Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
There must be something that she can turn to, in order to switch off her mind when it's overloaded.
I could see her painting or fencing.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Fluffffff!! Thank you so much for the recap So sad I missed it! But glad I got it all here

Quote:
She's tough but I'm much tougher
Nice!! So excited we will get to see Kalinda's office ooo mama, I cannot wait to see what it looks like
I doubt K has anything in her office that would tell us more about her, in her home maybe. But not in the office, and I agree not really sure K needs one, but still cool to see it

Quote:
I'd love to see what kind of toys she has though. Computers and stuff of course, you pervs
my mind went straight there

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 08-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There is a reason for her choices, and not all are surely made ​​from the point of view of utility.
Well the notebook is obviously something she uses a lot
As for the others, it's either part of her uniform like everything else or maybe they have sentimental value. Still I don't think the aesthetics really are a component.

Quote:
What we don't know, it doesn't exist. : look: I can admit that theory, I just find it hard to accept it.
It's a possibility though.

Quote:
However fierce Kalinda may be, I can't dehumanized her like that. Deep down, there's something more, and her affection for Alicia is proof of that.
I don't think it's about US dehumanizing her. I think it's about her dehumanizing herself. Probably in order to avoid pain. Or at least that's how it started and now it's become a habit. Her affection for Alicia is proof she is more human than she'd want to be, and the fact she's backing out because she's in pain only shows that even more clearly.

Quote:
I think she likes the pleasure for the pleasure itself, thus the no consequences or tomorrow you wake up. Do you know what I mean?
I do and I think it's a good theory. And it fits the emotional detachment as well. I remember we had a discussion about Kalinda and sex in the Kalinda thread but we have very little to go on, as everything Kalinda.

Quote:
I could see her painting or fencing.
batting practice maybe?
Fencing would be tight but painting? I don't know. For all we know she's a knitting detective

Quote:
my mind went straight there
Soooo not surprised

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 08-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
As for the others, it's either part of her uniform like everything else or maybe they have sentimental value.
I think I prefer this last one. They can have sentimental value, even if she keeps that all to herself. She wouldn't used them just because it's pretty...

Quote:
It's a possibility though.
I like to believe she's much more than that.

Quote:
I think it's about her dehumanizing herself. Probably in order to avoid pain.... Her affection for Alicia is proof she is more human than she'd want to be
Definitely, I agree with you.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Alicia is proof she is more human than she'd want to be, and the fact she's backing out because she's in pain only shows that even more clearly.
Oh yes, we do not need anymore clear indication of this than how she reacted to Alicia and what she tells Will afterwards!
Quote:
but painting? I don't know. For all we know she's a knitting detective
Kalinda painting or knitting I cannot even picture it

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I like to believe she's much more than that.
I do think she's more than that. There's more than meet the eye about her, that's a fact. I'm just not sure there's music or books or hobbies in her life. Her job is not just an occupation or a paycheck to her. She's not using it to fill a void life either. She just likes being really good at something. And the job is it.

Quote:
She wouldn't used them just because it's pretty...
Exactly. I don't think there's anything random or superficial about anything she exposes about herself. Which is why I know her place, just like her office would be mostly designed for efficiency.

Quote:
Oh yes, we do not need anymore clear indication of this than how she reacted to Alicia and what she tells Will afterwards!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-02-2016, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

are there TGW sites still around?
{EphramAmy}
patricia