." It sounds like there'll be more.
FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Old 11-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
the Kalinda WTF effect. I must say I never expected them to go that way with Lana and Kalinda. Like Jill said, the push/pull is part of the attraction.
They could only do the push/pull for so long, it gets boring after a while. I thought it was natural to grow that relationship, but was never sure if the Kings wanted to keep playing Kalinda as James Bond who could never have a steady relationship with anyone.

I think her character became stagnant when they kept playing the same card over and over again. IMO, S5 was almost as damaging to her character as the Nick debacle. Sure, Kalinda has always used her sexuality to get information from people by flirting with them, but she had never been shown to actually sleep with people in order to spy on them. She blatantly used both Jenna and Cary in S5. I think that turned her character into a caricature. In S1 & S2, she used her brain to solve cases, in S5, she used her body.

They seem to be getting back to the smart Kalinda with the Bishop interactions, and they are growing her on the personal front with Lana. But I think they are finally letting her take someone seriously because it's her last season. Once couples are together, we don't get to see them being happy and domestic. Just ask Diane & Kurt.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They could only do the push/pull for so long, it gets boring after a while.
So do love triangles and yet...

Quote:
I thought it was natural to grow that relationship, but was never sure if the Kings wanted to keep playing Kalinda as James Bond who could never have a steady relationship with anyone.
I think in their minds, she's been in a relationship all this time. Just not the one anyone wants to see

Quote:
I think her character became stagnant when they kept playing the same card over and over again.
I think the character has more devolved than evolved since s2 and it's partially because of the Kalicia inertia, but most of all because they just don't know what to do with her. Not for the lack of possibilities but mostly lack of imagination. But then when they tried, we got Nick the D*ck so I guess it wasn't progress.

Quote:
IMO, S5 was almost as damaging to her character as the Nick debacle.
and somehow instead of seeing this as a sign they ****ed up, they saw it as a sign that the viewers didn't want Kalinda to develop in any way. WRONG!

Quote:
Sure, Kalinda has always used her sexuality to get information from people by flirting with them, but she had never been shown to actually sleep with people in order to spy on them. She blatantly used both Jenna and Cary in S5. I think that turned her character into a caricature.
Not to mention a bit of a hooker
I don't mind Kalinda manipulating people emotionally and flirting is definitely a part of her arsenal but that was going too far.

Quote:
They seem to be getting back to the smart Kalinda with the Bishop interactions, and they are growing her on the personal front with Lana. But I think they are finally letting her take someone seriously because it's her last season.
Better late than never, right? It took Josh leaving to make them give him a bit of a storyline so I guess they were waiting for Archie to leave or something. They don't want everyone to keep saying they wasted Kalinda and they know that's what is going to happen when she's gone.

Quote:
Once couples are together, we don't get to see them being happy and domestic. Just ask Diane & Kurt.
those two! But yeah I'm not expecting domesticity on the Kalinda/Lana front (Kalana? ) but you're right, they don't know how to keep couples alive past that point because all they do is push/pull.
They also completely wasted the A/W part of S3 imo.

I'm hoping we'll get more and maybe a little happy ending

Old 11-30-2014, 12:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'm hoping we'll get more and maybe a little happy ending
I'm hoping for a happy ending too. But it'll probably have to happen offscreen. Jill just tweeted that she won't be back.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

figures! So basically, they wanted to make a longer arc (which ofc they never did when she was available) and because she's busy on another show... they just start it but won't finish it...

Emmy-winning writing

Old 12-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Yea honestly I don't understand that bull**** What was the point of a three episode arc? If we get no closure. Like is so frustrating just madding I just ugh.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 12-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

The three-episode arc was probably a setup for Kalinda's eventual exit. It dealt with the emotional aspect of her character. It's part of her character development.

Everyone is expecting her exit to be dramatic, maybe even violent because of this Bishop storyline. But perhaps in the end it's about her making a real and human decision for a life change.

They have been building up to this point for years. She told Will back in S1/S2? that when she's done, she's done. She has already wanted to move on at least a couple of times, once in 2.22 and again in 5.15 when she told Will she didn't want to be doing the same thing for the next 20 years.

Her character has always wanted to be "normal", but events in her life kept pulling her back into this cycle of darkness. It may be happening again with Bishop. Her exit itself doesn't have to be dramatic or operatic, but events leading up to her final decision could be quite dramatic if it has something to do with Bishop. We've already seen their chilling encounters in recent episodes.

What Lana has done in 6.05 was shown Kalinda that she wanted to reach out, have a normal relationship and she doesn't see their relationship as a game. I think that last scene when Lana walked out made an impact on Kalinda.

In 6.08 we saw Kalinda actually happy, even a bit starry-eyed. Her hair down was symbolic of her comfort level with Lana and with herself. She seemed, "normal"!

In 6.09 she was faced with having to make a commitment to take Lana seriously, and she did. That was major growth for her character.

I know the 3-epsiode Lana arc seemed a bit rushed, but that's all the Kings had because of Jill's schedule. Given K/L's onscreen history in the series, it's not hard to believe all the feelings are finally surfacing for both characters.

So, with the emotional aspect of her character arc more or less established, they will move to the next phase where events (probably dealing with Bishop) will push her to make that final decision to move on.

Lana is also playing a part in the Bishop story arc with Kalinda. We'll probably hear more about the white card. Bishop's issues with Kalinda is that she has a federal agent girlfriend and he doesn't like it. I think that adds to the growing tension between B/K.

Lana's last scene at the FBI is a little harder to comprehend if we don't see her again to resolve that part of her storyline. But maybe it's all part of the narrative that BOTH Lana and Kalinda will be wanting to make a change. It would be more ideal we if actually see Lana together with Kalinda making that decision. But they could get away with just showing Kalinda tell someone, perhaps Diane, that she's finally done and want to have a normal life with her girlfriend. (This is, of course, my wish more than a speculation. )

Time will tell if I'm right about any of this.

Last edited by pgocam; 12-01-2014 at 09:17 PM
Old 12-02-2014, 06:18 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgocam (View Post)
The three-episode arc was probably a setup for Kalinda's eventual exit. It dealt with the emotional aspect of her character. It's part of her character development.

Everyone is expecting her exit to be dramatic, maybe even violent because of this Bishop storyline. But perhaps in the end it's about her making a real and human decision for a life change.

They have been building up to this point for years. She told Will back in S1/S2? that when she's done, she's done. She has already wanted to move on at least a couple of times, once in 2.22 and again in 5.15 when she told Will she didn't want to be doing the same thing for the next 20 years.

Her character has always wanted to be "normal", but events in her life kept pulling her back into this cycle of darkness. It may be happening again with Bishop. Her exit itself doesn't have to be dramatic or operatic, but events leading up to her final decision could be quite dramatic if it has something to do with Bishop. We've already seen their chilling encounters in recent episodes.

What Lana has done in 6.05 was shown Kalinda that she wanted to reach out, have a normal relationship and she doesn't see their relationship as a game. I think that last scene when Lana walked out made an impact on Kalinda.

In 6.08 we saw Kalinda actually happy, even a bit starry-eyed. Her hair down was symbolic of her comfort level with Lana and with herself. She seemed, "normal"!

In 6.09 she was faced with having to make a commitment to take Lana seriously, and she did. That was major growth for her character.

I know the 3-epsiode Lana arc seemed a bit rushed, but that's all the Kings had because of Jill's schedule. Given K/L's onscreen history in the series, it's not hard to believe all the feelings are finally surfacing for both characters.

So, with the emotional aspect of her character arc more or less established, they will move to the next phase where events (probably dealing with Bishop) will push her to make that final decision to move on.

Lana is also playing a part in the Bishop story arc with Kalinda. We'll probably hear more about the white card. Bishop's issues with Kalinda is that she has a federal agent girlfriend and he doesn't like it. I think that adds to the growing tension between B/K.

Lana's last scene at the FBI is a little harder to comprehend if we don't see her again to resolve that part of her storyline. But maybe it's all part of the narrative that BOTH Lana and Kalinda will be wanting to make a change. It would be more ideal we if actually see Lana together with Kalinda making that decision. But they could get away with just showing Kalinda tell someone, perhaps Diane, that she's finally done and want to have a normal life with her girlfriend. (This is, of course, my wish more than a speculation. )

Time will tell if I'm right about any of this.
Makes sense at some level. I would, however, be very happy to see her back, so I am sad that won't happen. Let's hope that Kalinda at least mentions her later this season. I also still want to know what was up with that white card. I believe to have read in an interview it would be explained, but nothing so far..
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Let's hope that Kalinda at least mentions her later this season. I also still want to know what was up with that white card. I believe to have read in an interview it would be explained, but nothing so far..
I think they planted the white card so that they would have a storyline for Kalinda in the second half of the season that would also involve Lana, even if they just mention her name.

Here's a brilliant Kalinda/Lana new fanfic. It's really well written.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think they planted the white card so that they would have a storyline for Kalinda in the second half of the season that would also involve Lana, even if they just mention her name.
Let's hope so! I'd love to see Jilly in the show again and maybe they'll manage, who knows? but at least they should conclude that story

Quote:
Here's a brilliant Kalinda/Lana new fanfic. It's really well written.
Thanks! I love it! I'm so glad there are still people writing Kalinda fic and not just A/K fic because my heart is too broken up about it to read a lot of those.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

anyone interested in pics of Jill?

Old 01-22-2015, 03:25 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
anyone interested in pics of Jill?
I'm mostly interested in news that she may return to the TGW to wrap up her story line with Kalinda. One can only hope....but pictures will be welcomed aswell!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.