Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
but I must admit that the amount of promising pilots/shows are decreasing every year.
Sad but true.

- Mel
Old 10-05-2017, 02:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I must admit that the amount of promising pilots/shows are decreasing every year.
Shockingly if you consider how much money is spent shooting pilots that we will never get on the air and how much money is spent "testing" the ones that do, and end up canceled after a few weeks

The only new show I'm happy about is Star Trek Discovery. Episode 1 and 2 were a bit meh but episode 3 is really a step up in quality of script and direction. I guess it's a good thing Bryan Fuller left to screw up American Gods

Other than that, but it's a Brit show, Electric Dreams is amazing but then Phillip K. Dick's short stories have always been some of my favorite short stories, which kinda made me worry about the show but it's actually really good. And not as depressing as Black Mirror even though still very dark.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-14-2017, 06:08 AM
Supreme Fan

Few episodes in and still liking The Good Doctor. Ten Days in the Valley is nice too, love Kyra Sedgwick in it. A real ''think'' show.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

I wanted to watch Kevin (Probably) Saves the World, thought it might be like Joan of Arcadia. Wrong! I'm bored. Might be good if it was only 30 minutes, but a hour... no way.

On a side note, my dad is watching with me. He never realized that Kevin's sister is the same girl who was Reba's dumb daughter on Reba. Blew my mind. I guess the hair color threw him off.

- Mel
Old 10-24-2017, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I wanted to watch Kevin (Probably) Saves the World, thought it might be like Joan of Arcadia. Wrong! I'm bored. Might be good if it was only 30 minutes, but a hour... no way.
Yeah it's not written by Fuller, for sure. It feels a bit overstretched

Quote:
He never realized that Kevin's sister is the same girl who was Reba's dumb daughter on Reba. Blew my mind. I guess the hair color threw him off.
well some people are less able than others to remember facial features. I'm usually very good at it but I keep hearing it's freakish

Good Behavior s2 started again and it's such a shame that Michelle Dockery will never get any kind of recognition for it because she's brilliant in that show. When I think of all the nominations she got out of Downton Abbey, which was melodrama at best... and nothing for this, I guess it goes to show that it's all about the campaigning and very little about the acting

At least she's showing she can do other things than Brit period soap, which is good for her.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:25 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Yeah it's not written by Fuller, for sure. It feels a bit overstretched

well some people are less able than others to remember facial features. I'm usually very good at it but I keep hearing it's freakish

Good Behavior s2 started again and it's such a shame that Michelle Dockery will never get any kind of recognition for it because she's brilliant in that show. When I think of all the nominations she got out of Downton Abbey, which was melodrama at best... and nothing for this, I guess it goes to show that it's all about the campaigning and very little about the acting

At least she's showing she can do other things than Brit period soap, which is good for her.
Happy to hear Michelle is doing well on that show. Always loved her on Downton. Haven't seen Good Behavior yet, our TV schedule is way too fill atm

Regarding Downton: a while ago they mentioned ''something big was going on on Downton'', but they haven't given us more than that. Many believe it will be a movie. I surely hope so, even tho the series ending was done quite well.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:48 AM
Extreme Fan

STD renewed for second season.
Long live CBS Access.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
STD renewed for second season.
:yay; are you enjoying it? (I'm loving the news for many reasons but mostly because it puts all the misogynistic racist morons who call themselves trekkies down a few pegs )

Quote:
Happy to hear Michelle is doing well on that show. Always loved her on Downton. Haven't seen Good Behavior yet, our TV schedule is way too fill atm
I'm curious to know if you'll like it. I don't think it's your kind of show but I can vouch for her performance being nothing less than brilliant.

Quote:
Regarding Downton: a while ago they mentioned ''something big was going on on Downton'', but they haven't given us more than that.
Maybe Lady Mary died because I doubt she'd go back after trying so hard to distance herself.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Still haven't watched OB. Partly because I don't want it to end. Partly because I kinda wish it had ended last season.
Quote:
Way less about OB although that last season was just wrong on so many levels. Basically I liked the Allison episode, the Krystal episode and the last two acts of the finale. So wrong.
Unfortunately I couldn't agree more with both posts
Old 10-30-2017, 04:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
:yay; are you enjoying it? (I'm loving the news for many reasons but mostly because it puts all the misogynistic racist morons who call themselves trekkies down a few pegs )

I'm curious to know if you'll like it. I don't think it's your kind of show but I can vouch for her performance being nothing less than brilliant.

Maybe Lady Mary died because I doubt she'd go back after trying so hard to distance herself.
I'm sure to give it a try one day We just finished binge watching Supergirl (so now it's just a weekly show), so that's one show closer to having time

She's been asked about returning several times and she always said she would be in it for sure, because it helped her carreer a lot, while she also loves her co-stars. Then again, there's nothing set in stone apparantly. Shame, was looking forward to a movie
Old 10-31-2017, 03:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Unfortunately I couldn't agree more with both posts
Awww Ju I didn't even drop by the OB board, I was so disappointed by the season

But hey at least it existed and the end was good.

Quote:
Then again, there's nothing set in stone apparantly. Shame, was looking forward to a movie
I'm done with DA. Been done for a long time really but really they could go on forever so maybe that's why everybody is happy to be doing something else.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Awww Ju I didn't even drop by the OB board, I was so disappointed by the season
It's okay, I barely dropped by myself, for the exact same reason. I didn't expect to love season 5 as much as season 4, which was perfect to me, but I really didn't think it would be THAT bad
Old 11-01-2017, 09:18 PM
Extreme Fan

I have yet to watched STD, just happy racist conservatives are suffering.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I have yet to watched STD, just happy racist conservatives are suffering.
Haha me too. Even though the show started really well, it's dwindling since the 4th episode. The last few episodes have been network bad and considering the writers are CBS backbenchers (I'm not kidding, I think Fuller leaving with his writers left them a big hole they filled with just about anyone who wasn't needed in other CBS shows writers room like Elementary ) and last week was just some of the worst writing I've seen on tv in a long time but then again, I don't watch a lot of network tv

What are you watching these days? Have you tried Good Behavior?

Quote:
It's okay, I barely dropped by myself, for the exact same reason. I didn't expect to love season 5 as much as season 4, which was perfect to me, but I really didn't think it would be THAT bad
I know, right? I really don't get it. Same writers, lots of things they could have done and they did... vaguely boring mystery about the top of the Neo pyramid who turned out to be one of the most uninteresting character I've seen on tv, let alone OB ending in MEGA UBER Villain Boss battle?
And where were the clones? Or anyone else for that matter?

I loved the Allison episode and the Krystal episode and I like some of the clone ending but that was it.

Old 11-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, I still can't believe it, but the Alison episode was my favorite too, and she was my least favorite clone!

Quote:
who turned out to be one of the most uninteresting character I've seen on tv, let alone OB
YES! Honestly, if the season had been just Rachel going after the clones to be the last one standing, it would've been much more interesting (to me) than all those useless villains, old and new, who just kept taking screentime away from the clones