Old 04-26-2011, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT
Old 04-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

TFTNT!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hello Thread of my Life.... I don't do TV half way, never a casual viewer, i always watch every episode and love on it.

So what does everyone watch other than the better than the rest THE GOOD WIFE?

My current list includes.. (in a kinda day of the day of the week order)
Mad Men, United States of Tara, Hung, The Big C, Breaking Bad, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Dexter, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Big Bang Theory, Chuck, 90210, Pretty Little Liars, House, Secret Life, Body of Proof, Parenthood, Raising Hope, No Ordinary Family, Modern Family, Cougar Town, Parks & Recreation, 30 Rock, Community, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, some reality like survivor & amazing race, SNL..... & i still watch a bunch of old shows like ER, Star Treks, BSG, Once & Again .... and quite a few UK shows that aren't even worth mentioning haha.

Yeah... lets just say i keep busy? I can't say i'm obsessed with every single one but i do love them all for a specific reason & really enjoy watching.

Always wanting to add shows (crazy i know?!) so let me know what you think i might love based on that list?
Going to watch all The West Wing (yeah how have i not watched it yet??!!) and The Closer this summer
And I think i might catch up with Bones if people are impressed with how this season ends... seems like my kind of show?
Old 04-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT

Wow Em, thats a lot of TV I watch a few of the shows you watch so we will have a lot to discuss and when you start TWW omg it would be epic

I am currently watching Nurse Jackie which I love

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT

I'm also going to start watching TWW soon, but the last 3 seasons are still missing.

Besides TGW I watch Desperate Housewives and Body of Proof, plus I'll catch up on this The Office season during summer, I watched all other seasons last summer for the first time.

From past shows I'm watching China Beach now, also for the first time.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT

I must say that I haven't found a show that captivates me as much as TGW.
Maybe you can give me some suggestions for the loooong summer ahead
Old 04-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

And I thought I was watching too much TV!

I watch every week Mike&Molly, Glee, Parenthood, Private Practice and Fringe. Moreover, I watch Grey's Anatomy, Damages, Castle, but usually I watch an entire season all together. I'm currently watching Boardwalk Empire and the last season of The West Wing. Plus other random shows if some guest stars catch my attention.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ah how good is it to watch a season(s) all in one go?
i LOVE doing that, just watching ALL day... and it always makes them enjoyable coz you really just remember all the good stuff, and feels so satisfying to not have to wait after cliffhangers & such. Get so involved

I do watch Glee too (think i'm an episode behind tho) but it annoys me as much as i enjoy it haha.

Defo can't wait for TWW, seems many TGW fans loved it so that high praise. I've just always never been bothered before because its more male orientated and i don't normally go for those shows. But i have faith in the genius of the Sorkin

Quote:
I must say that I haven't found a show that captivates me as much as TGW.
Maybe you can give me some suggestions for the loooong summer ahead
Can't say i can get anything to compete with it but what kinda show are you looking for and i could find one that would be enjoyable in the summer
Comedy/drama/male/female/cable/family/medical/sci fi/detective???
Old 04-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Drama, detective would be my first choice but by the end of the summer I'll probably watch anything!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewpsies (View Post)
Ah how good is it to watch a season(s) all in one go?
i LOVE doing that, just watching ALL day... and it always makes them enjoyable coz you really just remember all the good stuff, and feels so satisfying to not have to wait after cliffhangers & such. Get so involved

I do watch Glee too (think i'm an episode behind tho) but it annoys me as much as i enjoy it haha.
It is. Specially with complicated shows like Damages. You can't get enough.

Same here about Glee. I'd like to kill half of the characters (specially Rachel), but it's so silly that's it's good for the soul and the brain after a stressing day.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by simowa (View Post)
Drama, detective would be my first choice but by the end of the summer I'll probably watch anything!
oooo well then i would say try Dexter, as long as you can cope with lots of blood, its amazing crime drama mixed with a bit of dark murder mystery and not all about work, got lots of personal development too! 5 seasons (12 episodes each) have aired so far with a theme running through each.

Quote:
Same here about Glee. I'd like to kill half of the characters (specially Rachel), but it's so silly that's it's good for the soul and the brain after a stressing day.
ESPECIALLY RACHEL YES. I enjoy the positivity, some of the singing and the brilliant guest stars keep me watching...
I loved Nip/Tuck so i just get very confused about Ryan Murphy going and making this after that amazing twisted dark show, but i guess that shows his talent to go completely opposite!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I loved Nip/Tuck so i just get very confused about Ryan Murphy going and making this after that amazing twisted dark show, but i guess that shows his talent to go completely opposite!
I've watched some episodes of that, but that wasn't really my cup of tea.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
My current list includes.. (in a kinda day of the day of the week order)
Mad Men, United States of Tara, Hung, The Big C, Breaking Bad, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Dexter, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Big Bang Theory, Chuck, 90210, Pretty Little Liars, House, Secret Life, Body of Proof, Parenthood, Raising Hope, No Ordinary Family, Modern Family, Cougar Town, Parks & Recreation, 30 Rock, Community, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, some reality like survivor & amazing race, SNL..... & i still watch a bunch of old shows like ER, Star Treks, BSG, Once & Again .... and quite a few UK shows that aren't even worth mentioning haha.
All right, I'll call 12 of those shows and raise you with....

Arrested Development
Archer
Better Off Ted
Black Books
Bones
Bromwell High
CSI
CSI: New York
Damages** <--- Dancing to the titles of this is a mandatory requirement in my house.
Face Off
Freaks & Geeks
Fringe
Glee
Green Wing
How I Met Your Mother
Kingdom Hospital
Law & Order
Law & Order: SVU
Lost
Metalocalypse
NCIS
Nurse Jackie
Portlandia
Prison Break
Southland
Suburban Shootout
The IT Crowd
The Shield
The Vicar of Dibley
True Blood
Ugly Betty
Wallace & Gromit
...and last but not least...
Weeds

I promise I wasn't turning this into a competition; we just have a very extensive DVD collection!

Edit: So, I took out the shows I haven't watched at least once in the past year.... but still it's a worryingly long list to look at! At least the only MUST SEE show for me is The Good Wife. I could probably live with only watching 3-4 out of the 50 (!) but luckily I don't have to make that decision.

Last edited by broccoli; 04-26-2011 at 01:13 PM
Old 04-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broccoli (View Post)
Damages** <--- Dancing to the titles of this is a mandatory requirement in my house.
Kinda catchy, isn't it? I used to watch Heroes and Lost too. Just mentioned the ones I'm currently watching otherwise the list would have been tooo long! I started young!