Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Neil Gaiman afficionado, here! I think he actually wrote for the show. I know he created a couple of characters especially for it so I'm guessing he wrote at least one episode.
Love me some Gaiman, oh yeah Definitely the author I have the most books of that wasn't because of a series
Old 05-06-2017, 12:40 AM
Extreme Fan

5 episode was SO good I have to highlight it.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
I can't beleive Alexis Bledel considered a good actress now. But she is actually good in promos.
Haven't watched the show yet, but planning to. Personally I think she was already much better in the later years of GG and the revival especially. Not emmy good, but still...good. First reviews I read love her in Handmaid, so I can't wait to see it.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Haven't watched the show yet, but planning to. Personally I think she was already much better in the later years of GG and the revival especially. Not emmy good, but still...good. First reviews I read love her in Handmaid, so I can't wait to see it.
It's not like that she can't act, but she has that annoying aura.
Speaking about annoying, gosh, Piper is so annoying. She serves zero purpose and has no story. In 6th episode she is all woke again and making me cringe... But it was a good episode.
I have a feeling they are writing her off. She and Alex were main sellers of first season, because they are white attractive females. But now I started to notice that everyone has a perfect teeth, hair (even after sleeping in vomit) and so on. Show was way more realistic when it comes to looks in earlier seasons. Yeah, cast diversity is still unmatched, but...
Shaping up to be the best season. In b4 they ruin it with last 3 episodes.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, she was in The Catch, lol. I totally forgot about this show, btw. It's not doing better than it was doing during the first season.
Oh I totally forgot about that one too
I liked the first couple of episodes of the first season but then it went down real fast and I lost interest. And they really lifted too much from Hustle

Quote:
But they still making fuss about Poussey death, which is not surprising considering she died few days ago, but still... fake. If you want people to care about characters, at least show them in more than 2 episodes before you kill them off.
Yeah it didn't feel right then and keeping it going won't fix that.

Quote:
5 episode was SO good I have to highlight it.
well I'll try it.

Quote:
She's got a pretty big scene in Episode 3 and it's a tough one and she can't speak so it's not easy but she did very well. I find her less convincing with the lines for some reason

Quote:
Speaking about annoying, gosh, Piper is so annoying. She serves zero purpose and has no story.
yes! I want a Tshirt with that! I've been pretty much convinced since season 2 that they only keep her around because she was supposed to be "the lead" and for the shippers (who are rare these days).

Quote:
In b4 they ruin it with last 3 episodes
so optimism is out the window already?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I liked the first couple of episodes of the first season but then it went down real fast and I lost interest. And they really lifted too much from Hustle
We discussed it. We both disliked first episode but then it had a little moment... and then decline again.
Quote:
yes! I want a Tshirt with that! I've been pretty much convinced since season 2 that they only keep her around because she was supposed to be "the lead" and for the shippers (who are rare these days).
I don't remember when I started hating her... Probably when she decided to sell underwear, it was a clear "We don't know what to do with her" moment, but then it's not like 3rd season was about something important.
Quote:
so optimism is out the window already?
I won't spoil it, but Piscatella is going maaad, so another 'very evil guard" story is coming. Also, I think Piper being annoying and even helping Taystee in front of cameras foreshadowing her demise and will be the reason why her term will be extended.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have so many watches and rewatches running at the same time, I don't know where to turn
Old 05-08-2017, 04:34 AM
Supreme Fan

I love the Catch. Rating-wise it's doing slightly better than S1. It's not my favorite show ever and it's far from realistic, but it's nice entertainment. Don't see it last long though. The cast is great.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
I love the Catch. Rating-wise it's doing slightly better than S1. It's not my favorite show ever and it's far from realistic, but it's nice entertainment. Don't see it last long though. The cast is great.
Actually it's the opposite. It went fractional and below 3m viewers, sadly.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Carla I think your reply to this thread ended up on the counting thread
Old 05-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Carla I think your reply to this thread ended up on the counting thread
Yep and it wasn't the first time either Thanks

Here it is. Unearthed.

Quote:
I have so many watches and rewatches running at the same time, I don't know where to turn
I know the feeling.

Quote:
We discussed it. We both disliked first episode but then it had a little moment... and then decline again.
Yeah and Peter Krause

Quote:
Except Peter Krause who's about as convincing as a con man as my grandma would have been. No. Less.

Quote:
I don't remember when I started hating her... Probably when she decided to sell underwear, it was a clear "We don't know what to do with her" moment, but then it's not like 3rd season was about something important.
And she started thinking of herself as some kind of big deal. Ugh. I would hate that character even if the actress was good.

Quote:
I won't spoil it, but Piscatella is going maaad, so another 'very evil guard" story is coming.
Hmmmm. Me no happy.

Last edited by Gelfling; 05-09-2017 at 06:14 PM
Old 05-10-2017, 02:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Yep and it wasn't the first time either Thanks

Here it is. Unearthed.

I know the feeling.

Yeah and Peter Krause

Except Peter Krause who's about as convincing as a con man as my grandma would have been. No. Less.

And she started thinking of herself as some kind of big deal. Ugh. I would hate that character even if the actress was good.

Hmmmm. Me no happy.
Agreed about Krause He was more likeable and believable in Parenthood imo. Never saw Six Feet Under (besides the first season).
Old 05-10-2017, 06:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, him too. She can find someone better, but maybe D is too good? Who knows.
Maybe Piper is bad on purpose? I just don't understand why they need her. She is not that big of a star and I even saw them promoting show without her + she is barely there anyway. Can one of inmates shot her or something? Lol. I remember being sad seeing how that crazy girl wanted to kill her in first season, but now...
2-9 episodes were amazing. 9 episode was shot like a horror movie and it was surprisingly good. 10th episode... Eh, it wasn't bad but very over the top + production wise you can say it was the most unfinished one.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Agreed about Krause He was more likeable and believable in Parenthood imo. Never saw Six Feet Under (besides the first season).
He sucked in SFU too but it was a popular cable show with an edgy topic back when there weren't that many so he actually got awards

Quote:
Maybe Piper is bad on purpose? I just don't understand why they need her.
Purely for the name, imo. The show has nothing to do with the book it's supposed to be adapted from, except for the title and the names so I think they are keeping her because she's the "author".

Quote:
She is not that big of a star and I even saw them promoting show without her
Yeah because nobody cares about her. And certainly not the media. She's the most boring character, if not downright the most annoying. And other more interesting characters with unknown actresses exploded with the media and the fans so they are promoting on them. You know... the awarded ones

Quote:
Can one of inmates shot her or something? Lol. I remember being sad seeing how that crazy girl wanted to kill her in first season, but now...
Yeah that was the good old days

Quote:
2-9 episodes were amazing. 9 episode was shot like a horror movie and it was surprisingly good. 10th episode... Eh, it wasn't bad but very over the top + production wise you can say it was the most unfinished one.
Damn you're making me look forward to it now! but I'm finishing Sense8 before I start anything else.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:01 AM
Extreme Fan

But who didn't suck in SFU?
Except for Claire and Federico? And even Claire had her bad moments. And ofcourse I liked Brenda, but overall it was another overrated HBO show, IMO.
OITNB kinda reminds me of True Blood. They keep on brining back focus to/or characters we don't need anymore. Also, I'm not sure about them trying to make Pennsatucky a good character after what she nearly did (too pity she didn't lol) with Piper. Are we supposed to be sorry for her or something? She didn't deserve to be raped ofc, but... And now she felt in love with him. Like, I don't know.
And Crazy Eyes. She wanted Piper to be her "wife" and was very agressive but now she is good.