Welcome to the TV Room
The thread where the Teevee Junkies can get their fix

"Pass the remote" - Alicia

Previous Thread

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I see it's all about Game of Thrones here but I wonder if any of you watches/used to watch Nurse Jackie?
yeah the GoT discussion goes on all year but it's stronger during the season

And yes I watch NJ religiously! I love this show! There's nothing about it I don't love and they keep making it interesting, which is hard for a character drama after 4 years! And the cast!

I'm all caught up and I loved the finale! (spoiler for the finale)

Spoiler:

Are you watching it?

I would also like to warmly recommend Orphan Black. It's beautifully acted and written. It's must-see tv imo. And I expect awards to start raining on their heads.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT

Orphan Black is SO in my list!! ASAP!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
yeah the GoT discussion goes on all year but it's stronger during the season

And yes I watch NJ religiously! I love this show! There's nothing about it I don't love and they keep making it interesting, which is hard for a character drama after 4 years! And the cast!

I'm all caught up and I loved the finale! (spoiler for the finale)

Spoiler:

Are you watching it?

I would also like to warmly recommend Orphan Black. It's beautifully acted and written. It's must-see tv imo. And I expect awards to start raining on their heads.
YES YES I DO! I love this show so much!And I miss O'Hara though;( ahhh the finale was amazing,I was kind of expecting it but still ughhh
Old 06-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Orphan Black is SO in my list!! ASAP!
We should watch together! If we're ever online at the same time again

Quote:
YES YES I DO! I love this show so much!And I miss O'Hara though;( ahhh the finale was amazing,I was kind of expecting it but still ughhh
I knooooow! I miss O'Hara! Such a great relationship! I really liked this season though. I was worried that they couldn't keep things fresh and also that maybe the new showrunners would take the show in a different direction but they've stayed true to the heart of the show imo.
Love love love Zoey! How has Merritt *NOT* been nominated for an Emmy yet?!

The only two shows I was curious about this summer premiered last night.

King & Maxwell, despite a great cast, is the typical TNT procedural fare. Kinda underwhelming with good characters but not really interesting.
I should have known. It's one of those shows based on "mystery novels" that people only really read in planes and trains

Ray Donovan is off to a really good start though. Think Scandal but without all the romance novel paperback crap and with better characters. Pretty good cast as well. Including Dash Mihok who played Detective Frank in TGW.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

I knooooow! I miss O'Hara! Such a great relationship! I really liked this season though. I was worried that they couldn't keep things fresh and also that maybe the new showrunners would take the show in a different direction but they've stayed true to the heart of the show imo.
Love love love Zoey! How has Merritt *NOT* been nominated for an Emmy yet?!
Merritt is great!I hope she'll be back on the good wife too Also Akalitus is like really,one of my ultimate faves

Now I watch Hannibal which basically stole my heart and soul but it's the last episode of the season tomorrow, so now I have only The Killing. And Newsroom,when it comes back.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:08 AM
Total Fan

Count me in as a Nurse Jackie fan, I loved this season and though I missed O'Hara it was still great and fresh!

Quote:
Spoiler:
You and me both

Merritt was nominated for an Emmy, last year if I remember correctly Zoey is my very favourite character

Quote:
King & Maxwell, despite a great cast, is the typical TNT procedural fare. Kinda underwhelming with good characters but not really interesting.
I should have known. It's one of those shows based on "mystery novels" that people only really read in planes and trains
it;s not bad but not good enough for me to keep watching. But I totally did not recognize SoA's Opie!

I'll watch Ray Donovan asap Orphan Black is definitely high on my summer watchlist

I started watching Borgen last weekend and damn I love it!

So happy about Hannibal getting a second season!

Last edited by Aga_darkside; 06-19-2013 at 06:14 AM
Old 06-19-2013, 06:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_darkside (View Post)
Count me in as a Nurse Jackie fan, I loved this season and though I missed O'Hara it was still great and fresh!

So happy about Hannibal getting a second season!
oh finally I met more Nurse Jackie fans! and yesss,I was so worried it won't get renewed!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We should watch together! If we're ever online at the same time again
I know right! As soon as I settled in and at home in the early evening should be fine!

Quote:
Ray Donovan is off to a really good start though. Think
Started already? I thought it was after Dexter. Damn so many shows to watch!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
They used the sixth book for the pilot. The book was better. I'm giving this a couple of episodes though. I want to see if they do something different. I'm hoping they make better use of the cast. So, far, we've just gotten a lot of heavy-handed, run of the mill reactions thrown in.

Watched Graceland too and was bored throughout. They have a good cast, but again, different characters, recycled plots. Also, I'm still not sure what happened in the pilot

Did anyone watch the Tonys????!! How awesome was that opening number?! NPH really outdid himself this year. Also, Laura Benanti, Megan Hilty and Andrew Rannells were brilliant!!! I was so excited that I recognized all the melodies that I missed the lyrics and had to rewind. There were a lot of kids up on stage, with Annie, Matilda and A Christmas Story and they really were impressive! A nod to Bertie Carvel and Cinderella's (Laura Osnes) dress changes as well!

And yes, all that was supposed to go into the theatre thread, but I looked twice and couldn't find it! Mods, could one of you bump it?

Last edited by Lily_Marie; 06-19-2013 at 10:07 AM
Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

I watched King & MAxwell and I liked it. The characters are likeable and EDGARRRR <3 I love him. LMAO. So yeah Imma watch on for sure. I like the Castle-meets-Burn Notice vibe
Old 06-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They used the sixth book for the pilot. The book was better.
I don't doubt it. It felt very contrived and rushed, cramming a whole book in one episode. Maybe if they had done two? But no, American viewers need the L&O format: 42 mn to a crime
I liked the characters and the cast but yeah the writing is sloppy. Having the FBI villain giving the exposure on their background in two scenes was... odd.

Quote:
I like the Castle-meets-Burn Notice vibe
Heh I like it better when I don't feel a "something meets something" vibe from a tv show. I have too good a memory to watch recycle mashups. I get bored.

Quote:
Did anyone watch the Tonys????!! How awesome was that opening number?! NPH really outdid himself this year. Also, Laura Benanti, Megan Hilty and Andrew Rannells were brilliant!!! I was so excited that I recognized all the melodies that I missed the lyrics and had to rewind. There were a lot of kids up on stage, with Annie, Matilda and A Christmas Story and they really were impressive! A nod to Bertie Carvel and Cinderella's (Laura Osnes) dress changes as well!
I did!! That opening number was sooo good! it kinda made the rest of the performances feel very meh in comparison, imo.
Not a fan of Hilty but that number was awesome. Benanti keeps knocking me out!
I'm torn about the kids. Yes they are great but odds are most of them will not make a career of it and in the meantime, you have grown-ups, honest to God talented and hard working grown-ups who don't work, can't pay their bills, don't have insurance, so that producers can pack Broadway with Glee fans... I don't know.

Quote:
Merritt is great!I hope she'll be back on the good wife too
she was awesome! I loved her scenes with Will (and Kalinda )

Quote:
Merritt was nominated for an Emmy, last year if I remember correctly Zoey is my very favourite character
She was! Totally skipped that! I don't know why the cast never even got a SAG award nomination, they work ridiculously well together! I mean... they nominated effin' GLEE for a cast nomination and not NJ??

Quote:
Also Akalitus is like really,one of my ultimate faves
she's brilliant! Anna is blowing my mind in that part (and all others I've seen her in) and she's such a smart lady!

Quote:
it;s not bad but not good enough for me to keep watching. But I totally did not recognize SoA's Opie!
I knoooow! Opie!! I miss him I recognized him but yeah he looks different, it's mostly the size!

Quote:
so now I have only The Killing. And Newsroom,when it comes back.
another month before the Newsroom but it's ok because The Killing will almost bridge the gap and wow! This season is so damn dark! it makes S1-2 looks like Disneyland!

Quote:
Watched Graceland too and was bored throughout. They have a good cast, but again, different characters, recycled plots. Also, I'm still not sure what happened in the pilot
Haven't checked it yet. It's USA so I'm always afraid. They start with good enough premises and then all their shows look the same.

Quote:
I started watching Borgen last weekend and damn I love it!
I'm conflicted because people who told me to watch it also said that I should stop before S3 so I don't want to get disappointed by a show I love again.

Quote:
I know right! As soon as I settled in and at home in the early evening should be fine!
Awww your own home

Old 06-20-2013, 03:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Anyone loves James Gandolfini and watched The Sopranos? My heart is shattered ;(;(
Old 06-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Anyone loves James Gandolfini and watched The Sopranos? My heart is shattered ;(;(
I know

I would have posted about it when I heard but it would have been a double post.

So sad. And he leaves a baby behind who's not even one year old and won't remember his/her father. How odd is that? You get to see your father on tv and movies but he's a stranger to you.

I never really watched The Sopranos though. I saw a few episodes but it wasn't for me really. He was a great actor and I saw him in many other things.
I was looking forward to seeing him in Criminal Justice. I don't know if they'll write the character out or if they'll recast though now

Old 06-22-2013, 04:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I know

I would have posted about it when I heard but it would have been a double post.

So sad. And he leaves a baby behind who's not even one year old and won't remember his/her father. How odd is that? You get to see your father on tv and movies but he's a stranger to you.

I never really watched The Sopranos though. I saw a few episodes but it wasn't for me really. He was a great actor and I saw him in many other things.
I was looking forward to seeing him in Criminal Justice. I don't know if they'll write the character out or if they'll recast though now

I know,and he was only 51 years old now I miss The Sopranos even more