Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-12-2014, 07:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Good Wife TV Room #21 - New Year, new shows to love!

Welcome to the TV Room
The thread where the Teevee Junkies can get their fix
"Pass the remote" - Alicia

Previous Thread

Last edited by Gelfling; 05-25-2014 at 10:37 PM
Old 01-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks so much Kate

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Kate!

Quote:
Wow it was so dull! It was 92 minutes and nothing really happened! I remember looking at my stream and thinking it must be near the end by now, but it was only at 58 minutes! I still had over half an hour to go, I couldn't believe it! It just dragged on!
I know, right? It was so boring! The only two things I liked were the end of the beach scene and Violet calling Mary's many suitors "Mary's Men"
The whole "let's save monarchy from a scandal" storyline was ridiculous. And of course, due to Edith's circumstances, they again skipped through most of a year without any relationship or dynamic changing a bit (Isobel and her "suitor", Mary and all her suitors, Branson and the teacher, Thomas and Baxter, Moseley and Baxter etc) and they kinda swept Michael's demise under the rug. Oh well.

Quote:
I watched The Returned over Christmas. Have you seen it? It's in French but I saw it with English subtitles. I tried to ignore the subtitles and just listen to the French but I couldn't understand a thing! I had to read the subtitles.
awww yeah I tried but I have such a hard time watching French tv or movies. Dialogs are so fake! At times they talk like books, and the next second, they use so much slang, it's completely schizophrenic! I guess that comes from the growing divide between actual proper French and the oral form of the language and script writers being unable to pick a side but damn!
I did hear a lot of good things about it though so I suppose I'll have to give it a try (maybe if I mute the sound and use the subtitles? I'm such a loon! )

Quote:
I watched the pilot and all I wanted to do is smack Prince Charming or whatever his name is in the face so I figured out I'm probably doing something wrong here and just stopped after that
yeah I've never been too fond of the Disney male model (or female really, with a few exceptions).

Quote:
Also,I'm still on Last Tango In Halifax and this show is just so One of the most unpretentious series I've seen in a long time
Ah! I still need to give this one a try! I was hoping for more mid-season shows but I've already been disappointed by everything I tried so time for a change.

Quote:
And ****ing True Blood is on S8, SCREW YOU HBO!
Hey! Lots of naked people in that show! did you think it was going anywhere?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-13-2014, 07:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Trailer for season 4 of Game of Thrones! It's had over 3 million views already
Game of Thrones Season 4: Trailer #1 (HBO) - YouTube

Quote:
yeah I tried but I have such a hard time watching French tv or movies. Dialogs are so fake! At times they talk like books, and the next second, they use so much slang, it's completely schizophrenic! I guess that comes from the growing divide between actual proper French and the oral form of the language and script writers being unable to pick a side but damn!
Oh, really? That's interesting. I thought seeing as it was a French show, that they were just speaking in regular, natural French.

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-19-2014 at 05:25 AM
Old 01-13-2014, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryFlower (View Post)
AHHHHHHH EXCITING!!!! Wohooo!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

I just watched HBO True Detective first episode and man,it's brilliant.Like wow.I never liked Matthew McConaughey very much, but he's amazing in it.Everything else it too for that matter.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
damn! Between this and the Orphan Black spoilers, I need April like NOW!

Quote:
I think that might be a good idea; have a super season 5 and then end it on a high rather than drag it out until it's dead.
I wish every tv producer was that honest with themselves.

Speaking of shows ending... Newsroom's 3rd season will be its last but hey, same thing, I'd rather they give it a good finish than drag it to hell without Sorkin (yes I'm looking at you TWW!)

Quote:
Oh, really? That's interesting. I thought seeing as it was a French show, that they were just speaking in regular, natural French.
They never do. I have never heard anyone talk the way characters talk in most French movies/tv shows. It's frankly unsettling. It always feel like they are trying hard to sound "real" but are failing because they are using "proper" grammar that mostly belongs in books at this point.
I'm not saying they should text-speak or anything but they should pick a side and stick with it.

Quote:
I just watched HBO True Detective first episode and man,it's brilliant.Like wow.I never liked Matthew McConaughey very much, but he's amazing in it.Everything else it too for that matter.
I skipped it because I thought it was reality tv or one of those "documentary" about "real crimes"
Guess I'll have to check it out now because every other mid-season show I've tried has been terrible.

Oh I forgot to post this last time. New show with Michelle Dockery! not!)

Old 01-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

Anyone watching the third season of Sherlock?

The show doesn't make any sense anymore and Moffat doesn't know if he is writing for Sherlock or Dr Who

But besides the total lack of logic, I loved the S3 finale, it was excting and fun and Martin Freeman's wife is a great add to the cast, I love her!

Oh and btw, I want Sir Arthur Conan Doyle to come back from his grave and see this :

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 01-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I skipped it because I thought it was reality tv or one of those "documentary" about "real crimes"

LORD NO But now when I think about it the title might be misleading indeed
Old 01-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
damn! Between this and the Orphan Black spoilers, I need April like NOW!
Same! I'm kind of nervous about Orphan Black. In the first season there were no expectations, but now they've got all these fans and hype and I'm scared they might buckle under the pressure.

Quote:
Anyone watching the third season of Sherlock?
YES YES YES!
Loved the first episode, Second was OK, liked this third one but I need to watch it again I think!
Love that gif!

Quote:
Martin Freeman's wife is a great add to the cast, I love her!
She's been getting death threats! There are some disturbed people out there! And yeah she's great!

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-19-2014 at 05:26 AM
Old 01-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The show doesn't make any sense anymore and Moffat doesn't know if he is writing for Sherlock or Dr Who
I have never watched it but that's what I heard (also: coming up on Sherlock: another hiatus )

Quote:
Oh and btw, I want Sir Arthur Conan Doyle to come back from his grave and see this :
well, his Holmes was always a tad less "clean" and proper than presented in oh 90% of the on-screen portrayals so I wonder if he'd be shocked or vindicated.

Quote:
LORD NO But now when I think about it the title might be misleading indeed
Thanks for clearing it up

Quote:
Same! I'm kind of nervous about Orphan Black. In the first season there were no expectations, but now they've got all these fans and hype and I'm scared they might buckle under the pressure.
There's always the possibility, sure, but they are keeping everything pretty much under wraps and Michelle Forbes is in season 2 so... so far so good!
I'm only worried about Cosima because every time I read about her, it seems they are preparing us for the worst

Quote:
My mum used to teach Michelle Dockery's sisters. I always feel like a traitor in some way when I slate Downton
well it's a fine line, but she didn't teach them acting so you're fine

Quote:
She's been getting death threats! There are some disturbed people out there!
Amen!

Old 01-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She's been getting death threats! There are some disturbed people out there!
Oh God, I am so sorry for her!

Quote:
My sister and I guessed a lot of stuff that happened in the finale.
But the worst thing is, who is the smartest one? It's just people outsmarting more people. Mycroft, Sherlock, Mary, Moriarty, Magnussen etc. All geniuses and all gathered in London, yeah right...

Quote:
YES YES YES!
Loved the first episode, Second was OK, liked this third one but I need to watch it again I think!
Love that gif!
I didn't like the first one that much. My favorites were the other two. But of course NOTHING can beat A Scandal in Belgravia, with the force of nature that is Lara Pulver

Quote:
(also: coming up on Sherlock: another hiatus
Right? The waiting is not worthy. The show is not that good.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
Oh God, I am so sorry for her!
I know, and it must be quite scary for her, as she has two young kids. Why are there such crazy people in the world?

Quote:
But of course NOTHING can beat A Scandal in Belgravia, with the force of nature that is Lara Pulver
Love that one! I loved that she did a tiny little guest appearance in I think it was the second episode, where Sherlock was like "get out of my head" or something

Quote:
I'm only worried about Cosima because every time I read about her, it seems they are preparing us for the worst
Don't say that! I love her! I would love to be confident that they wouldn't kill her off, but they killed off Helena, and she was awesome too

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-30-2014 at 04:11 PM
Old 01-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know, and it must be quite scary for her, as she has two young kids. Why are there such crazy people in the world?
Yes and I have heard Martin and Amanda brought their kids to the set and some stalkers got pictures and they have been asking everyone on Twitter to take them down.

Quote:
Love that one! I loved that she did a tiny little guest appearance in I think it was the second episode, where Sherlock was like "get out of my head" or something
I KNOW! I was dead for a minute

Quote:
The only other thing I've ever seen Lara Pulver in besides Sherlock is the BBC version of Robin Hood where she played Richard Armitage's character's sister. I was obsessed with that show when it first aired, but it was soooo bad!!!
No, I have only seen her in Sherlock But Richard Armitage you say? I may consider watching it. Talking about him, did you see North and South?

Old 01-14-2014, 06:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
did you see North and South?
No, but I want to.

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-30-2014 at 04:13 PM