Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Good Wife "Season Two" DVD Thread #1 - Let's hope they change the cover...

Post here all comments/questions related to contents and technical aspects. No spoiler rules applied.

Releases:

US: 13/09/2011 (pre-order here)

Extras:
6-disc set features all 23 dramatic second season episodes and is packed with intriguing behind-the-scenes special features, including featurettes, deleted scenes, Academy of Television Arts & Sciences panel discussion, music videos and more!

Last edited by Det.Logan; 06-22-2011 at 05:01 AM
Old 06-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

OOO YESS!! I love coming home to this great news (now I have to figure out if I should pre-order or wait for the Target copy, remember last year the Target copy had the bonus Paley disc, wonder if something similiar will happen again)

Also thanks for that article! Looks like "films" want to take AP away, NO WAY JOSE she is not going

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so glad they used that image for the cover, it honestly tells the story of the season.

kenny | credit
Old 06-20-2011, 10:07 PM
BK.
Passionate Fan

YES!!! Thanks for the news!! Can't wait!

“There’s a bond that will endure whatever journey we go on.” ~Josh Charles on A/W
Old 06-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

I like how the s1 photo showed Alicia with a complacent look... while s2's photo shows a smile with a raised eyebrow. I don't know how much detail went into these photo shoots, but they are very cognoscente of how the season plays out for her character.

kenny | credit
Old 06-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaise (View Post)
I'm so glad they used that image for the cover, it honestly tells the story of the season.
I've always thought that this show is much more than that and when they have focused on the triangle they have failed miserably.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
I've always thought that this show is much more than that and when they have focused on the triangle they have failed miserably.
Although I'm a die-hard shipper, I have to admit that I was a little puzzled by this cover choice. It's definitely not what the show is mainly about and to reduce it to a romance is a mistake IMO.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't mind the picture as I'm a fan of that storyline, but I agree that they should have had a cast picture. Diane, Cary, Kalinda and Eli should all have been on it, and maybe the kids, and Jackie, too...

Will: No, you know what? I'm not just dropping this. You wanna know my plan? My plan is I love you, okay? I've probably loved you ever since Georgetown. So phone me. I'll meet you anywhere and we will make a plan. Avatar by Karen
Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinaberetta (View Post)
Although I'm a die-hard shipper, I have to admit that I was a little puzzled by this cover choice. It's definitely not what the show is mainly about and to reduce it to a romance is a mistake IMO.
Totally agree, I am disappointed thats the cover of the DVD, mostly cause thats not all the show is about I think the cast photo would have been good too, or just a pic of Alicia alone without the men.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinaberetta (View Post)
I agree. Season 2 is not about that story. Die-hard W/A shipper as well, have a lot of hope for season 3, but again season 2 is not about this triangle.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly, we know that Alicia is the lead so you choose something like Season1 or you go with a cast picture
Old 06-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Total Fan

Ugh, I'm really not pleased with the choice of the photo. They should really stop promoting the show based only on the triangle and I've always hated that particular picture, Alicia'a face looks really fake in it.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Not really though. More like a tiny bit of the end of the season. Not to mention it makes it look like the love triangle is all there is (other characters be damned) and it's horribly photoshopped.

Quote:
I don't know how much detail went into these photo shoots, but they are very cognoscente of how the season plays out for her character.
Hehe I doubt the writers knew where they were going with the season at that point. Honestly, given the givens, I think they had no idea where they would go with even the first 10 episodes when the pictures were taken, let alone the last three episodes of the season. And the promos are just the usual CBS meh, writers have nothing to do with it.

Quote:
I have to admit that I was a little puzzled by this cover choice. It's definitely not what the show is mainly about and to reduce it to a romance is a mistake IMO.
It's just that they started and ended promoting with the same thing over and over because that's the one thing about the show that's easy enough for the network to understand
But they had to use the promos they had for the cover and the one with only Alicia was kinda lame. The group shot was too large for a DVD cover.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't like that photo. I didn't like it when it came out, I don't like it now that the season is over, and I certainly don't like it on the DVD cover. If I buy this box set, I'll have to cover it up with newspaper before I put it on my shelf.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_darkside (View Post)
I've always hated that particular picture, Alicia'a face looks really fake in it.
I agree with you. It is one of the worst picture of JM. It doesn't do her justice.