Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-30-2016, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Truth to be told, FOX is the only one (and maaaaybe ABC) trying with new formats. I also enjoyed Red Band Society a BIT (Cast was good, idea too).
Only very recently though. FOX's strategy has been basically cop shows, medical shows; then they switched to doing whatever was created by big names like Spielberg, Abrams, Whedon... and when that failed, now they are trying to be cable.

Except they lost the trust of those viewers a long time ago, by axing shows 2 episodes in, airing trash shows like Empire and, well, being FOX so they failed

Quote:
But sport shows rarely last and Exorcist is a clear cable/VOD material.
Pitch is failing mostly because women think it's about sports and don't even try it, and men... well, they think it's a "feminist fantasy show" and they are obviously disturbed by the idea a woman could play professional sports like men so they don't watch either.

The Exorcist, yeah it was a risky move. It's pretty hardcore at times, even though it's nothing like American Horror Story, and their viewers are not into that at all.

Quote:
Watching Criminal Minds reruns.... with original team. Kinda enjoy it.
I liked some of the first season but then Patinkin left and the stories got a big dumbed down, I felt.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 12-01-2016, 03:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Only very recently though. FOX's strategy has been basically cop shows, medical shows; then they switched to doing whatever was created by big names like Spielberg, Abrams, Whedon... and when that failed, now they are trying to be cable.

Except they lost the trust of those viewers a long time ago, by axing shows 2 episodes in, airing trash shows like Empire and, well, being FOX so they failed

Pitch is failing mostly because women think it's about sports and don't even try it, and men... well, they think it's a "feminist fantasy show" and they are obviously disturbed by the idea a woman could play professional sports like men so they don't watch either.

The Exorcist, yeah it was a risky move. It's pretty hardcore at times, even though it's nothing like American Horror Story, and their viewers are not into that at all.

I liked some of the first season but then Patinkin left and the stories got a big dumbed down, I felt.
Well, Pitch is mostly falling because it's on FOX, And people only watch Empire and hundred years old cartoons there.
I only watched few eps of AHS here and there and it's traaaaaaash. I heard good things about last season from my friend who watched at the start but stopped in later seasons. So I may check it.
CM has the same problems as other procedurals. It became "too big" even for a cop show, but I still do enjoy it sometimes as it's kinda "dark" for broadcast + I think they did good job reprising actors.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, Pitch is mostly falling because it's on FOX, And people only watch Empire and hundred years old cartoons there.
Hey! I was actually in high school when the Simpsons started! I'm not that ancient ( ok they're very very old)

The backlash against the show has been tremendous though. So much so that even 12 episodes in, and with sure signs that it won't continue, there are still pissed off neanderthals trolling every board and official page about the show

Quote:
I only watched few eps of AHS here and there and it's traaaaaaash.
It's not my cup of tea either I'm afraid. There are some outstanding performances that are wasted on ridiculous scripts and boring horror clichés (sorry, "homages" ) and a lot of gross scenes but not much beyond that.

Quote:
CM has the same problems as other procedurals. It became "too big" even for a cop show, but I still do enjoy it sometimes as it's kinda "dark" for broadcast + I think they did good job reprising actors.
it's way darker than most procedurals, for sure.

Somehow I'm almost glad Homeland was pushed into the new year because I have enough shows to last me the week right now and I won't have much to keep me until Orphan Black () and GoT start again.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hey! I was actually in high school when the Simpsons started! I'm not that ancient ( ok they're very very old)

The backlash against the show has been tremendous though. So much so that even 12 episodes in, and with sure signs that it won't continue, there are still pissed off neanderthals trolling every board and official page about the show

It's not my cup of tea either I'm afraid. There are some outstanding performances that are wasted on ridiculous scripts and boring horror clichés (sorry, "homages" ) and a lot of gross scenes but not much beyond that.

it's way darker than most procedurals, for sure.

Somehow I'm almost glad Homeland was pushed into the new year because I have enough shows to last me the week right now and I won't have much to keep me until Orphan Black () and GoT start again.
I never find AHS scary... It looks like some MTV show but with good actors. Teen Wolf level of scary.
Speaking about CM. AJ Cook aged sooooooo good.
I'm glad GOT is ending soon. Finally more shows will get recognition.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm glad GOT is ending soon. Finally more shows will get recognition.
Heh I think they have been awarding GoT because they don't know what else to award so we'll see what happens

Speaking of new and underwhelming, the season finale of Westworld was really not great. I can't tell if it's because they couldn't do what they wanted or because of all the re-writes but it sucked.

New shows have been a let down. Hopefully American Gods will provide a breath of fresh air in my season

And I finished Daredevil. Talking about underwhelming
What's with the Karen show this season? color me not interested! Damn.

At least Punisher was ok but it made Daredevil looks like more of a pussy than ever. Between him and Elektra, that poor dude had zero chance to look like anything else than a wimp

Old 12-17-2016, 09:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Heh I think they have been awarding GoT because they don't know what else to award so we'll see what happens

Speaking of new and underwhelming, the season finale of Westworld was really not great. I can't tell if it's because they couldn't do what they wanted or because of all the re-writes but it sucked.

New shows have been a let down. Hopefully American Gods will provide a breath of fresh air in my season

What's with the Karen show this season? color me not interested! Damn.

At least Punisher was ok but it made Daredevil looks like more of a pussy than ever. Between him and Elektra, that poor dude had zero chance to look like anything else than a wimp
Can you post what happened on Westworld this season? My TV is still broken and I don't wanna watch shows via streaming. Even missed tons of TWD eps.
Karen is your typical female character on such shows. "I love you even if it's dangerous and I'll die in your arms",
Also, when I tried to enter FF there was some virus? Like I was direct to another hosting site.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Can you post what happened on Westworld this season? My TV is still broken and I don't wanna watch shows via streaming. Even missed tons of TWD eps.
Damn. Broken tv! Not good. Well, I haven't had a tv in 10 years (I live on my computer)

You want a full Westworld recap? Did you watch it at all?

Quote:
Karen is your typical female character on such shows. "I love you even if it's dangerous and I'll die in your arms",
Are shippers called DDDD (Daredevil's Damnsel in Distress)?

Quote:
Also, when I tried to enter FF there was some virus? Like I was direct to another hosting site.
I'm glad you're back. Thought you'd given up on us
I think one of the banners was infected with something so they got tagged but it's solved now.

The OA started finally! Looks intriguing.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:45 PM
Extreme Fan

I watched first episode. That's it. I just wanna know what's the point of it, lol. Better from you than from other sources.
Well, I'm not planning to leave FF. But that was messy. I searched twitter and no one had the same problem.
Quote:
Are shippers called DDDD (Daredevil's Damnsel in Distress)?

The OA started finally! Looks intriguing.
Gosh, I hate badly written female characters so much. It's like they can only think with their V or heart (mostly both) but have no common sense.
What is OA?
Btw, This Is Us is nominated for Golden Globe. Now I have to watch it, lol.
Old 12-18-2016, 01:54 PM
Total Fan

Damn I haven't been in this thread for so long

Quote:
I stopped around episode 5 of S2 and I don't think I'll start again, I was just too bored. But I enjoyed Jessica Jones.

I don't know what to think about Westworld, on one hand it's ambitious, well-acted and filmed (I think Hopkins has his first good role in like 2 decades ) but on the other I don't care about the characters and this is a show that complicates things just to be harder to watch. But I'll tune in for S2.

But I'm really enjoying This is Us, I'm not into family dramas, but it's just well-done and I'm invested in the characters.

And I've had Netflix subscription since March (it got into Poland in January I guess...) and I love it, the database is definitely less impressive than in the US. but there's always something to watch )

I finished S3 of Mozart in the Jungle today. Carla, do I remember correctly that you are watching it?

I'm quite satisfied with the Golden Globes nominations this year, from comedies I need to finally watch Transparent.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I watched first episode. That's it. I just wanna know what's the point of it, lol. Better from you than from other sources.
I guess you could say the point is studying the essence of consciousness by putting various "robots" in situations where they have to evolve...
I think it's a good show with great moments. The season finale seemed to be very popular with most viewers. Personally I felt the twist was unnecessary but the rest of the episode was pretty good.

Quote:
Gosh, I hate badly written female characters so much. It's like they can only think with their V or heart (mostly both) but have no common sense.
And obviously, all the Karen lovers just haaaaate Elektra

Quote:
What is OA?
The OA is a damn good show! I am almost done. Couldn't stop watching this weekend! It's a mix of mystery and human drama with a possible supernatural element to it.
Now if you mean what "the OA" means, I'll tell you when I find out which should be soon

The premise is that a young woman, who had gone missing from her parents home 8 years earlier, just reappears out of nowhere. Oh and she used to be blind but now she can see.
Obviously there is much more to the story but I don't want to spoil you if you watch it. Let's just say that the story of what happened to her is very intriguing and intense and we learn about it as she tells it to a group of people she "chose for a greater purpose" we are finding out as the story unfolds.

Quote:
Btw, This Is Us is nominated for Golden Globe. Now I have to watch it, lol.
not me. They never nominated Orphan Black and they nominated more than one crappy show.

Quote:
Damn I haven't been in this thread for so long
Agaaaa! Hey we're just glad you showed up

Quote:
I don't know what to think about Westworld, on one hand it's ambitious, well-acted and filmed (I think Hopkins has his first good role in like 2 decades ) but on the other I don't care about the characters and this is a show that complicates things just to be harder to watch. But I'll tune in for S2.
I agree on the over-complicated aspect of it. I do like the characters though. Most of them anyway. And Hopkins is phenomenal in it. It's been very long since he's played anything but Hannibal Lecter in everything he did

Quote:
And I've had Netflix subscription since March (it got into Poland in January I guess...) and I love it, the database is definitely less impressive than in the US. but there's always something to watch )
That's why you disappeared!
I would agree but French Netflix sucks. You should check out the OA. I don't think the show would have been made by anyone but Netflix.

Quote:
I finished S3 of Mozart in the Jungle today. Carla, do I remember correctly that you are watching it?
Whhhhhhaaaaaaat??? How did I not know it had been released??
Damn, I'm so watching this over Xmas weekend did you enjoy it?

Quote:
I'm quite satisfied with the Golden Globes nominations this year, from comedies I need to finally watch Transparent.
Transparent is hard to get into. I liked some of s1 but I feel they're letting themselves down by focusing on the hipster children characters instead of focusing on Moira (Tambor) and the always excellent Judith Light.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:05 PM
Extreme Fan

This Is Us is acclaimed by critics... Overall. Not only Golden Globe, which is pretty much a popular contest (unlike Emmy or Oscar who can give award to someone/thing unknown).
And just like in the beggining of season, when we first discussed this show, I'm still think that it looks terrible from promotion, but I def want to check it now for some reason.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:38 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
And Hopkins is phenomenal in it. It's been very long since he's played anything but Hannibal Lecter in everything he did
Sometimes I like the characters, but overall I'm not really invested, I think the way it's narrated is partly to blame.
Quote:
That's why you disappeared!

Quote:
I would agree but French Netflix sucks. You should check out the OA. I don't think the show would have been made by anyone but Netflix.
I'm definitely gonna check it out. Also I've started to enjoy documentaries because of Netflix, I barely watched them earlier.
Quote:
Whhhhhhaaaaaaat??? How did I not know it had been released??
Damn, I'm so watching this over Xmas weekend did you enjoy it
You're welcome I think it premiered around 2 weeks ago. I enjoyed it, but had trouble getting into it at the beginning, mostly because I didn't remember what happened last season. That's the problem with the shows you watch over one weekend and then you wait a year for new episodes
Old 12-21-2016, 03:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
This Is Us is acclaimed by critics... Overall.
Yeah I don't trust critics anymore. Not since they trashed the Newsroom and ass-kissed every Disney's Marvel movie made

Quote:
Not only Golden Globe, which is pretty much a popular contest (unlike Emmy or Oscar who can give award to someone/thing unknown).
True but the Globes also nominated Outlander and well I don't know.

Quote:
And just like in the beggining of season, when we first discussed this show, I'm still think that it looks terrible from promotion, but I def want to check it now for some reason.
I'll probably try it too when the season is done, mostly because I check everything. Promotions are not made for me or you. They're for people who will watch anything that looks like draaaaaamaaaaa. So you never know what you may be missing.

Quote:
Sometimes I like the characters, but overall I'm not really invested, I think the way it's narrated is partly to blame.
I agree. For instance I care way more about Maeve than about Dolores.
Spoiler:

Quote:
I'm definitely gonna check it out. Also I've started to enjoy documentaries because of Netflix, I barely watched them earlier.
I have started watching a lot more too. Mostly because when I go to metacritic to check reviews, the best scores are always documentaries

Quote:
I think it premiered around 2 weeks ago. I enjoyed it, but had trouble getting into it at the beginning, mostly because I didn't remember what happened last season. That's the problem with the shows you watch over one weekend and then you wait a year for new episodes
Yeah I think I'm going to watch from the start again. They're short seasons and I enjoyed myself so much watching them, it won't be a chore at all

Anyway I'm running out of new stuff to watch because I'm making The OA laaaaaast and I'm back to rewatching 11th and 12th Doctor Who. I guess I need a sense of wonder in the holiday season

Old 12-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah I don't trust critics anymore. Not since they trashed the Newsroom and ass-kissed every Disney's Marvel movie made

True but the Globes also nominated Outlander and well I don't know.

I'll probably try it too when the season is done, mostly because I check everything. Promotions are not made for me or you. They're for people who will watch anything that looks like draaaaaamaaaaa. So you never know what you may be missing.

I agree. For instance I care way more about Maeve than about Dolores.
Spoiler:

I have started watching a lot more too. Mostly because when I go to metacritic to check reviews, the best scores are always documentaries

Yeah I think I'm going to watch from the start again. They're short seasons and I enjoyed myself so much watching them, it won't be a chore at all

Anyway I'm running out of new stuff to watch because I'm making The OA laaaaaast and I'm back to rewatching 11th and 12th Doctor Who. I guess I need a sense of wonder in the holiday season
They didn't ass-kissed Thor franchise and first Captain America movie. DS also got like 7/10. And they are compared to DC movies which are far far worse.
yeah I'm fanboying.
Outlander is kinda known. From mine experience.
I'll watch This Is Us in february, probaly.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And they are compared to DC movies which are far far worse.
yeah I'm fanboying.
fine by me. At least we agree that DC movies suck

Quote:
Outlander is kinda known. From mine experience.
Is it? I mean it's a Starz show with less than 2 million viewers on their top rated episodes and it's not exactly an award darling either
Not to say it's not good. I couldn't get into it because it has a bit of a romance paperback feel to it, not my thing, but it's not exactly popular. At least not that I know of.