Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Omg, check this out!

Quote:
Jonathan Pryce and Game of Thrones actor Charles Dance also join ensemble cast of the new drama from “My Week With Marilyn” director Simon Curtis.

British actors Elizabeth McGovern of Downton Abbey and veteran Jonathan Pryce (Pirates of the Caribbean) have joined the ensemble cast of Women in Gold, the upcoming feature from My Week With Marilyn director Simon Curtis.

The drama, based on the true story of a Holocaust survivor who sets out to recover her family's artworks that were stolen by the Nazis, began principle photography in London last week. Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds, Katie Holmes, Daniel Bruhl and Tatiana Maslany also star.
'Downton Abbey' Star Elizabeth McGovern Joins 'Woman in Gold' Cast - The Hollywood Reporter

Simon Curtis is Elizabeth's husband so it's no shock she has joined the cast but CHARLES DANCE WILL BE THERE TOO And I bolded Tatiana's name for you guys Nice GoT/Downton/OB crossover

Elizabeth is American though

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 06-19-2014, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

oh that's brilliant! Tatiana isn't taking her hiatus lying down
that's the movie with Helen Mirren! (sadly she plays a younger version of her character so no scene together ), looks like she's keeping busy because being in 95% of all scenes in Orphan Black isn't not exhausting enough

So...
Helen Mirren, Elizabeth McGovern, Charles Dance, Pryce, Ryan Reynolds, Katie Holmes, Daniel Bruhl and Tatiana Maslany
whoever cast Ryan Reynolds and Katie Holmes with the rest of these actors?

Quote:
Elizabeth is American though
I was about to say that but hey Downton Abbey makes you British it's inevitable.

Quote:
GoT/Downton/OB crossover
Well, Tatiana is already in the Downton family I guess since she has been dating one of Mary's merry men Tom Cullen for several years... so I guess she's British too now

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
looks like she's keeping busy because being in 95% of all scenes in Orphan Black isn't not exhausting enough

I wonder what Charles Dance's role is. I can see him playing a German Nazi

Quote:
I was about to say that but hey Downton Abbey makes you British it's inevitable.
Yes but they point out how American she is every 5 minutes so they have no excuse, really

Quote:
whoever cast Ryan Reynolds and Katie Holmes with the rest of these actors?
Elizabeth McGovern's husband

Quote:
Well, Tatiana is already in the Downton family I guess since she has been dating one of Mary's merry men Tom Cullen for several years... so I guess she's British too now
You're right! I forgot about her and Tom

Old 06-26-2014, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I wonder what Charles Dance's role is. I can see him playing a German Nazi
actually, I can see it too. I wouldn't be shocked if that was his part but he is awesome as anything so maybe that won't be it.

Quote:
Yes but they point out how American she is every 5 minutes so they have no excuse, really
well most "journalists" never really watch anything but the press kits they get so their knowledge is limited

Quote:
Elizabeth McGovern's husband
So talent is not sexually transmitted apparently

I am not going to get into details about the Orphan Black finale just cause I don't want to spoil people who are still catching up but HOLY MOTHER! My mind is blown!

Also, Critics Choice Awards! for Tatiana!
And how about Allison Janney winning two?

I'm also pretty happy for Uzo Aduba and Kate Mulgrew even though I'm still unsure about OITNB because they definitely stand out.

Jessica Lange was a no-brainer, obviously but Matt Bomer for Normal Heart?
Maybe it was because I was very disappointed in the whole thing but he really didn't impress me. It takes more than make-up and losing weight to be worthy of praise, imo. And it didn't do it for me. Anyone seen it? Thoughts?

Old 06-28-2014, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
And how about Allison Janney winning two?
RIGHT? God I need to start watching MoS asap

Quote:
Jessica Lange was a no-brainer, obviously
My Queen

Quote:
Anyone seen it? Thoughts?
Haven't watched Normal Heart

Old 06-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Season 2 is starting early (in a couple of weeks I think) so you'll have more to see soon

Quote:
My Queen
She's amazing, really. I'm a little on the fence about AHS but if anything good came out of it, it's Jessica getting more cred with younger audiences. (and Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe )

What are your thoughts about next season's theme? It seems so "been there, seen that"
I mean... if it hadn't been for Carnivale a few years ago, maybe but now?

Speaking of Jessica, I was watching the Postman Always Rings Twice again and wow
Joana once said that Jessica was like molten lava chocolate cake you know? well she certainly is liquid sex in that movie

Quote:
Haven't watched Normal Heart
Not saying it's not worth the watch but I was expecting more, honestly.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Season 2 is starting early (in a couple of weeks I think) so you'll have more to see soon
Finals start this week and I have to watch S2 of The Americans and S5 of Modern Family (not to mention S4 of GoT and some Glee episodes)

Quote:
She's amazing, really. I'm a little on the fence about AHS but if anything good came out of it, it's Jessica getting more cred with younger audiences. (and Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe )
AHS has such a talented cast. I am watching it for them, not for the plot tbh.

Quote:
What are your thoughts about next season's theme? It seems so "been there, seen that"
I mean... if it hadn't been for Carnivale a few years ago, maybe but now?
Freak show? I don't know, all I have heard about it is that Paulson is playing a two heads woman I am expecting a lot from it since it's Jessica Lange's swan song (from tv at least)

Quote:
Speaking of Jessica, I was watching the Postman Always Rings Twice again and wow
Joana once said that Jessica was like molten lava chocolate cake you know? well she certainly is liquid sex in that movie
The kitchen scene I love JN btw

Old 06-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Finals start this week and I have to watch S2 of The Americans and S5 of Modern Family (not to mention S4 of GoT and some Glee episodes)
well, have fun with your finals
Seriously though, MoS is not going anywhere and if you wait, you'll have twice as many episodes to watch in a row (it's not as if I was going to spoil you here or anything since nobody watches it )

Quote:
AHS has such a talented cast. I am watching it for them, not for the plot tbh.
I know, right? Season 1 was kinda weak on the cast really. But since then, they loaded it with heavyweights. Some of them were already in S1 but unlike Jessica, they had mostly bit parts.

Quote:
Freak show? I don't know, all I have heard about it is that Paulson is playing a two heads woman
yeah it's going to be just another excuse to be creepy/gross and really it's been done to death at that point but good for Ryan Murphy, most people who watch AHS have no horror culture so they'll probably think he invented everything
I read about Sarah's part. The blurb was saying "if anyone could pull that off, it's her (or Tatiana Maslany)" and it's true.
Still, conjoined twins freak me out so I'll probably skip it just because of that.

Quote:
I am expecting a lot from it since it's Jessica Lange's swan song (from tv at least)
Well, she'll have a smaller part so you shouldn't expect too much. I'm sure she'll shine in her scenes though (doesn't she always??)

Quote:
The kitchen scene I love JN btw
They really made the movie worth watching. It's not perfect by far, especially if you've read the novel and seen the original movie but they bring SO MUCH heat to the screen, you just get sucked in!

Also, I just saw the first pic from The Killing's S4 and Joan Allen!! now that's what I call upping the ante! Good job, Netflix!

Last edited by Gelfling; 06-30-2014 at 11:18 AM
Old 07-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Also, I just saw the first pic from The Killing's S4 and Joan Allen!! now that's what I call upping the ante! Good job, Netflix!
Mannnn I am excited about this!! But I got annoyed the other day cause Ausiello had some headline about Linden and Holder romantic future

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Ausiello is a pest and he knows even less than Jon Snow so to him

They actually made a whole joke out of it last season. I don't see them going serious about that now.

Is it so hard to believe grown ups can be really good friends and supportive of each other without being romantically involved?

Old 07-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is it so hard to believe grown ups can be really good friends and supportive of each other without being romantically involved?
Yea I know right!! like please don't taint this relationship! I really don't even see the need to go there, they work together and is fine. I would be disappointed if they try to play more than that.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

JOAN ALLEN ON TV?

I first saw her in The Upside of Anger and I completely fell in love with her

Damn it, now I have to watch The Killing

Quote:
(it's not as if I was going to spoil you here or anything since nobody watches it )
I need Summer right now!

Quote:
I know, right? Season 1 was kinda weak on the cast really. But since then, they loaded it with heavyweights. Some of them were already in S1 but unlike Jessica, they had mostly bit parts.
I loved S1 because Frances Conroy had a decent amount of screentime. In S2 she was barely there and in Coven, besides Lange, Myrtle was the jewel of S3 tbh Basset and Bates are legends but MYRTLE She was unique

Friendly reminder that I need to watch Six Feet Under...

Old 07-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yea I know right!! like please don't taint this relationship! I really don't even see the need to go there, they work together and is fine. I would be disappointed if they try to play more than that.
Me too. First because, unlike what the shippers are watching in their own private shippers show, there's been nothing ever that spoke even slightly of attraction between them. Second, they have the best relationship! They support each other, they are honest with each other, and they need that! Bringing some crappy romance into it would only ruin it.
Also, the show really doesn't need that to be interesting. It would take away from the story.

Oh and speaking of the Killing, Michelle Forbes was AWWWWEEEESOME in Orphan Black!

Quote:
JOAN ALLEN ON TV?
Well, it's Netflix but yeah

Quote:
I first saw her in The Upside of Anger and I completely fell in love with her
She is amazing!! And vastly underrated! She's been nominated to Oscars, Emmys, Globes and she's never won ****!
Every time I see Pleasantville, I fall in love with her all over again! She's brilliant!

Kiki, you've seen her in the Contender, yes? If you haven't, you *need* to!

Quote:
Damn it, now I have to watch The Killing
oh boo you'll love it!

Quote:
I loved S1 because Frances Conroy had a decent amount of screentime
best thing about S1! Taissa Farmiga was also great but Frances stole the show.

Quote:
Basset and Bates are legends but MYRTLE
I felt Basset and Bates were mostly wasted. They had some scenes but the rest was just predictable and repetitive.

Quote:
I didn't really enjoy it. Watched it this year and way too much of the boring characters, not enough of the good ones. Frances was brilliant though.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She is amazing!! And vastly underrated! She's been nominated to Oscars, Emmys, Globes and she's never won ****!
Every time I see Pleasantville, I fall in love with her all over again! She's brilliant!
I need to catch up with her films

Quote:
best thing about S1! Taissa Farmiga was also great but Frances stole the show.
I like Taissa because she's Vera's sister but yeah I will give the kid some credit, she is doing great on her own

Quote:
I felt Basset and Bates were mostly wasted. They had some scenes but the rest was just predictable and repetitive.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way!

Quote:
I didn't really enjoy it. Watched it this year and way too much of the boring characters, not enough of the good ones. Frances was brilliant though.
It's the last show on my list, right above catching up with Glee

Old 07-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

What a fast reply...

Spoiler:

Quote:
and it was just brilliant to see Cersei finally stand up to Tywin that way!
I don't agree. However, I'm not sure what they're doing with show!Cersei anymore. She was always very different from book!Cersei but it made sense to me. This scene with Tywin seemed to me to be there to shock mostly since it won't have any consequences. And the way she was willing to throw away everything... that's Jaime, not Cersei. I need to rewatch the scene again, it's a big blur (of rage) in my mind. I miss season 3 Lannister

Quote:
I'm finally thinking about starting Breaking Bad now that I have some free time.
have you started it yet?
I'm worried about Better Call Saul. Already renewed for two seasons? The premise sounds so bad. I trust the people behind it but...

Quote:
Me too. Instead of doing that I started The Last Airbender and The Sopranos. Anyone has seen any of these two? I've only watched the pilot of The Sopranos yet, it's not exactly bus trip friendly.

Quote:
Gotta watch that! I'm not a big fan of the first movie which might help. And I need to watch the Italian version too. Have you seen that one?

Quote:
Still, conjoined twins freak me out so I'll probably skip it just because of that.
They scare me too. But it's Sarah Paulson x 2!! Freaks, the movie, suddenly came to mind (no conjoined twins there and yet), horrifying.

Quote:
Me too. Started it about 4 years ago, never finished season one. Things kept getting in the way and I don't think I was ready for it.

Louie is the best tv show I'm watching atm. And imo I'm watching some really great stuff. But Louie Please watch it people. It's not for everyone but season 4 was fantastic television.

I did the dumb mistake of starting a BSG rewatch. It hurts.