Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-30-2017, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think my heart could've taken a scene of them deciding to name a baby girl Siobhan, just thinking about this is killing me
Old 12-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Awww Ju

I honestly can't watch tv anymore. Even the best shows end up disappointing and they are very rare to start with. I think I'm sticking with gaming from now on. Most have better cast and storylines than shows anyway

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 12-08-2017, 04:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Awww Ju

I honestly can't watch tv anymore. Even the best shows end up disappointing and they are very rare to start with. I think I'm sticking with gaming from now on. Most have better cast and storylines than shows anyway

Jos and I recently started a ''The Newsroom'' rewatch. Already at S3 (benefit of short seasons). Really makes me miss the show, the quality was amazing and I loved the cast/characters. Then again, if they would have made more seasons, who knows about the quality those seasons would have had..
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Really makes me miss the show, the quality was amazing and I loved the cast/characters. Then again, if they would have made more seasons, who knows about the quality those seasons would have had..
I knooow! I miss it too. I'm just glad they managed to squeeze in another season with all that Sorkin had on his plate and that it was such a great season, instead of a half-assed throwaway "let's make some more money before we let it go" season.

I'm also very happy that HBO didn't choose to keep going with another writer (like the terrible last 3 seasons of TWW ) but I think Sorkin now has a clause in his contract that prevents that kind of BS.

And when I'm sad it's gone, I just read the list of Sorkin's projects since and coming next and I'm just happy it even existed

Old 12-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't had much patience for tv, either. Everything seems kind of the same, sometimes I start shows and drop them within the first 10 minutes, or even less I admit, though, that sometimes a show is so bad it becomes fun to watch
Old 12-12-2017, 04:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I knooow! I miss it too. I'm just glad they managed to squeeze in another season with all that Sorkin had on his plate and that it was such a great season, instead of a half-assed throwaway "let's make some more money before we let it go" season.

I'm also very happy that HBO didn't choose to keep going with another writer (like the terrible last 3 seasons of TWW ) but I think Sorkin now has a clause in his contract that prevents that kind of BS.

And when I'm sad it's gone, I just read the list of Sorkin's projects since and coming next and I'm just happy it even existed
Agreed with everything you said. We just finished S3, forgot a lot about the series finale. I'm happy with how everything wrapped up. Life continues.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
haven't had much patience for tv, either. Everything seems kind of the same, sometimes I start shows and drop them within the first 10 minutes, or even less
I usually force myself to watch the full pilot/premiere of all the new dramas each season but this year, I just... can't.

Quote:
I admit, though, that sometimes a show is so bad it becomes fun to watch
Unintentional comedies are the best

Quote:
Agreed with everything you said. We just finished S3, forgot a lot about the series finale. I'm happy with how everything wrapped up. Life continues.
Charliiiiiie but yeah, talk about making a character death count! That's great writing.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In April, I watched this Spanish show on Netflix, Las Chicas Del Cable, and I hated it so much that I bitched about it to whoever would listen for a long time, couldn't watch more than a couple of episodes. Last month, I was half unemployed, so had a lot of free time, and for some reason I wanted to watch something in Spanish. I like watching stuff in other languages that aren't English, specially when I know a little, it's my chance to practice. But the only shows in Spanish I knew were Ingobernable (Mexican), which I had already finished (and will only watch with my mom) and Las Chicas. So I thought eh, okay, it's just 6 more episodes, maybe if I accept that it's just a SOAP OPERA despite how much they tried to sell it as feminism, I'll get through it.

And you know what happened? Not only did I actually LOVE the freaking soap opera, I somehow fell madly in love with a couple that will obviously NOT be endgame because that's my shipper luck no matter what I'm watching And now I won't stop talking about it and the second season comes out in 10 days and I'm agkwhfrjefjefk about it and I don't even understand why, I'm still painfully aware it's NOT good at all
Old 12-15-2017, 10:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I usually force myself to watch the full pilot/premiere of all the new dramas each season but this year, I just... can't.

Charliiiiiie but yeah, talk about making a character death count! That's great writing.
Yeah, I actually forgot about him dying. Was shocked for the second time
Old 12-16-2017, 01:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Guys do you know any good comedy series?
Old 12-16-2017, 02:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annima (View Post)
Guys do you know any good comedy series?
What type of comedy are you into? Or just anything in particular?
Old 12-17-2017, 01:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
What type of comedy are you into? Or just anything in particular?
I like Leverage and Gilmore Girls for example. Generaly something optimistic, with strong relationships between characters. Full House was nice too, very warm, so a big bonus
Old 12-17-2017, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annima (View Post)
I like Leverage and Gilmore Girls for example. Generaly something optimistic, with strong relationships between characters. Full House was nice too, very warm, so a big bonus
You might want to checkout Brooklyn 99, all of the main characters of there have great dynamics and I think it's pretty funny.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

B99 would be my suggestion as well, amazing show
Old 12-17-2017, 12:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
B99 would be my suggestion as well, amazing show
I know B99, it's great Any other suggestions?