Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Oh wow, I didn't realise the Rosie Larsen/Rebecca thing either til just now.
I made my icon.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

Omg, that collection is probably one of my life goals

Kicks, you should read what Beau Willimon said about that particular scene from episode 2.... He is twisted as **** but I love him, and that's exactly what I felt from watching that scene.

And in the end: I find that really interesting because it kind of goes to the heart of the battle about what this show is really about. You’re seeing that it truly is about this marriage and not so much about the politics.

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 03-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
Omg, that collection is probably one of my life goals

Kicks, you should read what Beau Willimon said about that particular scene from episode 2.... He is twisted as **** but I love him, and that's exactly what I felt from watching that scene.

And in the end: I find that really interesting because it kind of goes to the heart of the battle about what this show is really about. You’re seeing that it truly is about this marriage and not so much about the politics.
YES YES! I did read this and it gave me hope again. I ADORE that he understands the heart of this show is the Underwoods. That gave more piece of mine!

Quote:
I didn't even notice that Rebecca was the same actrice as Rosie Larsen untill I saw it here
OH **** I saw Fluff's comment and I was like what, but I didn't think they looked a like. Now I am like OHHH MY GOOD

Quote:
Oh no that was when she was killed in the Killing
So no theories yet?

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-11-2015, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
YES YES! I did read this and it gave me hope again. I ADORE that he understands the heart of this show is the Underwoods. That gave
I trust Beau Willimon so I won't give up my hopes yet

Spoilers for HoC

Spoiler:

Old 03-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

HoC

Spoiler:

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh wow, I didn't realise the Rosie Larsen/Rebecca thing either til just now.
Right?? She looks so different! But then I guess we didn't see Rosie a lot in The Killing.
That girl always found trouble wherever she goes though

Quote:
So no theories yet?
Nope. I'm waiting to see what we get in the s2 premiere. At this point it's just obfuscation anyway.

Quote:
I find that really interesting because it kind of goes to the heart of the battle about what this show is really about. You’re seeing that it truly is about this marriage and not so much about the politics.
Thankfully because they suck at politics especially this season :p

And damn, seeing Underwood run the White House with his two lapdogs and the bodyguard/secretary is kinda hilarious but really! If I hadn't seen the West Wing, I'd still think it's unbelievable!
oh and the CoS driving people around where is his secret service details?

Quote:
I ADORE that he understands the heart of this show is the Underwoods.
The core of the show perhaps but you need a heart to be the heart of the show :p

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-13-2015, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

Wow I never thought I would be alive to finally share an otp with you Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 03-14-2015, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was pretty sure you two would find a common ground. However misguided and delusional it is

Old 03-15-2015, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

I'm caught up with How To Get Away With Murder, Ingmar & Fluff (& Kicks & everyone else who watches)!!!
I made my icon.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I was pretty sure you two would find a common ground. However misguided and delusional it is
You don't think this will end up well?

Old 03-16-2015, 05:30 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
I'm caught up with How To Get Away With Murder, Ingmar & Fluff (& Kicks & everyone else who watches)!!!
What did you think about the finale?

When Jos gets home we'll have new episodes of TGW, Revenge & Once Upon a Time to watch. Yay, I love sunday evenings in America Aswell as thursday's tbh.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

HoC:
Quote:
We seen it all then But if the couple is married, you can bet your ass I will be shipping it

Spoiler:

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-16-2015, 11:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What did you think of the multi-twists in the finale?

I'm all caught up with HoC! but damn them for making it last another season! I wanted more!

Quote:
You don't think this will end up well?
Oh I know for a fact it won't. It was never meant to end well for either of them, and definitely not for their partnership (I just can't bring myself to call it a marriage )
In the books, their relationship was different so I was curious to know how they would bring it about to the end but I like the path they have taken, it makes things more interesting.

Quote:
We seen it all then But if the couple is married, you can bet your ass I will be shipping it
Even if it's a sham marriage?

What did you find confusing in her actions, Kicks? It's a pretty smooth and organic evolution, considering the character, no?

Quote:
He did everything he could to protect her though, or at least with Dunbar.
But that's the thing, that's what she was telling him. He wasn't protecting her, he was protecting himself. If it had been leaked, it would have been the end of his campaign and she would have looked more like a victim.

Quote:
The writers completely crossed the line in the last episode though. Frank would never treat Claire like that, if someone lays a finger on her you're a dead person. Seemed quite bizarre, even for Frank.
He was reacting because she put him in front of the truth. He's nothing without her and he plays it like he knows it, but he doesn't want to recognize it's true. Or he wouldn't have relied so heavily on her in Iowa.

Quote:
Why can't they talk about it? Or institute a plan for her to be POTUS after?
you do know they're not the Clintons right?
No, seriously though, you'll be hurt by next season if you don't repeat that while you watch the show.

Quote:
Like she has always been as ambitious as him and she knows sacrifices had to be mad.
But she was thinking there was something in it for her. All he's done since he's been in office, once he finally had what he wanted, was to use her as a prop and discard her when it became inconvenient for him.
She never had illusions about what had to be done and she sacrificed a lot (including a baby!) for him. She just deluded herself into thinking it was for them, and not just for him. But it wasn't. It was only ever for him and just like with everyone else, he took her and her undivided loyalty for granted and it's all about to come crashing down on him.
When he says "nothing is forever except us", he means him. "Us" has become "me" for him. She's been assimilated and that's what she is only now coming to realize.

Quote:
But this decision seems premature and like she isn't thinking of the long game.
She's not even thinking in term of schemes and ambition anymore. She's thinking in term of identity. She disappeared into their partnership. Now that he has what he wanted, he's just after more and she's at this point where she either reclaim her life or get absorbed into the "Underwoods" and she'll never get anything.

Quote:
She will probably see how much power she has when she sees the impact her departure made on Frank's campaign
She's not doing it for power, she's doing it for herself. In 3 seasons (and most likely in 30 years) that's the only thing she's done for herself.

Quote:
What I am truly scared is that now the new trend is to "game of thrones" all the strong married couples
They are not strong by any definition of the word, imo. Their marriage is a fantasy that she kept alive because she convinced herself they were equals but they were not.

Quote:
I believe Beau Willimon doesn't follow the standars but who knows...
Even though they have changed the format, some characters, the pacing, Underwood's politic affiliation and orientation as well as the nature of the relationship between them, and created parallel plots and characters, they are pretty much following the books in terms of structure, so I wouldn't count on a happy shipper ending. After all, sharks don't mate for life
It's also all very Shakespearean in nature and Shakespeare's dramas are not known for joyous endings.

Last edited by Gelfling; 03-16-2015 at 11:42 PM
Old 03-17-2015, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
HoC:
This usually applies to me except for TGW probably

Quote:
THE VOWS MADE MY HEART SKIP A BEAT!! THEY WERE DONE some well so perfect!! I can relive that episode forever!

YESSSSSSSS!!! ALSO THE LITTLE GESTURE CAN WE TALK ABOUT "NOTHING IS FOEVER EXCEPT US" I CAN"T DEAL!!! I feel like crying now
NOTHING IS FORVER EXCEPT US, I WANT THAT ON MY GRAVE.

And all the conversations with Tom were heart warming as well even though I don't like the guy that much. Like when Frank told him he was ashamed Claire married him because she deserved better and then he told Claire Frank had said that HE LOVES HER MORE THAN ANYTHING I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THESE TWO.

Someone on tumblr told me that Frank maybe reacted that way in the last oval office scene because that's what she kinda asked him for in the hotel scene. That's an interesting way of seeing it. I still want to punch Frank though.

Quote:
He wasn't protecting her, he was protecting himself. If it had been leaked, it would have been the end of his campaign and she would have looked more like a victim.
I don't see it that way. When he breaks the forth wall is probably the only moment where he's being honest about what he's feeling or what his actions mean and he left it pretty clear that it was about Claire. And it would have hurt Claire more because she publicly said in an interview that she had had ONE abortion after she was raped. She would have been seen not only as a liar but also as a "baby murderer", far from a victim imo.

Quote:
Their marriage is a fantasy that she kept alive because she convinced herself they were equals but they were not.
I think there's a deep love there and it's not just a partnership. Episode 7 was a great example of that. They didn't need to show everyone they were renewing their vows, it wasn't for the campaign or press, it was for them and I think it was beautiful

Quote:
she's doing it for herself. In 3 seasons (and most likely in 30 years) that's the only thing she's done for herself.
I don't think she has had such a hard life tbh

Quote:
Even though they have changed the format, some characters, the pacing, Underwood's politic affiliation and orientation as well as the nature of the relationship between them, and created parallel plots and characters, they are pretty much following the books in terms of structure, so I wouldn't count on a happy shipper ending. After all, sharks don't mate for life
It's also all very Shakespearean in nature and Shakespeare's dramas are not known for joyous endings.
Before S3 started I had this crazy theory that maybe she will hire and assasin and shoot Frank a la Kennedy so he's immortalized. She even said in S1 that her most vivid memory was the day of JFK's death and they are always talking about "legacy" so I think she's gonna make Frank a martyr and a national hero

Anyway, my point is, it will probably end up badly but for both of them, they will fall together. I think we have seen that if one Underwood fails, they both fail.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
This usually applies to me except for TGW probably
well you really have to have a strong marriage fetish to ship that one with the way things start

Quote:
And all the conversations with Tom were heart warming as well even though I don't like the guy that much. Like when Frank told him he was ashamed Claire married him because she deserved better
He was just telling him that to sound humble. When Claire told him that, he went ballistic. See the difference? Fake Frank v. Real Frank

Quote:
Someone on tumblr told me that Frank maybe reacted that way in the last oval office scene because that's what she kinda asked him for in the hotel scene. That's an interesting way of seeing it.
Well, no. At the hotel, she was just testing him. The truth is they never had sex without him picturing someone else and she wanted to see if he could, that's why she was trying to destabilize him first. He couldn't.
In the Oval, the situation was entirely different. She made him feel weak for needing her to be in power so he asserted himself by being brutal, classic bully.

Quote:
I don't see it that way. When he breaks the forth wall is probably the only moment where he's being honest about what he's feeling
Well, yes and no. When he breaks the fourth wall, you're right, he's being more honest but it's usually not about feelings, it's about contempt and rage, distrust, machination. The fact he's lying to himself, doesn't mean he's telling the truth when he's breaking the fourth wall. It means he's telling what he wants to believe is true.

Quote:
And it would have hurt Claire more because she publicly said in an interview that she had had ONE abortion after she was raped. She would have been seen not only as a liar but also as a "baby murderer", far from a victim imo.
Nah I don't think so. She has nothing to lose by now. She was panicked because it would have made her look like a weak puppet who got rid of a kid because he made her do it. In fact, it would have confirmed her worst fears: that she's done nothing for herself, only for him.

Quote:
I think there's a deep love there and it's not just a partnership.
I think that's what she also believed until then. She loves him. I do believe it. He doesn't love her. He's not capable of love.

Quote:
Episode 7 was a great example of that. They didn't need to show everyone they were renewing their vows, it wasn't for the campaign or press, it was for them and I think it was beautiful
Well it's not as if they did it in secret. The press was outside the church, they knew what was going on. It was definitely a show.

Quote:
I don't think she has had such a hard life tbh
You don't? She's lived a lie for 30 years. She pushed her own ambitions, her desires, her love for someone else, her unborn baby, aside, all for him. You don't pity her because she's married to an egomaniac, fine, but she didn't have a life I'd wish on anyone.
Love is what makes life worth living. There's nothing worse than thinking you had it and realizing it was all a sham.

Quote:
Before S3 started I had this crazy theory that maybe she will hire and assasin and shoot Frank a la Kennedy so he's immortalized. She even said in S1 that her most vivid memory was the day of JFK's death and they are always talking about "legacy" so I think she's gonna make Frank a martyr and a national hero
That's actually how I think it will end

Quote:
Anyway, my point is, it will probably end up badly but for both of them, they will fall together. I think we have seen that if one Underwood fails, they both fail.
Maybe, maybe not. I think she's smarter than he is and although she may not escape unscathed, or do things lightly, he's just found his most formidable nemesis yet. She knows all his weaknesses.