Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It is. Just like Macbeth is all about Lady Macbeth and she's not even the main character. Doesn't mean it's in a shipper way though.
Well, as a shipper, I don't want romantic scenes, kissing, hugging, etc. I want actual dynamic and I love what they are doing with the Underwoods. So I think it is in a "shipper way", just not the way we are used to see in most tv shows.

Quote:
It was only fair since that's what the money was for in the first place.
and don't get me wrong, I'd like politicians to break the rules for good once in a while, but when the **** hits the fan, they can't complain about it.
It was a gamble.
The amount of bad decisiones Frank made this season is beyond me. He is kind of blinded by power and I thought that wouldn't happen to him. Guess I was wrong.

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 03-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Anyone else watching iZombie? Ingmar, perhaps you? It's got that signature Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggerio written all over it. It's amazing.
I made my icon.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Anyone else watching iZombie? Ingmar, perhaps you? It's got that signature Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggerio written all over it. It's amazing.
I was planning to give it a try soon I loved Veronica Mars, so
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Did anyone here watch The West Wing back in the day? We loved the Newsroom and missing it a lot, so it would be nice if The West Wing is equally as good.
That was my first Sorkin show and as much as I love the Newsroom, TWW is much much better, even though it's not a cable show so the language is less natural
A lot of what's brilliant about the Newsroom is in there too, brilliant cast, great storylines, interesting characters etc. And it mixes humor with drama in ways I'd never seen before that on tv. Highly recommended.

Quote:
Well, as a shipper, I don't want romantic scenes, kissing, hugging, etc. I want actual dynamic and I love what they are doing with the Underwoods. So I think it is in a "shipper way", just not the way we are used to see in most tv shows.
I just meant in a happy ending way or in a warm and fuzzy way but I see your point.

Quote:
The amount of bad decisiones Frank made this season is beyond me. He is kind of blinded by power and I thought that wouldn't happen to him. Guess I was wrong.
It's not so much power blinding him as greed. Not for money but for more.
I think Frank has shaped all his life into showing everyone what he could do. Ultimately he's trying to show to his father that he is better than he thought him to be (the opening scene at the cemetary this season was no gratuitous) and now that he's on top of the world... it's still not enough to fill that void. Because his father's dead and there is nothing he can do to make him proud.
Right now he thinks it's because he was not elected president so he's trying to do that.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-27-2015, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Right now he thinks it's because he was not elected president so he's trying to do that.
That's my point. If he gets relected then what? When will it be enough? Will he retire and live in Gaffney as he grows old? Will he go back to Congress? I know that us, as viewers are not gonna see that because we all suspect he will either end up dead or in jail but him. What does he expect to happen to him after the WH?

Old 03-28-2015, 04:12 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Not quite Bartlet, is he?
Quite the opposite

Quote:
Did anyone here watch The West Wing back in the day? We loved the Newsroom and missing it a lot, so it would be nice if The West Wing is equally as good
Just as Fluff said, it is much better!
Old 03-29-2015, 06:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_darkside (View Post)
Quite the opposite

Just as Fluff said, it is much better!
Should give it a try then!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Should give it a try then!
let us know when you start! And warning: it's highly addictive

Quote:
Quite the opposite
The Anti-Bartlet if there was ever one

Quote:
If he gets relected then what? When will it be enough?
Never. He keeps moving that goal post because he's trying to achieve something he just can't achieve. And actually that's something he has in common with Bartlet

Quote:
What does he expect to happen to him after the WH?
He doesn't see that far. He thought he'd have everythign he ever wanted in the White House but he's finding out he doesn't.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

I hear TWW talk I watched 101 and 102 over the weekend! I feel a rewatch coming

Also are you all watching Jane The Virgin? Because is WONDERFUL

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-31-2015, 02:12 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
The Anti-Bartlet if there was ever one
Couldn't agree more

I binge-watched Mozart in the Jungle over the last 3 days and I loved it, although the finale gave me some mixed feelings, I don't want will they/won't they between Haylay and Rodrigo But they're doing such a great job with the characters and performances And I basically want to be Saffron Burrows, what a lady I'm so glad the show's been renewed
Old 04-01-2015, 02:13 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)

Just bought the complete series on amazon, it should arrive tomorrow. Cant wait!
Old 04-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I binge-watched Mozart in the Jungle over the last 3 days and I loved it, although the finale gave me some mixed feelings, I don't want will they/won't they between Haylay and Rodrigo
I knooooow! I was let down by that but I don't think they're exactly going there. The point was to throw us I think. When I rewatched with my sis, it felt like Hayley was flustered by the kiss, obviously, but Rodrigo didn't seem like it was anything romantic. He's just a very demonstrative guy and he got caught up in the emotion from the performance.
Anyway, it's the reaction I've seen everywhere to it so I hope they reconsider if they were going that way

Quote:
And I basically want to be Saffron Burrows, what a lady I'm so glad the show's been renewed
I knoooow! She's awesome in this! And I just love seeing Debra Monk be such a bitch she's always the nice one in musicals.

Quote:
I'm keeping it for June to fill the void left by Orphan Black and Game of Thrones

Quote:
Just bought the complete series on amazon, it should arrive tomorrow. Cant wait!

Quote:
I really tried but it's just not for me. In the telenovela parody genre, Ugly Betty was better. All the love triangle and silly twists are just testing my patience.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I really tried but it's just not for me. In the telenovela parody genre, Ugly Betty was better. All the love triangle and silly twists are just testing my patience.
Of course you don't like it since I do I never though about it like UB, but good point! I just love the voiceover, I love the grandma/daughter dynamics, Rogelio cracks me up! I just laugh so much during it! As for the love triangle I feel that at least they don't dwell that much on it, but is there. I honestly don't care really who she is with.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-02-2015, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

House of Cards officially renewed for Season 4!

Old 04-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
House of Cards officially renewed for Season 4!
not that I had a doubt

Quote:
Of course you don't like it since I do
well we like the Xfiles, The West Wing, so it's not nothing

Quote:
I just love the voiceover
that's the only part that cracks me up.

Quote:
I honestly don't care really who she is with.
I know, right? it's like "are we supposed to prefer one of these a-holes?"