Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-18-2016, 03:45 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

Oooooh good things! I envy you
Yeah, we're lucky that way ^^

Started watching ''In Treatment'' again this weekend...well, two episodes to start with Got the entire series, but only ever watched S1, so I decided it was time to watch S2 and it's actually a show I can watch on my own ^^
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Started watching ''In Treatment'' again this weekend...well, two episodes to start with Got the entire series, but only ever watched S1, so I decided it was time to watch S2 and it's actually a show I can watch on my own ^^
Love it! I never tried the original show because I just loved the remake so much, I didn't want to even compare it but in time I will.
How are you liking s2 compared to s1?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-18-2016, 11:55 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Love it! I never tried the original show because I just loved the remake so much, I didn't want to even compare it but in time I will.
How are you liking s2 compared to s1?
Just as good actually. Loved S1, so feared to be disappointed in S2, but nope, loving it
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just as good actually. Loved S1, so feared to be disappointed in S2, but nope, loving it
I had a hard time getting into s2 because so many of the stories are much heavier than s1. Allison Pill's story is especially devastating.
However, the show is so well written and the characters so well crafted, I couldn't stay away

The 100 is premiering tomorrow!

Old 01-21-2016, 01:01 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I had a hard time getting into s2 because so many of the stories are much heavier than s1. Allison Pill's story is especially devastating.
However, the show is so well written and the characters so well crafted, I couldn't stay away

The 100 is premiering tomorrow!
I only saw the first episode of Allison Pill's story, but I already started to tear up. Great actress and it's just devastating
Old 01-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I only saw the first episode of Allison Pill's story, but I already started to tear up. Great actress and it's just devastating
I know! They managed to make you invested into a character you barely know. The acting certainly does a lot for it but the writing is also exemplary. I wish it'd lasted longer.

I am catching up on How to Get Away With Murder. Talk about great actresses... Viola Davis keeps kicking my butt every damn episode!

The 100 season 3 premiered! I'm going to check the 100 board just to see how the shippers are taking the premiere should be fun.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:32 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I know! They managed to make you invested into a character you barely know. The acting certainly does a lot for it but the writing is also exemplary. I wish it'd lasted longer.

I am catching up on How to Get Away With Murder. Talk about great actresses... Viola Davis keeps kicking my butt every damn episode!
Same story with The Newsroom....still mad that one got cancelled. At least the ending was great, but I still miss it

Yes, Viola is awesome. The mid season finale will just grip you...especially her performance towards the end.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Same story with The Newsroom....still mad that one got cancelled. At least the ending was great, but I still miss it
Me too. I was watching a movie with Sam Waterston this weekend and I was like "Charliiiiiiiiiiiiie" yeah I miss it. I'm probably going to rewatch again (again ) soon.

Quote:
Yes, Viola is awesome. The mid season finale will just grip you...especially her performance towards the end.
She amazes me with just any scene, no matter how insignificant. And not just because I know how different she is from her character but because she turns the slightest line into something with a deeper meaning for her character.
So layered

I wonder if they're going to bring Famke back. I like Nathan but I think the chemistry with Eve is much better.

I'd also love to see her Mom back. What a great episode it was last season. I guess they don't really need her back because she was there for a reason, to reveal more about Annalise, and Cicely Tyson was on stage (at 91, y'all! ) until last week so probably it was harder but I hope she comes back.

Old 01-25-2016, 02:11 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Me too. I was watching a movie with Sam Waterston this weekend and I was like "Charliiiiiiiiiiiiie" yeah I miss it. I'm probably going to rewatch again (again ) soon.

She amazes me with just any scene, no matter how insignificant. And not just because I know how different she is from her character but because she turns the slightest line into something with a deeper meaning for her character.
So layered

I wonder if they're going to bring Famke back. I like Nathan but I think the chemistry with Eve is much better.

I'd also love to see her Mom back. What a great episode it was last season. I guess they don't really need her back because she was there for a reason, to reveal more about Annalise, and Cicely Tyson was on stage (at 91, y'all! ) until last week so probably it was harder but I hope she comes back.
Hope so too, especially Famke! She was great
Old 01-25-2016, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The 100 season 3 premiered! I'm going to check the 100 board just to see how the shippers are taking the premiere should be fun.
Sooooooooo I binged like 20 episodes of The100 this weekend And OMG I am hooked, I can't stop. Every episode I need to play the next one, what in the hell I didn't even think the pilot was all that. But what I do realize is that the writers value the characters, every chance they get, they put the characters in a situation where they can talk and get their feelings out. I love this, that to me is more important than any plot. I do wonder all the time about the shippers, I got spoiled about some kiss, and now I am dyinggg to get there

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-25-2016, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hope so too, especially Famke! She was great
I thought the chemistry was pretty good.
Just have the mid-season finale to watch now.

Quote:
Sooooooooo I binged like 20 episodes of The100 this weekend And OMG I am hooked, I can't stop.
I know, right? It's highly addictive.

Quote:
But what I do realize is that the writers value the characters, every chance they get, they put the characters in a situation where they can talk and get their feelings out.
it's definitely a character show. They constantly explore all sides of the characters and create situations to explore the characters, and the dynamics.
And they don't forget about relationships just because they're not romantic like other shows do.

Quote:
I do wonder all the time about the shippers, I got spoiled about some kiss, and now I am dyinggg to get there
well this show has the most non-sensical 'shipper war" going on
because one side is shippers who read the books and somehow hope the show will just join the books, when it's obvious it will not, and the other side is just people shipping an actual ship from the show so they don't even care because they won already.
I think you'll enjoy that one

Old 01-27-2016, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They constantly explore all sides of the characters and create situations to explore the characters, and the dynamics.
Yes!! I love love love, they always show different sides of all situations. Is great! I love the focus on characters, is perfect to me.

Quote:
And they don't forget about relationships just because they're not romantic like other shows do.
EXACTLY! I love Clarke/Abby dynamics because I love mother/daughter stuff. And Raven/Clarke friendship. I really adore the character explorations.

Quote:
well this show has the most non-sensical 'shipper war" going on
Oh god. I am staying farrrr away from that fandom then

Quote:
I think you'll enjoy that one
can't wait. I only have 3 episodes left

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-27-2016, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
EXACTLY! I love Clarke/Abby dynamics because I love mother/daughter stuff.
So much angst but yeah I know what you mean, it's not just love interests (when I told Ness you were watching she said "but... there's no married couple" but I said "well there's a Mom, same difference" )

Quote:
And Raven/Clarke friendship
I also like the Raven and Abby relationship. It's like they have this surrogacy mother/daughter thing and Raven is fighting Abby a lot

Quote:
Oh god. I am staying farrrr away from that fandom then
you should. The prevalent air of casual homophobia is also nauseating.
You read a lot of "I have nothing against gay people but..." comments just because some shippers are butt-hurt that their ship is not cannon in the show

Quote:
can't wait. I only have 3 episodes left
And then you'll be like the rest of us: one episode a week

I heard their ratings were doing good this year. A lot of people caught up because of the hype last year (and Netflix probably) so they have more viewers for the S3 premiere than ever.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but I said "well there's a Mom, same difference" )
EXACTLY is basically pretty much the same thing to me

Quote:
I also like the Raven and Abby relationship. It's like they have this surrogacy mother/daughter thing and Raven is fighting Abby a lot
YES YES YES!!! Also earlier in the show I really do think Clarke felt a certain way about it too. But yes I love how Raven does see Abby like a mom figure!

Quote:
You read a lot of "I have nothing against gay people but..." comments just because some shippers are butt-hurt that their ship is not cannon in the show
OHHH OF COURSE!! But really all of Clarke's men are gone

THEY FINALLY KISSED LAST NIGHT I FLIPPED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
And then you'll be like the rest of us: one episode a week
I literally just found out that show is on TheCW, the struggle is going to be real.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-29-2016, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
EXACTLY is basically pretty much the same thing to me
and somehow it's become more rare to see a good mother/child relationship on tv than anything else. Now when you see teenagers, they're always there to be annoying or to bitch about something.

Quote:
OHHH OF COURSE!! But really all of Clarke's men are gone
you would think so, wouldn't you? Unfortunately in the "book" (that's a loose term that only applies to that crap if you mean words on paper in a book form ) Clarke is with Bellamy.
The writers of the show have said many many times that it won't happen in the show because it's just not who the characters are and their relationship is more complicated but that doesn't stop the shippers from bitching

Quote:
THEY FINALLY KISSED LAST NIGHT I FLIPPED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh man, the whole internet flipped out
Most people for good reasons though.

Quote:
I literally just found out that show is on TheCW, the struggle is going to be real.
I know! I never would have watched it if Ness hadn't forced me to