Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

That was a really good shot of them They were so good with each other, I expected something to go wrong any moment, when Kalinda broke the card I felt so many mixed feelings.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
They were so good with each other, I expected something to go wrong any moment, when Kalinda broke the card I felt so many mixed feelings.
We get so used to bad things happening to them to spoil the romance, it's almost surreal to think may be they'll finally find happiness.

I tend to think Kalinda broke the card because she couldn't go through with deceiving Lana. She's been so accustomed to using the people she sleeps with (mainly Jenna and Cary in S5) she doesn't think about it. But I think in 6.05 when she accused Lana of snooping the J-Serve files on her desk and Lana said, "Just because you would do it doesn't mean I would"… it had an impact on her.

I also think she's falling in love with Lana in a way that she has never felt before.

I wonder what the card is about though. If it's some kind of tracking device, there must be stuff inside when she snapped it in half. Maybe it's just a blank card to test her loyalty.

ETA: K/L Screencaps for 6.08

Last edited by pgocam; 11-11-2014 at 11:49 AM
Old 11-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They seem to be setting up Kalinda/Lana to be together. Maybe they'll just have to text each other the rest of the reason, and we'll only see Kalinda's phone with the messages.
you mean they'd actually make shippers happy? Is RK not the showrunner anymore or something?

Quote:
Kalinda and Lana are shockingly gentle with one another in 6.08. Well, maybe not shocking, but it's definitely surprising to see Kalinda letting her hair down literally and figuratively.
And it's a nice callback to the lines that were cut out of the elevator scene in S1 finale where Lana was asking Kalinda if she ever let her hair down.

Quote:
I think Kalinda is in love with Lana.
I don't know if Kalinda is hardwired for love. I think she's been through a lot that redefined her emotional connections in many ways.
She does seem to be letting Lana in though, which is big for her, especially after Alicia broke her heart.

Quote:
But I think in 6.05 when she accused Lana of snooping the J-Serve files on her desk and Lana said, "Just because you would do it doesn't mean I would"… it had an impact on her.
I think so too. When Donna told her off in s2, you could tell it affected her. I think the same happened here.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

And it's a nice callback to the lines that were cut out of the elevator scene in S1 finale where Lana was asking Kalinda if she ever let her hair down.
I didn't notice that. Nice catch!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

if I am 100% honest, I should say I am disappointed they didn't go all the way with it. After all, Lana was also asking "not even in the shower?" and Archie said that seeing Kalinda with her hair down would never happen because it was like seeing her naked so... a shower scene would have killed them?

Old 11-13-2014, 07:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
you mean they'd actually make shippers happy? Is RK not the showrunner anymore or something?
Couples are only allowed to be happy if they're never seen, like Diane & Kurt. So maybe it's perfect for this situation.

But I was thinking that since they have perfected the art of Kalinda communicating with people by phone, it wouldn't be so hard to keep the relationship going via text messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling
I don't know if Kalinda is hardwired for love. I think she's been through a lot that redefined her emotional connections in many ways.
She does seem to be letting Lana in though, which is big for her
Maybe not love in the conventional sense at this point. But I thought when she was in the bathroom looking in the mirror, she seemed smitten and a little bewildered by the effect Lana was having on her. It's a look that we've never seen anyway.

Quote:
Archie said that seeing Kalinda with her hair down would never happen because it was like seeing her naked
Her updo hair is her armor. If she's finally letting her hair down, it means she's ready to allow the walls to come down, ready to be "naked", at least in private (with Lana). We'll see if she'll indeed open up to Lana in the next episode. It feels like the writers are going out of the way to set things up, like Lana talking about coming out to her mother. It's all part of getting Kalinda to be more emotionally available.

This is Kalinda's last season, if she doesn't grow now, then she'll leave the show still a very sad and tragic character.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:41 PM
Elite Fan

Jill Flint looks back on Lana and Kalinda’s relationship on ‘The Good Wife’ | New York Post

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-15-2014, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

Love that interview! Jill is so awesome

Quote:
Couples are only allowed to be happy if they're never seen, like Diane & Kurt. So maybe it's perfect for this situation.

Quote:
But I was thinking that since they have perfected the art of Kalinda communicating with people by phone, it wouldn't be so hard to keep the relationship going via text messages.
Damn. That would be a nice fic. Sexting mandatory optional

Quote:
Maybe not love in the conventional sense at this point. But I thought when she was in the bathroom looking in the mirror, she seemed smitten and a little bewildered by the effect Lana was having on her. It's a look that we've never seen anyway.
and Jill said "Lana fell first" so we know she also thinks Kalinda is falling

Quote:
It feels like the writers are going out of the way to set things up, like Lana talking about coming out to her mother. It's all part of getting Kalinda to be more emotionally available.
My fingers are so crossed, I can hardly type
If we can't get A/K (and I don't even want it anymore at this point), considering Kalinda is leaving, I surely hope they'll give us this.

Quote:
This is Kalinda's last season, if she doesn't grow now, then she'll leave the show still a very sad and tragic character.
Not to mention emptier than when we met her really...

Old 11-18-2014, 02:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Love that interview! Jill is so awesome
She confirmed the Kalinda hair down thing. Yep. Naked.

Quote:
and Jill said "Lana fell first" so we know she also thinks Kalinda is falling
"I take you seriously." = Kalinda's version of falling in love big time.

Man, sometimes Kalinda really frustrates me. But it was so cute that she had her back to Lana when she said, "I take you seriously. It's not easy. But I take you seriously". Baby steps.

That was a beautiful scene which was cut short in half due to time according to RK's live tweet. It's criminal!

6.09 Screencaps
Old 11-18-2014, 04:01 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgocam (View Post)
She confirmed the Kalinda hair down thing. Yep. Naked.

Man, sometimes Kalinda really frustrates me. But it was so cute that she had her back to Lana when she said, "I take you seriously. It's not easy. But I take you seriously". Baby steps.

That was a beautiful scene which was cut short in half due to time according to RK's live tweet. It's criminal!

6.09 Screencaps
Loved that scene! I sure hope Jill will return toward the end of the season. The episode even ended with a Lana scene, so I hope they are going to resolve that AND bring them together for real in the final episodes. I have nothing against Cary and Kalinda ( they really care for eachother ), but he isn't her soul-mate really.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Loved that scene! I sure hope Jill will return toward the end of the season. The episode even ended with a Lana scene, so I hope they are going to resolve that AND bring them together for real in the final episodes.
I hope so too. It was very interesting that they ended the episode with a Lana scene. There must be a reason for that. Maybe she'll be eventually fired by the FBI for helping Kalinda.

They really made a point about Lana's boss learning that she's sleeping with Kalinda. I thought Cary's outburst was about Lana getting upset with Kalinda because Cary called K his "girlfriend". But nope, Lana seemed more upset that her personal relationship with Kalinda was made known to her boss.

They still haven't revealed the significance of the white card. Maybe Kalinda's exit will have something to do with the Bishop/Kalinda/Lana arc.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Totally agree!

I'm just dropping in to say I'm relieved the show didn't kill Lana. It seemed touch-and-go for a sec there.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots Electric (View Post)
Totally agree!

I'm just dropping in to say I'm relieved the show didn't kill Lana. It seemed touch-and-go for a sec there.
But like what happens now? Isn't Jill in AZ? Like gosh I hope this arch gets closure.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 11-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
But like what happens now? Isn't Jill in AZ? Like gosh I hope this arch gets closure.
Yeah that's my issue as well. I'm hoping and praying Jill can come back for another episode this season.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
She's in New Mexico filming. The Kings must have some kind of arrangement with her to come back. It feels there should be more to the story. The last scene with Kalinda was so brief it couldn't be the last one between them. Lana's closing scene also puzzled me. Why have a scene like that at all if it leads to nothing. The show is about the Education of Alicia Florrick, not How Lana Delaney Lost Her Job. So there must be more to it.