Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The Good Wife 1.40 and 9.09
TV Ratings Sunday: ‘Once Upon A Time’, ‘Betrayal’ & ‘The Mentalist’ Rise, ‘The Good Wife’ & ‘Revenge’ Flat as ‘Sunday Night Football’ Beats World Series - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 10-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks!

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-31-2014 at 02:28 PM
Old 10-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Well screw the raitings, everyone is loving the show, even famous people on Twitter were talking about it. Rita Wilson, Martha Plimpton, Debra Messing, Retta, etc.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well screw the raitings, everyone is loving the show, even famous people on Twitter were talking about it. Rita Wilson, Martha Plimpton, Debra Messing, Retta, etc.
unless they are included in the lucky 5.000 Nielsen homes who decide what's on tv, nobody cares apparently. Well, two of them are working on the show so these are out anyway

Nielsen needs to change or disappear imo.

Although I don't really see why the show's ratings would be improving. If anything, they are doing more to lose viewers than to attract them.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

Well but Rita and Martha are guest stars, they don't have to watch the show, in fact Jill Flint totally forgot TGW was on Sundays

RK doesn't seem to care, he said if the ones who are watching TWD or BB DVR TGW to watch it later, he is fine with it.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
in fact Jill Flint totally forgot TGW was on Sundays
Can't blame her

Quote:
RK doesn't seem to care, he said if the ones who are watching TWD or BB DVR TGW to watch it later, he is fine with it
As long as CBS doesn't have a better candidate to fill the slot...

Old 10-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Can't blame her
Me neither

Quote:
As long as CBS doesn't have a better candidate to fill the slot...
The press loves TGW, and as long as they still get some Emmy noms, we are fine

Old 10-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The press loves TGW, and as long as they still get some Emmy noms, we are fine
Well, I said what I thought in the News Thread about that. Emmy noms are one thing but they are getting verrrrry rare. We went from Best Drama, Best Lead, several Best Supporting, Writing, Casting, several guests to... one supporting and one guest. If they had only kept the Best Drama, that would have gone a long way but I don't know.
As for the press, well, they are reviewing the show, like they review all the shows. Extra press mentions are what the network is counting.

I don't know. All I know is I hope they have a plan if things go off the rails, OR if the show stays on.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Yes I know, the first year... And then all the cast got nominated for S2
If Christine got nominated this past years with almost no screentime, I would already put her in the nomination list for next year's Emmys
Well this year's Emmys were kinda crazy. KERRY WASHINGTON AND CONNIE BRITTON? I like Connie and for some reason she gets nominations for everything she does BUT NASHVILLE?
And what about Jeff Daniels beating Lewis and Spacey? And I don't watch Boardwalk Empire but who was that random guy? How is he any better than Mandy or Aaron?
And the biggest joke of the whole show was Jessica Lange not winning for Asylum So yeah, **** can happen on the Emmys
Danes, Breaking Bad, James Cromwell and Abi Morgan were probably the only wins that made sense to me.

To me it looks like they are already planning another season

Old 10-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If Christine got nominated this past years with almost no screentime, I would already put her in the nomination list for next year's Emmys
If she isn't, that will definitely be the end of the Emmy love for the show! She's had so much material lately, it's almost as if... they weren't treating every Emmy nominee they have the way they are treating Archie

Quote:
I like Connie and for some reason she gets nominations for everything she does BUT NASHVILLE?
Britton and Washington were just the Emmys throwing a bone to ABC, imo.

Quote:
And what about Jeff Daniels beating Lewis and Spacey?
I don't agree with that because I think Daniels is quietly brilliant in TNR. Damian Lewis was chewing the scenery last season in Homeland a bit.
I would definitely have gone for Spacey myself but if he wasn't going to win, I'm glad they gave it to someone who deserved it and never won.

Quote:
And I don't watch Boardwalk Empire but who was that random guy? How is he any better than Mandy or Aaron?
I only know him from other shows and he's a decent stage actor but he's not Patinkin. Aaron Paul won several times so I guess that's why they tried someone else.

Quote:
And the biggest joke of the whole show was Jessica Lange not winning for Asylum So yeah, **** can happen on the Emmys
Same. She won (deservedly so) for S1 and they wanted to mix it up.
The problem with the Emmys is the repeat business. Well, it's a problem for the Oscars too (hullo, paging Meryl Streep!) but they don't know if they want to surprise people watching or to reward people.

Quote:
To me it looks like they are already planning another season
I did mean a "good plan" not the same kind of "what can we do to get people going berserk online?" plan that we've been getting

Old 10-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
If she isn't, that will definitely be the end of the Emmy love for the show! She's had so much material lately, it's almost as if... they weren't treating every Emmy nominee they have the way they are treating Archie
They love Christine (and her Emmy and two Tonys ) All she needs to do now is to pick the right episode because it's easy to choose when you have pretty much nothing Emmy worthy, but when you do... I can't make up my mind between 5X03 and 5X04.

Quote:
I only know him from other shows and he's a decent stage actor but he's not Patinkin. Aaron Paul won several times so I guess that's why they tried someone else.
MANDY I really don't understand.

Quote:
Same. She won (deservedly so) for S1 and they wanted to mix it up.
The problem with the Emmys is the repeat business. Well, it's a problem for the Oscars too (hullo, paging Meryl Streep!) but they don't know if they want to surprise people watching or to reward people.
Yes but if that was the case they should have let Vera Farmiga won for Bates Motel and not Danes (even though I love Danes). But yes, I get what you mean, but what does NOT make sense is that she was so much better in Asylum than in Murder House, she was playing a sadistic nun who then totally lost her mind and fdjskfjsdkljfsdkl It was better than the bad-ass next door from S1.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

"The Good Wife" (5.5) recap: Hitting the fan—and smashing it to bits - AfterEllen.com, Page 2

The Good Wife recap: This Changes Everything! | Season 5 Episode 05 | EW.com

'Good Wife' actor says 'eyes have not recovered' from Sunday episode - latimes.com

It's War! The Good Wife's Matt Czuchry Teases Bitter Rivalry That Completely Changes the Series | E! Online

Review of The Good Wife, "Hitting the Fan" | TIME.com

'The Good Wife' 'Season 5, Episode 5, 'Hitting the Fan': TV Recap - Speakeasy - WSJ

In The Good Wife’s Explosive ‘Hitting the Fan,’ That’s Exactly What Happens - The Daily Beast

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/...ap-hitting-fan

Postmortem: The Good Wife Bosses on That Heart-Crushing Exit and "Warrior Princess Alicia" - seattlepi.com

http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...isode-505.html

'The Good Wife' Review 5.5: The Villain In This Story - Starpulse.com

The Good Wife Recap: Not Your Mom’s Lawyer Show -- Vulture

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-...-li-51676.aspx

'The Good Wife' Recap: Alicia And Cary Get Fired, Peter Mulls Not Giving Diane Judgeship Nomination | News | Uinterview

'The Good Wife' Recap: Alicia And Cary Get Fired, Peter Mulls Not Giving Diane Judgeship Nomination | News | Uinterview

'The Good Wife' debuts a game-changing episode

'The Good Wife's "Hitting the Fan" Pays Off Long-Running Conflicts and Starts New Ones | Criticwire

'The Good Wife' recap: Whoa, what just happened? | Tampa Bay Times

The Good Wife Season 5 Review "Hitting the Fan" | TV Equals

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
CBS The Good Wife 1.4 and 9.35 million viewers.
Sunday Final Ratings: ‘The Amazing Race’ Adjusted Up; ‘Revenge’, ‘Betrayal’ & ’60 Minutes’ Adjusted Down & Final Sports Numbers - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-31-2014 at 02:26 PM
Old 10-29-2013, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
THE GOOD WIFE drew more viewers (9.4M) than anything on ABC Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sunday & was most-watched entertainment show on b'cast Sunday
Isn't it sorta ironic how cable is now beating the hell out of commercial networks with numbers, when they technically don't really care how many viewers they get and commercial networks live off of ratings?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

E is out !

The Good Wife: Hitting the Fan « Relatively Entertaining

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick