Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife News and Media Thread #6 ~ Because the media love TGW and so do we!

Season Two - 2010/2011

by MizButterfly

News

Michael J. Fox Returns To TV! | PerezHilton.com (Spoiler Alert)
The Good Wife's Michael Ealy: You Have to Watch People Like Derrick Bond (Spoiler Alert)
Mark Saks Makes 'Good'
The Good Wife Preview: Do Will and Alicia Get Together? - E! Online (Spoiler Alert)
'The Good Wife': 5 Things To Know About Season 2 | Fancast News (Spoiler Alert)
Broadway.com | Photo Flashback: The Stage Roots of The Good Wife's Great Cast
'Good Wife' exclusive: Alicia's latest client? (Spoiler Alert)
Owen-TV: 'The Good Wife' gets even better in second season | ScrippsNews (Spoiler Alert)
TBI - Interview with the Kings
My Cameo on “The Good Wife” | JoeTrippi.com (Spoiler Alert)
Humanitas lauds 'Precious,' 'Glee,' 'Good Wife' - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety
Exclusive: Elizabeth Reaser, Lili Taylor Join The Good Wife - omg! news on Yahoo! (Spoiler Alert)
'The Good Wife': Top 10 things I learned on set | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times (Spoiler Alert)
'Good Wife's Cary Is More (spoiler) Than Ever, Says Matt Czuchry (Spoiler Alert)
Michael J. Fox to Guest-Star on The Good Wife - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com (Spoiler Alert)
'The Good Wife' Stars Tease New Season, Love Triangle | Fancast News (Spoiler Alert)
Mega Buzz: The Good Wife, Criminal Minds' Hostage Situat - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com (Spoiler Alert)
'The Good Wife' will rip more storylines from the headlines - NYPOST.com (Spoiler Alert)
EMMYS: Q&A With ‘The Good Wife’ Co-Creators Robert King and Michelle King – Deadline.com
TV Feeds My Family: Day One in New York: on set with The Good Wife (Spoiler Alert)
Getting steamy on season 2 of CBS' 'The Good Wife' - Yahoo! News (Spoiler Alert)
Uptown Really Has Become Hollywood - The Good Wife & SVU & Others Stop By For Some Filming - Part 1 of 2 (Spoiler Alert)
The Good Wife: Alicia's Ties to Peter Will Be Problematic | TVGuide.com (Spoiler Alert)
See who the TV Top Earners are - You might be surprised! | Spoiler TV
'Good Wife' Gets Visit From 'Dreamgirl' Anika Noni Rose | Fancast News (Spoiler Alert)
The Good Wife Producer: Alicia's Brother Will "Immediately Impact" Her and Peter | TVGuide.com (Spoiler Alert)
Exclusive: 'Good Wife' casts 'L Word' alum Dallas Roberts to play Alicia's gay bro | Ausiello | EW.com (Spoiler Alert)
More Details on "The Good Wife"'s New Character (Spoiler Alert)
'Raising Hope': Preview FOX's new comedy with Martha Plimpton, Cloris Leachman - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
Press Tour 411: Highlights from CBS' exec session | Ausiello | EW.com (Spoiler Alert)
Stack of Stuff Quick Hits Page
Why GLAAD is Wrong to Fail CBS and Praise the CW
The Good Wife - Episode 2.02 - Double Jeopardy | Spoiler TV
Breaking News - CBS ANNOUNCES 2010-2011 PREMIERE DATES | TheFutonCritic.com
'The Good Wife' exclusive: 'FNL' grad Scott Porter | Ausiello | EW.com (Spoiler Alert)
'Good Wife' exclusive: 'FlashForward' alum Michael Ealy | Ausiello | EW.com (Spoiler Alert)
The Good Wife DVD news: Press Release for The Good Wife - Season 1 | TVShowsOnDVD.com
The Good Wife - Season 2 Premiere Title | Spoiler TV
Tammy Blanchard and Chris Sarandon to Join 'The Good Wife' 2010/07/16 (Spoiler Alert)
Exclusive: 'The Good Wife' retains Emmy winner Tammy Blanchard to play [spoiler alert] | Ausiello | EW.com (Spoiler Alert)
Rebecca Luker will guest star on "The Good Wife" | al.com (Spoiler Alert)
Julianna Margulies cheers 'Good Wife' Emmy fortunes, jeers snubs | Ausiello | EW.com
Good news for 'The Good Wife' - USATODAY.com

Media

VIDEO: Good Wife's Kalinda Meets a Personal and Professional Threat - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com (Spoiler Alert)
Season 2 Premiere Clips and interviews (Spoiler Alert)
The Good Wife - Red Carpet Interviews
Taking Control - Alicia/Peter and the Judge
The Goodwife 2010 Fall Preview
Emmy Recognition
The Good Wife - Emmy Recognition
The Good Wife - Trailer/Promo - Tuesdays - Only CBS
The Good Wife isn't just good - Tonight - Only CBS
The Good Wife - 9 more reasons to watch - Trailer/Promo - CBS
LATVFest 2010 Streaming Series

Press Release and Promo

Episode 2.01 - Taking Control
Promo - 2.01
Episode 2.02 - Double Jeopardy
Promo - 2.02
Episode 2.03 - Breaking Fast
Promo - 2.03
Episode 2.04 - Cleaning House
Promo - 2.04
Episode 2.05 - VIP Treatment
Episode 2.06 - Poisoned Pill

Old Thread

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Det.Logan; 10-14-2010 at 10:03 AM
Old 09-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Supreme Fan

new thread!

Can I repost my answer to Laila? I don't think she'll see it in the closed thread.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

Go ahead Lily

Old 09-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I was talking main-stream fame, "Twilight" fame, just to give you an example. I know her but not the way I know Michael Ealy, Scott Porter or even Jill Flint.
yeah she hasn't done a lot of tv. She had her own show on cable (some lousy writing screwed it up though... too bad. she was a shrink ) and she was nominated to an Emmy for best guest twice but never won. But in some circles she's much muuuuch more known than Ealy, Porter or Jill Flint who are newcomers compared to her career.

Quote:
I would say this is not a casting move to gain younger audience. Are you happy with this move? I got the feeling you love Lana very much.
This is definitely not to gain younger audiences but it's certainly part of the marketing casting we've had so far this season. Porter has been cast for younger audiences, Ealy is here to bring more ethnicity to the cast, Reaser is a stab at capturing the "romance" crowd (poor poor Elizabeth she used to be an actress before being swallowed by the Twilight BS). Lili Taylor was brought in with a different target in mind. She has a huge following in the GLBT community and with the indie crowd, two groups they are trying to hook with Kalinda.

I don't know how I feel about it. On the one hand, I'm thinking it could have been way worse. She's an outstanding actress and her acting style will complement Archie's in ways I never thought of before. She's a miracle worker! She's made lemonade out of juiceless characters before and if it happens to be so on TGW, she'll still work magic.
On the other hand, I don't feel like getting attached to another character that's going to be dropped if the network gets cold feet or if a bunch of bigotted morons spill their hatred somewhere.
Plus the wording of the release makes me nervous.
Spoiler:

WTF?! They start with double standards already!

And of course I think a storyline with Kalinda and Sexy would have been interesting on many levels. With all the implications regarding Peter and Alicia, the FBI investigation and Kalinda's involvement in it with Glenn and Peter... there was much more to do, it seems.

Quote:
I'm not unconfortable, I'm just slightly annoyed about this frenzies everytime they declare "a new love interest" for... There is a lot more that I wanted to watch beside romance
sorry you mentioned the peeping tom thing so I thought it made you uncomfortable. And I agree. There are better things to do with Kalinda's time than to pair her up with 2 characters again this season. I don't see the need to waste time on kisses behind doors that will lead nowhere.

and thanks for the pic Laila
Old 09-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But in some circles she's much muuuuch more known than Ealy, Porter or Jill Flint who are newcomers compared to her career.
I knew her a long time before I knew any of them and I'm not even in any circle She was in Mystic Pizza and she was nominated for an Emmy for the Xfiles I think.

Quote:
She has a huge following in the GLBT community and with the indie crowd, two groups they are trying to hook with Kalinda.
Now I know what you were talking about when you mentioned the casting news this season. It does make sense, especially in light of Taylor's casting.

Quote:
WTF?! They start with double standards already!
I thought that too. maybe it's just that they want to keep things semi-mysterious until she gets there. Or maybe it's more about what we discussed in the K/A thread about Kalinda and love in general.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've changed the URL in the press release because CBS PressExpress has geographical issues.

Spoiler Alert - Episode 2.03 Press Release
(no pics yet)

"The Good Wife" - Episode 2.03
Old 09-21-2010, 04:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

OMG! OMG! Priscilla Lopez is going to be in episode 3!!! Thank you soooo much Laila!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Guys here's the ET video from the Premiere/DVD party that Jess mentioned in the picture thread
Video: ET With The 'Compelling' Characters Of 'The Good Wife' At Their New York Premiere

ETA : Why does Christine smile to herself after saying 'surfeit'??? A 'word of the day' moment?
Old 09-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mild Spoiler Alert - Episode 2.02 Details (for the political lovers)

My Cameo on “The Good Wife”
Old 09-21-2010, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Shama and Laila!

I am not a terribly big fan of Joe Trippi (actually who am I kidding, I detest the guy)

--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 09-21-2010 at 06:53 AM
Old 09-21-2010, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They could do worse and put him on the republican side...
Old 09-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

Interview with the Kings- Very Mild Spoilers

TBI - Television Business International - Article / Key strategic business information on the production, broadcasting and financing of TV programming around the world, distribution

Spoiler- Season 2/Premiere

More scandal, betrayal, and competition: Season two of 'The Good Wife' is almost here! - Los Angeles TV Insider | Examiner.com

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Interesting comments about the series timing by the Kings.
Does sound like there are a ton of new characters; will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They have directions for a third and forth seasons but what direction is a matter of which actors they can paly with (as we said). I suppose they have almost planned the whole season except maybe the final.