Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-26-2015, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Mulder is being an ******* and thinking he's better than the show after making everyone move to LA to accommodate him
Oh sorry I mean Duchovny
WHAT A DICK HEAD!!!! Like WHAT THE ****?!!! He can't freaking be serious.
How did the fans take it back then?

Quote:
You want me to spoil you?
I couldn't help it and went reading about this last night. How are we to trust him now that he won't bail on us again?

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-26-2015, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
How did the fans take it back then?
well it was before the age of internet organized outrage
I mean there was a lot of sadness but confidence in the show. Also at this point, Gillian was already wildly more popular than him so most people were ok as long as she didn't go anywhere. Shippers collectively checked out in a clinic for depression but they ended up ok.
Also, he'd been on for 7 years in a show that he believed would last one season so...
But it was a dick move for all the crew members who lost their jobs two years before because he had the production moved to LA for sure.

Quote:
I couldn't help it and went reading about this last night. How are we to trust him now that he won't bail on us again?
Well for one thing, he wants to be on this time around and he's desperate to break the Hank Moody curse.
Also, it's a short run so he can do things on the side. I think what got to him was character claustrophobia. Most actors want to act to get out of their skin. When the character you play becomes like a second skin, time to move on.

Season 8 was great though. Lots of conspiracy, they made it work. Also he's not gone forever

aaaah is that why you're catching up? new season is coming soon.

**** I'm so scared about this

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-26-2015, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
well it was before the age of internet organized outrage
Good point.

Quote:
Also at this point, Gillian was already wildly more popular than him so most people were ok as long as she didn't go anywhere.
Yea I can see that, and I feel this is the reason still survived. Also was S7 a bit weird or what? Also like so many cute M/S moments in S7 it was weird, I should have seen that coming

Quote:
But it was a dick move for all the crew members who lost their jobs two years before because he had the production moved to LA for sure.
Yea totally a dick move, but you are right he did do 7 seasons.

Quote:
Season 8 was great though. Lots of conspiracy, they made it work. Also he's not gone forever
Is not bad so far, ****ing agent Dogget is so harden, Scully getting a taste of her own medicine

Quote:
aaaah is that why you're catching up? new season is coming soon.
Yuppp I want to watch when it comes back

Quote:
**** I'm so scared about this
I know right!! Hope they don't **** it up

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-27-2015, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yea I can see that, and I feel this is the reason still survived. Also was S7 a bit weird or what?
yeah it was

Quote:
Also like so many cute M/S moments in S7 it was weird, I should have seen that coming
I knooooow! Not that we had any indications

Quote:
Is not bad so far, ****ing agent Dogget is so harden, Scully getting a taste of her own medicine
Damn right she does! It's interesting to see her open her mind but yeah a little too wide open maybe Scully?
I do like Dogget, he's a tough consumer but he's honest and loyal.

Quote:
Yuppp I want to watch when it comes back
Man! See? Without me, you wouldn't even have tried

Quote:
I know right!! Hope they don't **** it up
and praying all the tv Gods over here

Old 06-29-2015, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I knooooow! Not that we had any indications
Not at all. So when did you find out he wasn't coming back?

Quote:
It's interesting to see her open her mind but yeah a little too wide open maybe Scully?
OMG right? Like I loveeee that she is like dude there are other possibilities, but is still a bit strange And yes Dogget is growing on me.

Quote:
Man! See? Without me, you wouldn't even have tried
Sooo true

Quote:
and praying all the tv Gods over here
Me too

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Not at all. So when did you find out he wasn't coming back?
I think they made it pretty clear during the post-season interviews because they were trying to soften the blow and they were like "he won't be back right away because he's doing other things blah blah" and that let them tell people that he wasn't gone for good. Also, they wanted to introduce Doggett and hype Robert Patrick's casting.

Quote:
OMG right? Like I loveeee that she is like dude there are other possibilities, but is still a bit strange
for a few episodes, you're like "Scully? wait... is that a clone or some ****?"

Quote:
And yes Dogget is growing on me.
Wait until you see his ass

Quote:
Me too
well if it's a bust, at least we'll have the previous seasons to go back to. Kinda like TWW

Old 07-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
and that let them tell people that he wasn't gone for good. Also, they wanted to introduce Doggett and hype Robert Patrick's casting.
AHHH ok gotcha!! Well damn that was a blow for me but I am better cause he just came back for one episode

Quote:
you're like "Scully? wait... is that a clone or some ****?"
HAHAHAH! Ok yea I agree

Quote:
Wait until you see his ass
It better not be anywhere near Scully What episode can I see his ass?

Quote:
Kinda like TWW
So true!!!!

ETA SCULLY BETTER HAVE THAT BABY I AM NOT PLAYING. MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT ANY OTHER WAY. (I don't know how it works if she becomes a mother BUT I DON'T CARE SHE NEEDS TO HAVE THAT BABY!!!)

--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 07-01-2015 at 08:40 PM
Old 07-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am better cause he just came back for one episode
Yeah I can't remember exactly but I think they also made it clear he was going to come back every once in a while.

Quote:
It better not be anywhere near Scully What episode can I see his ass?
no skipping and yeah actually it's near Scully
Quote:
ETA SCULLY BETTER HAVE THAT BABY I AM NOT PLAYING. MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT ANY OTHER WAY.
I knoooow! I had huge doubts about that storyline, tbh, but it turned out to be my favorite arc of the post-Mulder seasons.
Quote:
(I don't know how it works if she becomes a mother BUT I DON'T CARE SHE NEEDS TO HAVE THAT BABY!!!)
Scully

Old 07-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah I can't remember exactly but I think they also made it clear he was going to come back every once in a while.
AND now he is gone again and I feel like WTF. Like thank God for Scully and her baby if not I would quit I don't want new team

Quote:
no skipping and yeah actually it's near Scully
In S9?

Quote:
I knoooow! I had huge doubts about that storyline, tbh, but it turned out to be my favorite arc of the post-Mulder seasons.
I am enjoying it, but I am also scared and worried. Poor Scully going thru a lot of ****.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Like thank God for Scully and her baby if not I would quit
But that's the thing. Mulder at this point was not an integral part of the show. Scully always was.

Quote:
In S9?
Not saying anything

Quote:
I am enjoying it, but I am also scared and worried. Poor Scully going thru a lot of ****.
Heh she's been through a lot for sure. She's not the most tested character on tv but for a show from last century, it was a pretty rough journey

Anyone watching Humans? It's a Brit remake of Real Humans, a Swedish show about artificial intelligence. And wow it's amazing!

Old 07-09-2015, 06:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Heh she's been through a lot for sure. She's not the most tested character on tv but for a show from last century, it was a pretty rough journey
My poor Scully, at least this journey is coming to an end Now to wait for new season!

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
My poor Scully, at least this journey is coming to an end Now to wait for new season!
Are you at the end of the show?

Old 07-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Oh I love scifi. My grandfather had an impressive scifi library and I have fond memories of him reading us Asimov and Simack or Philip K. Dick.
But I guess that's my problem. Scifi shows are usually dumb special effect extravaganzas for people who lack imagination and are just looking for cheap action in less familiar settings. I like pure scifi so I'm not really the target audience.

I shouldn't bitch because there's been a rebirth of the genre in the past few years and through the sheer number of crappy shows, a few gems have floated to the surface, like Orphan Black or In the Flesh, but generally speaking the rest is lacking a brain.
You need to watch Black Mirror if you haven't already! It's such a brilliant mind****, and I love when sci-fi serves mainly as a social commentary.
Humans is quite similar to be honest, though I'm kinda bummed out that it's a remake, why so many shows originated in the Scandinavia? I'd like to watch the original versions but I don't know if it's a good idea once you start watching the remake,

Fluff, I also watched Unreal, now that's a guilty pleasure I needed (since I dropped all my previous TV guilty pleasures ) And I'm glad I never watched The Bachelor and other shows liket that

Soo excited about MoS coming back! And Richard's arc in Hannibal approaching fast

And since you're talking about TXF, I really need to finally catch up on season 9, it's been 3 years
Old 07-10-2015, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Are you at the end of the show?
Not yet, about like 15 more episode.

Look at this cuteness

You didn't see that coming?

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-10-2015, 11:47 AM
Supreme Fan

I never even tried the X-Files. Not because I thought it didn't look promising, but because I already had a long list of shows I had yet to watch. That's still the case..but hey..maybe someday
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.