Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I'm sorry to say but some of the results showed nothing more than how ****ing scared and threatened tv is by Netflix. MF being awarded yet again instead of OITNB... is just one of the various signs.
Yeah that was my first thought that they are really scared of Netflix now, even cable is good in comparison. MF being rewarded 5 years in a row? C'mon...

Quote:
Ironically only one other actor has ever won two Emmys the same year for acting and it was... Stockard Channing TWW FTW!
They had the best acting on TV!

I should check out POI one of these days... I really lost count of all the shows I should watch
Old 08-31-2014, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah that was my first thought that they are really scared of Netflix now, even cable is good in comparison. MF being rewarded 5 years in a row? C'mon...
Yup. Cable has more money and cares less because no advertising so they're tough competition but Netflix? Not only are they huge distributors that can basically enforce whatever terms they want to even the biggest studios now because you don't want to be left out of their catalog, but they are the worst kind of threat as content producers: they know what people want to see and they have the money to make it happen.

Quote:
They had the best acting on TV!
Except for Rob Lowe but it's almost a joke in itself

Quote:
I should check out POI one of these days... I really lost count of all the shows I should watch
You're welcome that's for making me watch Damages again!

Quote:
Oh, that sounds very promising! As soon as I am up to date with Chicago Fire and Chicago PD I am going to start with it. Cannot wait. I already knew Carrie Preston was in it, aswell as Amy Acker and the guy from Lost ( I forgot his name, lol ), so that was one of the reasons to buy the show.
The regular and recurring cast is really good. Michael Emerson is impeccable, as always ofc. And they do have a lot of recurring characters because they keep storylines going and crossing others sometimes unexpectedly.

Quote:
Yeah, right in the middle of writing one actually. It's my biggest dream to release a book one day. Doesn't have to be a best seller though and I don't expect it to be. When I was 6 years old I was already up at nights, just writing as much as I could. As I grew older the need to write only increased.
Yep, it's in your blood. That's great. I remember filling up notebooks when I was like 10
Reading and writing never leaves you.

Quote:
It's mainly fiction, but people who read the stories and know me also know that I put some details in that are based on my own life. I have experienced quite a lot over the year
I think the best writing comes from within. Even when you write about things that are foreign to them, good writers put a little bit of themselves in there. If they don't, you can feel it.

Quote:
Right now I'm working on my most promising work so far if I can say so myself. It's about a girl who wants to travel the world, because she heard she's got a sickness and knows she doesn't have much time to live anymore. She wants to travel, but doesn't want to warn her family to spare them, since it's a complicated family. At the same time her family is judging her for leaving while she hasn't even finished her university yet. It's about her travels and her experiences underway.
Sounds amazing! I hope I get to read it someday

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 09-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Yup. Cable has more money and cares less because no advertising so they're tough competition but Netflix? Not only are they huge distributors that can basically enforce whatever terms they want to even the biggest studios now because you don't want to be left out of their catalog, but they are the worst kind of threat as content producers: they know what people want to see and they have the money to make it happen.
Just goes to show how far we are right now from standard TV, but I bet it's gonna take the Emmys a long time to come to terms with it.

Quote:
that's for making me watch Damages again!
You're welcome

Quote:
Except for Rob Lowe but it's almost a joke in itself
I still think he wasn't that bad, but yeah definitely not on par with the others.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just goes to show how far we are right now from standard TV, but I bet it's gonna take the Emmys a long time to come to terms with it.
and as always, instead of adapting and adjusting, the industry just bitches and moans and takes cheap shots at the new media

Quote:
You're welcome

Quote:
I still think he wasn't that bad, but yeah definitely not on par with the others.
Let's just say that Sorkin's writing was RobLowe-proof but honestly in most scenes, he sounds just off, even when he's goofing around. And the ego... well, let's not even get into that

Homeland is coming back sooooon!
And the Newsroom in November apparently.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Boy, I cannot wait for the Newsroom return. It has been a looooong break. Kind of sucks that we only get like 6-8 episodes, but at least we get a closed ending ( though S2 felt kind of closed aswell ). It's really great.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

I finished The Killing, I am pretty sad about it But I guess the ending was nice, I just hope I am not meant to believe Holder and Linden, lived happily ever after

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
I finished The Killing, I am pretty sad about it But I guess the ending was nice, I just hope I am not meant to believe Holder and Linden, lived happily ever after
I only saw the first two seasons and loved it. I am still waiting for the coming seasons on dvd.

Today season 1 and season 2 of House of Cards were in the mail. Never seen a single episode, but cannot wait to start. Thing is that I first want to catch up with Chicago Fire and Chicago PD.

There are way too many shows I have in my home and still need to watch. Person of Interest, House of Cards, Homeland S3, and some others aswell. Plus S5 of TGW is arriving next week and I really want to rewatch that season..

School also started again, aswell as other hobbies, so it's busy
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

There's always so much TV, so little time... lol.

I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on Chicago Fire & Chicago PD, Ingmar! Even if we're the only two watching here.
I made my icon.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)

I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on Chicago Fire & Chicago PD, Ingmar! Even if we're the only two watching here.
I'm nearly done with S1 and I am loving it. The show started out very quiet and I had to push myself to continue, but after a few episodes it became more and more entertaining.

I know many people ship Dawson and Casey, but I must admit that I enjoy her puppy kind of love with Mills aswell. They really like eachother. I know they will eventually break up ( not because I read spoilers, but mainly because the signs are there that Gaby will end up with Casey ) so I am trying to enjoy them as long as possible.

Yesterday I watched the episode where the father of Severide ( Hello, Andy Brown! ) came to the fire station and started to cause some issues..some old issues with Mills' dad and it came out that Mills' mother slept with Boden and that Mills' father still tried to prove himself to Boden. Didn't see that one coming.

I also enjoy the Dawson/Shay dynamic. They're great and I love the humour they have between them.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
ALWAYS! I just got Showtime Anytime so I have all the showtime shows to finally catch up with: Shamless, MoS, Ray Donavan can't wait

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-17-2014, 10:09 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
ALWAYS! I just got Showtime Anytime so I have all the showtime shows to finally catch up with: Shamless, MoS, Ray Donavan can't wait
Yay! Your friends are going to miss you
Old 09-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

I missed your response from Monday, Ingmar
Quote:
The show started out very quiet and I had to push myself to continue, but after a few episodes it became more and more entertaining.
It was a slow build, but I'm glad I stuck with it! It's underrated by fandom, for sure.
Quote:
the father of Severide ( Hello, Andy Brown! )
Hehe, it was fun seeing Treat pop up on CF. He is also the father of Neal Caffrey (Matt Bomer's character on White Collar), which aired around the same time as the CF episodes.
Quote:
I also enjoy the Dawson/Shay dynamic. They're great and I love the humour they have between them.
They're fantastic. Really hold their own in a male-dominated workforce.
I made my icon.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Boy, I cannot wait for the Newsroom return. It has been a looooong break. Kind of sucks that we only get like 6-8 episodes, but at least we get a closed ending
Yeah s2 finale worked well as a closing episode but I'm happy with anything we get on top of that so I'll enjoy every episode.

Quote:
Nah. That's what Aussiello sold as "romantic" because he's in the business of giving shippers hope. Most of his "spoilers" are aimed at shippers. Who cares more about a show than shippers?

Spoiler:

Quote:
School also started again, aswell as other hobbies, so it's busy
Plus new computers need so much attention! They're like kittens! You have to be on them every hour of the day

Quote:
Kiki, it was nice knowing you

Old 09-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

Any new show this season anyone is looking forward to? I must say I have pretty much given up last year just seeing the summaries and casts but I haven't really looked at trailers besides Constantine.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

I saw the A to Z pilot and thought it was cute. Was really surprised by the ending to the Mysteries of Laura pilot (watched it because an actor I know auditioned for a part, so I wanted to see if I could visualise him in the part he didn't get), so I might continue with that. Forever has potential.
I made my icon.