Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife TV Room #3 - Because even a bad tv show is better than a bad boyfriend

Welcome to the TV Room
The thread where the Teevee Junkies can get their fix

Previous Thread

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT haha title just gets better and better

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

Mirani's idea

Old 07-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT

Love that title
Old 07-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks!

Quote:
where did you stop?
There was Rose, there were a few scary scenes with blood, I think someone died, possibly her boyfriend, probably in a bath and there were spiky things, a conspiracy and she was hired as a lawyer, Glenn Close was having problems with her son and scheming with a tall man who looks military (her husband?)
Basically I watched it 2-3 years ago and don't remember much but tell me what has become exciting about the show! (And if you do, please keep in mind that I don't care about the acting )

I already knew about the Glee thing. The worse is that I'm sure lots of people are going to keep watching
They do the same on Degrassi with the students graduating. I saw one episode the other day and I only recognized like 2 characters I'm getting old!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but tell me what has become exciting about the show! (And if you do, please keep in mind that I don't care about the acting )
more scheming. Bigger and creepier. More back stabbing. More characters dying. So all in all, probably not your kind of show
Seriously though, the scripts got better, I think. The plot got more complex and Byrne's character was less doe-eyed in S2 and S3. She was way too naive in S1.
She's been given the Patty Hewes treatment

Quote:
They do the same on Degrassi with the students graduating. I saw one episode the other day and I only recognized like 2 characters I'm getting old!!!
no you're not! And it's always been the same with Degrassi. The original one was like that too.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Why wouldn't it be my kind of show? I love back stabbing!
I really do not remember anything about Rose's character (aside from thinking that she looked like Eva Green... which is really irrelevant) so I can't compare.
Are they working together or opposite?

Quote:
no you're not! And it's always been the same with Degrassi. The original one was like that too.
I thought the old Degrassi stopped when the main group graduated but it's so funny that they're the parents or teachers in the new generation!
Also, I've been feeling old since people around my age started becoming celebrities. Damn you Taylor Lautner!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Why wouldn't it be my kind of show? I love back stabbing!
well you seemed to be saying that didn't really interest you in S1 and really the other seasons are more of the same. Only the annoying part for me kinda faded so I liked the show more.

Quote:
Are they working together or opposite?
That's part of the story
In S1, Rose is working for Glenn but then stuff happens and she starts working against her for other people in S2 and then in S3 she works for the SA but they kinda have to work together anyway. It certainly is the most interesting part, their weird relationship.

Quote:
I thought the old Degrassi stopped when the main group graduated but it's so funny that they're the parents or teachers in the new generation!
Hehe it's always been a very organic show. I loved it when I was a teen.

Quote:
Also, I've been feeling old since people around my age started becoming celebrities. Damn you Taylor Lautner!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

TFTNT!

Should I step in here in the future? Because I don't think I'll watch Damages live, but all together at the end.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Should I step in here in the future? Because I don't think I'll watch Damages live, but all together at the end.
We'll try not to spoil you. I think we could use spoiler spaces (it's better than spoiler tags and it helps not spoil anyone who hasn't seen a particular episode/show)

Old 07-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
We'll try not to spoil you. I think we could use spoiler spaces (it's better than spoiler tags and it helps not spoil anyone who hasn't seen a particular episode/show)
Thanks!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm watching "Falling Skies", nothing special I agree but it's a nice entertainment and it doesn't require a lot of effort. It could be better, just removing Noah Wyle would do the trick. And maybe drop some rhetorical speeches...

Torchwood has started.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
I'm watching "Falling Skies", nothing special I agree but it's a nice entertainment and it doesn't require a lot of effort. It could be better, just removing Noah Wyle would do the trick.
I don't watch it but everytime I see the promo it makes me curious. The fact that Noah Wyle is in it plays a big part in it
Old 07-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
I'm watching "Falling Skies", nothing special I agree but it's a nice entertainment and it doesn't require a lot of effort. It could be better, just removing Noah Wyle would do the trick. And maybe drop some rhetorical speeches...
Not my thing. I used to like Noah on E.R. though. However, FS has already been renewed after two episodes which totally made me go
Old 07-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The problem with Noah Wyle is the lack of expressions, he looks always pouting and I can see why, considering the situation but after just five episodes he got on my nerves. So far it seems a bit too politically correct.

Quote:
FS has already been renewed after two episodes which totally made me go
Yeah and considering how we have suffered until may, I wonder which kind of policies they have. CBS is really conservative but I believe they were sure of a season two before airing the pilot.