Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-14-2011, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Good Wife Season 2 Discussion Thread #1 - Wrongful Termination and Foreign Affairs!!

Welcome to the
The Good Wife
Season 2
Discussion thread

(art to be added later)

Last edited by Gelfling; 08-14-2011 at 09:50 PM
Old 08-14-2011, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Season Two Review

This week episodes: Taking Control and Double Jeopardy

Old 08-14-2011, 05:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Tftnt!
Old 08-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Ohhh mama we have stared S2 already Will try to watch Taking Control tonight I am excited for the re-watched

Should we pin this thread back up Fluff?

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 08-14-2011, 10:47 PM
BK.
Passionate Fan

TFTNT

Yesss, S2 rewatch! Gonna watch Taking Control either tonight or tomorrow night. How long will we have to watch and discuss each epi?

“There’s a bond that will endure whatever journey we go on.” ~Josh Charles on A/W
Old 08-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
How long will we have to watch and discuss each epi?
Two episodes a week is what we talked about but you really can do it at your own pace and still post your comments here

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 08-15-2011, 01:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

It's so difficult to watch and re-watch the episodes... Poor us
Old 08-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

So I finally got around to watching Taking Control and I am so glad I did

-Whatever happened to that lawyer we meet in the first court scene? Wasn't there rumors she was gonna be around more?
- Sigh, I had so much hope for A/P in this episode. I love that first scene where she tells him to cut out part of his speech
-A/E scenes just crack me up Eli being hurt that the cough is gone I have a feeling S3 will have an A/E scene early in the episode as well.
-Peter trying to stay positive
-Ugh I cannot believe Blake, I do not how I did not hate him for like the first 4 episodes, I should have hated him right away after doing that too K in episode. Who the hell did he think he was?
-Aww J/E scenes how I love them always welcomed
-Kalinda is ****ing hilarious telling the girl not to go back into the house when she sees the helicopter
-OMG that court scene with Alicia ITS so amazing! She is so fierce! No wonder Peter got all hot and heavy And then that bathroom scene of my JESUS, damn that was a HOT scene JM killed it!!!
-And what ever happened to that mentor thing never happened?

Overall episode was ok, not terrible but not the best!

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
-Whatever happened to that lawyer we meet in the first court scene? Wasn't there rumors she was gonna be around more?
Those were not rumors. She was officially announced as a recurring character and a possible love interest for Cary
Not sure what happened. Tammy Blanchard later signed on for How to Succeed on Broadway (and earned a Tony nomination as well as a bunch of other awards) but I'm sure she was released from her contract with TGW first.

Quote:
Ugh I cannot believe Blake, I do not how I did not hate him for like the first 4 episodes, I should have hated him right away after doing that too K in episode. Who the hell did he think he was?
a douche? And for no reason either.
He was just horrific in that episode. Between the stiff acting and the poor diction... I actually skipped all his scenes upon rewatch.

Oh and now suddenly, the guy just got into town but he's the one telling Kalinda the cops found the murder weapon. Because Kalinda lost all her contacts in the entire CPD force, see?

Quote:
-Kalinda is ****ing hilarious telling the girl not to go back into the house when she sees the helicopter
playing on her paranoia. That was a nice touch

Quote:
-And what ever happened to that mentor thing never happened?
So much never happened in that season
They had no idea what they wanted to do with Bond or Blake and it showed right away! I don't care about Porter but it was a waste of great casting with Michael.

Taking Control

Breaking Fast

Old 08-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Those were not rumors. She was officially announced as a recurring character and a possible love interest for Cary
UGH what a bust! So freaking disappointed how some stuff just did not come through

Quote:
a douche? And for no reason either.
Seriously, even to THIS day, we still do not know why he just did not leave K alone, why be ALL over her in the first episode?

Quote:
So much never happened in that season
wasted

Gonna try to watch DJ tomorrow

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 08-22-2011, 10:10 PM
BK.
Passionate Fan

My thoughts on Taking Control

Lemme just start off by saying I’m still wondering why they named the epi TC because I don’t really see any control being taken here Did I miss something?
-Will and his infamous 2nd VM. That she’ll never hear “My plan is I love you okay.” BAM. There he said it, finally I loved it then the moment was ruined when nosy Eli had to go and delete it Gah. That still pisses me off to this day. I swear I was screaming at him through the TV when he did that!
-I wasn’t liking the douche bag of a judge, and the guy who she had to represent was kind of annoying blaming the government for the murder. I didn’t quite care for this case all that much, but it wasn’t entirely bad. I just think they could’ve done better for the premiere.
-Alicia is such a team player. You know she doesn’t want to give up the other case to work for this guy who’s accused of murder but she still sucks it up and does her job. She's awesome
-Hated A/W’s awkward moment where they walk into each other through the door. . And of course, K would be the one to bring up the 16th most eligible bachelor
-Blake: UGH. It’s only the first episode and I’m already sick of seeing his face. I can’t endure him much longer. What an A**
-Jackie and Eli’s scene was pretty cute. Had me cracking up a little bit
-I’m not a huge fan of Bond and his “peer reviews” they didn’t seem to do much this season. I’m glad for that. He seemed to try to change things instead of run with the flow of the firm, since he was the new comer.
-I don’t know how much I bought into that whole “feet pointing” business but I had a huge smile on my face when they showed Will’s feet pointing to Alicia
-Alicia’s BAMF moment in court was AWESOME! [Maybe that was the “Taking Control” they were intending here?] I loved it
-Okay, being the A/W shipper that I am, I’m a little hesitant to say that I didn’t entirely hate the A/P scene. But I really didn’t cringe as bad as I thought I would during it. I thought Alicia had a “WTF are you thinking” look on her face but after that I didn’t hear her complaining much
-I was kinda bummed that Bond was Alicia’s new mentor. I like when Diane mentoring to Alicia thing they had going in the first season!

“There’s a bond that will endure whatever journey we go on.” ~Josh Charles on A/W
Old 08-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Lemme just start off by saying I’m still wondering why they named the epi TC because I don’t really see any control being taken here Did I miss something?
I'm assuming this was about the merger.

Quote:
when nosy Eli had to go and delete it Gah. That still pisses me off to this day.
What bothered me about it was that it's cheap melodrama. Why the **** would Eli listen to the message and delete it? Why should he care what happens between Will and Alicia? It's not as if Alicia was hearing that and divorcing Peter the next day or whatever anyway.

Quote:
I didn’t quite care for this case all that much, but it wasn’t entirely bad. I just think they could’ve done better for the premiere.
It was weak to say the least. I loved Judge Matchik though. He was such an a-hole

Quote:
He seemed to try to change things instead of run with the flow of the firm, since he was the new comer.
Well he wasn't the new-comer. It was a merger. They used L&G's offices but the idea was to benefit from both expertise and both office culture.

Quote:
-I was kinda bummed that Bond was Alicia’s new mentor. I like when Diane mentoring to Alicia thing they had going in the first season!
I know, right? It turned out not to go anywhere of course but when I read RK saying that Alicia is going to be a mentor to someone, the way Diane was to her, I'm like "uh??? in what show did this happen? Cause it wasn't on TGW!"

Old 08-22-2011, 10:58 PM
BK.
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I'm assuming this was about the merger
Oh. But see that still doesn't make sense to me I thought it was about A. Confused, much.

Quote:
Why the **** would Eli listen to the message and delete it? Why should he care what happens between Will and Alicia?
I know, right! That's what I'm saying! There was absolutely NO reason for Eli to suspect that something was going on between them. And it's not like he was ease dropping and listening to Alicia while she was talking about the romance and needing a plan 2 seconds before she went on stage. Ugh! That part will forever frustrate me!

Quote:
Well he wasn't the new-comer. It was a merger.
Yeah true. But he was technically still a "new-comer" right? At least that's how my eyes saw it.

Quote:
but when I read RK saying that Alicia is going to be a mentor to someone, the way Diane was to her, I'm like "uh??? in what show did this happen? Cause it wasn't on TGW!"
So Alicia was suppose to mentor someone in S2. Okay yeah, never saw that...at all. Wow RK, you're just outdoing yourself left and right here

Old 08-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What bothered me about it was that it's cheap melodrama.
SO melodrama in order to further extend their romance angle. That stupid voicemail was a waste of season drama that I could have done without. I would have rather just heard it.

Quote:
on her face but after that I didn’t hear her complaining much
how could she As for the look on her face, I saw this look of kind of wanting to challenge him, not let him totally in,but neither pushing him all away

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 08-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There was absolutely NO reason for Eli to suspect that something was going on between them.
Exactly! That was the cheapest twist!

Quote:
SO melodrama in order to further extend their romance angle. That stupid voicemail was a waste of season drama that I could have done without. I would have rather just heard it.
It frustrated everyone and for what? Where did we end up? Same place. So what was the point again?

Quote:
So Alicia was suppose to mentor someone in S2. Okay yeah, never saw that...at all. Wow RK, you're just outdoing yourself left and right here
That's something he talked about as a "possibility" for S3 but you know... A/K are "the core relationship on the show" and they barely interact in three episodes so we'll see what really happens.